PDA

View Full Version : Merbellas Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Green Tea Mermaid
10-08-2015, 01:20 PM
I had almost the exact same experience color-wise and spent two days worrying myself physically ill about how to tell her the colors were all wrong despite being right in her original sketch and us having communicated about them a lot. When I finally wrote her she was very sweet and understanding about it and worked closely until she got it right. Ultimately I still ended up with colors that are a bit different than what I originally planned for or her original sketch included but that's only because the changes came about organically during the repaint as she would make suggestions based on her expertise and I'd run ideas for small tweaks past her as she was working. In the end it turned out far more amazing than I could have imagined originally. The repaint did take a while but in the grand scheme of tail waiting time I had already put in, it wasn't that long. She also more than made up for the paint snafu and wait time with some incredible gifts in the box w my tail. She will absolutely make it right if you communicate with her kindly; she genuinely wants your tail to be perfect and for you to be thrilled with it.

I just wrote her, so hoping for the best. I am glad to know that I not the only one that worries herself sick about writing her for corrections. lol. I just feel so guilty about it. I know it's silly, but can't help it.

polyhymnia113
10-08-2015, 01:53 PM
LoL. I felt the same way. In retrospect it seems absurdly silly, but I know what you mean. I had this weird head trip of "..but but no one should ever question the great and wonderful wizard of Merbellas! She knows best how your tail should look. She is the creative master of tail making, after all, why question that?!" Haha.

Green Tea Mermaid
10-08-2015, 02:09 PM
LoL. I felt the same way. In retrospect it seems absurdly silly, but I know what you mean. I had this weird head trip of "..but but no one should ever question the great and wonderful wizard of Merbellas! She knows best how your tail should look. She is the creative master of tail making, after all, why question that?!" Haha.

Exactly this. Hahaha. :rotfl:

Merman Arion
10-08-2015, 02:39 PM
In the end I was actually almost kind of happy it worked out the way it did as it allowed me to get to know Raven a teensy bit better and observe via writing what a truly sweet, funny, witty gal she is. That was a rare treat and it felt good to know first hand what a cool and wonderful lady she is.

when are we going to see you in your tail? I believe we haven't seen pictures yet :)
correct me if I'm wrong.

Mermaid Alea
10-08-2015, 08:26 PM
I second Arion your tail is definitely one of my top favorites and I want to see more pictures of it!

MermaidMichelle
10-12-2015, 12:55 AM
Congratulations on joining the year-long (or 365-day?) club, Ariel! :cheerleader:

The seaweed top looks amazing; I see that Raven is in her "starlight mermaid" period! :swoon::violin:(There is no artist smiley, so pretend that violinist is a famous inspired virtuoso!)

Polyhymnia, we really like the look of your tail but we know it would look better with you in it! :mermaid kiss:

Everyone who is wondering about progress, don't be afraid to be persistent; I have sent Raven a few emails in the last several weeks and have yet to hear back myself. :meditation:

OK, that seems to be everything except for Felicia's kind words which mesh so well with this amazing quote:

Well you WERE named after Tiamat :P I wouldn't be surprised if the legendary rubbed off into you. Vaguely remember mentioning if Joan of arc too. Also legendary.
i imagine once your tail arrives it will also be legan-waitfioritandihopeyourenotlactoseintolerantbecause-DARY

LOL I love you! :mermaid kiss: I feel like a superheroine! What should I call myself? I know,
The Waitress!

Hmm...not quite as extraordinary a name as I'd hoped, but Joan of Arc did call herself the Maid​....

Sherielle
10-12-2015, 11:12 AM
No lie....when I see that Michelle has posted on this thread, I get excited thinking 'Did she hear news on her tail?!?' lol

AniaR
10-12-2015, 11:59 AM
I know right? lol.

SeaGlass Siren
10-12-2015, 06:55 PM
i got excited too :P

Aurellia Gyldenscale
10-19-2015, 05:30 PM
Raven is officially on her way to painting and she sent me a great teaser pic of my top so I finally know what shade of gold I'm getting (it's perfect). In a crazy twist of events, she got inspired last second with a new (similar) design concept. It was fantastic but there were still other things I liked about the first tail, so we sort of merged the two ideas. I couldn't be more excited. I can't wait to be able to show you guys pics. :)

Ashe
10-19-2015, 05:32 PM
Congrat! I'm happy for you and excited to see the new tail :) Gold is such a great tail color

Rogue Siren
10-19-2015, 09:51 PM
well it was called a moon koi but another mermaid took issue with her calling it a moon koi mermaid -_- so we came up with lunar koi

Wait, what?

AniaR
10-21-2015, 09:16 PM
I couldnt upload these before because of internet problems. Here are the videos of when we first opened our *new to us* merbellas tails.

Please keep in mind when viewing this video that these tails were bought USED and were Raven's experimental tails where she tested out features and designs. they dont represent what someone would get if they bought brand new tails. Seams etc were all years old and part of her learning process. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrLRo7cILUg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol9Nangbjzg

Mermaid Alea
10-21-2015, 11:39 PM
Those tails are SO amazing! :swoon: I didn't realize the She Creature tail has so much iridescence such as the faint green in the fluke. One of my favorite things about Merbella tails is their iridescence.

AniaR
10-22-2015, 08:52 AM
Yes the she creature photographs really monotone. It drives me nuts lol. So hard to capture all the color

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Ashton
10-22-2015, 12:53 PM
I love how excited she got when she saw the tail!
granted, I love how everyone gets excited!

AniaR
10-22-2015, 01:03 PM
I didn't get to do unboxing. Sean opened them lol

Ariel-Starfish
10-23-2015, 09:48 AM
I neeeeeed to get in touch with Raven! >_< I'm having this super cool idea for 'something' and never seen it before; I hope she is able to bring it to life! ❤️

AniaR
10-23-2015, 09:55 AM
She's at a gig right now

Rett
10-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Getting one of Raven's tails has always been one of my dreams! I cant afford it with college, but someday!

Ariel-Starfish
11-05-2015, 01:35 PM
Any news here? Quite dead around here...

AniaR
11-08-2015, 12:55 PM
OK guys, I am posting this on my own behalf as Raven's friend. She will likely get mad at me for doing so, because she hates giving anyone an excuse... but here I go anyway!

Ya'll know I am supposed to see her pretty soon for our mutual birthdays. I am having a hard time helping Raven take a single day off to spend with me, because she knows so many people are counting on her for tails and she feels extremely guilty about not working on them.

So I want to say a few things.

First of all. I know so many of you are waiting a super long time. You put in a huge amount of money, and wait a year or more for your dreams tails. I want you to consider a few things:

-A year ago, Raven's tails were drastically different than they are now. She's innovated brand new things in the mermaid tail world, and those things are highly complicated. When you put in an order prior to those things being created and then decide you want them, it's awesome that you can add them on. But they take a lot more time. I'm talking the blended waists (she actually tries to match your actual skin tone), the drainage systems (best thing you can add to a tail IMO but one of the most complicated) and her new flukes, and fins.

-A year ago, Raven was taking on simpler tails, and could make one in a few days. But now she is working with people who as you have seen from photos do very complicated and innovative designs. Most of her tails she's working on right now require custom molding and casting. They take a very long time, and it's a lot of back and forth with each client.

- raven does the majority of this stuff herself. Tyler takes on answering emails so she can focus on making the stuff, but he also runs his own entertainment business

Those of you who are waiting here right now for your tails worried about them? Raven works on them every. single. day. I've talked to her a few times leading up to my trip to see her and while I talk to her she's always working on the tails. She literally does absolutely nothing in her life but work on your tails except for the odd gig. She wakes up in the morning and works on tails, and then gets to bed at night and works on sketches for clients.

Everyone knows by now that Merbellas takes a long time. She's not mertailor with a team of 20 people, or even Finfolk who have a handful (but have similar wait times now). Yes, I know their fb needs to be updated to reflect more current information. There has literally been no time to do it. In fact i recently offered to do it for her, but even with me doing it, she and Tyler have to back and forth to figure out what information they want to change.

raven is not making you wait forever to delay your mermaid dreams. She's not doing it to be a jerk, and she's never scammed a single mermaid. She doesn't intentionally set herself up to be overwhelmed or to have too many tails on the go. The thing is she's one of the only tail maker who will fix things if they don't turn out the way the client wants. And as you know there's about a million things that can cause a tail to take longer.

I feel because Raven is quiet and introverted people often fill in the blanks and decide on their own what kind of a person she might be. Naturally, as her friend this drives me nuts. I am not her personal army, and I don't write this stuff to make anyone feel bad, or defend any mistakes she may have made.

I just think because Raven is quiet, people don't see the truth of how all consuming the tail making is for her. How she does nothing else, and when she's not tail making because she's sleeping, or doing a gig, or seeing family- she is physically ill over it because she knows you're all counting on her.

A lot of people post on here and elude like they aren't getting communication in an attempt to like, put community pressure on her. (when in reality it turns out a lot of people are getting communication, just not as frequently as they'd like). I'm here to tell you, you don't need to make passive aggressive posts on FB, on mernetwork, on instagram, because you're worried your tail doesnt have attention or to put pressure on Raven. I am telling you, she feels the pressure. She takes it seriously. you don't have to do that.

Raven doesnt send WIP shots. She just doesn't She never has. I have the very first merbellas tails and I didn't get WIP shots. She wants people to see the almost finish product to approve, and then she wants people to see her true capability. not something barely done that doesnt represent her skill.

I have been urging Raven to make a FB post addressing people's concerns. She knows communication is something people want more of, but it legit takes a lot out of her and she doesnt want to give anyone excuses. She feels her energy is better spent just getting the tails done, and getting them done right. I've even offered to help her make it to cover the stuff people are concerned about like wait times etc but I don't know if she'll decide to do that or not. Like I said, she doesn't want to give you excuses, she wants to give you results.

Raven has always been since the start of her company a tail maker who will give you the world if you give her the time. If you push her and rush her and stress her out the tail experience will reflect it. If you put some faith in her even though it's super scary not to hear much from her, and to wait so long, your experience will reflect that too. I know Michelle's tail is going to be the biggest splash to hit the community in a long time when it finally all comes together. Some of you stressed about wait times? Michelle been waiting forever. But I have total faith that michelle will feel like it was all worth it by the time that tail is in her hands.

Stressing her out with public posts and complaints etc isn't going to help you or her. All it's going to do is add to her anxiety. It doesn't actually make her work any faster, because she's already working as fast as she can.

So this is my plea. Yes, you have every right to be concerned, to worry, to find it hard to wait so long. This is a lot of money, these tails are your dream, you want the best, you want to get your business going. Just please try to remember the fact that my friend, contrary to popular belief, is not a mythological creature and is human. She can only do what she can do, and in the end if people are mad, they're mad. but it doesnt change what she's physically capable of.

Her birthday is coming up. Last year when she took 2 days off to celebrate it she had people publicly complain. She hadnt even taken time off to celebrate her anniversary with her husband, and it was literally the only time she took off all year.

I would like to take my friend and give her a day of fun, relaxation, and creativity. So she can come back to her tail making feeling refreshed, less stressed, and help people create their dreams. I don't want her to have to spend the entire time anxiety ridden wanting to barf because she's worried a client may see a photo I post and think she's not working on their tail.

When Raven is quiet, when you don't hear anything, when stuff isnt posted here a lot or on FB, those are the times when she is the busiest. Because she's getting shit done.

RomanLaveau
11-08-2015, 02:44 PM
The fact that Raina had to post this, is sad! It's ridiculous that people have clearly seen the amazing, work that is Ravens and still complain...like how could you complain about her not working on tails for her birthday or taking a couple days off in general; I feel bad that she doesn't do it regularly, just so it doesn't consume her! Ew ppl let's do better, especially for the people who are making dreams come true to the best of their ability AND when Raven feels bad for taking a couple days off out of 365! Let me just stop lol Happy Early Birthday, and have funnnnn!

Ariel-Starfish
11-08-2015, 02:58 PM
At least I hope we get to see pictures afterwards of u guys enjoying yourself? :D

Felicia
11-08-2015, 04:24 PM
Raina I hope you and Raven both have a wonderful time! It's sad that anyone would get mad because she took alittle time to herself, she's a beast when it comes to her work, and that's awesome, but I hope she gets her much needed break and can enjoy it to the fullest! She should never have to feel bad for taking some much needed "me time"! Happy birthday to you both! You better take super bomb pictures and share them with us, ya know, so we can be jelly!

polyhymnia113
11-08-2015, 04:45 PM
I'd like to echo a particular point in what Raina said in that with ONE single exception, every single person we've ever watched/read posts about stressing during the wait (myself included) later comes full circle and voices precisely how worth the wait their tail actually is and posts as much about it. Don't stress and nitpick Raven, she really does want your tail to be perfect and literally lives and breathes tail making. Anyone on the other side of the process does nothing but sing her praises, so cut her some slack. We are lucky to have such an incredible artist as a tailmaker and that she even wants to offer her services for tail making despite how it consumes her life. She could easily have decided to only make tails for her own business, friends, or even just as a hobby and Merbellas wouldn't even be an option to dream of. There is no shortage of tail makers but she is the best and has pioneered much of the innovation and quality standards for the "industry" so who knows what the mer world would be if she hadn't put all of her passion and energy into making Merbellas a company. Let's all try to focus on supporting those in wait with positivity and encouragement and less on "what Raven could do differently". Finally, a huge happy happy birthday to Raina and Raven both!

lynsea
11-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Raina, Raven has an amazing friend in you and even when she gets mad at you, she still knows this. Happy (almost) birthday to you both. Make sure to make her take a day off!

Luna Dreamtide
11-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Great post Raina. It is sad that this has to be said. I haven't been around here for all that long, but anymer can see that Raven is a true example of a dedicated artist and her work shows that.
I hope she and Raina have a great birthday break and time to recharge. :)

Mermaid Lorelei
11-13-2015, 01:35 PM
Hey Raina, I just took a peek at the first post on the thread and it looks like a lot of the links to images are broken or missing. I wasn't sure if you wanted to update it for people new to mernetwork.

Mer-Crazy
11-13-2015, 03:23 PM
Hey Raina, I just took a peek at the first post on the thread and it looks like a lot of the links to images are broken or missing. I wasn't sure if you wanted to update it for people new to mernetwork.
Yeah they're broken for me too :/ It seems to happen a bit with the older posts, maybe FB changed something and the links are different now.

AniaR
11-13-2015, 06:06 PM
Yeah fb moves pics to new servers. I will redo that whole page it is outdated any way

SeaGlass Siren
11-14-2015, 01:44 PM
The basilisk tail is up

Ashe
11-14-2015, 01:46 PM

I have no words...

SeaGlass Siren
11-14-2015, 01:50 PM
With matching top as well! It looks familiar though...

Mermaid Lilium
11-14-2015, 01:58 PM
It feels a little lion-fishy maybe?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

SeaGlass Siren
11-14-2015, 02:01 PM
No like I feel there was a mer here that asked for a basilisk tail

AniaR
11-14-2015, 03:17 PM
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/12243513_983172301738850_4966818363562482475_n.jpg ?oh=244bf63836aaa2036f20916560935eda&oe=56F4089A

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/12239156_983170138405733_24911229385098091_o.jpg

told you she be getting shit donnnnnnne

AniaR
11-14-2015, 03:20 PM
it looks familiar because it's got similar dorsal and little fins to Meraki's tail, and similar paint design to Raven's lionfish I think. But Raven also posted little sneak peeks on her FB which may have shown up in your feed. (cuz I commented on them)

SeaGlass Siren
11-14-2015, 03:25 PM
Ah ok.

Starfrit
11-14-2015, 03:27 PM
I am way too obsessed with the lionfish dorsal... If I ever get a Merbella tail, I'm sooooo tempted to get that dorsal. *w*

Luna Dreamtide
11-14-2015, 09:40 PM
I was wondering when people were going to post those photos! The teal and gold tail is gorgeous! The finned top is amazing. Anymer know whose tails these are?

AniaR
11-14-2015, 09:48 PM
I dont think the client is active online as a mermaid. I know Raven was telling me one was for an entertainment company's project or something. I think this is it

Mermaid Alea
11-14-2015, 11:50 PM
WOW! When I saw that blue and gold tail I literally just said this nonsense word, "Whooyahhuhhuh" The top for that tail has some neat stuff going on with it as well.

Felicia
11-15-2015, 03:12 PM
Oh wow! Those are absolutely gorgeous

Ariel-Starfish
11-17-2015, 02:16 AM
I love the purple/gold/teal one! It's the one I posted on my FB a few weeks ago! ❤️

Ariel-Starfish
11-17-2015, 02:23 AM
http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/Mernetwork%20avatar-banner/216B0033-57CB-45D1-A1BD-B933CF803A0E.png_zpsifdhysxy.jpeg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/Mernetwork%20avatar-banner/216B0033-57CB-45D1-A1BD-B933CF803A0E.png_zpsifdhysxy.jpeg.html)

Mer-Crazy
11-17-2015, 02:56 AM
Raven did post it on her personal page, probably just forgot to post it on the Merbellas one

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Ariel-Starfish
11-17-2015, 06:20 AM
Oh really? I know many of u have acces to Raven's page, but I don't. I asked her 2 years ago If I could add her but she told me she stopped adding clients to her personal page. ;)

Merenneito Nerissa
11-18-2015, 04:21 AM
Did you notice that she's going to have a pre made tail set available for purchase in this month?? I got quite excited, but I'm afraid that atm I don't have enough funds ready to purchase a merbella, I'm quite sure that it's going to be something like 3500usd (just thinking, didn't read this as a fact from anywhere!) and also cause I'm rather tall these pre made ones are usually way too short. But what a dream would that be...

Ariel-Starfish
11-18-2015, 10:31 AM
I'm pretty exited to see what ittype of tail it could be! ❤️

Madison MerFaerie
11-18-2015, 11:36 AM
It would be awesome if we could know the sizing information since it's pre-made!

Aurellia Gyldenscale
11-18-2015, 03:42 PM
I was really confused at first when I saw the new blue/gold tail because its basically the same colors as mine but with extra fins. I thought maybe I completely forgot what my design was hahaha. The basilisk tail is like my tail's older cool sister! Just got some pics of mine too...I'll share once Raven has time to send me the ones with her watermark. You guys are going to like it. Its fairly basic (no extra fins)...but I'm already in love with it. :)

Mermaid Lorelei
11-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Which fluke shape did you go with Aurellia?

AniaR
11-20-2015, 10:22 AM
Did you notice that she's going to have a pre made tail set available for purchase in this month?? I got quite excited, but I'm afraid that atm I don't have enough funds ready to purchase a merbella, I'm quite sure that it's going to be something like 3500usd (just thinking, didn't read this as a fact from anywhere!) and also cause I'm rather tall these pre made ones are usually way too short. But what a dream would that be...
I saw what it is going to be like in person. It is brand new. Amazing. If I had funds I'd snatch it up.

AniaR
11-20-2015, 10:23 AM
I'm pretty exited to see what ittype of tail it could be! ❤️
I'm here in Florida and just FYI she's been busting her butt trying to finish your tail all week. Should be done soon!

Merenneito Nerissa
11-20-2015, 10:42 AM
I saw what it is going to be like in person. It is brand new. Amazing. If I had funds I'd snatch it up.

It'd be a dream to own a Merbella... Wish I'd know measurements, I have been paid lately of two bigger gigs so it might be that I could have some funds available, but atm my purchase is depending of the measurements and the complete price. Following merbellas-page quite intensively now... :D

AniaR
11-20-2015, 08:04 PM
It'd be a dream to own a Merbella... Wish I'd know measurements, I have been paid lately of two bigger gigs so it might be that I could have some funds available, but atm my purchase is depending of the measurements and the complete price. Following merbellas-page quite intensively now... :D
It'll all be online when she's ready to sell

AniaR
11-20-2015, 10:57 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/20/c0f302246375d618185469fce8957415.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/20/f5bcb22055a2e2266febae80f3d1f0b8.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/20/69ec012b95a7a1dff88040cc2fca1308.jpg

Mermaid Alea
11-20-2015, 11:08 PM
Oh my gosh I love Raven's tail! She does such a great job with markings on tails.

Luna Dreamtide
11-20-2015, 11:48 PM
Wow you two are gorgeous! And Raven's tail is amazing. I love that fluke and the markings. Agree with Mermaid Alea, she does a great job of getting those to look so natural and organic.

MerEmma
11-21-2015, 12:03 AM
Wow, so nice to see you guys together again! I'm sure you feel it more than I see it. Beautiful photos, thank you for sharing, Raina. <3

Ariel-Starfish
11-21-2015, 02:04 AM
Oh my!! I'm so happy seeing u babes having a great time! :mermaidkiss:

Fifi Tigg
11-21-2015, 02:38 AM
Raina, is that the tail she is putting up for sale this month?

Spindrift
11-21-2015, 06:11 AM
@Fifi almost certainly not. Pretty sure that's her personal :)

AniaR
11-21-2015, 08:50 AM
It is similar to it. But thats hers that she swam in for our visit

PearlieMae
11-21-2015, 09:39 AM
Absolutely stunning!

Ariel-Starfish
11-21-2015, 11:28 AM
I'm here in Florida and just FYI she's been busting her butt trying to finish your tail all week. Should be done soon!

OMG!!! Really? ö Wow thanks Raina! Did you accedently see it? *grin*

http://mernetwork.com/index/webkit-fake-url://a87211fa-c4c2-41ce-bf28-7240277298cb/imagegif

SweetestofSirens
11-22-2015, 12:17 PM
Hello all! Just wanted to let you know that I have posted my Merbellas Studio tail for sale on Ebay! If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me :) The photos of Raina and Raven are really beautiful!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Merbella-Studios-Professional-Mermaid-Tail-Ariel-Christmas-Lot-Little-Bride-OOAK-/172006732244?hash=item280c6671d4:g:PPIAAOSw585WUSL k

Ashton
11-22-2015, 07:27 PM
Hello all! Just wanted to let you know that I have posted my Merbellas Studio tail for sale on Ebay! If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me :) The photos of Raina and Raven are really beautiful!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Merbella-Studios-Professional-Mermaid-Tail-Ariel-Christmas-Lot-Little-Bride-OOAK-/172006732244?hash=item280c6671d4:g:PPIAAOSw585WUSL k

Super cute! and I am totally going to tell my sister about this- it looks like it will fit her. I do have a question tho, I was wondering what the foot pocket sizing is (I did not see it on the listing)

Mer-Crazy
11-22-2015, 07:28 PM
6-8 mahina merfin

Ashton
11-22-2015, 07:28 PM
Super cute! and I am totally going to tell my sister about this- it looks like it will fit her. I do have a question tho, I was wondering what the foot pocket sizing is (I did not see it on the listing)

Never mind, I found it.... size 6-8

Ashton
11-22-2015, 07:34 PM
Both my sister and myself have huge feet (10 US /42 EUR0 ) I wonder if we cut the back strap if it would fit her...

Wandering_Nightwind
11-23-2015, 12:07 AM

I just wanted to let you know that I am in love with this tail and I am extrememly interested in it. though i'm super afraid of losing the auction haha.

Mermaid Andrina
11-23-2015, 02:35 PM
Raina, those pictures are gorgeous! Raven's tail is beautiful; the markings are incredible!

AniaR
11-24-2015, 01:00 PM
So I'm an asshole who spread my germs to raven and she got sick. Sorry folks! sorry! I saw her briefly for the one day, and then didnt think I'd see her again. But she surprised me on my last day with a birthday gift and a photoshoot!
Raven's gift she made me:

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12279054_10156282420490425_2963002618095459745_n.j pg?oh=d1cae524c252c5e644051a2f556981a8&oe=56E22BA8

Sean carrying tails

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12295329_1047789745252481_3242627052896984927_n.jp g?oh=954eb7d1a96f75810ca6823e299355d7&oe=56EC782A

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/12250119_1047789741919148_1874001106438489197_n.jp g?oh=821cb44e1e5f116959917ddb448a7a02&oe=56E1671D

More to come!

MerEmma
11-24-2015, 01:03 PM
What a goof, omg. :P

Also, jeeze that's a lot of tail!

SeaGlass Siren
11-24-2015, 01:24 PM
THATS WHAT SHE SAID *Swims away*

Merenneito Nerissa
11-24-2015, 01:46 PM
The one with the angler fluke hmmm....... :) <3

Ariel-Starfish
11-24-2015, 02:03 PM
Omg those green/teal colors :drool: droooooollll

Moongazer
11-24-2015, 02:21 PM
Do you know if she will be doing an ebay listing for the new tail? Or if it's just going to be a fb post?

AniaR
11-24-2015, 02:23 PM
Do you know if she will be doing an ebay listing for the new tail? Or if it's just going to be a fb post?
She just mentioned it to me offhand folks. You'll have to wait for her. I have no other details

Ariel-Starfish
11-24-2015, 02:35 PM
Yesterday I got an email from her saying she is painting away on my tail!

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/GIFs%20and%20Memes/C4C9BA0A-75C8-45AC-9141-CCFE96FB7AF4_zpsmolgj0qq.gif (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/GIFs%20and%20Memes/C4C9BA0A-75C8-45AC-9141-CCFE96FB7AF4_zpsmolgj0qq.gif.html)

Felicia
11-24-2015, 04:01 PM
Yesterday I got an email from her saying she is painting away on my tail!

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/GIFs%20and%20Memes/C4C9BA0A-75C8-45AC-9141-CCFE96FB7AF4_zpsmolgj0qq.gif (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/GIFs%20and%20Memes/C4C9BA0A-75C8-45AC-9141-CCFE96FB7AF4_zpsmolgj0qq.gif.html)

Not gunna lie, I'm alittle jelly! I'm dying to get an update, not that I could go swimming even if my tail were done, but the anticipation is making me insane lol

AnnaAbyss
11-24-2015, 08:26 PM
So pretty *-* :swoon:

AniaR
11-25-2015, 06:59 PM
If you're all looking for a good fishmas present, Merbellas did the tails for the weeki calendar! it features 3 of our tails that we own...

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/12301478_10153115296527064_80250308045669168_n.jpg ?oh=c6c20469dbc520025032a52be3b13180&oe=56F10FBC

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtl1/v/t1.0-9/12301675_10153115296732064_7852577892397759787_n.j pg?oh=eec9d58de192073030258e65b449c00c&oe=56F9797A

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/12308455_10153115296752064_1884034906356559298_n.j pg?oh=251563e356973136706be72ab65eec33&oe=56EECA2B

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12249817_10153115296492064_2671377325451637358_n.j pg?oh=493170eec04e84868bc237521b521747&oe=56EF8543

Ashton
11-26-2015, 01:24 AM
snazzy!

Ariel-Starfish
11-26-2015, 02:42 AM
Got the calendar as soon as it was out ❤️

Ariel-Starfish
11-28-2015, 01:18 PM
420 days and counting ❤️

AniaR
12-03-2015, 08:33 PM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12310673_990570404332373_4604052545020273254_n.jpg ?oh=d5a11a1dd9075107e0870d8c07625d80&oe=56DEF3C0

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12241215_986687158054031_4702424929059799574_n.jpg ?oh=730d92879bde76dfab21719868975fff&oe=56E7C6F3

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/12219543_984357241620356_1450267789151287753_n.jpg ?oh=55f17ae6fd42ffa66e1bc0754cf61f32&oe=56F1ED4D

I have her personal FB and I know there are a few more coming!

PetLoverSpy
12-03-2015, 08:40 PM
Just confirming why I want to order from her. These are absolutely stunning!!

Starfrit
12-03-2015, 09:15 PM
DREAMY SIGH NOISE

I always forget how badly I want a Merbella ensemble until I visit this thread and see all of the new pictures of her tails and accessories. And then my heart hurts. The stripes on her newest personal tail are perfection.

Someday... Someday... ;w;

PS— Is there a name on that new fluke shape?? I keep thinking it's the one from that Moon Koi concept she was planning to auction off forever ago, so I've just been calling it the Moon Koi fluke. Either way, it's very quickly replacing the Angler as my favorite. :swoon:

Mermaid Bailey
12-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Those tails are breathtaking:jawdrop: are they the ones being sold?

Ashe
12-03-2015, 10:30 PM
That rainbow striped tail is giving me a heartache... :(

Spindrift
12-03-2015, 10:44 PM
Okay here goes. As a reminder, I am just looking for others insight/opinion/perspective I am not here to start a fight.

Most of you know I've been waiting for my tail for a while. 455 days to be precise. Back on June 30th I received pictures of my painted tail. I was so disappointed because my tail was nothing like what we had discussed and the coloring was way off. I've had issues with both my tail/tops with getting a true teal color, I even sent her a swatch of teal in an email so she could see that shade/color teal I was looking for. She had to repaint one of my tops and even then it was still more turquoise/blue rather than deep teal, but I couldn't bring myself to tell her. So I looked on the bright side, she had made me a headdress and necklace for me. Raven added in seahorses to them because we had talked about including them because they are my favorite animal and my necklace and headdress were adorable! :) Following the pictures of my tail, I spent the next few days trying to figure out the nicest way possible to tell her this was nothing like the tail I thought I would be getting. I am very patient and I have no problems with Raven or the time I have waited because I'd rather wait and love my tail then rush her and just think it's okay. Plus Raven has been very pleasant to talk with, so I was very worried about offending her. I finally wrote an email out to her discussing the changes and problem with color and such. I received a response pretty quick on July 12th and she admitted the colors were off on the tail and explained that the new printer she had printed the colors wrong and she had gone off the printer copy rather than the actually design. She explained further that she had also come to her own conclusion that the metallic silver tipping that was supposed to be on the fluke was very flat and matte looking and she had already ordered a more metallic/chrome for it. Happy with this response I put my mind at ease that Raven had this under control and I had/have nothing to worry about. I sent out an email enquiring about an update on Aug 12th, then again Sep 19th, then on Sep 22nd I received a reply from Tyler. I was told that I should expect pictures within the week. Here we are on Oct 7th and I have yet to see anything since the pictures on June 30th. Then today I notice, Mermaid Ula's top and couldn't help but feel a little upset about what's going on with my order. Her top is the exact color that I've been trying to get my tail painted and the exact color of my concept art from Raven. In fact, the color is so close that the necklace posted with her top is actually mine. Let me state I have no problem with the fact that Mermaid Ula has the same color scheme, as many mer share popular colors, so that's not my issue. However, frustration got the better of me today because I have yet to see anything about my repaint and then yesterday this top is posted and I am kinda losing the battle over here with being patient. Trying to do my best.

Here are the pictures so you can get an idea of what I am talking about.

Was this fixed??? Cuz I really wanna see how this tail turns out :x

AniaR
12-04-2015, 12:02 PM
the mint tail is raven's personal tail.

Mermaid Mystery
12-04-2015, 07:54 PM
just wondering, I may have asked this before but what's the process for ordering tops? Is it the same as tails? Does she have spaces and a waiting list for tops as well?

AniaR
12-04-2015, 09:25 PM
she tends to sell tops all in a bunch of put premade ones up on her page. She prefers selling tops as part of tail packages. As far as I know she's not taking orders for custom tops at the moment

Mermaid Mystery
12-05-2015, 01:52 AM
Thank you for the info!

Ariel-Starfish
12-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Just hit a year and two months today :p

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/GIFs%20and%20Memes/CCAC2A4A-0DCB-4ADB-A5AE-E14A56094608_zpsajro5id0.jpg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/GIFs%20and%20Memes/CCAC2A4A-0DCB-4ADB-A5AE-E14A56094608_zpsajro5id0.jpg.html)

Merman Arion
12-05-2015, 04:52 PM
New beauty from Merbella :swoon: :drool: :fallover:

Elodea the Mermaid
12-05-2015, 05:34 PM

Omg that top is so amazing!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

AniaR
12-05-2015, 06:18 PM
^I think that mermaid is on mernetwork. I was going to post it but Raven asked me to wait to see if the client did ;)

There's also a mia who got a beautiful fiery tail I'm not sure if she's on here or not. She's sharing her pics all over so I'll wait a few days and if she doesn't post herself I'll put those up too!

Felicia
12-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Ughhhh all these beautiful tails got me all antsy for mine

Merley
12-05-2015, 06:47 PM
That fire tail is so pretty it hurts. I love the she creature fluke.

Mermaid Wesley
12-05-2015, 08:05 PM
That fluke is just <3 my fav.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luna Dreamtide
12-05-2015, 10:09 PM

So gorgeous those colours. And the siren top design is amazing. I was wondering when we would see more of them!

AniaR
12-05-2015, 10:20 PM
well it's all over the internet so I'll just post it here: Mia's tail, inspired by a phoenix

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12347691_10208097858583877_7860225419964632177_n.j pg?oh=8ad6a85c2c07ada5fb649d75e22e61e3&oe=56D4CA27

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12308303_10208082885493915_648445302273688792_n.jp g?oh=559e0b2ce6319118287d4340531e3c0c&oe=56E5664C

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12316302_10208082885573917_4109043521063044439_n.j pg?oh=649754e82da941d2f01dba1299b14dc2&oe=56D8BFE0

PearlieMae
12-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Ooooooh! I LOVE THAT color combo! Beautiful!

Luna Dreamtide
12-05-2015, 11:12 PM
Oh my gosh it's stunning. And that's the She Creature fluke isn't it?

Ariel-Starfish
12-06-2015, 01:51 AM
Ughhhh all these beautiful tails got me all antsy for mine

Seeing all these pictures I'm dying over mine :drool: !!

How many days/months are u waiting? :)

Felicia
12-06-2015, 02:03 AM
Seeing all these pictures I'm dying over mine :drool: !!

How many days/months are u waiting? :)

456 days or 1 year and 3 months

AniaR
12-06-2015, 02:21 PM
456 days or 1 year and 3 months
Yours is the one with the custom dorsal and stuff right? Raven had mentioned it when I visited. She's working hard, I think yours might be in the same batch as Ariels that she's trying to finish up and get out. Good luck! I'm sure it'll be worth the wait :)

Felicia
12-06-2015, 02:56 PM
Yours is the one with the custom dorsal and stuff right? Raven had mentioned it when I visited. She's working hard, I think yours might be in the same batch as Ariels that she's trying to finish up and get out. Good luck! I'm sure it'll be worth the wait :)

It has a dorsal but I dont believe its custom, as I didn't pay an extra fee on top of the dorsal price, but either way I'm sure tll be worth it! Just seeing all the tails coming out makes me antsy lol

MermaidMichelle
12-07-2015, 12:39 PM
Today is Day 666 for me, and to give you an appropriate Disney celebration of this I was going to link to the "Night on Bald Mountain" Chernabog sequence from Fantasia, but that contains impure material (naked harpies), so here is the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe ​performance from the 1985 Macy's Day Parade (as it also plays "Night on Bald Mountain"!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC3t8n-ZcaE

Here is the always-appropriate Ave Maria for afterwards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xXkB-ncF2g

However, just before this day fell, I received news of my tail from Raven! She contacted me via Facebook messages, discussed my mermaid outfit with me, and sent me three more conceptual pictures.

Firstly, here is a pearlescent angelfish:

Secondly, here is an outline sketch of the overall shape of my tail (notice that she has granted my request and given me a modified Lunar Koi fluke):

Finally, quite in season for Mockingjay Pt. 2, here is the first full-colour drawing of the Mer On Fire:

Yet still this is not the final version! Raven told me that she went as bright as she could in the areas which are to be pearlescent, and she volunteered to go back to the drawing board to detail the angelic shape wreathed in flames!

Felicia
12-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Today is Day 666 for me, and to give you an appropriate Disney celebration of this I was going to link to the "Night on Bald Mountain" Chernabog sequence from Fantasia, but that contains impure material (naked harpies), so here is the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe ​performance from the 1985 Macy's Day Parade (as it also plays "Night on Bald Mountain"!):

However, just before this day fell, I received news of my tail from Raven! She contacted me via Facebook messages, discussed my mermaid outfit with me, and sent me three more conceptual pictures.

Secondly, here is an outline sketch of the overall shape of my tail (notice that she has granted my request and given me a modified Lunar Koi fluke):

Finally, quite in season for Mockingjay Pt. 2, here is the first full-colour drawing of the Mer On Fire:

Yet still this is not the final version! Raven told me that she went as bright as she could in the areas which are to be pearlescent, and she volunteered to go back to the drawing board to detail the angelic shape wreathed in flames!

Everytime you post I'm pretty sure I die alittle from excitement lol
Also that tail is sweet, even if it's not a finished concept!

PearlieMae
12-07-2015, 01:24 PM
I dig it!

AniaR
12-07-2015, 01:35 PM
It has a dorsal but I dont believe its custom, as I didn't pay an extra fee on top of the dorsal price, but either way I'm sure tll be worth it! Just seeing all the tails coming out makes me antsy lol

Yeah it's so hard when you get close to the end.

Michelle! Raven showed me your updated sketch and I was chatting with her about why it was taking so long. To me it made perfect sense, but I think other clients may not be so understanding. It's wonderful that you are because I think Raven's in a better artistic place skill wise (my opinion) to create what you want now, than she would of been earlier. She has innovated so much, and learned so much more along with refining the process.

You have got to be one of the nicest mers around, and I am personally so thankful (for my friend's sake) that you are so positive about this whole thing. Raven was bragging up your design when I visited. I know she is genuinely so excited to tackle it.

I love your design so much, I know it's going to be worth everything. I am sorta envious aha We shall look mermazing together when you get it, I will be sure to visit or have you here hehe :)

Vrindavana Starfish
12-07-2015, 01:49 PM

Firstly, Hell yeah He-Man and She-Ra! I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Secondly, THAT TAIL IS GOING TO BE GORGEOUS! I LOVE the lunar koi fin! And those hip fins, omg. I can't even believe this isn't the final design.

PetLoverSpy
12-07-2015, 02:44 PM
That tail is too gorgeous :jawdrop: It's so flippin' majestic! I love that there's plenty of fire tails around yet they all look different!

Mermaid Cecelia
12-07-2015, 06:00 PM
Oh my lord oh my lord that is gorgeous!

AniaR
12-07-2015, 10:52 PM
Tail Features-
Colors: Iridescent pearl, mint, teal, emerald with black markings.
Angler Fluke
Rounded Scales
Full Dorsal fin, Heel and Adipose fins
Blended waist
Seadragon scales
Drainage
Glitter top coat I refurbished my original Angler tail. The fluke is the only part of the old tail so It has a broken monofin strap. I replaced the entire body of the tail with New scales and fins and have only worn it twice since. The Angler fluke is very lightweight and perfect for posing with ease.
The pearl color is very iridescent. The color mostly photographs white but in different lighting flashes pink, green and gold.
Two matching tops:
Atlantis Scale bra with nude halter.
Back band is unembellished.
Size: padded 36C, Halter strap: 19.5
Starfish top with lace, pearls and crystals
Size:36B/C with adjustable netting halter ties
-Tail Measurements-
waist to ankles:38
Waist to knees:21.5
Waist to hips:8
Around waist:32
Around hips:38
Around knees:22
Around ankles:16
Medium 7-9 Foil monofin (right strap broken)
*Headdress & necklace not included*
Asking $3,400.00 + Shipping for the set.
Please email Tyler if interested or have questions at Merbellastudios@gmail.com

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/s960x960/12339453_993168767405870_3770135307501557784_o.jpg

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/s960x960/12307409_993167277406019_5996602783783174539_o.jpg

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11225437_993167774072636_1128794718375097577_n.jpg ?oh=a60039af911c5d53c3a82412f49cdb99&oe=56E5AED6

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/t31.0-8/12362929_993167807405966_5472933671177358055_o.jpg

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/t31.0-8/12322846_993167247406022_7889608064859614736_o.jpg

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/t31.0-8/12363230_993168024072611_1654654373733671355_o.jpg

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12348120_993168337405913_3110311354586575880_n.jpg ?oh=3c7b42e166da2088ece01bb7124ba517&oe=56E901F2

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11209690_993156974073716_3631807965333890157_n.jpg ?oh=ff8489e0ccdb104b26f3ce1d50053974&oe=56E75194

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/t31.0-8/q89/s960x960/12309753_993156984073715_7991112166468320204_o.jpg

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/12307999_993170367405710_9063857382204795129_o.jpg

Mermaid Alea
12-07-2015, 11:22 PM
Maybe someday... :drool:

Spindrift
12-07-2015, 11:39 PM
I didn't realize this particular tail was aqua in color! I thought it was more of a sky blue and wasn't feeling it as much. Now I am. :3

Winged Mermaid
12-08-2015, 12:59 AM
That tail is sold! Gone in a bit over an hour, wow that went fast!

Madison MerFaerie
12-08-2015, 01:22 AM
Michelle, that fire tail sketch is beyond gorgeous! I can't wait to see Raven bring this tail to life for you! You are going to look incredible!!!!!!

Merman Arion
12-08-2015, 02:34 AM
That tail is sold! Gone in a bit over an hour, wow that went fast!

That part kind of makes me feel sad and frustrated :cry: :thumbdown:
In September, I emailed the FF twins twice, kindly asking if they could share my sale Facebook post on their business page but nothing. I tried to contact them about it to no avail.. I was so confident my blue tail would be sold in a matter of hours thanks to their fan base *sighs*

Mermaid Coralia
12-08-2015, 03:35 AM
Too bad I'm so poor :cry: That tail ALMOST would fit me! Just a few inches too small in the hip area. But it stretches right?!? Ahaha, maybe next time. I'm determined to have a merbellas someday!

Mermaid Neri Elvina
12-08-2015, 04:51 AM
Adipose?! I love them they're so cuuuute. Oh wait....

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk

Spindrift
12-08-2015, 05:28 AM
Adipose?! I love them they're so cuuuute. Oh wait....

I have one of the dolls!

Mermaid Neri Elvina
12-08-2015, 05:29 AM
I have one of the dolls!
I'm so jelly now fellow Whovian!

Ariel-Starfish
12-08-2015, 06:39 AM
Why does all the awsome stuff happen
when I'm asleep? :p lol

Thanks for the heads-up Raina! :)

Michelle : Your tail is going to be breath taking! ❤️

About the tail that has been sold: I wondrr who got it? :) I'm so in love with that design!

Also: did it have a foil or competitor in it? Just curious ^^

Mer-Crazy
12-08-2015, 06:48 AM
Foil

AniaR
12-08-2015, 10:24 AM
tail has been sold.

Ariel-Starfish
12-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Foil

Thanks! Now I know how my fluke wil look when it's up! ;)

AniaR
12-08-2015, 12:55 PM
so, anyone see "maya-made-a-facebook-account-just-to-post-this-dumb-comment" ?

Let me be clear; I think it's totally valid to have a few concerns about Raven's wait times and how quiet she is. But if you're going to make a stink about a tail maker, try not to be so transparent in your butthurt lol

In a rare event, Raven replied. And her comment slayed.

PearlieMae
12-08-2015, 01:02 PM
:mic drop:

Mermaid Neri Elvina
12-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Damn I saw it all. Even commented myself (Rachael Wyeth)

Vrindavana Starfish
12-08-2015, 01:11 PM
I'm so glad its sold already and the mono fin is too big, or I'd have to scrape up lots of money fast! That tail is too tempting!

Vrindavana Starfish
12-08-2015, 01:23 PM
:mic drop:

Couldn't have said it better.

After reading more about the work Raven puts into her tails, I take back what I said before about how I would spend extra to have a rush order. I think, if you get a Marbella's tail, then let her take her time, even if the wait kills you. I don't think I'd even give her a design. I think I'd send her and inspiration photo and a suggested color palette and let her do her thing. I'd even let her pick out the fluke and fins she thinks are best.

Ariel-Starfish
12-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Daaammmn.... :thumbdown:

Raven kicks ass! :cool:

AniaR
12-08-2015, 02:02 PM

After reading more about the work Raven puts into her tails, I take back what I said before about how I would spend extra to have a rush order. I think, if you get a Marbella's tail, then let her take her time, even if the wait kills you. I don't think I'd even give her a design. I think I'd send her and inspiration photo and a suggested color palette and let her do her thing. I'd even let her pick out the fluke and fins she thinks are best.

that's my plan for my eventual next personal tail.

Mermaid Wesley
12-08-2015, 04:41 PM
^mine too if I ever buy one from her.

Spindrift
12-08-2015, 04:47 PM

Yeah, I trust Raven's artistic vision 100%

PetLoverSpy
12-08-2015, 05:21 PM
That just made my day and 100% convinced me to order from Raven, even if I have to wait three years for a tail.

Mer-Crazy
12-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Who the heck is Maya?

Starfrit
12-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Who even is this Maya person?? Where do they get off? They actually sound like an angry Mertailor fangirl who just wants to tear down superior tailmakers, lol (I loved your response, Neri!). Literally none of the claims they've made are true.

Raven slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyed with her response. I may have actually cackled at the "If this is terrible customer service then we are not the makers for you and I am okay with that :)" part.

Felicia
12-08-2015, 06:34 PM

That's basically what I did, I gave her a color palette, told her the amount of extra fins I wanted and that I wanted a foil monofin, and she did all the rest! And I couldn't be happier with the design she came up with, I couldn't have even come close to the beauty behind her design, which I feel says something because I get paid to draw/paint for people, but I kept drawing blanks when it came to my own design. I'm excited because I'm going to have a completely unique piece of art from Raven once its finished!

Mizuko
12-08-2015, 06:48 PM
^I did the same too- she knew what colours i wanted, how many fins and fluke style, and made her own design and it is incredible!
Today i am at exactly 300 days :) mine is a complicated paint job so I know i'll still be waiting into mid-next year, but I'm perfectly ok with that. Cannot rush art! :D

Vrindavana Starfish
12-08-2015, 07:25 PM
That's basically what I did, I gave her a color palette, told her the amount of extra fins I wanted and that I wanted a foil monofin, and she did all the rest! And I couldn't be happier with the design she came up with, I couldn't have even come close to the beauty behind her design, which I feel says something because I get paid to draw/paint for people, but I kept drawing blanks when it came to my own design. I'm excited because I'm going to have a completely unique piece of art from Raven once its finished!

I'm the same way. I draw and create stuff for others, and I've designed many tails for myself, but none of them feel like "the one" and every one of Ravens feels like that! She's an amazing artist. There were so many typos in my previous post - sorry guys. I know I'm not the only person that will drive nuts.

Mermaid Alea
12-08-2015, 09:33 PM
That just made my day and 100% convinced me to order from Raven, even if I have to wait three years for a tail.

Yes if anything all of that facebook conversation makes me want to go with Merbellas even more. :)

Fun fact: It takes a peacock 3 years to become fully feathered with all of those pretty, long display feathers. Beautiful things take time and patience and they are sooo worth it!

Mermaid Neri Elvina
12-09-2015, 05:36 AM
Who even is this Maya person?? Where do they get off? They actually sound like an angry Mertailor fangirl who just wants to tear down superior tailmakers, lol (I loved your response, Neri!). Literally none of the claims they've made are true.

Raven slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyed with her response. I may have actually cackled at the "If this is terrible customer service then we are not the makers for you and I am okay with that :)" part.

Hehe thanks. All of its true. If I ever had the opportunity to work with Raven... :yay::drool::dance::biting nails::fallover::meditation:

PetLoverSpy
12-09-2015, 09:12 AM
Yes if anything all of that facebook conversation makes me want to go with Merbellas even more. :)

Fun fact: It takes a peacock 3 years to become fully feathered with all of those pretty, long display feathers. Beautiful things take time and patience and they are sooo worth it!

That's a perfect comparison!

Ariel-Starfish
12-10-2015, 01:59 PM
I'm SO glad I held trough and got a chance to order from Raven again! No other tailmaker would do to my standards when it comes to a mermaid tail. And after all thesz years the angler fluke really grows on me. ❤️ I really must admid it's getting hard again now i'm so close. I keep checking my email - u never know if it's an email from Raven xD . BUT I don't send any email out or asking questions! Just paitiently waiting :)

AniaR
12-10-2015, 03:30 PM
the end is always the worst!!!

frozenbutterflywings
12-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Guys!! I got a sketch!! I'm so excited!! There is a few things I wanna change but I'm sooo happy :D

SeaGlass Siren
12-11-2015, 09:44 AM
Two things: Michelle's tail is on fire! :baduntss:
second: someone call 911, Maya just got :what's the word?: BURRRRRNED!!!!

Aurellia Gyldenscale
12-11-2015, 04:09 PM
been busy with school so I haven't been able to post...but the new gold/teal/blue one is mine! I'm keeping quite about it on my FB page so I can make a big to-do about releasing it on XMAS, but you all are like fam here so I can pre-celebrate a bit with you all.

ITS IN THE MAIL! =D

Here are a couple more pics of the back and top that weren't on the merbella page. :)

<3 Aurellia

PetLoverSpy
12-11-2015, 04:23 PM
It's gorgeous!! 8D I can't decide which I love more, the top or the tail. And it's great to see another example of the Merbellas scales!

introverting
12-11-2015, 04:27 PM
been busy with school so I haven't been able to post...but the new gold/teal/blue one is mine! I'm keeping quite about it on my FB page so I can make a big to-do about releasing it on XMAS, but you all are like fam here so I can pre-celebrate a bit with you all.

ITS IN THE MAIL! =D

Here are a couple more pics of the back and top that weren't on the merbella page. :)

<3 Aurellia

omg do an unboxing video!! and it's absolutely beautiful, I love the siren top :)

Madison MerFaerie
12-11-2015, 05:30 PM
Aurelia, I am OBSESSED with that fluke!!! Those little spots are amazing!!!

Luna Dreamtide
12-11-2015, 06:19 PM
Wow Aurellia it's gorgeous! I do hope you'll do an unboxing video! The patterns are so pretty and I love the spotty fluke!

Mermaid Wesley
12-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Oooh Aurelia I love it I'm so excited for it to get to you

Spindrift
12-11-2015, 11:23 PM
This is going to look so great on you!!

Ariel-Starfish
12-12-2015, 02:32 AM
Sooooo pretty! I think this design is simple, but unique! The color combo makes the scales pop out so pretty! ��❤️
Thank you for sharing your pictures with us! And don't forget to make an unboxing video! :cheerleader:

Luna Dreamtide
12-12-2015, 03:04 AM
Aurelia, I am OBSESSED with that fluke!!! Those little spots are amazing!!!
Anymer know what fluke that is? It looks like a revamped classic Merbella shape.

Spindrift
12-12-2015, 03:35 AM
Anymer know what fluke that is? It looks like a revamped classic Merbella shape.

I just thought it was the classic. :\ My tail's fluke shape looks like that.

Mer-Crazy
12-12-2015, 04:58 AM
It's the revamped Merbella fluke, I asked about it last time I spoke to her. Same basic look and feel, just newer to reflect her progress as an artist and better skills.
Here's the original fluke on one of her earliest tails:

And Aurelia's Fluke:

Mermaid Lily_Pad
12-12-2015, 07:56 AM
I'm curious, if you do a more basic design, like her classic, do you have to wait as long to get your tail? The classic is my dream tail. I love it, but waiting years to get it would be difficult. I'm almost 40, have a chronic illness that may make mermaiding impossible in a few years. I'm just wondering if a Merbella dream is feasible for me.

Starfrit
12-12-2015, 09:02 AM
You know, there is one thing I've always wondered about...

What would Raven's thoughts be on doing a smooth-skinned/scaleless tail? If I were to ever get the money for a second Merbella tail (the first tail would be my Mersona, of course), I'd love to get a tail based off an orca. But... Orcas don't have scales, soooo. :I

I've only seen one other major tailmaker make an orca tail, and that was MerTailor... And I really didn't like how he painted that one.

Mermaid Neri Elvina
12-12-2015, 09:04 AM

What would Raven's thoughts be on doing a smooth-skinned/scaleless tail? If I were to ever get the money for a second Merbella tail (the first tail would be my Mersona, of course), I'd love to get a tail based off an orca. But... Orcas don't have scales, soooo. :I

I've only seen one other major tailmaker make an orca tail, and that was MerTailor... And I really didn't like how he painted that one.
That would be interesting to make for sure!

introverting
12-12-2015, 11:19 AM
I'm curious, if you do a more basic design, like her classic, do you have to wait as long to get your tail? The classic is my dream tail. I love it, but waiting years to get it would be difficult. I'm almost 40, have a chronic illness that may make mermaiding impossible in a few years. I'm just wondering if a Merbella dream is feasible for me.

I was thinking the same thing! Like if I were to order a tail with a simpler design, would it take less time? I think Raina mentioned something, saying if Raven wasn't so flooded, she'd be able to finish a simple tail in a few weeks. I also wonder how many orders she takes at a time.

AniaR
12-12-2015, 11:51 AM
she doesnt really officially offer "basic" tails anymore if you mean her older ones that are like my franken tail. (I only got that one because it was a bunch of recycled pieces left over).

But if you mean basic as in terms of simple paint jobs and no extra fins etc she doesnt really take on projects like that if given the chance between that and a more elaborate tail. Like she said in her rant, she could be churning out simple tails if she wanted to make money. Now that's not to say she WONT do a simpler tail. You still get put into the bottom of the queue though. It's just that by the time she gets to your tail the actual assembly process likely wouldnt take as long.

AniaR
12-12-2015, 11:53 AM
I think she's probably have no issue doing that, in my opinion. It's just it would need totally new sets of molds

Mermaid Lily_Pad
12-12-2015, 12:42 PM
I was talking basic like Aurillias tail. I love that fluke!

Mermaid Lily_Pad
12-12-2015, 12:43 PM
Like the one Mutiny threw over my legs when you visited.

AniaR
12-12-2015, 05:04 PM
yeah that one is a super old tail she remade, but still had fins and a dorsal . I don't think Raven would consider Aurillas tail basic ;) cuz of the paint job haha. BUt really like I said, I don't think it makes THAT big of a difference. you just save time on not having an elaborate paint scheme, or extra fins etc

Mermaid Lily_Pad
12-12-2015, 06:44 PM
*laughs* no definitely not in the pain job, it is gorgeous. I just love th fluke, I'm such an old fashioned kind of girl. I have always like the big fishy fluke.

Spindrift
12-13-2015, 05:40 AM

Latexmans would be able to do it. He already made a super realistic orca prop that is life sized.

Sitre Seer Moroaica
12-13-2015, 06:03 AM
Gosh...all these beautiful tails coming in my sight *.*
I can't wait to receive mine and I'm definitely excited to hear from Raven when she starts mine. I'm at 10 months once it becomes December 23rd. Still waiting patiently of course. Cant force the greatest artist ever for Mermaids haha but boy am I excited :3

Sitre Seer Moroaica
12-13-2015, 06:18 AM
I am really nervous about my tail fitting me though :/
I wish Raven could have measured me herself as I'm scared that there may be some in accuracy :( But I really, really hope not.

AniaR
12-13-2015, 10:46 AM
I think everyone gets nervous about measurements!

PetLoverSpy
12-13-2015, 11:02 AM
Yeah, if she accepts my order I'm hoping I could fly over and schedule a measuring with her. If only!

PearlieMae
12-13-2015, 11:46 AM
I think to make it look like a smooth, fish body, you would have to cast a mold of the particular mer's bottom half, cast it, sculpt the tail body over the top (like Latexman's, or other special effects artists), make a mold of that, and make a huge two or three part mold with the original leg sculpt inside. The silicone would fill in all the spaces between the legs to make a smooth tail. Robert Short did this for Darryl Hannah's Splash tails, with the inner 'padding' being a honeycomb shaped material so that it would 'crush' around her bones as she moved and keep the smooth appearance on the outside. But he used urethane rubber, not silicone.

You'd probably have to include a closure like a zipper because the tail would be so form fitting, and probably would not be safe to swim in without a safety crew.

If you were to make a typical silicone tail without scales and without inner foundation structure, it would end up looking like a thick fabric tail.

But that's just my opinion. It's doable, but I wouldn't make one for under ten grand.

AniaR
12-13-2015, 12:07 PM
my Jesse tail didnt have much in the way of scales and it was so thick

Princess Pearl
12-13-2015, 02:23 PM
Isn't juku's tail smooth?

Sitre Seer Moroaica
12-13-2015, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't be surprised but I'm hoping if there are some measurement mistakes I'm hoping it'll be bigger so it'll be easier to fix lol

Spindrift
12-13-2015, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't be surprised but I'm hoping if there are some measurement mistakes I'm hoping it'll be bigger so it'll be easier to fix lol

For me I just know my weight fluctuates. :(

Sitre Seer Moroaica
12-14-2015, 01:57 AM
I'm the same way Spindrift lol

Felicia
12-14-2015, 02:38 AM
I got an update! She's finishing building up my tail and should start painting in the next few weeks!

Spindrift
12-14-2015, 03:34 AM
Yay!!

Ariel-Starfish
12-14-2015, 06:59 AM
So happy to hear that! :)

PetLoverSpy
12-14-2015, 07:40 AM
Yay, that's so exciting!!

Mermaid Wesley
12-14-2015, 03:14 PM
Yay! You guys have me thinking about my plan for a dolphin tail again >:( stop that! I have no money! Lol

PetLoverSpy
12-15-2015, 12:02 PM
I'm drafting my email to Merbellas so I have that ready, but I'm wondering ... is there such a thing as too much information? After a short summary (I feel like I'm writing a business proposal xD) it includes five paragraphs about the details I'm set on and like fifteen inspiration pictures. Am I overdoing it or is this exactly what Raven wants?

Mermaid Alea
12-15-2015, 02:00 PM
I can't say for sure PetLoverSpy, but eventually you would have to talk more about your inspiration and ideas anyways, so giving it to her from the beginning is probably very helpful. Especially because it is all in one email. That is just my thought though. ;)

I would be doing the same thing as you showing tons of images and talking about all sorts of details because that is just how I am lol.

Mer-Crazy
12-15-2015, 04:35 PM
That is probably the best way to do it no-a-days, since Raven has told me if she sees a design she really likes when people send her inquiries about orders she's a lot more likely to take that order. Plus, as Alea said it saves you having to sort all this stuff out later (like a certain mermaid who is so indecisive she's STILL working on her design after like 16 months haha) (it's me)

PetLoverSpy
12-15-2015, 04:43 PM
Good point, thanks both of you! Mer-Crazy: lol xP It happens to the best of us! I'm sure when you do figure it out it's going to be absolute PERFECTION.

Alea: mine's literally the length of an essay now. At least it's clear I know what I want, haha!

Ariel-Starfish
12-16-2015, 06:44 AM
I had a nightmare about my tail: I got a fabric tail instead and was stuffed with plush filling. It was a pain to swim with. I was sooooo dossapointed that I had to wait over a year just for 'that'. Lol

Green Tea Mermaid
12-16-2015, 04:06 PM
Was this fixed??? Cuz I really wanna see how this tail turns out :x

Sorry for not seeing this earlier. To answer your question Spindrift, it's still being worked through. I'll definitely update on here when it's done. ;)

Spindrift
12-16-2015, 07:27 PM
Sorry for not seeing this earlier. To answer your question Spindrift, it's still being worked through. I'll definitely update on here when it's done. ;)

Sounds good :)

Ariel-Starfish
12-17-2015, 01:31 PM
Thinking I'll be hearing from Raven soon! :) Hitting 14,5 months tomorrow. Getting closer! :cool:

Mermaid Strega
12-18-2015, 09:51 AM
Hi all, I'm sure this has been answered a million times so I apologize in advance. What is Merbella's current wait time for them to reply to ready to order emails? I tried reading their FAQ and How to Order page and such, but can't really find anything concrete. Thank you for your patience!

Ariel-Starfish
12-18-2015, 12:33 PM
Hi all, I'm sure this has been answered a million times so I apologize in advance. What is Merbella's current wait time for them to reply to ready to order emails? I tried reading their FAQ and How to Order page and such, but can't really find anything concrete. Thank you for your patience!

I tried for several weeks... It's just pure luck if u get a spot, becouse mostly if they have a spot open, they announce it on their FB page ;)

Mermaid Strega
12-18-2015, 01:35 PM
Gotcha that makes sense. Thank you ^_^

AniaR
12-18-2015, 07:52 PM
Im not sure they ARE taking orders at the moment.

Merbellas arent like other tail makers who just accept every order that come their way. She takes on orders when she has space, and then she usually chats with the mermaid to make sure she is a good fit for them. Some people have inaccurate expectations.

So just sending an email, even if you got money, doesnt guarantee youre going to get an order as soon as one becomes available.

introverting
12-18-2015, 07:57 PM
So what type of mermaid would be a good fit to be a client?

Mer-Crazy
12-18-2015, 09:08 PM
I know she loves people who are patient and don't have a deadline for their tail, are happy to wait and won't send her emails constantly asking for updates. Having a tail design she really likes helps too. Probably giving her a lot of artistic freedom. I know she hates taking rush orders haha.

AniaR
12-19-2015, 08:19 AM
And she doesn't do generic one color tails

Aisling
12-24-2015, 01:36 AM
My tail was sent. x:
I've been refusing to get excited about things until it's here and in my hands (mostly because I've had bad experiences with cross country shipping).
But I'm starting to slip just a little. xD

Mermaid Julianne
12-25-2015, 03:36 AM
My tail was sent. x:
I've been refusing to get excited about things until it's here and in my hands (mostly because I've had bad experiences with cross country shipping).
But I'm starting to slip just a little. xD
Get excited! If not, I'll be excited for you 😃

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

introverting
12-25-2015, 01:10 PM
What would be cool is if they made an h2o inspired tail, and especially the top, I'm sure Raven would be capable of sculpting it :)

MagickalDJ
12-26-2015, 10:09 AM
So I guess I'm going to save my pennies and try for one of Raven's beautiful tails next spring, but does anyone know where I could find a complete list of her flukes and fins so I can start designing? Her Facebook page has only three fluke templates, so I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a master post? I have one in mind already but I want to see it with different flukes!

PetLoverSpy
12-26-2015, 10:48 AM
I couldn't find a proper list, but I can give you links:

Merbella - https://mermaidtailcollection.wordpress.com/category/tailmakers/merbella/fluke-design-merbella/merbella-fluke-design/
Angler - https://mermaidtailcollection.wordpress.com/category/tailmakers/merbella/fluke-design-merbella/angler/
Merfin - https://mermaidtailcollection.wordpress.com/category/tailmakers/merbella/fluke-design-merbella/merfin/
Calypso - https://mermaidtailcollection.wordpress.com/category/tailmakers/merbella/fluke-design-merbella/calypso/
Ariel - https://mermaidtailcollection.wordpress.com/category/tailmakers/merbella/fluke-design-merbella/ariel-fluke-design/
Butterfly Koi - https://mermaidtailcollection.wordpress.com/category/tailmakers/merbella/fluke-design-merbella/butterfly-koi/

These are the ones I've seen pop up multiple times. It's possible that some of these are discontinued — she used to have a She-Creature (similar to the Calypso) but that one isn't available at the moment. This is just a quick list to give you some ideas as to what exists :) As for extra fins, I think they're all unique? I've never seen a template or list of any kind, anyway.

Mer-Crazy
12-26-2015, 04:20 PM
I think I had the closest thing to a complete list I'll chuck it up in a moment when I find (and probably update) the thing.

Mer-Crazy
12-26-2015, 05:56 PM
I'm unsure as to the sale status of the She Creature, since originally it was not offered but I've seen 2 tails made after the original that have gone to clients. I left it off though just in case. Fins are generally a case by case thing, she'll usually pick the best suiting ones unless someone has a definite design in mind but it's hard to make an accurate database of them.

Few notes:
-The original merbella fluke has been replaced with the updated version.
-The Calypso has 2 variations both for sale
-Last I checked merfin was still an option (she still has the mold anyway) it's just not ordered very often
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu20/Midna-Phobia/flukes_zpswaej1iui.jpg

Merman Arion
12-26-2015, 06:03 PM
It's a wonder why we saw so few Ariel flukes :(

For me, it's a wonderful design !

AniaR
12-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Yeah I bought a used she creature from her that's why we have it. I don't think she's making anymore.

There's her mint tail fluke I don't know what she calls it but it is giant!!

Mer-Crazy
12-26-2015, 07:32 PM
Yeah there's also the peacock tail it belongs to someone here but I can't remember how to spell your name I'm sorry! And the new red tail. Including the original that's 3.

Sherielle
12-26-2015, 08:34 PM
Marin had the peacock shrimp tail

Luna Dreamtide
12-26-2015, 08:55 PM

I agree. It's a gorgeous design!

And I thought Raven's mint tail had the Lunar Koi fluke. At least that's what I thought it looked like...

Mer-Crazy
12-26-2015, 08:56 PM
Marin had the peacock shrimp tail
Yeah but that had a calypso fluke. I'm talking about polyhymnia113's (I had to go back ages to find it) just peacock (like the bird) tail.

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu20/Midna-Phobia/7c4028854833a0c874118b999038a5ee_zpsr59gmnkl.jpg

Mer-Crazy
12-26-2015, 08:56 PM
I agree. It's a gorgeous design!

And I thought Raven's mint tail had the Lunar Koi fluke. At least that's what I thought it looked like...
It does. She usually makes a personal tail for herself with a new fluke before she releases it to test it out. I was just trying to find the clearest picture showing each design and I couldn't find any clear shots of the mint tail's fluke.

Ariel-Starfish
12-27-2015, 03:28 AM

As a huge little mermaid fan, It's pretty weird i'd never concitered buying one :p

Luna Dreamtide
12-27-2015, 03:42 AM
As a huge little mermaid fan, It's pretty weird i'd never concitered buying one :p
I guess it just gets forgotten.

PetLoverSpy
12-27-2015, 07:37 AM

Maybe because it seems like it would have inefficient propulsion? I imagine many of us like the strength of our tails — at least I do.

Mermaid Coralia
12-27-2015, 07:49 AM
The lunar koi is my favorite :swoon: Then it's the calypso. They're just so unique and gorgeous

Ariel-Starfish
12-27-2015, 08:31 AM
I'm almost afraid of saying this but; I'm not a fan of the new updated Merbella fluke. I like the depth of the classic one. But I understand why the changes has been made.

Mermaid Wesley
12-27-2015, 04:57 PM
I get what you're saying. I like it because I can see the better sculpting ability. I don't know if I'm a fan of the little tips that flare away, but the improved veining is niiiice.

Luna Dreamtide
12-27-2015, 05:56 PM
I actually love the new version. But I understand what you mean :)

AniaR
12-27-2015, 06:10 PM
I find the original merbella showed the monofin ridges too much. I have two of em!

Ariel-Starfish
12-28-2015, 06:24 AM
Hit 450 days today! :biting nails:

Ariel-Starfish
12-29-2015, 09:49 AM
Having my moment.

AniaR
12-29-2015, 12:41 PM
I just found out Raven and Tyler were both sick with a bad flu over the holidays! So if people didn't hear from them, that's likely why. And also because... it's the holidays! lol

PetLoverSpy
12-29-2015, 01:03 PM
Oh no, that sucks! I hope they get better soon :(

Ashton
12-29-2015, 01:19 PM
it always sucks to be sick around the holidays, Xmas eve I was sick with some weird stomach thing.

Ariel-Starfish
12-29-2015, 01:37 PM
Awwh :( Hope they get better soon! ❤️

AniaR
12-29-2015, 02:20 PM
A shocking amount of people I know were sick. This was the first year in 5 I wasnt!

Starfrit
12-29-2015, 02:31 PM
Seems to be that time of year. Just about everybody I know has had some sort of awful cold or flu in the past month. :( I still have a nasty cough left over from a headcold that knocked me out about two weeks ago.

Merman Arion
12-29-2015, 03:40 PM
I had a nasty cold three weeks ago and an eye infection right before Christmas. I'm all good now and ready for the event :)

Mermaid Julianne
12-29-2015, 07:54 PM
Theres definitely a sickness. Myself and my parents both had some ridiculously painful sore throats, and now we have headcolds.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Aisling
12-31-2015, 05:52 PM
♥ My tail is here.

Mermaid Julianne
12-31-2015, 06:19 PM
YAY! How exciting Aysel! Are you going to do an unboxing video?

Aisling
12-31-2015, 06:21 PM
I have one! I need to touch it up a little because it's in three pieces and crop out some background distractions. xD

Mermaid Julianne
12-31-2015, 06:22 PM
I can't wait to watch it!!! 😁

Mermaid Alea
12-31-2015, 06:41 PM
Me too can't wait! :D

Luna Dreamtide
12-31-2015, 07:30 PM
How exciting! I can't wait to see!

Ariel-Starfish
01-01-2016, 03:34 AM
I have one! I need to touch it up a little because it's in three pieces and crop out some background distractions. xD

SHOW USSSS !! :hail::hail::hail:

PetLoverSpy
01-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Please post it when it's live!! :D I live for unboxing videos these days omg

Adalira
01-02-2016, 04:05 AM
Canīt wait to see your video!

Mermaid Syaira
01-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Pictures?