PDA

View Full Version : Merbellas Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36

Ariel-Starfish
02-13-2016, 03:21 AM
So out of curiosity what have people's production times been recently? Not wait times, but the time from when Raven said were starting your tail to the time she says its posted (or those close to being finished how long that took)? I'm not being impatient I promise I'm just curious as to kind of how long it takes her to actually make a tail (I know it varies greatly because of a number of factors) but I still think the numbers would be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About 8 months for me :)

Ariel-Starfish
02-13-2016, 03:26 AM
3rd post ( Sorry about that - need to work on getting everything in one post lol)

About the merbelle scales, I never been a huge fan of them but now seeing them on more detailed color/designs the scales really pop out more and that is such a good thing. ( I love it) It's nice to see more tails with the merbella scales now.

Little_Orca
02-13-2016, 04:24 AM
I love the merbella scales. I was just worried I'd tear my tail. I do love seeing them, though. :)

Felicia
02-13-2016, 06:00 AM
I am so freakin happy for you!!! The tail looks stunning!! :swoon: What kind of top did u chose to match? ^^

I went with a stylized seaweed top in colors that match the tail!

Little_Orca
02-13-2016, 06:02 AM
I bet that will look fin-tastic together!

Felicia
02-13-2016, 07:08 AM
I bet that will look fin-tastic together!

Thanks! I can't wait to get the whole ensemble together and see how it all looks!

Ariel-Starfish
02-13-2016, 08:22 AM
Is these your final picture? I got pictures when the hip fins still needed to be attached, but it where some quick shot's because I asked for footage. :)

Felicia
02-13-2016, 11:00 AM
Is these your final picture? I got pictures when the hip fins still needed to be attached, but it where some quick shot's because I asked for footage. :)

Yes, this is the finished product! She said she would send a few more picture soon since her camera died while taking the ones she sent though.

Mermaid Danielle
02-13-2016, 11:12 AM
Raven sent me a message today!!! My tail is basically finished and once it dries she will send pictures! Not gunna lie, I'll probably cry like a baby from joy once it's here!

I am happy for you Felicia!

Ariel-Starfish
02-13-2016, 02:05 PM
So now I posted a 'full' picture of my tail on FB, I should post it in this tread aswel :3

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/Mermaiding/FEC81615-A1CF-4A11-8B5F-7AC519D09034_zps5sjljfqk.jpg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/Mermaiding/FEC81615-A1CF-4A11-8B5F-7AC519D09034_zps5sjljfqk.jpg.html)

Felicia
02-13-2016, 02:19 PM
So now I posted a 'full' picture of my tail on FB, I should post it in this tread aswel :3

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/Mermaiding/FEC81615-A1CF-4A11-8B5F-7AC519D09034_zps5sjljfqk.jpg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/Mermaiding/FEC81615-A1CF-4A11-8B5F-7AC519D09034_zps5sjljfqk.jpg.html)

Love the colors!

Little_Orca
02-13-2016, 04:17 PM
So pretty, Ariel!

Kait
02-13-2016, 05:14 PM
Aaahhhhh I'm in love, so happy for you!!

Luna Dreamtide
02-13-2016, 06:32 PM
Those ankle fins are so cool!!

Ariel-Starfish
02-14-2016, 11:37 AM
Thanks everyone! :mermaid kiss: It's so exiting!

Felicia
02-14-2016, 07:01 PM
Thanks everyone! :mermaid kiss: It's so exiting!
I wish you lived closer! Our tails are somewhat similar in style so I think a shoot together would be amazing!

Ariel-Starfish
02-15-2016, 02:35 AM
Oh my! That would be so cool! :clap:

Ashton
02-15-2016, 03:47 AM
Soooo..... I guess this is a thing.... Someone is ripping off Raven's designs as well as others.... for trinket purposes...

http://www.latelierdelizzie.com/fr/creations-personnalisables/606-pendentif-queue-de-sirene-personnalisable.html

https://www.facebook.com/latelierdelizzie/

Mer-Crazy
02-15-2016, 03:48 AM
I know!!! I want one but feel morally obligated not to buy one :(

Mermaid Kassandra
02-15-2016, 03:49 AM
I wish you lived closer! Our tails are somewhat similar in style so I think a shoot together would be amazing!

You need to do this 😍😍
You would be the twin sister mermaids ❤
Like the two twin mermaids of the Artic and Antarctic seas from mermaid melody 😁

Ashton
02-15-2016, 03:50 AM
Yeah, they look very well made and cool ... BUT I feel it is not right!

Merman Arion
02-15-2016, 05:38 AM
Girls, that person apparently lives in France. I'm not sure there is something we can do legally about this as Raven and the twins live overseas.

International laws are tricky about copyrights stuff.

I do admit it sucks but I'm afraid there isn't much to do at this point. I told Raina and she told me the same.

LouLouBelle
02-15-2016, 06:07 AM
I just don't understand why, when you're able to make something of that quality, you don't create something of your own... The only reason to offer those specific fluke shapes would be to appeal to people who own those tails, which is stupid when they all know that it's been ripped off. Anyone know if anyone has alerted the tail makers?

Mer-Crazy
02-15-2016, 06:12 AM
I just don't understand why, when you're able to make something of that quality, you don't create something of your own... The only reason to offer those specific fluke shapes would be to appeal to people who own those tails, which is stupid when they all know that it's been ripped off. Anyone know if anyone has alerted the tail makers?
Raven actually saw it when I shared it on my wall and contacted the woman. Originally the listing just had a bunch of stuff about copyright and don't duplicate my work blah blah. She changed it after Raven spoke to her to give credit to Merbellas and Finfolk. She said 'it was taken care of' but I don't know if she's specifically okay with it. So sad. I so want one :/

Ariel-Starfish
02-15-2016, 06:56 AM
I've seen these before. Yeah it's a sad thing about copyright n stuff... I akso secretly want one. Urgh.

You need to do this 
You would be the twin sister mermaids ❤
Like the two twin mermaids of the Artic and Antarctic seas from mermaid melody 

Don't tempt me! �� still saving for Florida and it's like: :money::money::money:

If I would go, my parents would go with me to guide etc. (Can't travel travel alone due dissabillaties) That makes travel costs X 3.

Ok , back to topic now... Hehe

LouLouBelle
02-15-2016, 07:09 AM
It sounds like Raven's being a bit too nice about it - I'd be surprised if she isn't at least slightly annoyed.

At any rate, it's given me an idea. I'm tempted to try something similar with crystal resin... (and no, I will not be copying FinFolk, Merbella or any other tail maker fluke shapes!) I've had the resin for a while and not been sure what to make with it. I'm thinking seashell and starfish necklaces too... With some sparkly colour swirled through the resin... This could be fun!

Winged Mermaid
02-15-2016, 08:43 AM
It sounds like Raven's being a bit too nice about it - I'd be surprised if she isn't at least slightly annoyed.

People rip off Raven's designs ALL. THE. TIME. I swear, it's practically industry standard for people to rip off her designs for tops, accessories, tails, paint designs, ect. She never says anything, even when it's super obvious and people are blatantly copying her. She doesn't want to deal with it. Any time she's tried to call someone out on it in the past, it just blew up in her face and caused her tons of stress. She just wants to make her art! So instead of getting upset and calling people out, she moves on. She is always pushing herself to make something better, and be more innovative. It's frustrating to watch that every time she does, people keep doing it anyways. But she just keeps topping herself, she's unstoppable! It's a wonder to see for sure :)

Mermaid Coralia
02-15-2016, 08:59 AM
I did see those necklaces and I thought they looked familiar. Lol. Seriously sucks that people feel the need to do this, I know raven's fluke shapes are so unique and well..gorgeous that it's hard not to want on for yourself, but come on. I'm in the same boat mer crazy, I really want one but I can't bring myself to buy one knowing she ripped off others work. agh

AniaR
02-15-2016, 12:08 PM
Have you seen that Russian tail makers latest take on Raven's parrotfish revamp? LOL. it IS industry standard to rip Raven off.

frozenbutterflywings
02-15-2016, 12:09 PM
I guess everyone wants to rip her off cause she has the best art in my opinion.

Ariel-Starfish
02-15-2016, 01:10 PM
Have you seen that Russian tail makers latest take on Raven's parrotfish revamp? LOL. it IS industry standard to rip Raven off.

Just went looking for it and.... Wow this is scary!

https://instagram.com/p/BBhmDCXuSA8/

Little_Orca
02-15-2016, 03:37 PM
It's so sad to see others just copy from her. I understand that they are inspired by her, but inspiration should not be direct copying. (*Wink* And before you get on me about my mermaid fluke ATC I made from her tails, I made them for my own collection and then Raven gave me permission to trade or even sell them / copies if I wished.)

As a creative, I understand that it can be difficult to come up with ideas and there is a temptation to just 'steal' from others, but I feel that only reflects poorly on the creative person themselves. There are so many fish in the sea (if you pretend to ignore overfishing) as well as other sea life that there are a ton of tails that you can create! It takes a little bit of brain power and perhaps a hundred sketches, but that is part of the job. What would a mermaid tail look like if it was based on a sea pig? A gulper eel? A sea star? So many interesting and weird things you can come up with and each person's interpretation is going to be different! That is the beauty of it! A sea star tail may have little lumps on it, like small pearls, based on a pacific sea star or maybe they have webbing like a bat star. It just takes some brain power.

Mer-Crazy
02-15-2016, 03:56 PM
I was just thinking about your trading cards the other day. I still love those. I still wanna own a set haha. I know Raven loves those. I remember she told me she wanted to use them for examples of the fluke options at one point.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Starfrit
02-15-2016, 04:26 PM
Just went looking for it and.... Wow this is scary!

https://instagram.com/p/BBhmDCXuSA8/

See, this doesn't even anger me anymore-- it just breaks my heart more than anything. This person is clearly very creative, and does amazing work with prosthetics, props and costume design. What the hell is she doing wasting all of that just blatantly ripping off other peoples' designs? It's a waste of time and talent, and I wish more copycats would see that.

Little_Orca
02-15-2016, 04:27 PM
I still have to figure out how to get copies of them that are true to their colors. My scanner is horrible and taking photos is difficult; even when touching them up in photoshop the colors are not always spot on. I did get a new camera recently and I will have to give that a shot to see if it works. If I does, I will be sure to let you all know. :)

Mermaid Wesley
02-15-2016, 04:37 PM
General ugh

Mer-Crazy
02-15-2016, 04:37 PM
I still have to figure out how to get copies of them that are true to their colors. My scanner is horrible and taking photos is difficult; even when touching them up in photoshop the colors are not always spot on. I did get a new camera recently and I will have to give that a shot to see if it works. If I does, I will be sure to let you all know. :)
I would offer to let you use my scanner if I were close enough :)

Mer-Crazy
02-15-2016, 04:39 PM
Oh look! Images from her sketch book! Is it just me or so they look familiar? :/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBhpYSjOSHB/?taken-by=evartfxstudio

Little_Orca
02-15-2016, 04:44 PM
Oh look! Images from her sketch book! Is it just me or so they look familiar? :/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBhpYSjOSHB/?taken-by=evartfxstudio

Things like this is why I don't share my tail design sketches under the thread on this forum. I considered it, but then I thought that something like this would happen. I know, though, it wont stop anyone who is determined; they will sketch from live tails.

AniaR
02-15-2016, 05:05 PM
she has me blocked haha so none of these links work for me

Mermaid Momo
02-15-2016, 05:11 PM
she has me blocked haha so none of these links work for me
Let me see if I can screen shot them. I was about to block her because she's been mass liking a bunch of my mermaid stuff like my top and my tail sketch

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Mermaid Julianne
02-15-2016, 05:13 PM
Already on it lol http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160215/0557ed4fc23316066f469e352fc21e05.jpg http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160215/a56bfaac4719ab456f4f4ae0bd28cd15.jpg

Mermaid Momo
02-15-2016, 05:13 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160215/17c77226099f7f3a8e0423d6082aa57f.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160215/36c54adf62d117ad1ec8466bb06ce20e.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Madison MerFaerie
02-15-2016, 05:26 PM
Is this girl for real? This is just so wrong.

Mermaid Julianne
02-15-2016, 05:27 PM
Yeah shes been doing it for a while. And it sucks not only because shes stealing, but because its clear she has actual talent.

frozenbutterflywings
02-15-2016, 05:30 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160215/352d11f9a8aef7521deec1774febe4dd.jpg
This looks familiar too

AniaR
02-15-2016, 05:34 PM
https://media.riffsy.com/images/aeeb58804bba6758e2e213f1b732066a/raw

Raven has always set the standard with tails, tops, accessories, and performing TBH. People wonder why she's not involved in the community and this is why. Anytime she's tries to collaborate people have stabbed her in the back too. I admit it's why I get so defensive of her. I know so many terrible things but she doesn't want me to say them all she'd rather just focus on the future and keep innovating but boy it makes me mad!!!

frozenbutterflywings
02-15-2016, 05:38 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160215/30f7f186b22f7867ac2e8b5db62d3327.jpg
I think this picture makes me crazy the most. Since it's exactly like raven's design down to the color and size of hip find and all. It sucks about stealing designs and all but on the plus size it could be flattering that they liked it so much. That Doesn't make it right though :( poor Raven I'm glad she still keeps her head up high. She's great!

Little_Orca
02-15-2016, 06:02 PM
Ug, I feel for her. (Raven that is)

Luna Dreamtide
02-15-2016, 06:36 PM
https://media.riffsy.com/images/aeeb58804bba6758e2e213f1b732066a/raw

Raven has always set the standard with tails, tops, accessories, and performing TBH. People wonder why she's not involved in the community and this is why. Anytime she's tries to collaborate people have stabbed her in the back too. I admit it's why I get so defensive of her. I know so many terrible things but she doesn't want me to say them all she'd rather just focus on the future and keep innovating but boy it makes me mad!!!
That's really so sad...

Kait
02-15-2016, 06:55 PM
That's really so sad...

Agreed...Every time I see things like this happen I lose a little bit more faith in humanity :sad eyes:

Luna Dreamtide
02-16-2016, 12:46 AM
Agreed...Every time I see things like this happen I lose a little bit more faith in humanity :sad eyes:
Or mermanity..... Sorry I saw it and had too ;)

Little_Orca
02-16-2016, 01:13 AM
Whale, whale, whale... I sea what you did there. Couldn't kelp it, huh? Dolphinately couldn't kelp yourself. We all just betta get used to the aquapuns. <3

Felicia
02-16-2016, 01:24 AM
Whale, whale, whale... I sea what you did there. Couldn't kelp it, huh? Dolphinately couldn't kelp yourself. We all just betta get used to the aquapuns. <3

seriously just turned my day from "fuck all of this shit" to you just made my day lol

Little_Orca
02-16-2016, 01:34 AM
Haha! I got more, I just need the right times to use them.

Luna Dreamtide
02-16-2016, 04:46 AM
:lol:

Kait
02-16-2016, 05:03 AM
Lol this is perfect!! Yes yes my mistake [emoji23]

HamptonsMermaid
02-16-2016, 06:49 AM
Think of any top designer in fashion and they all have rip offs! H&M is even a fully legal business that regularly copies runway designs to and sells them for way less. It's just part of the industry, so at this point she can just take it as a compliment. I'm sure some artists (not tail makers, but the ones making jewelry like pictured) just google "real mermaid" and they see all the best tail makers's photos and so they use those images when designing their work. I don't think everyone realizes that these tails are such unique works of art that are so closely linked to the original artist, and that certain fluke designs are "signature." I know I didn't really think about it much before I really started learning about mermaiding and Tailmaking.

What Raven should do is take a hint from this artist and start selling her own miniatures and jewelry. I'm sure for every customer who orders one of her tails, there are hundreds of customers who can't afford a tail but who would pay for something small that makes them think of their dream tail. People want to support her art but only so many people can buy tails. PearlieMae sells her key chain tails and Theobromine sells her mini sea creatures. Even in crowd funding, the majority of money pledged to successful campaigns is from small items under $20.

AniaR
02-16-2016, 07:28 AM
She does do that. Lol. * has a miniature*

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Ariel-Starfish
02-16-2016, 10:45 AM
She does do that. Lol. * has a miniature*

Yes, but she only makes them as gifts. I got one with my Ariel top. 💜

When I placed my order on my current tail, I asked for a tail necklace in the same design as my tail, but Raven told me it was only an *extra* as gift.

AniaR
02-16-2016, 10:51 AM
yeah same with the head dresses and jewelry usually. Raven just doesnt have time to do much else other than tails. If people want more items, it means longer waits for tails. However several times a year she does sell a bunch of premade items.

PearlieMae
02-16-2016, 12:26 PM
There simply isn't enough time in the day to make all the things!!! Especially with commissions waiting to be made. I feel for Raven, she's so talented and absolutely the paramount of tailmakers! Unfortunately, tails are technically seen as 'articles of clothing' (there's been this discussion elsewhere, before) and are subject to copyright laws pertaining to fashion. Not a lot you can do about people making other things based on your creations, either, like the tail necklaces that are obvious copies. If the tails were considered 'characters', you might have a better chance of stopping the rip-offs (i.e. Disney issues licenses for toy manufacturers to design and market their characters for production, in return for a share of the profits, and will come after you hard with an army of lawyers to stop you if you aren't properly licensed. You can't even legally perform as a Disney character without possibly incurring the wrath of the Disney legal department, so all you red-headed, green-tailed Ariels keep an eye out for Cease and Desist notices!).

People rip off Raven's designs ALL. THE. TIME. I swear, it's practically industry standard for people to rip off her designs for tops, accessories, tails, paint designs, ect. She never says anything, even when it's super obvious and people are blatantly copying her. She doesn't want to deal with it. Any time she's tried to call someone out on it in the past, it just blew up in her face and caused her tons of stress. She just wants to make her art! So instead of getting upset and calling people out, she moves on. She is always pushing herself to make something better, and be more innovative. It's frustrating to watch that every time she does, people keep doing it anyways. But she just keeps topping herself, she's unstoppable! It's a wonder to see for sure :)

It's really annoying when this happens to anyone, not just Raven. Especially when it's paraded in front of everyone like 'Look what I made!' when everyone knows it 'Look what I copied!'

Hydra1337
02-16-2016, 12:40 PM
It's definitely a sad but true fact tail makers (even artists in general) put up with. :(

PearlieMae
02-16-2016, 01:06 PM
Everything original gets copied if it has any worth.

HamptonsMermaid
02-16-2016, 01:25 PM
I guess one helpful thing would be if the copycat jewelry artist would at least put Raven/Finfolk's name/link (and a not officially endorsed by disclaimer) with the items inspired by them. Then at least it's funneling some traffic to the original artist.

But in the end it seems that demand for Raven's art is so high, that little knick knack knock offs, and even knock off tails, have hardly any effect on business. It sounds like she's taking it very well, and has learned it's not worth it to stress about and go after these people. All the better for her! Who wants to constantly be entangled in copyright lawsuits?! That stuff suuuucks and it's a total creativity buzz kill for artists. Artists need to keep their heads in the clouds with the rainbows!

PearlieMae
02-16-2016, 01:49 PM
I guess one helpful thing would be if the copycat jewelry artist would at least put Raven/Finfolk's name/link (and a not officially endorsed by disclaimer) with the items inspired by them. Then at least it's funneling some traffic to the original artist.

But in the end it seems that demand for Raven's art is so high, that little knick knack knock offs, and even knock off tails, have hardly any effect on business. It sounds like she's taking it very well, and has learned it's not worth it to stress about and go after these people. All the better for her! Who wants to constantly be entangled in copyright lawsuits?! That stuff suuuucks and it's a total creativity buzz kill for artists. Artists need to keep their heads in the clouds with the rainbows!

And lawyers/litigation are very expensive and time consuming.

It's been my experience that most artists keep their heads in dark, scary places...hardly any rainbows at all, unless they are ironic. :rollover:

Ariel-Starfish
02-16-2016, 01:52 PM
*swims to the shore* 'I hit the 500 days mark! ;)" *does a backflip and dissapears in the water* :shark:

Little_Orca
02-16-2016, 03:29 PM
WHAT HAPPENED? WHERE IS THE TAIL?!

Oh... sorry... I saw Ariel post and I got excited.

*Rubs the back of her neck sheepishly.*

I'm sure that doesn't happen to anyone else at all.

Mer-Crazy
02-16-2016, 03:42 PM
Haha. I know. I get the same and then it's like nup and its just aww :(

Little_Orca
02-16-2016, 05:09 PM
Right?

WHAT DO WE WANT?!

TAILS!!!

WHEN DO WE WANT THEM?!

NOW! (But we can wait because we love Raven and respect her creative process and the time it takes to form the tails, we will just squawk like little hen-fish in the mean time.)

Kait
02-16-2016, 05:32 PM
Right?

WHAT DO WE WANT?!

TAILS!!!

WHEN DO WE WANT THEM?!

NOW! (But we can wait because we love Raven and respect her creative process and the time it takes to form the tails, we will just squawk like little hen-fish in the mean time.)

Haha so true

frozenbutterflywings
02-16-2016, 05:35 PM
Right?

WHAT DO WE WANT?!

TAILS!!!

WHEN DO WE WANT THEM?!

XD I loved this so true lol

Mer-Crazy
02-16-2016, 07:20 PM
Right?

WHAT DO WE WANT?!

TAILS!!!

WHEN DO WE WANT THEM?!

This is the essence of this thread haha. I love you <3

Ashton
02-16-2016, 08:58 PM
yep her work is worth the wait!

Ariel-Starfish
02-17-2016, 02:30 AM
Right?

WHAT DO WE WANT?!

TAILS!!!

WHEN DO WE WANT THEM?!

This 😁

Little_Orca
02-17-2016, 02:47 AM
Tee hee

Mermaid Coralia
02-17-2016, 07:11 AM
Lol, sqwauk like little hen~fish. I could imagine mermaids in a group going "mine". like the gulls in finding nemo :lol:

Little_Orca
02-17-2016, 03:07 PM
Lol, that. ^

Mermaid Iridessa
02-18-2016, 08:38 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie on the mernetwork (officially), but i was reading the forums, especially this one, before i created an account. Anyways, I'm planning to order sometime this year a tail from raven and i have my heart set on the she creature fluke. even if it isnt a permanent thing, im ready to pay for it as a "custom". so here's the thing: i can't find an outline of the Merbella "she creature" tail/fluke... i want that fluke but i cant find an outline of it anywhere so i could design the color scheme over it :( it's so beautiful. does anybody know where i can find it? or if someone can even make an outline of it?

Mer-Crazy
02-18-2016, 09:10 PM
They don't offer the she creature fluke as an option officially. So I wouldn't get my hopes up about getting one. I know last time I spoke to them Tyler said he'd finally finished making all the fluke shapes in Photoshop for when people design their tails. I'll make sure to remind them about posting them next time we talk though. But yeah I believe 'officially' they don't offer the she creature fluke but unofficially it has gone into at least 2 client's tails that I've seen apart from the original she creature tail. So it won't be a certain thing if you ask that they'll say yes.

Mermaid Iridessa
02-18-2016, 09:14 PM
aww, it's so beautiful though..it should be permanent/official. But it would be good to see the updated outlines of the tails and flukes. but do you think that since they do offer custom flukes that they charge extra for, they might accept/consider mine as custom? i figured since any custom design would need an entire new mold made especially for it, it shouldn't be a problem if i was going for the she creature.. but ill try and consider other options for a fluke

AniaR
02-18-2016, 11:11 PM
we only got it because we bought it used from her but I gotta say we barely use it because the fluke is massive, very floaty, no kick, and half my girls drown when they put it on. I really wouldnt recommend it to anyone who isn't already skilled honestly. It's too heavy for most photoshoots for us takes a team of at least 2 to help move a mermaid and get her situated when she wears it. It also takes up a huge amount of space in the pools when we do parties, you cant fin slap it or lift it.

Don't get me wrong, I love it and it's a special tail. One of my favs honestly. It's just not practical for a lot of things. For us it's good because it's not a MAIN tail we use it as a back up or extra.

It's easier to model in the water with it and take photos above. Because it floats so well.

Here's a video of me taking photos of Iona in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjofSU_6Mls

here's behind the scenes of me doing an underwater photoshoot with it and you can see how floaty it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OheSjVEOw1c

Mermaid Keena
02-19-2016, 01:17 AM
You just POP right back up to the surface hehe!! Very pretty!

Sent from my 5017A using Tapatalk

Mermaid Iridessa
02-19-2016, 01:26 AM
I actually LOVE the massive look, but its a bummer when it comes to functionality, I guess. I would probably be swimming in our pool most of the time. Yyou look really beautiful in it, Raina. The flow is really something I haven't seen in other tails.. guess we can't get everything we want in one, right? Give up some to get some..but nonetheless, it is one of the most aesthetically beautiful designs by far:swoon:.
really appreciate your input. very informative.:)
I'll have to really think about this..

Madison MerFaerie
02-19-2016, 01:28 AM
Dearest Mer-friends,

I've been keeping this mostly secret, and now I'm so happy to share my news! I'm officially a part of the Merbella family!!! I'm so thankful to Raven for putting this masterpiece up for sale a couple months ago!

https://youtu.be/EuwexjbqqsE

Mermaid Iridessa
02-19-2016, 01:41 AM
Dearest Mer-friends,

I've been keeping this mostly secret, and now I'm so happy to share my news! I'm officially a part of the Merbella family!!! I'm so thankful to Raven for putting this masterpiece up for sale a couple months ago!

:jawdrop: OMG :jawdrop:

I love that tail <3 it looks SO GOOD on you! those are my favorite colors too :D so happy for you that you look happy :) really suits you, so do the "seaweed boobs";)

have fun in your new tail, Madison MerFaerie

p.s. you didn't get the scale heart?

Felicia
02-19-2016, 02:08 AM
Oh my glob! Its beautiful Madison! I'm alittle jelly because I really wanted that tail but it seemed a bit greedy to get a new merbella tail before my first one showed up lol also I love that you said seaweed boobs :P

Little_Orca
02-19-2016, 03:17 AM
Woo! Congrats Madison. :D That is going to look so great on you!

Winged Mermaid
02-19-2016, 04:15 AM
Dearest Mer-friends,

Ahhh it looks so beautiful on you, and you are so lovely! :D And you are ADORBZ by the way ;) Congratulations on your new tail!

Spindrift
02-19-2016, 05:28 AM
Dearest Mer-friends,

That color fits you perfectly! SO happy you got the tail! :)

Luna Dreamtide
02-19-2016, 06:40 AM
I agree with Spindrift - that colour suits you so well!! Congrats on your new tail!

LouLouBelle
02-19-2016, 08:39 AM
^ what they all said! That tail is gorgeous and really does suit you. I love the added gold! I'd love to see videos or photos of it in action.

Mermaid Iridessa
02-19-2016, 10:46 AM
we only got it because we bought it used from her but I gotta say we barely use it because the fluke is massive, very floaty, no kick, and half my girls drown when they put it on. I really wouldnt recommend it to anyone who isn't already skilled honestly. It's too heavy for most photoshoots for us takes a team of at least 2 to help move a mermaid and get her situated when she wears it. It also takes up a huge amount of space in the pools when we do parties, you cant fin slap it or lift it.

Don't get me wrong, I love it and it's a special tail. One of my favs honestly. It's just not practical for a lot of things. For us it's good because it's not a MAIN tail we use it as a back up or extra.

It's easier to model in the water with it and take photos above. Because it floats so well.

here's behind the scenes of me doing an underwater photoshoot with it and you can see how floaty it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OheSjVEOw1c

I was wondering, have you tried weight belts to counteract the float? would that work?

Ariel-Starfish
02-19-2016, 10:49 AM
Omg u got the tail?! :jawdrop: Woa congrats! I really enjoyed watching this unboxkng video - the colors look great on u by the way.

AniaR
02-19-2016, 10:56 AM
:jawdrop: OMG :jawdrop:

I love that tail <3 it looks SO GOOD on you! those are my favorite colors too :D so happy for you that you look happy :) really suits you, so do the "seaweed boobs";)

have fun in your new tail, Madison MerFaerie

p.s. you didn't get the scale heart?
She doesn't always give scale hearts and this was bought used. Shouldn't assume gifts/freebies ;) Raven gives them out occasionally under specific circumstances

AniaR
02-19-2016, 10:57 AM
I was wondering, have you tried weight belts to counteract the float? would that work?
Yup. 60lbs didn't do it. This is a floaty tail, plus I float, plus salt water

Mermaid Iridessa
ooh i didnt know it was a gift. Imean, i know you dont pay for it but somehow i assumed it as a "signature" sort of thing. it's cute though

AniaR
You look amazing Madison!!

Mermaid Iridessa
02-19-2016, 11:01 AM

oh my!! 60?? hah, and here i was thinking maybe 10 would do it (as a guess, i haven't tried weights before). That's a bummer! On the bright side, pervents you from drowning

Seraphina Suds
02-19-2016, 11:03 AM
Dearest Mer-friends,

You're so charming!! That video was adorable and the tail suits you perfectly! Congrats!! (Also your house is lovely lol)

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Green Tea Mermaid
02-19-2016, 01:11 PM
Dearest Mer-friends,

Congratulations Madison! This tail looks amazing on you and you are beyond adorable. I love how you kept singing your words in all the excitement!

Mermaid Andrina
02-19-2016, 03:07 PM
Dearest Mer-friends,

It looks amazing on you! You are so lucky to have scooped it up!

Little_Orca
02-19-2016, 03:37 PM
I love how Iona looks in that gold Sea Creature tail. It reminds me a lot of a pencil piece that I saw years ago when the internet was still young... *gets out her cane and shakes it a few times.*

Little_Orca
02-19-2016, 03:38 PM
Woot, it's still online:

http://mernetwork.com/index/attachment.php?attachmentid=35751&stc=1 http://mernetwork.com/index/attachment.php?attachmentid=35752&stc=1

Pencil art by Jack Henslee. Most of his art is women and fantasy, and most of them are not as safe for the forum as this without putting up a warning for the childrens. ;)

Little_Orca
02-19-2016, 03:50 PM
That whole double image post thing is so weird... as I post a third time to express that. XD

Vrindavana Starfish
02-19-2016, 04:23 PM
Madison, that tail looks perfect on you! Congrats! And i love your demon cat :P

Mermaid Iridessa
02-19-2016, 09:22 PM

Sorry if i'm asking at the wrong place, but i can't seem to find a message option to send things directly, but you are the most experienced and informative person when it comes to tails. How would the she creature compare to the Kai fluke (not sure if that's the name of your newest orange/black tail)? they seem to flow and move in the water pretty similarly, so i was wondering how are the kick and float factors similar/different.

Just trying to gather as much info so i can make the best choice for something that'll probably cost me around 3000 USD...but sooo worth it!

Thanks again :)

Madison MerFaerie
02-19-2016, 09:38 PM
Thank you all for your sweet comments!

And yes, my little kitty is quite the ham...And the naughtiest creature I've ever met! He's lucky he's so darn cute!

Winged Mermaid
02-19-2016, 10:39 PM

I had no idea this video existed! Gosh, I fidget a lot hu? :P

Mer-Crazy
02-19-2016, 11:05 PM
Sorry if i'm asking at the wrong place, but i can't seem to find a message option to send things directly, but you are the most experienced and informative person when it comes to tails. How would the she creature compare to the Kai fluke (not sure if that's the name of your newest orange/black tail)? they seem to flow and move in the water pretty similarly, so i was wondering how are the kick and float factors similar/different.

Just trying to gather as much info so i can make the best choice for something that'll probably cost me around 3000 USD...but sooo worth it!

Thanks again :)

The calypso fluke is what Raina has on her newest tail. I'd assume they would be fairly similar, though she creature looks a smidge bigger. But since they both have foil monofins the kick is less than fantastic. It's fine for pool and party work but if you're looking at open ocean or anywhere with a current then you'd want the competitor, which makes it less floaty/ flowy/ heavy.

Mermaid Iridessa
02-19-2016, 11:40 PM
Ah ok! Maybe I can ask Raven to replace/upgrade the monfin but maintain the she creature design.. Im not an ocean swimmer but i like some speed as well as the flowy look of a mermaid tail. Not sure if one exists, but maybe a monofin that is slightly more rigid than the foil but not as stiff as the competitor? So as to not completely sacrifice the flowy look but to have a bit more speed...

Boy, am I picky..

Ariel-Starfish
02-20-2016, 02:00 AM
Ah ok! Maybe I can ask Raven to replace/upgrade the monfin but maintain the she creature design.. Im not an ocean swimmer but i like some speed as well as the flowy look of a mermaid tail. Not sure if one exists, but maybe a monofin that is slightly more rigid than the foil but not as stiff as the competitor? So as to not completely sacrifice the flowy look but to have a bit more speed...

Boy, am I picky..

i originally asked for a rapid in my angel fluke (streinght but stil a bit flowly) and they did not offer that. So i had to pick the foil.

Good luck on asking for altering stuff etc. But I personaly think u are gonna have to choose between a cometitor and a foil.

Mer-Crazy
02-20-2016, 04:10 AM
i originally asked for a rapid in my angel fluke (streinght but stil a bit flowly) and they did not offer that. So i had to pick the foil.

Good luck on asking for altering stuff etc. But I personaly think u are gonna have to choose between a cometitor and a foil.
A Rapid is a bad choice for monofin in a silicone tail anyway because of how easily the clips can come off/ the straps can break/ they're kind of bulky. A shooter or trainer 1 or 2 are a more sensible choice. But I totally respect if Raven doesn't want to use other monofins in her tails. I mean she'd have to make prototypes and make sure they lasted in tails before offering them confidently.

Mermaid Iridessa
02-20-2016, 06:42 AM
I had a look at photos of the shooter monofin next to the competitor and they seem to almost be the same but different in size. Correct me if im wrong, but judging by the pictures, the shooter looks to be more rigid than the foil becaue it is pretty wide and shorter...so a better kick? maybe that's the "middle" monofin between the foil and competitor in terms of rigidity/kick..

and judging by this video, the options im looking at are the shooter or trainer 1 or the wave (like you said, Mer-carzy)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m3UIlNitRc

Winged Mermaid
02-20-2016, 07:15 AM
Yes, essentially it's the middle ground. You get more kick than the foil, but you get more flow/floppiness in the fluke than the competitor.

Mermaid Iridessa
02-20-2016, 07:20 AM
Yes, essentially it's the middle ground. You get more kick than the foil, but you get more flow/floppiness in the fluke than the competitor.

So out of the wave, shooter and trainer 1, the shooter would be best in keeping flowiness and slightly more kick?

Mermaid Iridessa
02-20-2016, 07:23 AM
Thank you so much everyone for your input!!! really appreciate it :D

AniaR
02-20-2016, 07:38 AM
The calypso fluke is what Raina has on her newest tail. I'd assume they would be fairly similar, though she creature looks a smidge bigger. But since they both have foil monofins the kick is less than fantastic. It's fine for pool and party work but if you're looking at open ocean or anywhere with a current then you'd want the competitor, which makes it less floaty/ flowy/ heavy.

The she creature is a lot bigger lol. It was her biggest til she made the green one.

Kick is better with my orange one but still same issues. In videos of me with other mers you can see how it floats up behind me while competitors get more parallel.

AniaR
02-20-2016, 07:39 AM

She can cut down a competitor so you get stiffness and some flow

frozenbutterflywings
02-20-2016, 07:40 AM
Do all calypso flukes come with a competitor monofin?

Ariel-Starfish
02-20-2016, 11:12 AM
She can cut down a competitor so you get stiffness and some flow

Well I can't change now - my tail is nearly completed - hehe ;)

The competitor was heavy for me (going in and out the water, fluke lifting) so I picked the foil instead for this time being. :) i hope this one will spare my feet from foot cramps! Lol or just not that worse. :p

Mer-Crazy
02-20-2016, 01:34 PM
Yeah all Raven's tails come with competitor monofins unless you specifically ask for a foil.

Also Ariel I hope the foil works out for you but from what I've heard flukes are always heavier with a foil since there is more silicone.

frozenbutterflywings
02-20-2016, 01:35 PM
Thanks Mer-Crazy I thought so

AniaR
02-20-2016, 02:55 PM
Do all calypso flukes come with a competitor monofin?

No. Mine Is a foil. You can get whatever monofin in whatever fluke you want within their options

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Merley
02-20-2016, 07:04 PM
Just gonna interject here, I love the competitor in my tail. I mostly use it for ocean swimming and it cuts through some rough waters like nothing. So in the pool it's even faster and more effective. As much as I love the look of flowy tails, I'd much rather get more out of my kicks with a competitor than sacrifice speed and the ability to move overall for a pretty flow. But that's just me. Maybe something to think about it. As far as heaviness it concerned, Mer-Crazy has a good point about other fins that don't have the competitor's stiffness requiring more silicone to make up for that, and silicone is definitely heavier than the monofin. Even when I picked up some Finfolk tails I was amazed at how heavy they were because of the bigger flukes, which required more silicone. If you use your tail enough, you'll build the right muscles in your legs, feet, and even arms from hauling it around all the time, so weight in that respect shouldn't be that much of an issue. I'm very pro-competitor if you can't tell. :p

Mermaid Iridessa
02-20-2016, 07:34 PM
Is there a thread on here that talks about emailing Raven (ready to order) and how to maybe organize things when sending the first email? Just so I can draft I ahead of time and know what info to put in besides the obvious: what items, color(s) and the amount that you are ready with..

Mermaid Iridessa
02-20-2016, 07:41 PM
Hmm, it seems that the competitor would be a better choice since it makes the tail lighter and gives a better kick..

I can't wait for the day I am ready to order my tail!!! Before I created my account here, I have been following different threads..but tbh, nothing beats the merbellas thread purely because of Raven's artistry and dream-like creations that builds the excitement even more. As I read through the progress of somebody's order, I find myself Hyper-excited for that person and you can see it in every comment on here!

One day..one day..

polyhymnia113
02-20-2016, 09:03 PM

Boy, am I picky..
I have the she-creature fluke (and yes she did allow it as a custom order when I asked but it was a hefty extra charge) with a competitor in it. I wanted the flowy look but didn't want to sacrifice speed and strength so I had her just cut the competitor fin back a considerable amount to allow the tips to still be all flowy and it looks great in the water (there's a brief video on my FB 'mermaid caprica'). I dont have the floatiness problem at all but on land my tail weoghs roughly 36 pounds and lifting the huge fluke is a bit of a chore / rough on the ankles for sure, so that's something to consider. I have no trouble whatsoever with it in the water manuevering, but when I lost some weight and it got a tad big I did feel a bit of a drag in the water just from the giant fluke and the tail not being tight. Probably the biggest consideration of warning I'd give is that for this particular fluke if you plan to travel with it, it is quite a chore. The edges will only fold in so much and I had to get a suitcase that's essentially the size I could climb into.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Mermaid Iridessa
02-20-2016, 09:10 PM
I have the she-creature fluke (and yes she did allow it as a custom order when I asked but it was a hefty extra charge) with a competitor in it. I wanted the flowy look but didn't want to sacrifice speed and strength so I had her just cut the competitor fin back a considerable amount to allow the tips to still be all flowy and it looks great in the water (there's a brief video on my FB 'mermaid caprica'). I dont have the floatiness problem at all but on land my tail weoghs roughly 36 pounds and lifting the huge fluke is a bit of a chore / rough on the ankles for sure, so that's something to consider. I have no trouble whatsoever with it in the water manuevering, but when I lost some weight and it got a tad big I did feel a bit of a drag in the water just from the giant fluke and the tail not being tight. Probably the biggest consideration of warning I'd give is that for this particular fluke if you plan to travel with it, it is quite a chore. The edges will only fold in so much and I had to get a suitcase that's essentially the size I could climb into.

This helps so much!! i guess the floating issue varies from person to person's buoyancy, but if you dont mind me asking, just so i can have a more accuracte cost/budget number, how much was the extra charge for the custom order of the fluke?

Thank you!!

P.s. I had a look at that video and the flow is perfection!!!

AniaR
02-20-2016, 09:13 PM
This helps so much!! i guess the floating issue varies from person to person's buoyancy, but if you dont mind me asking, just so i can have a more accuracte cost/budget number, how much was the extra charge for the custom order of the fluke?

Thank you!!

well in her case it's because she has a competitor in it. So mine with a foil has far more silicone than hers.

Mermaid Iridessa
02-20-2016, 09:23 PM
well in her case it's because she has a competitor in it. So mine with a foil has far more silicone than hers.

Yes and now i can see the difference in movement between both monofins in the fluke that i'm going for (which is beautiful in both cases and it IS a beautiful fluke). seeing yours with a foil and hers with a competitor helps alot in making the decision. I think the competitor would be a better option, because it doesnt look like it sacrifices the flow in polyhymnia113's video and it also makes a difference in the weight of the tail, like mer-crazy said.

Thank you so much everybody for the helpful info!! I wouldnt have been able to get all this info anywhere else!

frozenbutterflywings
02-20-2016, 09:29 PM
I got my birthday present a few hours early!!! Look :D http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160221/a96a9926579716a1c5956c82a7081fdf.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160221/92936a7e779279793084d19001da72d0.jpg I got the blue color it's so warm and fuzzy I love it!!!

Mermaid Iridessa
02-20-2016, 09:35 PM
I got my birthday present a few hours early!!! Look :D http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160221/a96a9926579716a1c5956c82a7081fdf.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160221/92936a7e779279793084d19001da72d0.jpg I got the blue color it's so warm and fuzzy I love it!!!

:swoon: So cute!!! Always a mermaid in and out of the sea <3

polyhymnia113
02-20-2016, 10:11 PM
This more silicone with a foil bit is going to hold very true in regards to price also. I recall Raven telling me that the reason for the significant added expense was that it was the biggest fluke and thus used way more silicone. If less space inside is taken up by the monofin it has to be filled with silicone so...yeah it may be pricier to put a foil in. As to the other I PM'd you. :)

AniaR
02-21-2016, 08:09 PM
Here is a video of me swimming as fast as I can at the surface with my foil monofin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY450ofzY8g

and here's my sister as fast as she can in the competitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcXOUlRDWDw

By contrast, Nessie in a wave, and victoria in the she creature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVgtcBkwPCw

Merley
02-22-2016, 01:00 PM
Btw, not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but the French girl making those Merbella and Finfolk necklaces has actually modified the fluke designs to make them her own so she's not ripping off other designs anymore. I thought it was nice to see someone who actually understands that's not okay and changes accordingly. Just thought others might appreciate the effort as well. Here is the new picture on her website. http://mernetwork.com/index/attachment.php?attachmentid=35775&stc=1

AniaR
02-22-2016, 04:38 PM
Great!

Ashton
02-22-2016, 08:20 PM
Yeah I posted about those earlier. They look nice; but all in all it's not cool to steal designs. At least give design credit or say you were 'inspired' by their designs.

Little_Orca
02-22-2016, 11:30 PM
*swims around the thread like a shark in the water awaiting news on more tails.*

Felicia
02-22-2016, 11:48 PM
*swims around the thread like a shark in the water awaiting news on more tails.*

This! I check back like 10 times a day, even if it says there hasn't been a new post lol ya know, just in case :P

Little_Orca
02-22-2016, 11:57 PM
This! I check back like 10 times a day, even if it says there hasn't been a new post lol ya know, just in case :P

Haha. I am obsessively checking as you and Ariel ordered either right before me or there was someone else between us, so I know I am close. I also know sometimes full tails get posted on her pages and I don't catch them until I look here, so I keep circling.... I AM NOT CRAZY!!!!

https://49.media.tumblr.com/258dfe34c2880aea01c7a6ae9c828707/tumblr_n9l0ionQAr1tqcwhao1_500.gif

Felicia
02-23-2016, 12:17 AM
Haha. I am obsessively checking as you and Ariel ordered either right before me or there was someone else between us, so I know I am close. I also know sometimes full tails get posted on her pages and I don't catch them until I look here, so I keep circling.... I AM NOT CRAZY!!!!

https://49.media.tumblr.com/258dfe34c2880aea01c7a6ae9c828707/tumblr_n9l0ionQAr1tqcwhao1_500.gif

This whole post is just a big ol' bag of yep lol its like you just get all anxious and dont wanna miss anything

Ariel-Starfish
02-23-2016, 06:37 AM

going trough this tread daily, like 2 times a day and keep checking my email constanly. :meditation: It's nice to read i'm not the only one who go's insane. Lol

frozenbutterflywings
02-23-2016, 11:26 AM
So originally Raven was gonna take my measurement but she just emailed me saying they are super busy and probably now unable to do it. Which is totally understandable. I just have flashbacks to my horrible tail with Mertailor where it was too tight and the waist was all the way up to my chest and the back barely covered my butt. Ugh. Does anyone have any tips? Especially if I want a high waisted tail? Any tips would be great thanks!!

Ariel-Starfish
02-23-2016, 11:46 AM
Guess who just got an update saying everything is done and READY TO SHIP... Omg i cant barly breath!!!

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/GIFs%20and%20Memes/DCB978C8-D368-44C8-860F-777B8C9DFFB4_zpsmb9e1rlc.gif (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/GIFs%20and%20Memes/DCB978C8-D368-44C8-860F-777B8C9DFFB4_zpsmb9e1rlc.gif.html)

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/GIFs%20and%20Memes/B8DCDBC8-C6DF-4AB9-B138-C35D130E9C5D_zpsx437p3qo.gif (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/GIFs%20and%20Memes/B8DCDBC8-C6DF-4AB9-B138-C35D130E9C5D_zpsx437p3qo.gif.html)

LouLouBelle
02-23-2016, 11:58 AM
Lol!! I love that Kermit gif!! I really hope we'll get to see an unboxing video...

Mermaid Alea
02-23-2016, 12:11 PM
YES! YES! YES! :cheerleader:So excited for your wait to be over Ariel Starfish!

Frozenbutterflywings - Double checking your measurements and having someone help measure you is good as well as measuring yourself again closer to your tail's production date, but honestly from what I have read on this forum from Mertailor customers I think Mertailor tails often don't fit people correctly. VanoraSirene got a tail from the Mertailor that didn't fit right: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?11757-Questions-on-my-Mertailor-tail

Mermaid Julianne
02-23-2016, 12:19 PM
Congrats Ariel! I can't wait to see it! (You better be making an unboxing video 🙏)

Ariel-Starfish
02-23-2016, 12:31 PM
You betcha!! :cool:
I've been planning it for weeks in my head on how to donan unboxing video xith english subs etc. :p

Felicia
02-23-2016, 02:09 PM
Guess who just got an update saying everything is done and READY TO SHIP... Omg i cant barly breath!!!

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/GIFs%20and%20Memes/DCB978C8-D368-44C8-860F-777B8C9DFFB4_zpsmb9e1rlc.gif (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/GIFs%20and%20Memes/DCB978C8-D368-44C8-860F-777B8C9DFFB4_zpsmb9e1rlc.gif.html)

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/GIFs%20and%20Memes/B8DCDBC8-C6DF-4AB9-B138-C35D130E9C5D_zpsx437p3qo.gif (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/GIFs%20and%20Memes/B8DCDBC8-C6DF-4AB9-B138-C35D130E9C5D_zpsx437p3qo.gif.html)

I can relate! Raven messaged me today saying the at she just wants to go over a few things before she ships it! It's all so exciting!!

Ariel-Starfish
02-23-2016, 02:50 PM
I can relate! Raven messaged me today saying the at she just want to go over a few things before she ships it! It's all so exciting!!

:yay::yay:
:hug:

Mer-Crazy
02-23-2016, 03:26 PM
Awww yey! I'm so excited for you too! Cant wait to see your fabulous new tails!!!

Little_Orca
02-23-2016, 04:15 PM
Woot!!!

And lol @ kermit.

Mermaid Alea
02-24-2016, 01:04 AM
New tails... we needs it precious we needs it... :eye twitch:

I can't wait to see the unboxing video!

Ariel-Starfish
02-24-2016, 11:20 AM
well, so far no good xD I haven't slept the entire night and was like :

https://youtu.be/NLMFTDW9jU4

Lol and I haven't got any replay it is acualy send out or not. :p

Mer-Crazy
02-24-2016, 03:31 PM
well, so far no good xD I haven't slept the entire night and was like :
https://youtu.be/NLMFTDW9jU4
Lol and I haven't got any replay it is acualy send out or not. :p
She'll message you when it's sent. Sending her emails asking for updates isn't going to make anything happen any faster and you're likely just going to stress her out. I know you're excited sweetie, but you need to calm down a little. Maybe take a day or so off the computer full stop.

Mermaid Coralia
02-24-2016, 04:42 PM
New tails... we needs it precious we needs it... :eye twitch:

I can't wait to see the unboxing video!

Gimme dem tails. I needs them.

Mermaid Iridessa
02-24-2016, 08:19 PM
:dance:So exciting!!! Unboxing video is a must!!

Felicia
02-24-2016, 11:40 PM
My top! Raven is seriously so freaking talented!

Little_Orca
02-24-2016, 11:49 PM
Ooh! Love it!

Mermaid Alea
02-25-2016, 12:11 AM
Woah such wonderful beadwork! :swoon:It is nice that you girls are getting your tails in time for spring! You will get to spend all spring and summer in your new Merbella tail!

Felicia
02-25-2016, 12:43 AM
Woah such wonderful beadwork! :swoon:It is nice that you girls are getting your tails in time for spring! You will get to spend all spring and summer in your new Merbella tail!

I'm so stoked to be getting my tail but its too cold to use it here till like July :( so I still have a while before I can use it frequently

Mermaid Iridessa
02-25-2016, 01:07 AM
Oh My!! It's gorgeous, Felicia :swoon:

Ariel-Starfish
02-25-2016, 02:06 AM
She'll message you when it's sent. Sending her emails asking for updates isn't going to make anything happen any faster and you're likely just going to stress her out. I know you're excited sweetie, but you need to calm down a little. Maybe take a day or so off the computer full stop.

Gotcha! :meditation:

woa that top is stunning!! :swoon:

Mer-Crazy
02-25-2016, 03:15 AM
Gotcha! :meditation:
woa that top is stunning!! :swoon:
There ya go :) :thumbs-up:

Also gahhhhhh Felecia you top is stunning! I wish I'd been sent on my design sooner. We'd all be getting our tails at the same time haha.

Luna Dreamtide
02-25-2016, 03:20 AM
Ooh that's gorgeous Felicia! I love the beading and the blue touches to the seaweed...
A question: are the pearls and whatnot embedded in the silicone of Raven's tops or are they sewn on?

Felicia
02-25-2016, 03:22 AM
Also gahhhhhh Felecia you top is stunning! I wish I'd been sent on my design sooner. We'd all be getting our tails at the same time haha.
It would be sweet if we could all meet up since we are basically tail sisters now lol unfortunately we all live very far from each other :(

Felicia
02-25-2016, 03:24 AM
Ooh that's gorgeous Felicia! I love the beading and the blue touches to the seaweed...
A question: are the pearls and whatnot embedded in the silicone of Raven's tops or are they sewn on?
I'm not sure actually, I believe that they're embedded but with Ravens attention to detail I wouldn't be surprised if it was both

Vela
02-25-2016, 01:55 PM
Wow that top is beautiful!!!!!! I love the mix of colors! :)

AniaR
02-25-2016, 02:45 PM
that top looks amazing!

I actually left her my octopus top and sea weed top in November to fix up :)

Felicia
02-25-2016, 05:04 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm oober excited for the whole thing to show up! I'm also super excited to see the new calendar that they just shot!

Ariel-Starfish
02-26-2016, 01:17 PM
Better pictures I recieved ❤️

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/Mermaiding/34066D22-6A9F-4095-B0FC-B8931A716EFC_zps0tqgbipz.jpg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/Mermaiding/34066D22-6A9F-4095-B0FC-B8931A716EFC_zps0tqgbipz.jpg.html)

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/Mermaiding/C8FFFDB8-019B-4B5D-A0A1-2A64BA25E2E4_zpsnabhjcpl.jpg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/Mermaiding/C8FFFDB8-019B-4B5D-A0A1-2A64BA25E2E4_zpsnabhjcpl.jpg.html)

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/Mermaiding/F39740A2-403F-44AD-8641-FB6AB0A27699_zpsaw3hri2a.jpg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/Mermaiding/F39740A2-403F-44AD-8641-FB6AB0A27699_zpsaw3hri2a.jpg.html)

I really can't believe it's going to be all mine! :) :swoon:

Hydra1337
02-26-2016, 01:26 PM
*GASP* That looks amazing! I am so jealous of you!

Vela
02-26-2016, 01:38 PM
Wow Ariel!! That is a gorgeous set!! Such beautiful colors :swoon:

Felicia
02-26-2016, 02:14 PM
It's absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see your unboxing!!

Merman Arion
02-26-2016, 03:02 PM
AMAZING!! Just amazing! :clap:

Mer-Crazy
02-26-2016, 03:15 PM
SOOOO pretty Ariel! Congratulations! :swoon:

Mermaid Wesley
02-26-2016, 03:26 PM
Ooooooooh <3 I love it.

Little_Orca
02-26-2016, 04:10 PM
Wooooooo!!!! Love it, Ariel! I'm so glad it's finally happenin for you!

Vrindavana Starfish
02-26-2016, 06:34 PM
Gorgeous, Ariel! I love the purple on it, and the top and headpiece are so beautiful!

Luna Dreamtide
02-26-2016, 08:21 PM
That is a gorgeous set!! I'm loving the top and headdress especially.

Mermaid Iridessa
02-26-2016, 08:28 PM
:jawdrop: The colors...my heart!!! It's so beautiful :swoon:

Felicia
02-26-2016, 10:55 PM
So I was totally calm and everything till now... My tail is done and while i did opt to wait another week so that raven could do a few things with my tail, I'm starting to lose my mind 0.o I'm in the home stretch and I can't help but to go fracking insane! *heavy breathing*

Little_Orca
02-27-2016, 01:55 AM
CALM

*slap*

DOWN

*slap*

FELICIA!

*slap*

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.M2800d283c265ae0652843d514b9eaddcH0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

jk, BE AS PUMPED AS YOU WANT! WOOO!!!

Ariel-Starfish
02-27-2016, 02:31 AM
Thanks everyone! :mermaid kiss:

I can't wait for my baby to get home!

Felicia: I know exacly how u feel! I'm waiting on the message say's that is is shipped, with following traching: so I can stalk my package every single minute!

Felicia
02-27-2016, 03:32 AM
CALM

*slap*

DOWN

*slap*

FELICIA!

*slap*

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.M2800d283c265ae0652843d514b9eaddcH0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

jk, BE AS PUMPED AS YOU WANT! WOOO!!!

I JUST CANT CONTROL MYSELF AHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHGAHAHGAHA!!

Little_Orca
02-27-2016, 03:59 AM
http://images1.tickld.com/live/14034.jpg
*Giggle*

Felicia
02-27-2016, 04:14 AM
Now that's just too freaking ridiculous lol

Felicia
02-27-2016, 05:25 PM
I think the part I'm most excited about I that it'll be coming to me during one of the hardest month (march) emotionally for me so to have this glorious creation shine a bit of light on my darkest time of year feels so amazing

Kait
02-29-2016, 05:27 AM
Omg I go away for a week and miss everything!!!
Congratulations beautiful ladies! Cannot wait to see more pics [emoji7]

Starfrit
02-29-2016, 07:56 AM
Better pictures I recieved ❤️

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/Mermaiding/34066D22-6A9F-4095-B0FC-B8931A716EFC_zps0tqgbipz.jpg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/Mermaiding/34066D22-6A9F-4095-B0FC-B8931A716EFC_zps0tqgbipz.jpg.html)

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/Mermaiding/C8FFFDB8-019B-4B5D-A0A1-2A64BA25E2E4_zpsnabhjcpl.jpg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/Mermaiding/C8FFFDB8-019B-4B5D-A0A1-2A64BA25E2E4_zpsnabhjcpl.jpg.html)

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/Mermaiding/F39740A2-403F-44AD-8641-FB6AB0A27699_zpsaw3hri2a.jpg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/Mermaiding/F39740A2-403F-44AD-8641-FB6AB0A27699_zpsaw3hri2a.jpg.html)

I really can't believe it's going to be all mine! :) :swoon:

I am never, ever, in my life, going to get over how gorgeous your top and headdress are. SO JEALOUS. :swoon:

Merenneito Nerissa
02-29-2016, 08:04 AM
Oh wowww Ariel that tail and everything else there, so stunning!! <3

Ariel-Starfish
02-29-2016, 12:19 PM
Thank girls! - Oh man it's been a week since I got told everything was ready to ship out right away. I imediatly (10 min after I recieved the email) replied and gave my adress. No answer. :( I know everything is going to be ok and having no need to stress out. BUT at the end of march I'm giving a mermaid Bday party and it would just be PERFECT if I could wear my tail for the first time! :) So fins crossed! :pearl:

AniaR
02-29-2016, 12:23 PM
sounds like she sent it

Ariel-Starfish
02-29-2016, 01:10 PM
sounds like she sent it

U think so? :) I haven't got any tracking numer or whatso ever. Raven said Taylor would do the packaging and shipment stuff.

Felicia
02-29-2016, 01:29 PM
U think so? :) I haven't got any tracking numer or whatso ever. Raven said Taylor would do the packaging and shipment stuff.

I would assume at this point they probably have, maybe Tyler just forgot to email back? Since they have such hectic life's that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Little_Orca
02-29-2016, 05:54 PM
Every new tail picture she puts out on Instagram now I am scanning to see if it's mine now that Ariel and Felicia have been taken care of, so to speak... wow, that sounded like a hit. Sorry. lol

I am sure there are still some between me and you two, but now I'm starting to get anxious (in a good way.) I was anxious when I first ordered last year, then I settled and have been very much of the mindset, "Well, it will come when it comes then I will focus on getting the rest of the things in order for the wedding; for now, you need to work on X, Y, and Z."

But now? I am trying to remain calm, do my homework, complete my finals, and get the Emerald Queen finished and ready for shipping (more on that in another thread later.)

https://49.media.tumblr.com/8266aebf92dce8e9a5cc94f4778dc6fa/tumblr_n9124tkbwU1td60u9o1_500.gif

Felicia
02-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Every new tail picture she puts out on Instagram now I am scanning to see if it's mine now that Ariel and Felicia have been taken care of, so to speak... wow, that sounded like a hit. Sorry. lol

I am sure there are still some between me and you two, but now I'm starting to get anxious (in a good way.) I was anxious when I first ordered last year, then I settled and have been very much of the mindset, "Well, it will come when it comes then I will focus on getting the rest of the things in order for the wedding; for now, you need to work on X, Y, and Z."

But now? I am trying to remain calm, do my homework, complete my finals, and get the Emerald Queen finished and ready for shipping (more on that in another thread later.)

https://49.media.tumblr.com/8266aebf92dce8e9a5cc94f4778dc6fa/tumblr_n9124tkbwU1td60u9o1_500.gif

The closer you get the more anxious you get and every tail she's posts just makes it that much worse, and then you get to the point of shipping o.0 you lose your god damn mind lol

Side note: I've probably check my email and FB messages like 9000 times while waiting to hear when my tail will ship lol like I said, you lose your mind :P

Mer-Crazy
02-29-2016, 06:08 PM
I have to admit the waiting and anxiety was like the thing I was least looking forward to when I ordered my new tail haha. I am usually able to keep my calm and keep it to a mild excitement. But sometimes I'll see something (like just then what I watched Iona's new video comparing Merbella and Finfolk tails) and I just sit there going 'I want my tail now please' :'(

Little_Orca
02-29-2016, 06:12 PM
I'e even started to try and get myself ready for an unboxing video to try and make sure I don't cry, and Ive not even gotten pics or an update yet, lol.

Felicia
02-29-2016, 06:20 PM
I'e even started to try and get myself ready for an unboxing video to try and make sure I don't cry, and Ive not even gotten pics or an update yet, lol.

I've been doing the same thing for the past 6 months, but I'm like 100% sure ill cry like a baby

Little_Orca
02-29-2016, 06:21 PM
I will have a series of bad jump cuts. It will become a drinking game. "Each time LO has a jump cut in her unboxing video to hide that she was crying, take a drink!" ... a drink of juice... for those under the drinking age in their respective countries....

LO does not promote underage drinking. >.>

Felicia
02-29-2016, 06:25 PM
^ This

AniaR
02-29-2016, 08:08 PM
We just paid to have my old tail upcycled into a new one for Mimi! Raven is cutting off the body part, recasting a body and repainting the whole thing. Just basic, no extra fins or anything. But it'll be beautiful when it's done I think and Mimi will have a tail :)

Felicia
02-29-2016, 08:55 PM
We just paid to have my old tail upcycled into a new one for Mimi! Raven is cutting off the body part, recasting a body and repainting the whole thing. Just basic, no extra fins or anything. But it'll be beautiful when it's done I think and Mimi will have a tail :)

YAY! I'm so happy for you guys, and I can't wait to see the finished tail!!!

Little_Orca
02-29-2016, 10:17 PM
Woo! Cannot wait to see how Mimi's tail will look.

frozenbutterflywings
02-29-2016, 10:33 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jDXFJzhnnus
Idk if anyone saw but mermaid Iona did a really good video on the difference between merbella and finfolk. Enjoy :D

Ariel-Starfish
03-01-2016, 02:06 AM
I would assume at this point they probably have, maybe Tyler just forgot to email back? Since they have such hectic life's that wouldn't surprise me at all.

:fallover::fallover:

I'm dying over here!

Little_Orca
03-01-2016, 02:07 AM
Patience, young grasshoppa fish.

Felicia
03-01-2016, 02:12 AM
There is little to no patience on the Merbella thread lol well unless you're Michelle

Winged Mermaid
03-01-2016, 03:39 AM
The closer you get the more anxious you get and every tail she's posts just makes it that much worse, and then you get to the point of shipping o.0 you lose your god damn mind lol

Side note: I've probably check my email and FB messages like 9000 times while waiting to hear when my tail will ship lol like I said, you lose your mind :P

This is absolutely true! I went through the same thing, and many others here have :P Just do your best to keep distracted so time will fly by!

Ariel-Starfish
03-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Can someone calm me down? ( Or tie me down? Lol) Urgh I was hoping for an answer this evening now wether it was shipped or not - but did not got anything. :gah:

Mermaid Alea
03-01-2016, 12:35 PM
You can do it Ariel! Maybe listen to some calming music? By the way I really like the drawing in your avatar! :D

Mer-Crazy
03-01-2016, 03:20 PM
Can someone calm me down? ( Or tie me down? Lol) Urgh I was hoping for an answer this evening now wether it was shipped or not - but did not got anything. :gah:
https://media.giphy.com/media/Fpz5Ogx4DpbXy/giphy.gif

Felicia
03-01-2016, 03:58 PM
So I've been checking my email through my phone constantly and I hadn't been getting anything from anyone which seemed odd, so I tried to log on through my computer only to find that my email has been hacked D: So now I've frantically FB messaged Raven to let her know the situation since my email is mainly how they've contacted me, but I feel like a butt head for bothering her seeing as I'm pretty sure she's the busiest person on the planet.

Mer-Crazy
03-01-2016, 04:13 PM
So I've been checking my email through my phone constantly and I hadn't been getting anything from anyone which seemed odd, so I tried to log on through my computer only to find that my email has been hacked D: So now I've frantically FB messaged Raven to let her know the situation since my email is mainly how they've contacted me, but I feel like a butt head for bothering her seeing as I'm pretty sure she's the busiest person on the planet.

A) worst possible time for an email to get hacked EVER!

B) don't feel bad about messaging her about this at all. It's one of the most appropriate things to message her about haha.

Felicia
03-01-2016, 04:24 PM
A) worst possible time for an email to get hacked EVER!

B) don't feel bad about messaging her about this at all. It's one of the most appropriate things to message her about haha.

A) Sure frickin is, someone was like "what's the worse time mess with her email?... I think right now, ya know when she checking it constantly" people suck!
B) While I now its the best thing to do given the situation I still feel like a butt!

Mer-Crazy
03-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Seriously though don't even worry about it. If anything I'm sure she appreciates you letting her know :)

Felicia
03-01-2016, 08:34 PM
Seriously though don't even worry about it. If anything I'm sure she appreciates you letting her know :)

Yeah I suppose so, it just puts my anxiety through the roof so I'm just over thinking it a bit

Ariel-Starfish
03-02-2016, 02:47 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Fpz5Ogx4DpbXy/giphy.gif

Thanks! :phew:

OMG email account hacked? Don't feel bad contacting Raven trough tour FB.

AniaR
03-02-2016, 10:29 PM
I got a quick check in with Raven and realized they're also in the middle of their yearly Calendar shoot with Weeki right now! just an FYI for anyone waiting on emails, I suspect that's part of the holdup.

Felicia
03-03-2016, 12:55 AM
I got a quick check in with Raven and realized they're also in the middle of their yearly Calendar shoot with Weeki right now! just an FYI for anyone waiting on emails, I suspect that's part of the holdup.
I'm so fricking excited to see the new calendar!!!

Mermaid Syaira
03-03-2016, 02:04 AM
I'm so fricking excited to see the new calendar!!!

I second this!!!

Ariel-Starfish
03-03-2016, 02:50 AM

:hail:

Mermaid Marius
03-03-2016, 06:41 PM
This thread fills me with anxiety in the best and worst ways.
I've been here so long it's like everyone's tails are my tails, I get so excited when they finally get delivered.

Little_Orca
03-03-2016, 10:22 PM
ALL TAILS ARE ONE TAIL! ALL TAILS ARE GOOD!

I dunno. *Giggle* Silly mood tonight

Mermaid Coralia
03-04-2016, 06:26 AM
Makes me wanna sing that "we are one" song from the lion king. 2?

Ariel-Starfish
03-04-2016, 09:41 AM
Now I just realized I probably won't get it at the end of the month. I won't be able to introduce it at my Bday pool party, neither wearing it at the con a weekend after. :cry:

Calizaire
03-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Ariel Starfish, this is adorable!!!
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/12794588_766782863454615_8431435527240357133_n.jpg ?oh=7256541d79a873b47b9f9bd38fac3189&oe=57581F20

Felicia
03-04-2016, 05:47 PM
My tail ships tomorrow!

Mermaid Mystery
03-04-2016, 05:58 PM
YESYESYESYESYES! hopefully it's not UPS ;)

AniaR
03-04-2016, 07:15 PM
If you havent seen it yet, a mini doc Tyler made about Raven! https://www.facebook.com/MerBellaStudios/videos/1040143346041745/

frozenbutterflywings
03-04-2016, 07:27 PM
That was beautiful!! [emoji7]

Mermaid Mystery
03-04-2016, 07:37 PM
that new tail at the end [emoji7]

Mermaid Iridessa
03-04-2016, 09:14 PM
So excited about everyone's tails :D

Mermaid Iridessa
03-04-2016, 09:19 PM
That video was amazing!! imagine how magical and amazing it must feel to work and design and create beautiful things in such an enchanting environment?! It's so dreamy and magical :rainbow:

Mermaid Marius
03-04-2016, 09:25 PM
Her studio looks so amazing, I'm in tears. I've never heard Raven's voice before, this whole video was like a gift from the sea gods 😭😭😭

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Felicia
03-04-2016, 09:43 PM
YESYESYESYESYES! hopefully it's not UPS ;)
Ahaha unfortunately it is but I'm in a new place since my Christmas present went missing so hopefully a 30-40 pound tail wont be taken from my porch

Mermaid Alea
03-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Epic video! My eye was really drawn to that mermaid armor belt at 3:03 in the video. Although my eye was really drawn to everything in the video! Such an amazing work space!

AniaR
03-04-2016, 09:47 PM
I feel so honoured to have my photo with her included. <3

Mermaid Mystery
03-04-2016, 09:54 PM
Ahaha unfortunately it is but I'm in a new place since my Christmas present went missing so hopefully a 30-40 pound tail wont be taken from my porch

imagine someone trying to pick THAT up and run! when I got my tail i needed the mailman to help me carry it to the door!

Felicia
03-04-2016, 10:02 PM
imagine someone trying to pick THAT up and run! when I got my tail i needed the mailman to help me carry it to the door!

Right!! They'd have to come through the large gate and walk like 115 feet of driveway/grass to even get to the porch then to have to grab it and try to run back out... Omg hahaha so not happening

Luna Dreamtide
03-04-2016, 11:55 PM
I loved the video!! That would be such a magical inspiring space to work in!

Ariel-Starfish
03-05-2016, 03:22 AM
Ariel Starfish, this is adorable!!!
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/12794588_766782863454615_8431435527240357133_n.jpg ?oh=7256541d79a873b47b9f9bd38fac3189&oe=57581F20

Damn, u snapped this up! :grin: I wanted to do a big reveal when I recieve it! ❤️

Also: LOOOOVE the interview with mermaid goddess Raven! It's awsome to hear her speak after all these years. Best video ever❤️
U can spot my top at 2:40 :D iiiiiih !!

Mizuko
03-05-2016, 03:34 AM
I spotted my tail design sketch in the video, made the video even more awesome for me :)

Little_Orca
03-05-2016, 05:06 AM
That video was so sweet. I love to see Raven so candidly. I've spoken to her in messages before and she has always been so sweet and wonderful, but there is something about who she is and what she does that makes her feel larger than life... Like she is some sort of fae upon earth, and to see her so human is both strange and refreshing.

I'd probably still piddle myself in person if I met her... same thing if I met Raina... and how a fan (figuratively) reacted when they met me. XD

Ariel-Starfish
03-05-2016, 05:51 AM
I'd probably still piddle myself in person if I met her... same thing if I met Raina... and how a fan (figuratively) reacted when they met me. XD

I can imagne this for myself aswel ❤️

Little_Orca
03-05-2016, 06:09 AM
That doll of you Ariel was cute. :)

Ariel-Starfish
03-05-2016, 07:48 AM
That doll of you Ariel was cute. :)

Thank you! ❤️ It's just the tail and top that was made for me. I'll put them on a custom doll made to my features. ^^

Spindrift
03-05-2016, 09:09 AM
I spotted my tail design sketch in the video, made the video even more awesome for me :)

Mine tooooo!!!! <3 <3 <3