PDA

View Full Version : Merbellas Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Felicia
06-10-2013, 12:19 AM
$75 per pair

$250 for a dorsal.

That's what mine cost. :-)

Thanks! I know the cost is in ravens faq and somewhere in this thread but my phone won't let me see any of that.... Stupid phone internet

Mermaid Kalliope
06-10-2013, 01:18 AM
Haha, I feel ya. You can always use your browser on your phone and go to her Facebook page. It has all the info there. Like a custom fluke costs extra. (I don't know for basic, but for performance ones it does.) I believe my fluke is $200.

Mermaid Harmony
06-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Sooo....had a talk with the husband/mertender tonight! We agreed I can order a Basic Merbella's tail!!!! Sooo excited! I'm going to email her now and see if maybe she can take me, but that way I at least have my foot in the door!!! Gahhhh!!!! Soooo excited!

Mermaid Kalliope
06-10-2013, 02:23 AM
Yay! Congrats, Harmony!!! I'm so excited for you! I'm not sure if she's taking any basic orders, but it's good to be on the list just in case. ^_^ I know they're out and about right now with a gig, I think they're returning soon. :o So excited.

Moongazer
06-10-2013, 04:17 AM
Urg I hate to be a dark cloud over everyone's awesome tails, but I ordered her bracers when she had them up on etsy and then she shipped them out in the mass bulk shipping thing that she did. I only now just got them, which is weird for American shipping (I shipped it to my friends house across the boarder), but I had her open them for me and take pictures.

The paint job is well... Not what I was hoping for. Its... A disapointment in a sense. I really wanted them to match this tail http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?4654-Used-Blue-Mermaid-Creations-Tail-For-Sale and asked for her too do so. So you'd think black with blue with maybe some spots here and there. Not really, it's only blue. And I'm not even sure if it's the right blue... *rolls around*

I feel like I shouldn't complain over something only worth like $50 but at the same time, since it's only $50 to her and she's used to $1000+ orders, maybe she just over looked this and urg. I hate this weird flip floppy feeling.

(Pictures will be up when I pick them up)

AnnaAbyss
06-10-2013, 06:34 AM
Everyone's getting all their pretty Merbellas tails and I'm just here like: .____. ...Waaahhh. xD One day I'll get a tail!!!

AniaR
06-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Gah!! My tail doesnt fit in the suitcase! Has anyone traveled in a plane with their merbellas tail? Im terrified of it getting broken, crushed, or torn

Nothing standard fits them. I have tried everything and every artist portfolio bag, luggage, everything. I commissioned Sephina to make one for me and it's featured in my latest behind the scenes video.

MermaidHyli
06-10-2013, 09:58 AM
I watched your video Raina but I must have missed your bag. We did talk to American Airlines and we can put the tail in a garment bag and take it with me as my carry on!! Man that is a load off my shoulders. I can also have my bcd and regs which is awesome! Its going to be nice to know my tail is safely right above my head in the compartment. Now the fun part, making sure no one puts their luggage on top of it.

Echidna
06-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Was wondering about this too.
Now that I have this huuuuge competitor (it's ginormous! I'm afraid every pool will kick me out! :jawdrop:),
how can one possibly transport this on a plane? (without paying incredible transport costs, preferably)
The only way I can reach a (swimmable) sea is by plane (driving 12+ hours not an option).

Also, thanks for the unboxing videos!
It's great to see the tails up close. Really helps when planning a purchase/making a tail.
The molded scales are fintastic!

Ariel-Starfish
06-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Anyone heard news from Raven? I'm so stoked when I finally hear she's going to finish/ship my tail out :confused:

Ariel-Starfish
06-10-2013, 01:31 PM
me atm:

http://adrianmainey.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/tumblr_li46pe1m8i1qh4nf6o1_500.gif?w=640

Ariel-Starfish
06-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Ok. Just read at Merbellas page they are back in action by thursday 0______o Aaargh the wait! *going paranoid*

http://i45.tinypic.com/au8ow3.gif

Mermaid Kalliope
06-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Yay! I hope they had fun! Ariel, I can't wait to see your tail! Mine seems so close and yet so far!

I'm sorry to hear about the bracers. :-( I think she might have just been overwhelmed with it. It happens with such large orders.

MerEmma
06-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Urg I hate to be a dark cloud over everyone's awesome tails, but I ordered her bracers when she had them up on etsy and then she shipped them out in the mass bulk shipping thing that she did. I only now just got them, which is weird for American shipping (I shipped it to my friends house across the boarder), but I had her open them for me and take pictures.

The paint job is well... Not what I was hoping for. Its... A disapointment in a sense. I really wanted them to match this tail http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?4654-Used-Blue-Mermaid-Creations-Tail-For-Sale and asked for her too do so. So you'd think black with blue with maybe some spots here and there. Not really, it's only blue. And I'm not even sure if it's the right blue... *rolls around*

I feel like I shouldn't complain over something only worth like $50 but at the same time, since it's only $50 to her and she's used to $1000+ orders, maybe she just over looked this and urg. I hate this weird flip floppy feeling.

(Pictures will be up when I pick them up)

My bracers had issues too. I hope you don't have issues with sizing, I think Bracers are reallyyy difficult to size because they have to stretch way over my hands. My hands are 3 inches bigger than my wrists and when mine come back in, I really hope they work and fit well. =\ I know what feeling you have though, I had the EXACT same one. Email her about it and I'm sure she'll help you out.

Jadestone
06-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Where are you reading that? She can't do them anymore for the basic. When I read the FAQ it says not...just curious. :P

On her facebook information, it says:

"-Basic design does not include any "extra fins". Additional pectoral/ankle/dorsal fins can be added to your tail for an additional charge."

Which I just noticed the other day. I'd remembered her saying she wasn't offering them anymore, so I was surprised to see this and just wasn't sure if it was either out of date or an update.

MerEmma
06-10-2013, 08:03 PM
I think that's just a weird phrasing. I think she means for the performance? Basic DESIGN of the performance tail? I dunno.

AniaR
06-10-2013, 08:19 PM
I will ask her lol

Jadestone
06-10-2013, 09:40 PM
It was in the section marked "Basic tails" not "Performance tails" haha. I think our best bet is to just wait to see what Raina discovers from Raven herself :) No rush, though, I know they're performing! Just wondered, as I fantasize about my dream tail, haha.

Ariel-Starfish
06-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Look what came in the mail today! No Signed copy, but I'm hoping to get a Signed photo from Raina ^_^

Mermaid Isabela
06-11-2013, 09:39 PM
She used to offer extra fins and dorsals for Basics. My guess is she hasn't updated her FAQ :p

Phoenix Mermaid
06-12-2013, 03:38 AM
I believe its listed in her "about me" section still that she offers additional fins for a fee for the basic tail. That had confused me for a long time untill I saw one of her update post about the types of tails she offers and stuff.

AniaR
06-12-2013, 08:21 AM
yeah I asked but she wont be back til Thursday, I'm not sure she can even check her messages atm

Moongazer
06-12-2013, 07:02 PM
So the bracers are beautiful quality I'll give her that.

But the sizing is way off (Almost 2" bigger then what I asked for) and the colors are not what I was hoping for... I'm going to message her today about it and see what she can do.

http://s23.photobucket.com/user/0ceanprincess/library/Merbellas%20Bracer

Merman Arion
06-12-2013, 07:29 PM
So the bracers are beautiful quality I'll give her that.

But the sizing is way off (Almost 2" bigger then what I asked for) and the colors are not what I was hoping for... I'm going to message her today about it and see what she can do.

http://s23.photobucket.com/user/0ceanprincess/library/Merbellas%20Bracer

well, with you and MerEmma, i think that makes already two unsatisfied customers about the bracers.. i honestly think buying the bracers without trying them before is risky. although i find them amazing and really cool, i wouldn't take my chance. but that's just me.
in my opinion, selling shell tops is safer than selling bracers..

AniaR
06-12-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm going to message her today about it and see what she can do.

You'll just get me :p I am manning the messages until they get back tomorrow!

Moongazer
06-12-2013, 07:56 PM
I was going to message her Etsy. And even if she gets back tomorrow at least my message would be there waiting XD

MerEmma
06-12-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm sure Raven will help you out. I'm anxious for mine to be redone again, but I know I need to be patient about it. :P

MermaidHyli
06-13-2013, 01:54 PM

AniaR
06-13-2013, 05:37 PM
I CHECKED IN WITH RAVEN NO FINS ANYMORE ON THE BASIC TAILS SORRY!

Little_Orca
06-15-2013, 08:44 PM
*Deep breath*

So far, I have 1/3 of the funds I need for my tail... or about 1/6 of what I need for two wedding tails.

When I saw that in my bank account today, I was a little giddy.

http://images.persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/uexc_attach/giddy-merida.gif

Then, I realized still how much I have to save and how much weight I still need to lose...

http://goingforwardblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/sad-dug-animated.gif

Mizuko
06-15-2013, 08:50 PM
I got this photo yesterday from Raven! :D Its to match my tail! Isn't it stunning?! <3 <3 so pretty!! She's put beautiful crystals on it!

Ariadne
06-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Oh, that is just beautimous!

MerEmma
06-15-2013, 09:30 PM
WOW! So pretty<33

Mermaid Harmony
06-15-2013, 10:03 PM
So I had a dream last night that we were all at this big party and raven was making tails and chatting with everyone, and then told me she couldn't take my order because she wasn't going to do the Basic tails anymore and was just doing performance tails, and then somehow I found or earned 2,000 extra dollars and was able to buy a performance tail. Sigh...someday soon...I'm just so excited and anxious just to even see if A. She'll take my order and/or B. When she can do it, so I know when I'll have my first merbella's tail, and o my word that blue and gold one is breath taking and your shell top is just ravishing. Love love love!!!

Mermaid Kenzie
06-16-2013, 02:10 AM
So I had a dream last night that we were all at this big party and raven was making tails and chatting with everyone, and then told me she couldn't take my order because she wasn't going to do the Basic tails anymore and was just doing performance tails, and then somehow I found or earned 2,000 extra dollars and was able to buy a performance tail. Sigh...someday soon...I'm just so excited and anxious just to even see if A. She'll take my order and/or B. When she can do it, so I know when I'll have my first merbella's tail, and o my word that blue and gold one is breath taking and your shell top is just ravishing. Love love love!!!

*back away from computer scared* :jawdrop: I had almost the exact same dream about a week ago, but instead of buying our tails, somehow the Mertailor showed up and stole all of the competitor monofins from Raven, and we had to go find them in the weirdest places... like a toy store. It was like a mer-problems version of Dora The Explorer ) lol

Winged Mermaid
06-16-2013, 03:12 AM
Sorry, I've been a busy mer since I got my tail! Hyli you look AMAZING in your tail! Holy smokes girl! :jawdrop:
And Mizuko that top look sooo pretty! It's going to go amazing with your tail! :D
Sorry to hear about people's issues with bracers. I think I mentioned to Raven measuring for them becuase they looked like a one size fits all, and I know too well with wrist and forearm wear people tend to be not that.

Good news on my end, 2 pairs of 2mm socks seems to work great for my fin-fitting issue! Yay! I made a belt to cover that the tail rides low. I used $40 in fake plants and it looks like a bad hula skirt X_x. Oh well, try try again.

Arella
06-16-2013, 08:42 AM
That tops is really pretty!

Mermaid Kalliope
06-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Oh wow, Mizuko! That was your top?! I saw pictures of it on her instagram. It's so pretty and is going to match your tail beautifully!

Marlin
06-17-2013, 04:21 AM
So I guess this would be the best place to ask; Someone in here might already know/ have done this before. I want to buy a merbellas basic tail, but have read reviews about the neoprene/silicone blend in the fluke saying it wasn't as "flippy" I guess would be the word. I have also seen the full silicone flukes and I like the way the look, a lot. Is there anyway Raven would be able to make just the fluke on the basic tail full silicone and the rest of it normally, if I were willing to pay extra?

I checked the FAQ, and it didn't mention anything specific about this. I also sent an email, but I also realize that they are very, very busy and figured that maybe someone in here might know.

Anyway, thanks for the help! :D

Winged Mermaid
06-17-2013, 05:34 AM
So I guess this would be the best place to ask; Someone in here might already know/ have done this before. I want to buy a merbellas basic tail, but have read reviews about the neoprene/silicone blend in the fluke saying it wasn't as "flippy" I guess would be the word. I have also seen the full silicone flukes and I like the way the look, a lot. Is there anyway Raven would be able to make just the fluke on the basic tail full silicone and the rest of it normally, if I were willing to pay extra?

I checked the FAQ, and it didn't mention anything specific about this. I also sent an email, but I also realize that they are very, very busy and figured that maybe someone in here might know.

Anyway, thanks for the help! :D

I've heard and seen that the basic tail flukes are floppy unless you get a stiff monofin (competitor) in them. So if you're not worried about it having enough floppy-ness to them I don't think that's an issue. Either way, she's specified several times that she can't do performance flukes on basic tails. Nor can she do merbella scales on them. Sorry :(

Marlin
06-17-2013, 08:05 AM
I wanted my fluke to be bigger, and was thinking of the competitor already; by the looks of it, my best bet would to be to just buckle down and save for the performance tail.

Thank you.

Mermaid Kalliope
06-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Her performance tails sure seem to be worth the wait and saving. I'm still waiting for mine, and I am sure it will be amazing. :-) I'm in no hurry, but still excited.

If you think you can save up for the performance tail, and don't need a tail NOW do it. Also, the finis foil has the most "flop" to it. Watch videos of the Merbellas, they have foils in them. Raina and Iona have competitors in theirs, watch their videos for "flip" and "flop". :-D

Iona- I love your new gif in your signature!!! ♥♥ <3

Mermaid Isabela
06-17-2013, 11:38 AM
My fluke is extremely flippy!! Would you like to see some pictures? It's actually pretty big too. I measured it last night at 28 inches across.. I believe the performance tails are 32 across. :)

Ciesl2ja
06-17-2013, 11:54 AM
#shutupandtakemymoney

Mermaid Dottie
06-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Am I a glutton for torture? Why do I look at this thread when I know it's only going to make me jealous and impatient and frustrated? >.<
You guys are all so gorgeous.
Maybe I should make a green jelly fish tail, since it seems like I'll be jelly forever. XD

Marlin
06-17-2013, 01:18 PM
#shutupandtakemymoney
-EXACTLY. :D

@Isabela- Is yours the performance or the basic?

Mermaid Isabela
06-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Mine's a basic! :)

AniaR
06-17-2013, 10:27 PM
I think people don't realize how floppy the competitor can be. It doesn't flow, but it's not perfectly stuff. Just look at any of my videos or gifs

Jadestone
06-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Oh, is she not doing "upgrade"-able flukes on the basic tails now, at extra cost? :( Alas. That facebook info really needs updating I guess.

*sigh* I have my heart set on the angler fluke... but I haven't even been able to justify one thousand dolars to myself (or my parents x_x), let alone three. I'm earning around $3000 this summer but I can't spend *all* of it. I also have, y'know, grad school to get through x_x

Winged Mermaid
06-18-2013, 12:10 AM
I think people don't realize how floppy the competitor can be. It doesn't flow, but it's not perfectly stuff. Just look at any of my videos or gifs

True that! I watched your videos and videos of others with competitors over and over to make sure the floppiness I was seeing was there before I committed to a competitor. But it really is! If flops just while I'm holding it, but it's controlled by the monofin. With the foil (which I've carried and handled and washed a performance with foil) it just flops eeevveryywhere. It seems heavier in and out of the water because it doesn't have a "backbone" like a fluke with a competitor in it does. I'm very happy with my decision to get one :)

Mermaid Kalliope
06-18-2013, 01:51 AM
I picked competitor for a lot of reasons:

1. I watched Raina's videos and any other mermaids who had a competitor (Like the German/Belgium mer, I can't remember her name, she was in a Christmas video. ><) like a madmer to see how it flows/flops.
- I love big stiff flukes, but I didn't want it to look unnaturally stiff. Even dolphin/whale flukes have flow!

2. I like the FLOP! it makes when it hits the water. (Haha, Raina, the video where you, Ama and Mimi are all slapping the water, I can totally tell when it's your tail. It's so much louder. )

3. I live by the ocean and plan on swimming in that glorious body of water... A LOT. I need to make sure I won't be over powered by the current.

4. It is so much bigger than other fins that she offers. I'd rather have my monofin fill my fluke than have a bunch of extra silicone flipping about. :-D

5. Speed! I love swimming fast! I'm a little speedster, so I feel the competitor will deliver that the best.

Yay! ^_^ Mmkay, I'm done. haha

Marlin
06-18-2013, 03:29 AM
I picked competitor for a lot of reasons:

1. I watched Raina's videos and any other mermaids who had a competitor (Like the German/Belgium mer, I can't remember her name, she was in a Christmas video. ><) like a madmer to see how it flows/flops.
- I love big stiff flukes, but I didn't want it to look unnaturally stiff. Even dolphin/whale flukes have flow!

2. I like the FLOP! it makes when it hits the water. (Haha, Raina, the video where you, Ama and Mimi are all slapping the water, I can totally tell when it's your tail. It's so much louder. )

3. I live by the ocean and plan on swimming in that glorious body of water... A LOT. I need to make sure I won't be over powered by the current.

4. It is so much bigger than other fins that she offers. I'd rather have my monofin fill my fluke than have a bunch of extra silicone flipping about. :-D

5. Speed! I love swimming fast! I'm a little speedster, so I feel the competitor with deliver that the best.

Yay! ^_^ Mmkay, I'm done. haha

I whole-heartedly second everything said :D

SeaNymph
06-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Hey guys, to bring some light into the mystery: I´m the mermaid of the Christmas video and I´m from Germany not Belgium. My monofin is a competitor, it is quite stiff but I wanted it this way because I needed a tail with great propulsion. The competitor is great in the ocean but only if you have enough training and muscles to handle it. For swimming in pools/tanks or for freediving beginners I would recommend floppier monofins because it´s easier to swim figures, saltos etc. and you won´t get cramps.
Here´s my Christmas video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvJlt4QVg1s

Mermaid Allie
06-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Wow SeaNymph Daniela you look awesome in that video and so does your tail
:)

Little_Orca
06-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Well, due to the wedding plans (and how shy Mr Orca tends to be), he has opted out of getting himself a tail for now. He really wants a tail (and plans to get one later,) but is not as thrilled about getting married in one as I am. HOWEVER! ... He said he would dress in a fancy pirate captain's outfit and carry me off the beach over his shoulder once we were married. That takes care of how I will get off the beach... and means I have 1/3 of the money for my tail versus the 1/6 I had when I was saving for two.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mazo415pjQ1qkhxoc.gif

... Now... I just have to work out overtime...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le25z3pVQL1qen204.gif

AniaR
06-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Yaaaay! <3

Mermaid Kalliope
06-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Hey guys, to bring some light into the mystery: I´m the mermaid of the Christmas video and I´m from Germany not Belgium. My monofin is a competitor, it is quite stiff but I wanted it this way because I needed a tail with great propulsion. The competitor is great in the ocean but only if you have enough training and muscles to handle it. For swimming in pools/tanks or for freediving beginners I would recommend floppier monofins because it´s easier to swim figures, saltos etc. and you won´t get cramps.
Here´s my Christmas video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvJlt4QVg1s

Thank you! I am thought that you werw German, but I wasn't sure because I could have sworn that I read Belgium from someone in regards to that video. Danke! (Hope I got that right.)

AniaR
06-18-2013, 07:00 PM
Hey everyone!

Raven's going to be updating the FAQ soon hopefully :) I pointed out the inconsistencies!

AniaR
06-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Here's a recently posted FAQ addition:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/merbella-studios-inc/faq-about-wait-times-and-email-response-times/542703012452450

Product Wait Times and Email Response Times FAQ

At Merbellas Studios Inc, we pride ourselves in creating unique and amazing mermaid products. From tails to tops, accessories and more,our creations are inspired by the sea. We get frequent emails and messages with questions, which is why we have a FAQ (you can read it here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/merbella-studios-inc/faq/455537217835697). This note will take it a step further; to give you insight into our wait times and email response times.

In regards to tails, our current wait time is between 90-120days. Depending on a variety of reasons, your tail may be created sooner orlater than this. Here are some of the common factors that may influence your wait time:

· Curing times and weather. Silicone takes a certain amount of time and the right environmental conditions to cure, so does each layer of paint. Silicone won’t cure in cold or humid weather, or during rainy weather. It also can’t cure around certain substances (like latex). If Florida is hit with hurricane type weather, prolonged rain, or unseasonably cold temperatures, these things will affect how long you’ll have to wait for your tail.

· Materials. Very rarely, suppliers for the products will run short and back order, often without notice. This has happened to many tail makers in the past, especially when it comes to monofins. Merbellas Studios will strive to make this information available to clients-but often it is not made available to us. We stock up to avoid it happening, but sometimes it can’t be helped.

· Basic tails take a longer time than performance tails do to make.

· Because of how frequently we use our molds, we often need to make brand new ones and test them to replace the old ones. This is to insure that all tails are held to our high standard.

· Complicated painting schemes may take longer than basic painting schemes, especially if we need to email back and forth with you to get you to approve the design a number of times. You can help this by making sure you know your design ahead of time.

· Similarly, if you change your mind about your design during the construction process, this will delay your tail.

· Occasionally people lose weight, gain weight, or realize they have done their measurements wrong. Sometimes this is an easy fix,other times we need to make a whole new tail. This can delay your wait time.

· We get sick from time to time like everyone else. We tend to trudge through anyway, but occasionally it’ll mean a day ortwo off from working on tails.

· Merbellas Mermaids perform several times a year in a variety of locations. During performance prep time, performing time, and tear down/travel time, we are unable to work on tails or communicate with clients on a routine basis. We will alert you if we’re travelling via our Facebook Page.

· Your tail may be delayed if you fail to pay the full amount. If you send us an email saying “ready to pay” and give us all your info, but then do not pay or respond to our invoice, we will not start your tail until you have paid.

· Likewise, the same thing can happen if you do not pay us for your shipping. We are working on better methods for shipping, at the time it can be difficult to give you an accurate estimate before construction of your tail, as each tail is individual and tails are travelling all over the world. If your shipping costs more than was expected, we appreciate your understanding and quick reimbursement to ensure your tail arrives on time.

· If you are an international client, please take into consideration customs wait times. Customs are legally allowed to retain your tail for up to 6 weeks. They very rarely do this, but Merbellas is in noway responsible for US customs or the customs of your country. You may be charged associated customs fees as well for importing of a product.

· Finally, wait times for EVERYONE become longer when you send us emails too frequently. If we spend all our time answering questions that are already answered in the FAQ, fielding people who don’t have a genuine commitment to buying, and handling junk mail, we have less time for working on tails. Similarly if you are a client it does not help us if you email us every day. Unless we notify you personally or make a statement about delays on our Facebook, you can assume your tail is moving along on time. We will contact you to approve the paint job before we put on the final touches,and contact you when your tail ships. Obviously, if there is a pressing matter(like a shipping address change) please contact us. It makes communications error happen less frequently if you ONLY contact us in one way (preferably email, not messaging us on all of our websites) from the same email. It can be extra helpful to us if you reply to the same emails instead of starting new ones.

In terms of accessories, tops, and other mermaid items:

· For all silicone tops- the same information above applies.

· For shell tops, occasionally we may be waiting for a new shipment of materials. Shell tops are VERY time consuming and intricate work. Especially if they are custom.

· If you commission a custom top through Etsy,your wait time will be delayed if you do not pay when your top is ready.

· It affects EVERYONE’S wait time, If you commission something, and then do not follow through on payment upon completion. We end up spending time on tops that never get paid for, and it takes us longer to get to the tops and accessories that clients ARE paying for.

At Merbellas Studios Inc, we know you're excited to begin life as a professional mermaid. However, as you've seen a variety of things may delay your tail. It's our strong recommendation that if you do plan on taking mermaid bookings, that you don't start until you receive your tail. We cannot accept responsibilities for missed booking opportunities.

At Merbellas Studios Inc, we appreciate your understanding when it comes to wait times. We work very hard to make tails that live up to our client’s dreams and expectations. Our first priority is to ensure that you can bring out your inner mer with a tail customized to your vision. Thanks for your considerations and business! We look forward to working with you.

Mermaid Lorelei
06-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Very neat, concise, and specific FAQs. Here's hoping people will actually read them. O.O

Mermaid Isabela
06-19-2013, 02:08 AM
GUYS MY TOP!!! * U * < The blue!! >

Felicia
06-19-2013, 03:07 AM
So quick question about how much stretch the performance tails have, I'm a bit worried that if I measure at my waist, which is 25.5 inches, that I won't be able to get the waist of the tail around my hips, which are 39 inches. Anyone know just how stretchy the tails are?

Mermaid Isabela
06-19-2013, 10:44 AM
To give you an idea... The neoprene in basic tails, makes the silicone lose stretch. My waist is 30in and my hips are 45... and I can get it up just fine. o.O; So I'm guessing that the performance tails are even stretchier.

Marlin
06-19-2013, 04:12 PM
@Isabela- Mind if I PM you a ton of questions about your tail? I am trying to decide between the basic and the performance and would love to know what yours is like.

MermaidHyli
06-19-2013, 04:33 PM
My performance stretches surprisingly pretty well. Sure it takes some wiggling but I've found getting the tail a bit wet as well as myself makes the process easier.

Also Belize rocks, got the tail on and off the plane easily and it flows like a dream in the ocean. Some pictures on fb with turtles, rays, and sharks. Two more dive trips (one of which is the great blue hole) so I'm hoping for some awesome shots. Raven is a maker of dreams come true <3

AniaR
06-19-2013, 05:18 PM
so long as you put it on wet you can get it to stretch really well. I just had mine taken in 2 inches, but In some parts of my body the inches came back. If anything, it fits even better being that tight and stretching instead.

Mermaid Isabela
06-19-2013, 08:13 PM
@Marlin Sure thing! :) PM me any questions you might have. I'll do my best to answer them!

AniaR
06-19-2013, 10:47 PM
So you guys know I've been helping out with some of the messages from time to time.

I gotta say. I have a whole new appreciation for why Eric came across rude frequently in his emails to people. Some of the requests Raven gets, the messages, the people who refuse to stop messaging 50 times a day... it blows my mind. Some people are so rude and demanding, some people refuse to read what you answer them. It's like they don't like the answer so they just keep asking it over and over. I really don't understand people who refuse to read the FAQ when we GIVE them the link. Having other questions it doesn't cover is one thing, but like man, seriously. Some people take actual tantrums and act like divas if you arent willing to give them a free tail or a huge discount.

I think I've had the bad end through my own business, of people who think I should tell them everything to be a mermaid in an email, but man... I seriously underestimated what tail makers go through. No wonder so many people get so stressed and snap at others. I have a whole new appreciation. They want customer service but don't even start with the basics of respect -_-

So yeah. I just had to say that. LOL. Remember how I said I underestimated how many emails she had to get through? Well I underestimated how long it takes too... wowza. haha

Mermaid Isabela
06-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Geez. Good Luck Raina... :( I hope you guys get through them fast. I usually try to answer the things people post on the Merbellas FB but it gets too much... I can only imagine the emails.

Arella
06-19-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm pretty sure my top is the one on the table in the pic, blue and gold :)

Mermaid Kalliope
06-20-2013, 03:40 AM
Yikes! That is scary, Raina. I hope things mellow a bit for her.

Ariel-Starfish
06-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Wow, after reading this; I really scared my fins off O_o I'll try and wait afther sending her an email asking if she has any updates of my tail (I email her once every 2-3 weeks, if i have questions about the process of my tail- nothing that isen't answered yet). But now I feel extremely guilty :'(

Winged Mermaid
06-21-2013, 04:35 PM
So everyone happened to order seashell bras, and at the same time? That's pretty cool! Seeing them all together I'm all :drool: Wish I could afford one right now. I'll just have to save up so I can give her all my money again :P

Mermaid Isabela
06-21-2013, 09:26 PM
I ordered mine back when I ordered my tail. c: I can't WAIT for it though!!!

Mermaid Kalliope
06-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Tail Update!!!

Not going to share any pictures (was asked not to and I want to keep it a surprise), but I got my fluke sculpture pictures! Looks amazing. Talking to her about details. :-)

SO EXCITING!!!!

XMermaidMarinaX
06-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Agreed her facebookis awful.
"DO YOU SELL THE TAILS?!" No honey, that's why you see tails they've made and sold all over her fb, and the faq. ._."
"Hi i am a 15 year old girl and i have been looking for a mermaid tail of excellent quality if you can make my dream come true i will be the happiest girl ever!!! Call _ to get answers on why"
I facepalmed at the second one truly. For one, she put her number out, two it doesn't matter the age. Three, if people would read the faq they'd know there was a way to order it, and how much it would cost... Gotta love people

Ariel-Starfish
06-22-2013, 03:18 PM
yess! <3 <3 <3

deepblue
06-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Is the Merbellas Etsy site down for everyone, or is my system glitching? I thought perhaps they're catching up on orders, so they took it down? I just wanted to peruse.

Ariel-Starfish
06-22-2013, 03:28 PM
same here, maybe they are closing it?

MerEmma
06-22-2013, 04:13 PM
I noticed that earlier and just assumed they were doing maintenance on the shop. Perhaps not.

AniaR
06-22-2013, 11:11 PM
They are prepping to move to a bigger home (which means bigger and better studio space ) soon. Raven hasn't confirmed with me why the Etsy is down, I'll try and follow up with her next time I catch her online, but it's likely!

Mermaid Kalliope
06-24-2013, 01:07 AM
Yay! Bigger space! :-) That's kind of awesome that she's able to move forward like that.

AniaR
06-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Checked with Raven, Etsy will be down for a little bit :)

deepblue
06-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Okay, thanks. I'll just keep checking back.

Ariel-Starfish
06-25-2013, 03:35 PM
146 days and all I have to do is WAIT (I'm sorry guys... I can't take it much longer :'( I want to go swimming in my tail now!! :'(

AniaR
06-25-2013, 04:56 PM
I checked the emails. Ariel, you asked to have stuff about your tail changed after you got your pics on day 120 (and haven't explained that here). That takes time and bumps you back in the line. People who approve their colours etc are going to have their tail finished before yours. Changing colours takes time (especially since Florida has been dealing with loads of rain and wind) and you wanted your seams changed, which means taking the tail apart and putting it together again. I understand you really want your tail, and it sucks waiting.... but if you didn't approve the tail and she has to repaint it and re-seam it... well, that takes time, and weather sets it back too.

Ariel-Starfish
06-26-2013, 05:48 AM
I checked the emails. Ariel, you asked to have stuff about your tail changed after you got your pics on day 120 (and haven't explained that here). That takes time and bumps you back in the line. People who approve their colours etc are going to have their tail finished before yours. Changing colours takes time (especially since Florida has been dealing with loads of rain and wind) and you wanted your seams changed, which means taking the tail apart and putting it together again. I understand you really want your tail, and it sucks waiting.... but if you didn't approve the tail and she has to repaint it and re-seam it... well, that takes time, and weather sets it back too.

I know, I know... :( But after the 120 days I asked for pictures myself and she said she stil had to paint the other side of the tail. I understand all of this but I'm getting a bit 'meh' about it. (I have Asperger, and love to have everything planned, or at least looking foreward to certain dates etc) So this is a bit hard for me :( I don't know WHEN the tail wil be finished, so I'm just paddle around to nowhere.

Mini updates would be fantastic! (Tail fully painted, seams touched uo, etc.) But I know this is impossible, cuz she has loads of work to do.

AniaR
06-26-2013, 07:45 AM
Yeah, she only paints one side of the tail until you approve the colours. Like literally, if she did the whole tail and you didn't like it then it's a waste of time and paint. Right now, it's super storming there. Loads of rain and humidity. Hence getting caught up on accessory orders since silicone won't cure and she can't go outside to paint. (Also why they'll be moving to a bigger, more ventilated, space)

Mermaid Isabela
06-26-2013, 10:52 AM
Jeez the way Florida looks, it seems like she's gonna be washed away! I hope Tyler and Raven keep themselves safe! It looks like a horrible flood AND Tornado warnings all over the place. :(

MermaidHyli
06-26-2013, 12:22 PM
I know how raven is feelin with all the rain. Being here in belize its been a constant touch and go storm and all of it hits florida head on :( hope they are doing ok.

XMermaidMarinaX
06-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Yeesh, can't imagine how the rest of florida is doing, our towns doing pretty well at tge moment

Phoenix Mermaid
06-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Hmmm...about 2 weeks ago I emailed Raven and asked her to spice up my design with hightlights or lowlights or something when she paints it. Its 20 days till my quoted time frame is up. Do you think that will add extra time on my tail?

Ciesl2ja
06-26-2013, 04:45 PM
See that's why I like Michigan. The only thing we have to worry about are blizzards and such, which still aren't so pleasant but at least they usually aren't deadly.

Merman Arion
06-26-2013, 04:50 PM
here is a new picture of the beautiful project of Raven : the Ariel tail.

my inner merman heart is crying. Raven is AMAZING because THIS, dear merfolks, is a masterpiece! :D

Ciesl2ja
06-26-2013, 04:52 PM
I just saw that project! So beautiful. I swear if I had the money I would just buy tails for everyone who wanted one.

MerEmma
06-26-2013, 06:06 PM
WOW. I hadn't seen the hip fins--SO pretty<3

Echidna
06-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Oh snap.
That looks so beautiful I want to plunder my savings and get one!

...on the other hand, I'm content with my simpler tails.
Maybe one day :)

MermaidHyli
06-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Just out of curiosity, is Raven super biast or picky of whom she choses to share pictures of? Like Isabella, Iona, and Alexis have been shared and yrt I thought perhaps with some of the pictures I've taken with turtles or sharks may appear as well but not even a peep :/ I'm just wondering if she looks for more professional shots or does she just pick certain mers to share on her page? I really dont want to sound like a jealous guppy, I'm just curious..

MerEmma
06-27-2013, 06:41 AM
I don't know of it, but I guess you could ask her if she could share something from your page. To me it just seems very random.

AniaR
06-27-2013, 09:12 AM
No she's not biased she's busy. Lol a lot of the time it's me tracking down stuff to re-share. You only see a few pages when logged in as the page and looking through timeline cuz you can't add to interest as a page. Half the stuff she doesn't see. Usually she just logs on and whatever pops up first gets shared.

Ariel-Starfish
06-27-2013, 03:46 PM
The Ariel tail and bra are GORGEUS! Like, i'm crying right now... I would love a top like that if she's making more of them <3 Like really; i'm jelous of the mermaid wo's getting that masterpiece!

Oh and another newsflash; i've sold/shipped my fabric tail today. Feeling a little bit sad, so...tail-less, but this was the only way of getting some extra money for my New tail shipping (wich i still don't know how much)

AniaR
06-27-2013, 05:23 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/943247_546861155369969_2032104062_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1044466_546854655370619_506441837_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1044243_546854652037286_1846302481_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/935237_546561875399897_269674940_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1013016_546552272067524_1946209224_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1004418_546545462068205_2004509470_n.jpg

MerEmma
06-27-2013, 05:30 PM
The fluke is SO wide, omg!

Mermaid Kalliope
06-27-2013, 06:31 PM
^_^ Saw those on her page!!! That isn't Raven, right? Who is it? *curiosity*

Mermaid Lorelei
06-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Kailani: That's' Merbella Amy.

Mermaid Kalliope
06-27-2013, 08:17 PM
*flips and splashes happily* My fluke mold is done!!! Yay! As soon as she gets her next shipment of silicone, she can start building my tail! I am one happy fish.

Mermaid Isabela
06-27-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm flipping out because I JUST found out that personalized water-based lubricant is a MIRACLE for putting those pesky neoprene tails on...! *__*

AniaR
06-27-2013, 09:38 PM
YES JUST MAKE SURE IT'S WATER BASED AND NOT SILICONE BASED OR IT'LL BOND TO YOUR SILICONE. :) friendly tip! haha

Mermaid Isabela
06-27-2013, 10:08 PM
I made sure! It's all water-based. I felt weird buying it but DAMN I DON'T Regret it!

AniaR
06-27-2013, 10:40 PM
you wont. It's great. Also, adult toy cleaner works wonders on tails too

Blondie
06-27-2013, 11:45 PM
The good thing about the rain and storms in Florida is as long as it's raining, it will be less likely a hurricane will come along. Hurricanes form when the water gets too hot. So even though it might rain every other day, at least there's no major cyclones moving in.

The Ariel tail is amazing. Best recreation of it I've ever seen. Hmmm... I wonder if Disney will see this tail and consider using Raven to make a costume for the park...

Marlin
06-28-2013, 05:03 PM
@ Blondie- You know, we are due for a bad one. We haven't had a rough one in several years.

Blondie
06-28-2013, 06:08 PM
@ Marlin: I say that every year. I thought Irene was going to be it last year (I think? Maybe two) when it was a category 4. But it took the jet stream away from us. But I'm waiting for it. I really am. The last bad hurricane I think was Floyd (For me at least). That was in 1999!! last time I've evacuated.

Marlin
06-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Im up further on the coast, Katrina, Dennis, and Ivan was my last "bad" summer. and that was.... a couple of years ago at least.

Mizuko
06-28-2013, 11:26 PM
Ariel tail/bra is just... ughhhh I want it!! XD So amazing!!

Mermaid Kalliope
06-29-2013, 12:55 AM
>< I don't know what to do with myself! So many updates haha! Eeeeeee!

*spins around happily*

Ariel-Starfish
06-29-2013, 02:41 AM
Waiting for my tail with no updates in sight, and drooling over the newest Little Mermaid creation <3

Arella
06-29-2013, 08:30 AM
I'm flipping out because I JUST found out that personalized water-based lubricant is a MIRACLE for putting those pesky neoprene tails on...! *__*

Okay so how much better compared to lotion, a wet tail, or tights? Because if it really works that well I may just have to go get some :thinks:

Mermaid Kalliope
06-30-2013, 02:10 AM
Raven has my fluke done and molded (she hasn't received her silicone yet so she hasn't cast it yet.) She has my heel and pectoral fins sculpted. I just got my sketch for the dorsal because there were two options. I just told her which was okay. @.@ This is so fast!

Raven is so awesome and efficient!! ♥♥♥

Mermaid Isabela
06-30-2013, 02:25 AM
Okay so how much better compared to lotion, a wet tail, or tights? Because if it really works that well I may just have to go get some :thinks:
... Before I needed three people and around 45 minutes. ( Wearing tights, Tail wet. And lotion. But lotion is BAD for neoprene. ) With the water-based lube. I need ten to fifteen minutes, and just myself. ;)

Marlin
06-30-2013, 02:52 AM
Wow. 45 min just to get into your tail? Really? Forgive my general ignorance.. but what makes it so difficult?

Mermaid Isabela
06-30-2013, 03:00 AM
The big ordeal is to put the monofin straps over my heels, mostly. It used to take one person to hold the fluke, another to hold the tail, and ANOTHER to reach in and pull the straps up. But with the water-based lubricant I was able to pull the straps, and the tail up all the way by myself. I'm so happy! :) It makes my life so much easier.

Marlin
06-30-2013, 03:44 AM
Sounds like when I finally get my tail ill have to get some of this stuff huh?

Ariel-Starfish
06-30-2013, 06:26 AM
The big ordeal is to put the monofin straps over my heels, mostly. It used to take one person to hold the fluke, another to hold the tail, and ANOTHER to reach in and pull the straps up. But with the water-based lubricant I was able to pull the straps, and the tail up all the way by myself. I'm so happy! :) It makes my life so much easier.

What kind of product is it? Any link to where i can buy it? :) (or picture) X

Carolina Mermaid
06-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Am I the only one who can't get onto Merbellas Facebook page? It says that the link is broken, any ideas?

MerEmma
06-30-2013, 09:35 AM
Works fine for me? Try this: https://www.facebook.com/MerBellaStudios?fref=ts

AniaR
06-30-2013, 09:43 AM
works for me, but FB is buggy

Carolina Mermaid
06-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Thanks guys it working now!

Arella
06-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Sold

AniaR
06-30-2013, 03:28 PM
it takes a while to learn to get into your tail. I can get in under 5 minutes now, usually takes Ama under 10

Mermaid Isabela
06-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Yeah it's all a learning experience...! Ariel, it's just an all natural, water-based personal lubricant. I bought it at the pharmacy. :) Just do a google search on Water-based lubricant and you will find something!

Mermaid Varshana
06-30-2013, 04:03 PM
What kind of product is it? Any link to where i can buy it? :) (or picture) X
It's water-based personal lubricant. People usually use it to make sex easier if there's a dryness problem. You can find it in any large grocery store or drug store near the condoms, which are usually near feminine hygiene products.

Winged Mermaid
06-30-2013, 04:38 PM
I just did a two day event where I had to put the tail on and take it off at least 5 times a day. Water based lube with a spray bottle full if water is AMAZING for putting the full silicone ones on. Easier than putting it on in the water, so much easier I get the wrinkles out and straightened out front fins! I chopped my nails off to make sure I wouldn't hurt anything, which is important with full silicone. Have a towel on hand to dry your hands of to pull it up all the way and get wrinkles on the outside. You can also use the towel to gently pull up to get out the winkles if nails are a concern or if you just need more grip.

Mermaid Kalliope
07-01-2013, 12:20 AM
Iona- Did you use them separately or mix the lubricant with water in a spray bottle?

Winged Mermaid
07-01-2013, 02:33 AM
I put them on separately. I tried both ways, and I found that spraying the water on your legs then putting on the lube works better than putting on the lube then spraying. I had to do it so many times that that way just seemed to work better for me. Sometimes you dry out a bit while you're getting your feet in the footpockets or pulling up the tail, so you can spray more water on and it will remoisten the lube. I usually leave the very tops of my thighs and butt till last, just because by the time you put on and pull up the tail to the point where you need it there it's rubbed off and you have to reapply :P

Mermaid Kalliope
07-01-2013, 04:49 AM
Ah! Thank you, Iona! ^_^

AniaR
07-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Iona your signature! I expect a full report when you are rested, hahahaha <3

Mermaid Isabela
07-01-2013, 11:09 AM
What Raina said!!!

AniaR
07-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Updates from Raven:

Also, their baby tail! The little stone is there for size comparison!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1044680_547713825284702_2005310283_n.jpg

MermaidHyli
07-01-2013, 12:52 PM
its SOOOO cute!!

Ariel-Starfish
07-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Looks like I missed all the fun again! :p And Isabela & Kakarotte ; thanks!

Raina: any news when Raven is working on my tail again? I know i'm bumped straight at the end of the line now, but I don't know any deadline etc.

TheSolitarySiren
07-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Is Raven also doing LEDs on the tails? I remember seeing that update about her creating one, but there wasn't a success story or anymore photos. How did that go? Will she be selling tails with LEDs as an option?

Ashe
07-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Aw, I wish I had a tail when I was little! That is one lucky merbaby :3

AniaR
07-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Is Raven also doing LEDs on the tails? I remember seeing that update about her creating one, but there wasn't a success story or anymore photos. How did that go? Will she be selling tails with LEDs as an option?

As far as I know she never had time to do a swim with it yet. She made it and got the pics and initial video of it lighting up, but then she was back to work on everyone else's orders. I'll ask though :D

Ciesl2ja
07-01-2013, 09:02 PM
I feel like Raven needs a vacation to enjoy her own mer life :)

Ariel-Starfish
07-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Ok , I know I'm whining and stuff... but I'm getting a little tail depression lately :(

Even last night I couldent sleep and only had thoughts about my tail; don't know if it's going to be alright, and thinking I may have it in september? and really EVERYONE is asking when i get 'the new tail) and it's hard for me to explane that my tail is still in the making, took apart etc). Couse i personal don't even know how far raven is atm. Even my grandparents are asking me every day when my tail gets shipped! They have a pool in their yard, and is YELLING to do mermaid tricks in it.

lol No but really, I'm having a bad feeling about it all :(
Not that i don't trust Raven or anything.
I know she's working hard and oing the best she can.
But one thing is bothering me;it seems like every week there is something new that's getting the front line instead of working on a tail (or mine) => mermaid bra's, loads of new products in the making. etc etc. and now i get the feeling I will never see my tail or she'll just send it out and what if i don't like the colors? I'm just so worried :'(

I almost feel bad that I asked to redo the seams in the first place! It was the first thing I saw when I got the pictures; a spot with one 'bited out' seam.
And I feld bad couse every other mermaid before me got a tail with hardly no seams at all.
And first of all: 1000 dollars is alot of money, so I expect to get what I payed for (NOT saying this in a rude way!)
Bassicly it's a gift from heaven that my parents even LET me spend all that money on 'just a tail'! So I just want it to be right ;)

I don't want to go in a rugh argue or fight. I trust raven totally but I just got a though moment now :( It's been more then 5 months now.

Mermaid Dottie
07-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Anticipation can be a hope killer.
Untill 3 days ago I had pretty much given up hope that I would get a full silicone tail this year, even though I had been working my butt off. I even spent the money I earned to make a neoprene tail (which got a hole in it during my second swim ):<) so that I would still have one when I gave my other one away. The rest of the money-saving and campaigning i did went to my "AshesToIreland" fund for my Mom. While I'm glad that I've raised a good chunk of money for Mom, I was really depressed, because I had an ugly tail, had shrunk out of my other one, and it didn't look like I would be in a silicone tail until my kid was in school.

Then my husband told me one night that he'll make sure I get to order one by the end of the year. We had a long conversation about it, and he rekindled my hope.

And you've got a tail on the way!!
I wouldn't be worried. She'll fix that seam the best she can, and you'll have the nicest tail for miles, and be the envy of all the fishies.
And, to top it off, You'll Look Gorgeous!!

If I can have my hope rekindled, so can you. Have Faith!

Ariel-Starfish
07-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Anticipation can be a hope killer.
Untill 3 days ago I had pretty much given up hope that I would get a full silicone tail this year, even though I had been working my butt off. I even spent the money I earned to make a neoprene tail (which got a hole in it during my second swim ):<) so that I would still have one when I gave my other one away. The rest of the money-saving and campaigning i did went to my "AshesToIreland" fund for my Mom. While I'm glad that I've raised a good chunk of money for Mom, I was really depressed, because I had an ugly tail, had shrunk out of my other one, and it didn't look like I would be in a silicone tail until my kid was in school.

Then my husband told me one night that he'll make sure I get to order one by the end of the year. We had a long conversation about it, and he rekindled my hope.

And you've got a tail on the way!!
I wouldn't be worried. She'll fix that seam the best she can, and you'll have the nicest tail for miles, and be the envy of all the fishies.
And, to top it off, You'll Look Gorgeous!!

If I can have my hope rekindled, so can you. Have Faith!

wauw, thank you! <3

MerEmma
07-03-2013, 03:05 PM
I feel kinda impatient, too, I haven't heard about my bracers in a pretty long while & my mom is wondering what's up. I've told her what's going on, but she still doesn't feel like waiting much longer. :\

Mermaid Dottie
07-03-2013, 03:08 PM
wauw, thank you! <3
You are more than Welcome, Starfish!

I feel kinda impatient, too, I haven't heard about my bracers in a pretty long while & my mom is wondering what's up. I've told her what's going on, but she still doesn't feel like waiting much longer. :\

Uh-oh. Moms can be vicious when it comes to their kids. I hope you hear from Raven soon. I wouldn't want your mom to go all "Mama Bear" on her. That kind of thing is scary.

Mermaid Dottie
07-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Thalassa Has Pictures (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.471098352973336.1073741824.339812389435267&type=3) up! (Finally!!!)

MerEmma
07-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Seems like we've waited forever for the pics! Her tail is gorgeous and the fit doesn't look *too* off.

Merrow Erie
07-03-2013, 04:22 PM
I want one of her tails in the worst way. Especially that light green one in the first post.

Winged Mermaid
07-03-2013, 04:45 PM
I know how you feel Ariel! In that last month I was all kinds of anxious and impatient. I felt bad becuase when the tail shipped I was more super anxious than excited until the day before it got to my house. It's the pre-tail freakout. Most people don't post about it but a lot of people get it! I mean, it's a lot of money to spend something on, and you want it to be worth all the saving and work you did to get the money! It's completely understandable. I also get the whole people getting stuff before you. People who ordered months after me were getting their tails months before me, and I have to admit that put me on edge a lot. But I told myself it's better to wait and have her do it right than to rush her and end up with issues. You just have to remember that once you get the tail all of that anxiety will melt away :)

Also I just wanted to say that my tail fits like a dream. I think the few missing inches at the top can be fixed if I wore a thong so I could really get it up where the bottoms snag it... god I hate thongs. I have a feeling this will be one more thing I don't like that I do for mermaiding >_<

But take this photo (By Greg Amptman's Undersea Discoveries (http://www.underseadiscoveries.com))- there's no editing on the tail. Look at that fit! You can see how well it fits in a lot of my photos. Raven FTW!

AniaR
07-03-2013, 06:02 PM
thongs are the answer. lol Emma, maybe send a new email if you haven't in a while and be sure Raven knows you want a replacement, not a refund.

Ariel, hopefully yours gets done soon! All the reasons I said before are still kinda the same thing. And Basics take longer to make cuz Raven has to do them by herself by hand without help. Hopefully it gets to you soon. I know she told me recently she was working hard to get it done and shipped out.

MerEmma
07-03-2013, 06:36 PM
I specified for sure last time I emailed her but I will be sure to send another tonight/tomorrow.

Mermaid Dottie
07-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Sometimes I wish I lived in Florida. I would SO go help her out.

AniaR
07-03-2013, 10:26 PM
she gets some help sometimes, basics just aren't ones anyone's been able to help with yet

Greg
07-04-2013, 02:26 AM
I love working with you Iona.

Mermaid Kalliope
07-04-2013, 04:20 AM
>< I have pictures and I want to share them but I can't. Haha Ooooo.... it feels so close. o.o This is weird! XD

Ariel - I know that the shell tops are a lot of orders she was a behind on, not new customers. Also, it has been raining a lot over there, so that makes it tough. Another thing is that she is waiting for her next shipment of silicone. All will come in due time. :-)

Mermaid Isabela
07-04-2013, 04:26 AM
Yep! She was just catching up on shell top orders! I ordered mine when I ordered my tail, in December. And I know Mizuko ordered hers even earlier than that. :) Raven's just catching up, don't worry!

Ariel-Starfish
07-04-2013, 06:25 AM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!! <3 Now I feel more relaxed and nor some fangirl/stalker that wants her tail badly :3

love you all! <3

MerEmma
07-04-2013, 03:30 PM
OMG<3

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1000094_549985658390852_1021448412_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=549985658390852&set=a.186311664758255.47942.178589958863759&type=1&theater

Carolina Mermaid
07-04-2013, 03:42 PM
THIS is why I want a Merbella tail

Mermaid Harmony
07-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Nooooo!!! Remember when I told you all I had a dream that Raven was like, no more Basic tails...so I made sure to email her. Well 2 weeks after I email her she posts this...so bummed.

Mermaid Dottie
07-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Yep. I'm looking at being able to order a tail (or 2, if our fortunate circumstances happen to be very, very fortunate)in the fall or winter and when she posted that, I thought, "Well, maybe later."
I'm probably going to go with finfolk or mernation at this point. (or both, if I'm very, very Lucky.)
I was considering buying a couple of basics from her, but if she's stressing about them enough that they're just too much for her, I don't want to order and add more stress.

Merrow Erie
07-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Oh my god, I thought you guys meant no more basic tails FOREVER.

AniaR
07-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Lookit!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/8e1e154c052ac478eacb9dec59c21ecc/tumblr_mpfwh5Q0UU1r0wgkuo1_500.jpg

also

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/8452_550040865051998_1210451287_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/934951_549998345056250_2077532680_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1011004_549994228389995_18830094_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/992782_549954708393947_1665547015_n.jpg

Mermaid Evolet
07-05-2013, 01:19 AM
omg whos tail is this? do we know that?
it is so beautiful i could cry ♥

Ariel-Starfish
07-05-2013, 04:32 AM
Omg the colors! <3 <3 <3 :o And as it looks from now, I'll be one of the last mers having a basic tail?

Mermaid Kalliope
07-05-2013, 07:44 AM
Raina, has anyone told you how fantastic you look? :-)

That tail is so cute with the spots. The white just seems to glow. Aaaaaa! This all makes me so anxious for my tail! I don't know who is more excited, Raven or me. She can't wait to paint and I can't wait to see it painted!

Ariel-Starfish
07-05-2013, 09:59 AM
LOOK! I found a miniature version of Raina at the aquarium store! ^_____^

Merrow Erie
07-05-2013, 10:37 AM
My future is going to consist of college debt and mermaid debt.

Mermaid Kalliope
07-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Boo... can't see the image on mobile. :-(

Mermaid Lilium
07-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Boo... can't see the image on mobile. :-(

lets see if this helps...

Mermaid Dottie
07-05-2013, 01:16 PM
HAHA! So Cute! If I may say, though, Her eyes look like yours, Kat.

MermaidHyli
07-05-2013, 02:18 PM
So sad...I've done everything Raven instructs and even OVER cared for my tail and still my dorsal tore. My waist band also has a tear but I recieved the tail with this defult and it has only gotten worse. Luckily I know my way around the silicone world so I may be able to fix it. I am a little upset that I recieved a torn tail but I figured it was the post office fault. I emailed raven before the wedding and still havent heard back. I dont really wanted to send my tail away at the peak of the summer and after only having it for a month...ill see what I can fix and of raven has any advice but with how busy she is there isnt much she can do...

Mermaid Lilium
07-05-2013, 03:19 PM
HAHA! So Cute! If I may say, though, Her eyes look like yours, Kat.

XD maybe it's the nearly blonde eyebrows? ;P hehe

AniaR
07-05-2013, 05:01 PM
RAVEN UPDATES:

- Basic tails are NOT discontinued. They are just put on hold right now while they catch up on orders because of how long basics take to make. It's easy for them to take on performance tails because they can get them done and out quicker, so until things are balanced again they aren't taking basics. They are not discontinued.

- The weather is majorly delaying tails. Attempts to work through the rain is making things not cure or work right so she ends up starting all over. She's literally, running in between the rain so she can get painting done etc. I know everyone's frustrated they're waiting so long, but over here where I live it literally has been raining for 3 months with only the odd sunny day. Florida has been getting it just as bad.

Hyli- I can tell you how to fix your tail, please email me raina@rainamermaid.com I accidentally tore mine when I first got it, and Raven taught me how to specifically fix it so it doesn't show up. Now I spot fix it all the time (mine is so thin I have a habit of poking my nails through it when pulling it up) you can reiforce the dorsal too.

MerEmma
07-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Honestly the merbella scales are so gorgeous but so fragile. I'm sure Raina will know how to help you, though, hehe. :P

AniaR
07-05-2013, 05:17 PM
also, I just wanted to remind people, I have a thread about what to expect with your first tail from a while back that might be helpful: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?4156-What-to-expect-with-your-first-tail&p=55764#post55764

shimmygoddess
07-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Fl weather sucks in the Summer! We lived in Orlando for 4 years and it would rain the same time every day! LOL

Ariel-Starfish
07-06-2013, 01:56 AM

Colors of my tail got updated! :o IT'S PERFECT!!!!!! <3 <3

Mermaid Kalliope
07-06-2013, 05:41 AM
Thanks, Kat!

Yay! Congrats, Ariel! Also, that is a cute mermaid. Mini Raina. XP Glad you finally got an update on your tail! Hope you get it soon. :-3

AniaR
07-06-2013, 11:24 AM
yay! I was chatting with Raven last night, and then literally she was like, "THE RAIN STOPPED I GOTTA GO PAINT!" lol

MerEmma
07-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Wow, I guess the rain down there is a lot more than here. It rains quite a bit here but it's obviously more there. :P

AniaR
07-06-2013, 12:15 PM
I think it's been odd all around, it literally rained here for almost 4 months straight. Parts of Canada flooded- parts nowhere near the ocean :s I think it's global warming ya'll

Mermaid Lilium
07-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks, Kat!

Yay! Congrats, Ariel! Also, that is a cute mermaid. Mini Raina. XP Glad you finally got an update on your tail! Hope you get it soon. :-3

no probelm ^_^

and ariel those colours look awesome! Can't wait to see you swim in it! :D

Ariel-Starfish
07-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm glad I got some news! :D and - YAAAAY NO RAIN! ^___^
Also here in Belguim we have some sunny weather after months of rain!

TheSolitarySiren
07-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Hey Raina, Any updates on the LEDs?

AniaR
07-06-2013, 05:02 PM
it's not a priority right now with all the orders. I don't think you'll see anything from that til Raven gets some time to work on her own projects.

Jadestone
07-06-2013, 08:55 PM
That looks lovely Ariel!! Is that a basic tail, you said? Did you get a custom fluke? So glad you got an update and you live it, since you were worried :)

Ariel-Starfish
07-07-2013, 03:07 AM
That looks lovely Ariel!! Is that a basic tail, you said? Did you get a custom fluke? So glad you got an update and you live it, since you were worried :)

Yes it's a basic tail! ^^ It's just a scalloped edge what gets you a hole new fluke style <3
I'm sooooo happy how it turned out and can't wait to get it here <3 <3

MerCat
07-08-2013, 09:44 AM
I feel like Raven needs a vacation to enjoy her own mer life :)
I totally agree, she spends so much time making other people happy, she needs some time to herself :)

Mermaid Lilium
07-08-2013, 12:08 PM
I totally agree, she spends so much time making other people happy, she needs some time to herself :)

Yup! Like a fortnight somewhere warm and dry with beautiful places to swim her little mer heart out =) The advantage is then that we get more photos of her general awesomeness :P

Ariel-Starfish
07-08-2013, 03:10 PM
New pictures on the Merbellas FB page!

Oh, and : I want one of these <3

Mermaid Kalliope
07-08-2013, 05:52 PM
I just looooooooove the embellishments she puts on her tops and accessories. :-D Just gives them that extra something.

Arella
07-08-2013, 05:54 PM
That is so pretty! Her work is just so amazing :)

Mermaid Lorelei
07-08-2013, 06:21 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1002934_493088644107392_319724254_n.jpg

Here's a quick shot of my Merbella's Octopus Top in action. The colors are just incredible, especially once it hits the water.

Mermaid Kalliope
07-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Raaaaaaa! That top, Lorelei! I love her octotops. Especially the one with the head in the middle. :3

MerEmma
07-08-2013, 06:48 PM
What do you tell kids happened to the octopus though, is my question :P
It looks gorgeous on you, though!

Mermaid Lorelei
07-08-2013, 06:49 PM
I tell them that he is my octopus friend and he likes to come out of the sea and meet people just like I do. c:

MerEmma
07-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Aha! I can see that working. :P

AniaR
07-08-2013, 07:46 PM
I totally want one too haha. I just don't know what colours would work, I don't want it to be the same colours as my tail because it would blend in!

Mermaid Lorelei
07-08-2013, 10:18 PM
^I wouldn't go green, unless you want to look like a carrot. :P

Mermaid Dottie
07-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Ringed octopus?

AniaR
07-08-2013, 10:58 PM
ahahahahah carrot mermaid XD

Mermaid Kalliope
07-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Ringed octopus?

That's what I'm gonna go with. Perfect match for my tail. :-P

Mermaid Dottie
07-09-2013, 01:45 PM
That would look really cool. I'm excited to see. I'm thinking about getting one of her seaweed tops, but I'm a...
38D according to this Vanity Fair bra that I bought at the DI (Utah thrift store), and I think her etsy listing said that it would show more on bustier mers...
I try to be super duper modest in my water-wear, and I've had a few wardrobe malfunctions with my lily pads that I would rather avoid in the future.

edit:
I just looked at the sizes on her listing. 34A to 34D.
That'd never fit. :(

Ariel-Starfish
07-10-2013, 03:01 PM
In the past her products on etsy shipped worldwide. Now it only says USA/Canada/mexico? how come? :(

Mermaid Octavia
07-10-2013, 06:11 PM
I wish her tops came in different sizes... I'm a 38C and hers are only 34... Can anyone with a Merbellas top tell me if they can be extended? Or rather, is it built on top of a bra? I really would like one but obviously would be incredibly uncomfortable in something too small for me. :(

Mermaid Kalliope
07-10-2013, 06:38 PM
If the cup size isn't the problem and yoi just need a few more inches, you can buy a bra extender. It can turn 32 into 34 or a 34 into a 38. They come in different lengths and are sold anywhere bras are. They are a strip of bra material with hooks and eyes.

Just one I quickly found:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000864T2

Ariel-Starfish
07-11-2013, 05:50 AM
Why does her products only ship to the USa/Canada and Mexico? :(

Mermaid Octavia
07-11-2013, 10:15 AM
If the cup size isn't the problem and yoi just need a few more inches, you can buy a bra extender. It can turn 32 into 34 or a 34 into a 38. They come in different lengths and are sold anywhere bras are. They are a strip of bra material with hooks and eyes.

Just one I quickly found:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000864T2

BUH! I didn't know such a thing existed!

/FAILS AS A GIRL

Thank you so much! This means my dream top is available to me! EEE!

Sephina
07-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Why does her products only ship to the USa/Canada and Mexico? :( I'm pretty sure she ships anywhere that will pay for it, you probably just have to send her a little note stating you want to buy something, and where you are and she will adjust it for you.

Ariel-Starfish
07-11-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm pretty sure she ships anywhere that will pay for it, you probably just have to send her a little note stating you want to buy something, and where you are and she will adjust it for you.

Before her Etsy went down, you had the option to choose 'worldwide' on any item you wanted to buy. That's how I ordered my bracers. I really hope this gets fixed soon <3

MerEmma
07-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Ariel I'm sure you'll get your stuff, but it might be Raven just trying to cut down on orders, maybe? I don't know but I can't see her completely not accepting orders outside the US general area.

Mermaid Kalliope
07-11-2013, 05:08 PM
BUH! I didn't know such a thing existed!

/FAILS AS A GIRL

Thank you so much! This means my dream top is available to me! EEE!

So glad I could help! ^__^

Mermaid Octavia
07-11-2013, 06:56 PM
So glad I could help! ^__^

You have no idea how happy you've made me. :hail:

Mizuko
07-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Octavia, if you contact her she can make a top for you in your bra size, so you wont have to buy bra extenders :) I asked for a different size than listed because I've got a small back/big boobs and she made it for me :)

AniaR
07-11-2013, 08:20 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/995926_554278357961582_779405753_n.jpg

funny behind the scenes:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/934958_553090394747045_1656117863_n.jpg

MermaidHyli
07-11-2013, 08:26 PM
That tail...blows my mind

AniaR
07-11-2013, 09:19 PM
I asked Raven about some stuff you guys brought up...

1) She still ships world wide, Etsy changed, and it's auto-defaulted now to not show worldwide. She's working on changing it, but yes, she does ship worldwide (but friendly reminder from ME that shipping fees can be more expensive and remember customs can hold your stuff)

2) She DOES do other bra sizes, it's just easier to only list a few. She does do different band sizes, and she can do up to a D cup but NOT higher at the moment, you just need to put that in the comments section on Etsy.

Mermaid Danielle
07-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Absolutely beautiful! That tail ... <3

Mermaid Octavia
07-12-2013, 11:13 AM
I am so saving up for a Merbellas tail. I'll sell a few dolls and when this freelance gig pays off, I'd only be about $1200 off. eeeeeee

And thank you, Raina, for asking those questions for us!

AniaR
07-12-2013, 06:34 PM
I try to ask stuff from the forum when I can. Raven has helped me out soooo much, it's nice to return the favour and help communication going!

Mermaid Kalliope
07-13-2013, 06:25 AM
Raina, you are so amazing. :-) Taking on part of Raven's load. ^_^

Ariel-Starfish
07-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Thanks for letting us know Raina! <3
By the way: I'm still keeping my eyes on the mailbox for your signed card ^^ hehe. It's been 2-3 weeks? Looks like this card is making a trip around the world! :D lol

AniaR
07-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Yeah I sent it a while ago but only sent it regular mail, I'm not sure how long that takes. Usually when I send stuff to the states regular mail it's 1-2 weeks. But customs may have it too who knows.

Elle
07-14-2013, 01:57 AM
post on merbellas wall.......please measure both legs...LOL :lol:

AniaR
07-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Indeed. As quoted from the post:

Hey guys,
Just a friendly reminder please measure around BOTH legs if you want BOTH legs to fit into your shiny new mermaid tail. We are not responsible for incorrect measurements. We can only make tails to the measurements YOU provide us

You laugh, but it happens :p

Also, Raven let me know they're changing internet providers because they've been recently having loads of issues. She's managing a lot of the online stuff right now from her phone instead until everything gets sorted out this week. So you may not get a prompt reply from her etc until it's sorted out. It took her a day to send me a message because it wouldn't go through!

Mermaid Momo
07-14-2013, 01:56 PM
^ when I saw that notice from Raven I laughed so hard. I've never heard if anyone only measuring 1 leg before.

Elle
07-14-2013, 06:13 PM
You laugh, but it happens :p

I'm sure it does happen.....but it doesn't stop it from being just a little bit funny. I had a good giggle when it came up in my news feed!

Phoenix Mermaid
07-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Omg! I saw on merbellas instgram she did a basic/performance hybrid? :jawdrop:!
Coloring is freakin beautiful! But i think we need the skinny on the hybrid?

AniaR
07-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Oooh I know. lol not sure If I'm allowed to say yet though, I'll ask :p

MerEmma
07-14-2013, 08:12 PM
My own personal guess is someone WANTED it neoprene lined and paid more to have it neoprene lined, but with the detailed fluke (maybe due to buoyancy comfort, mostly doing outdoor?) I dunno. Just guessing entirely. :P

Phoenix Mermaid
07-14-2013, 08:13 PM
It's driving my crazy how great the color looks on that tail. I have a hunch on what the construction of the hybrid might be but wow I can't wait till Raven lets you tell us!
I'm so giddy too...I keep hitting refresh on instagram hoping a photo of my tail will be next

AniaR
07-14-2013, 08:15 PM

AniaR
07-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Nope. I checked. And she's excited to reveal this and more soon. So you're all going to have ti wait. Haha.

p.s. it will be for sale ;)

p.p.s I can tell you it's performance scales, with a basic fluke.

Phoenix Mermaid
07-14-2013, 08:34 PM
I knew it!

MerEmma
07-14-2013, 08:46 PM
The opposite of my own guess, haha! I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Mermaid Isabela
07-14-2013, 09:31 PM
You guys don't know how much I want that tail... <3 <3

Mermaid Harmony
07-14-2013, 09:39 PM
I think I just inked. That looks sooooo beautiful...Oh heres to hoping this is like the new 'basics' and it'll be under 3,000 and pry more than 1,000, but YES!!! Because I love love love the performance scales.

Jessica
07-14-2013, 10:28 PM
This is so pretty! The fluke is similar to mine...I LOVE the raised ridges!

Mermaid Kalliope
07-15-2013, 09:19 PM
*grins* I know at least one of the things she's excited to reveal! :-P

Phoenix Mermaid
07-15-2013, 09:24 PM
:( i want to cry...she's selling the hybrid galaxy tail.... its sooo gorgeous *crieshereyesout*

Mizuko
07-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Times like this I wish I had a spare $2000 XD

MermaidHyli
07-15-2013, 09:48 PM
gosh darn my small hips...other than that I could have the tail =[ She said she would be willing to change the measurements if no one buys it. If not I'm sure she will be making more =] and that tail will go to one lucky fish!

Ciesl2ja
07-15-2013, 10:40 PM
What are the measurements anyway?

Jadestone
07-15-2013, 11:03 PM
I have to say, I like this fluke much better than the other basic fluke--the lines on it go back to the base instead of meeting in the middle.

That's the same fluke design Ariel Starfish got, isn't it? Or am I making things up >.<