PDA

View Full Version : Merbellas Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Abyssalmer
08-20-2013, 11:43 PM
I didnt mean to offend you, I was just trying to say that innovation and originality doesnt come from the store, if she wanted to impress me she would have created them from scratch, i paint so i can appreciate artist imperfections and if she just copies something that is already perfected that doesnt make me think shes using her own ideas in every other point of tailmaking. that's just my opinion. no offense meant.

Anahita
08-20-2013, 11:48 PM
I didnt mean to offend you, I was just trying to say that innovation and originality doesnt come from the store, if she wanted to impress me she would have created them from scratch, i paint so i can appreciate artist imperfections and if she just copies something that is already perfected that doesnt make me think shes using her own ideas in every other point of tailmaking. that's just my opinion. no offense meant.

I didn't realize Raven was trying to impress you....

Abyssalmer
08-20-2013, 11:56 PM
I was just using "you" as a general statement referring to persons including myself, she doesnt have to impress me as an individual but as a business she needs to draw us, potential customers.

I didn't mean to stir anything up, I can see some of you are very touchy when it comes to raven so I'll just not put my head where I dont know all the details. good waves! :)

Phoenix Mermaid
08-20-2013, 11:57 PM
I'm stalker status on this thread now waiting for the retaliation comments.... :drool:

Anahita
08-20-2013, 11:59 PM
I'm stalker status on this thread now waiting for the retaliation comments.... :drool:

Lol, Pheonix :)

Mer-Crazy
08-21-2013, 04:03 AM
I've found people who are on team Raven... (that needs to be a T-shirt) are very protective and loyal to her. She does seem to be a genuinely wonderful person, so mush so people are willing to overlook flaws she may have (such as extreme waiting times). It's all individual preference, I've had friends tell me I'm crazy for wanting to go back to her after waiting 3 months over the time I expected my tail to be done, but I keep telling them it's not about the time it's about what I like and I like her work, so I'd go back to her every time.

AniaR
08-21-2013, 06:39 AM
Unfortunately, I am not a fan of ravens, I kind of lost interest in her when a friend showed me her rubber necklaces and then showed me that she used crown molding from Home Depot to make them, i want to get something that hard work and sweat and time went into, not something store bought. it's just not something I look for in a tailmaker, I was thinking of going to mermaid shelly! she seems like a sweetheart!

She doesn't use crown moulding. I know her process for making them, and you are wrong. People guess at how she makes her stuff all the time on here, and they're usually wrong, but I'm not at liberty to correct them because I'd then be giving away her process which undermines her business. To assume "hard work and sweat" doesn't go into her stuff, is just plain ignorant. Hard work and sweat goes into EVERY thing *most* tail makers make. I also always find posts like this interesting, because the people behind them usually *don't* own something by the person their complaining about. Also, you must find people who use starfish and seashell molds lazy too?

And honestly, people assume Raven is like tail makers who just want to reach a bigger and bigger audience, make loads of cash, and throw out lots of tails... when she really isn't. Raven cares more about artistic insight, creating individual and new tails, and she has more than enough business for one person. People make the mistake of assuming tail makers all have the same goals, and then they feel self entitled to get what they want based on something they've dreamed up in their head and affixed to someone. Many tail makers, not just Raven, do tail making more as a labour of love. MVD is a perfect example. The guy isn't interested in a huge tail making business. He takes on the tails he's interested in, works several jobs, and even used to go to school at the same time. Mermaid Shelly is actually another example too. She works hard to create unique visions- not pump out off the rack tails as quickly and as frequently as she can. You just can't even lump people together.

Also, it's one thing to judge from online and compare tail makers, it's a whole other thing to have actually owned a tail by a different tail maker and physically be able to compare them. I have had 4 different tail makers, soon to be 5. I just find the community as a whole is quick to mark "quality" as the exact same thing as "style"

AniaR
08-21-2013, 06:45 AM
I also want to say, I don't see people pick apart other tail makers work quite like Ravens. You just don't see these same types of opinions and observations around anyone else. And I think that's honestly because so many people have seen so much bad stuff go down in the mer community they worry about tails like this being "too good to be true". When really, I think people need to have a more accurate expectation level for the tail they are buying and from whom, instead of expecting them to all be equal (especially people wanting the cheaper ones by any tails maker to be just as good as the expensive ones). I think this is a big reason why most tail makers barely visit the forum.

Mermaid Fenicia
08-21-2013, 07:08 AM

So you make your own paint and paper/canvas (and all other materials) to make your art from? Or do you buy them ready-made?

AniaR
08-21-2013, 07:24 AM
FYI the two of you waiting for tails they are being sent today.

Mermaid Evolet
08-21-2013, 08:57 AM
ohh so excited to see the tails in action ^^

btw I'm only 1.000$ away from my tail so i hope i can order by the time around december. ;)

Abyssalmer
08-21-2013, 09:11 AM
Since everyone seems to be in attack mode, let me just clarify with this, these are two of the "mermaid" accessories she's sold in the past. And a matter of fact, I do make my own paint and paper, it's completely organic and biodegradable. Thank you :)

http://www.lowes.com/pd_35200-81562-3364PKWHW_4294715695__?productId=3041866&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo=

http://www.lowes.com/pd_34163-81562-3074PKWHW_4294715695__?productId=3041789&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo=

AniaR
08-21-2013, 10:20 AM
I kinda felt your comment to be attacking. I don't think anyone attacked you. Replied with their opinions and I replied with facts. But I also used it to springboard onto other issues I felt important to address. So if that came off as attacking I apologize.

Phoenix Mermaid
08-21-2013, 04:30 PM
FYI the two of you waiting for tails they are being sent today.

Yay! :yay: Thank you for the update!

Mermaid~Summer
08-21-2013, 05:18 PM
:D

AniaR
08-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Yay! :yay: Thank you for the update!

It wasn't even cuz I reminded her, it was already the plan. She had to deal with some rush orders and it gets tricky taking so many orders and gifts to the post office and not getting them mixed up. So excited for you both, can't wait to see them!

Mer-Crazy
08-21-2013, 08:24 PM
I feel as if Phoenix Mermaid and I shall always share some kind of strange bond... Mermaids with their tails shipped at the same time. One mermaid of the Phoenix and one of the Moon and Stars... and this was a weird post and exactly why one should not do so right after waking up... <3

Phoenix Mermaid
08-21-2013, 08:38 PM
It wasn't even cuz I reminded her, it was already the plan. She had to deal with some rush orders and it gets tricky taking so many orders and gifts to the post office and not getting them mixed up. So excited for you both, can't wait to see them!
Anyhow, thx anyways ^-^ I bet it's pretty interesting to see her ship all those mermaid tails and accessories out lol

I feel as if Phoenix Mermaid and I shall always share some kind of strange bond... Mermaids with their tails shipped at the same time. One mermaid of the Phoenix and one of the Moon and Stars... and this was a weird post and exactly why one should not do so right after waking up... <3

Eeekkk! I'm so freakin excited! Awh I feel like that too! <3 We're tail buddies lol
I think that sounded pretty cool though... "One mermaid of the Phoenix and one of the Moon and Stars"

Ariadne
08-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Congrats ladies! Remember, we must see pics! :)

Gem Stone
08-21-2013, 08:45 PM
what's Raven's choice?

Phoenix Mermaid
08-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Oooo! Raven's choice is the option of having Raven completely design your tail. Color theme, extra fins, ect. She does it, and I think that it can be a surprise to you if you want.

Anahita
08-21-2013, 08:52 PM
what's Raven's choice?

I actually think it's just that - giving Raven a picture of yourself and letting her make the choice/decision for you about the colors.

Whoops, Edit: Pheonix already answered that. :)

Phoenix Mermaid
08-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Congrats ladies! Remember, we must see pics! :)

So happening! And videos too!

Mer-Crazy
08-21-2013, 09:15 PM
@Phoenix- We shall have to meet up at some point, even though we are on opposite sides of the world! One day...

Phoenix Mermaid
08-21-2013, 09:26 PM
@Phoenix- We shall have to meet up at some point, even though we are on opposite sides of the world! One day...

lol ^_^ One day...

Ariel-Starfish
08-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi everyone! I haven't been around quite dome time :) (2 weeks maybe?)

I have some new pictures from one month ago but haven't got the time to upload and/or editing them :p

Here's one of me and my nephew taking most of the pictures :D haha

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/Mermaiding/IMG_3872copy_zps2d04eb14.jpg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/Mermaiding/IMG_3872copy_zps2d04eb14.jpg.html)

@ Raina: Any news when my Ariel top and Glue is going to be send? Otherwise I'll send out an email :) It's been a few weeks scince Raven said it was nearly finished ^^

Mermaid Kalliope
08-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Wow... uhm... I've been gone for a while. XD

I'm rapidly approaching my 120 day mark! The excitement is there, but not in full force. I haven't heard much from Raven regarding my tail, so I'm still in the dark. I know she's super busy right now, so I'm being a good fish and staying patient. :3 When I get to see pictures, you guys will definitely know!

Congrats girls on your tails shipping out! I, too, can't wait to see pictures and videos! It's all so very exciting!

As for the small but of drama that surfaced, my two clams is that artists come in different forms. Some make all of their materials, some are ingenuitive and are able to use materials they have found to make beautiful pieces of art. I know Raina said that Raven makes the "moulding" you mentioned, but even of she didn't, the girl was resourceful.

You can't expect every artist to make their medium. I'm an artist as well. I don't make my paper, brushes, pencils, etc. I can't. I don't know how and I don't have the money or resources to do so. I can't make the seashells I use for clips, but I can arrange them artistically and embellish them with other items I have purchased. Also, how can you expect a sculptor to make their own marble? Or a blacksmith make their own base metal? Or a wood carver to make their own wood? It just doesn't always work that way.

So, if you don't like her stuff, don't buy it, but please judge when you have facts from a reliable source.

/end rant

(Sorry, I kinda had more to say than I thought... Ehehe ^-^;;)

Talia
08-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Please excuse me if I am completely clueless about this, but...

I was talking to Raven just yesterday about ordering a top, but now her shop on Etsy has disappeared, and I cannot see the listing or send messages. Anyone know what this is about, or any other way I can reach her? I tried messaging her on Facebook.

AniaR
08-22-2013, 05:46 PM
@ Raina: Any news when my Ariel top and Glue is going to be send? Otherwise I'll send out an email :) It's been a few weeks scince Raven said it was nearly finished ^^

She's been super busy with rush orders, so yeah I'd send a friendly email reminder. She's trying hard to get everything organized and shipped out before the big move :)

I was talking to Raven just yesterday about ordering a top, but now her shop on Etsy has disappeared, and I cannot see the listing or send messages. Anyone know what this is about, or any other way I can reach her? I tried messaging her on Facebook.

She's had a problem with her etsy going down before :( I'll let her know!

Elle
08-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Since everyone seems to be in attack mode, let me just clarify with this, these are two of the "mermaid" accessories she's sold in the past. And a matter of fact, I do make my own paint and paper, it's completely organic and biodegradable. Thank you :)

http://www.lowes.com/pd_35200-81562-3364PKWHW_4294715695__?productId=3041866&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo=

http://www.lowes.com/pd_34163-81562-3074PKWHW_4294715695__?productId=3041789&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo=

so what if she did....no one is telling you "hey! BUY THIS AND BUY IT NOW!!!!! She makes pretty much everything else (that is made from silicone) from scratch. I don't think anyone else is that critical. Those tops look amazing regardless. And if you feel that because of her using a decorative piece of molding she is a terrible human being then I really think that's your problem and something the rest of us don't need to hear about.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

BTW guess what! she doesn't tie the netting by herself or craft sea shells or plastic plants. She gets them from a craft store! **GASP** SHOCK HORROR!!!!!!:jawdrop:

:lol:

Talia
08-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Raina,

Thank you so much! I sent her the "ideal" message suggested in the FAQ of her Facebook page, since I didn't know if she would remember me. I'll just wait for a response, I guess. I am in no hurry anyway.

I did not know she was moving, so I get that she will be busy - I do not come here as often as I should, I have to remedy that...

AniaR
08-22-2013, 06:21 PM
it's always weird how people pin Raven against everyone too. Like I don't see anyone else going "finfolk vs mertailor!" or something you know?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/emma_stone.gif

The thing about right now is Raven is busy but so am I >.> lol. I usually get through all the messages and I am just too worn out to stay on top at the moment =( sorry folks!

Anahita
08-22-2013, 06:40 PM
For a tailmaker that seems to be pretty consistent in making her clients happy, it is REALLY strange that she gets dragged into stuff. I mean, it seems like because she DOES do so well, and on so large a scale, that other tailmakers need to create fake drama to detract from the fact she makes a good product and tries to the best of her ability to provide good customer service.

I mean, all the other tailmakers that get drama over their product actually created the drama by themselves (neoprin and Alex Plus from the Mertailor, continually taking orders and never producing products or refunds from FishButts and Adam Martyn are the first three things that come to mind)... But it doesn't seem like Raven's done anything like that at all.

AniaR
08-22-2013, 07:05 PM
I find it hard not to get defensive for her, just because I see how hard she works. She does things other tail makers that are at her level dont. If a customer doesnt like something about a tail she changes it, if something happens that's the customer's fault she STILL fixes it, she even gives free presents, gives full refunds even after the tail has been created. It gets under my skin, because I feel like people are just waiting for her to drop the ball and it puts too much pressure on a person to be perfect all the time. But then they'll complain she's not fast enough :( Raven gets complaints like every other tail maker does (if they tell you they don't, they're lying, I've read and been told bad reviews for every major tail maker) I think the difference is she does everything humanly possible to make the customer happy in the end. Personally, I think she needs to put some boundaries down with people. Too many people wreck their tails out of their own ignorance or sometimes even laziness, and expect her to fix it. They have the wrong expectations of what you can do in a tail and how long it should last and wear and tear (that's why I made that thread a while back for what to expect with your first tail purchase). I also get upset when people message her constantly and get rude and demanding, when it says right on her page she's in the process of moving and changing the tails and lowering the price so she's not taking any orders. if people can't be bothered to follow the very bare rules she's set out for ordering, I don't think she should respond to them at all. But she's awesome, and tries to do it all for everyone all the time. :p

Ugh I could rant forever. I try not to get too defensive of her, and let her work speak for itself because it really does. But man, the demands of the mercommunity in general are kind of crazy lol

Anahita
08-22-2013, 10:43 PM
I don't think it sounds defensive... I mean, defensive (at least how I learned the word) always had a negative connotation to it.. Like, you politely point out a valid flaw with someone and then they can't handle it, so they get defensive... You know? All the flaws people point out with Raven seem minuscule compared to some of the other problems people have had with other tailmakers.

I mean, wait times... Seriously,.... THAT'S people's problem? They should try working with silicone. I live in Southern California, where the weather SHOULD be ideal for it (not too humid, not too arid, not too hot, not too cold, etc.) and I STILL have problems with it.... There's STILL days I can't work with stuff like I want to. I mean, honestly, silicone takes forever to cure, and depending on how many molds she has to work with, plus the weather, plus REPLACING molds (which has to unfortunately be done too) plus rush orders.... (I don't even think there should be a "rush order" option, honestly, because I feel like that's just entitlement from people with unrealistic expectations as it is, but look, she's nice enough to offer it! Sheesh.)

You know something too that bothered me... I watched her get to 10,000 likes, and when she thanked everyone, the most frequent theme of comment underneath it was "So how about that free tail you were mentioning?"

Like, seriously? **sigh** I dunno, maybe I'M getting defensive over her too, lol. But I see all the work she puts into her things, and as a craftsperson myself who works with the same materials, I really empathize with her.... And to see people kind of behave with no civility towards someone who works VERY hard to give them their dream piece... Just not cool I guess.

AniaR
08-22-2013, 10:45 PM
she still wants to do the free tail too, but she has paying customers and rush orders that take priority. :/

Arella
08-22-2013, 10:50 PM
My experience with Raven's tails has been great! I love my tail :) I'm going to do a review soon as I get my tail back from her! It was a bit short and she said she could add to the top which I am extremely grateful for! I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience :)

Anahita
08-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Sounds reasonable to me.... That free tail has to be paid for somehow!

Mermaid Lorelei
08-22-2013, 11:06 PM
You know something too that bothered me... I watched her get to 10,000 likes, and when she thanked everyone, the most frequent theme of comment underneath it was "So how about that free tail you were mentioning?" Yeah, I noticed that trend, too, Anahita. I made sure to post something sweet for her.

Mermaid Evolet
08-23-2013, 10:45 AM
You know something too that bothered me... I watched her get to 10,000 likes, and when she thanked everyone, the most frequent theme of comment underneath it was "So how about that free tail you were mentioning?"

Like, seriously? **sigh** I dunno, maybe I'M getting defensive over her too, lol. But I see all the work she puts into her things, and as a craftsperson myself who works with the same materials, I really empathize with her.... And to see people kind of behave with no civility towards someone who works VERY hard to give them their dream piece... Just not cool I guess.

Now I'm feeling bad for even asking, (even if I congratulated her too) :$
You know the problem is , that she said it and people (myself included) are now expecting her to really do what she said. (hope that makes sense, ohh my bad english...)

I totally get your point too, and i agree with you, you know?
If I were the lucky one with the "free tail" I still would pay her everything I saved for my tail (about 2 000 $), because her art is just to wonderful to just being made for free...

MermaidHyli
08-23-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm just going to add my little voice here.
Raven has been very kind to me personally. Maybe some of you know my dorsal tore and was coming off and we discussed fixing it when I thought I was going down to merpalooza but that didn't happen. I ended up taking the dorsal off because I was doing a birthday party and I didn't want the kiddies to rip it off and do more damage. I just recently went to a meet up and we did a video where you could see that I no longer have a dorsal. Raven messaged me from her personal facebook to discuss details of how it happen, making sure the whole tail wouldn't do that, and ensuring me that this is not the norm. I was a little ticked when the dorsal started coming off but I've learned to just deal with things until they can be taken care of. If any one asked me what happened, such as kids, I tell them I was swimming too close to a boat and got hit by the prop (like a manatee). But even with that story Raven wants to fix it so in October when I get surgery I'm sending it down to get fixed up. She was very insistent that she fix it whether adding the dorsal back on or fixing the scales and repainting it. Every one is entitled to their own opinion which seems to be the trend topic these days so I for one have really enjoyed my experience with Raven and support her as my tail maker and will continue to support her.

Merrow Erie
08-23-2013, 11:35 AM
It all comes down to this 'me first' attitude and people's expectations for instant gratification. One of my cousins learned about mernaiding not long ago, and she's been one of those asking for silicone tails for free. Not anymore after I found out.

Thanks to technology, people can be like 'oh, I want that thing', and three clicks later it's on its way. They don't realize, let alone appreciate, the time and effort that goes into making these tails. Silicone is expensive and tricky, not to mention how hard Raven works to create the painted designs her customers want. Tails don't come off an assembly line, that's REAL craftsmanship. It takes time and effort.

I've got a jar of spare change, and that's the sum of my tail fund. But I'm willing to wait as long as it takes to save up for one of Raven's tails, because I know she will make it worth every cent.

Merman Arion
08-23-2013, 12:11 PM
HAIL TO RAVEN :D

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maxq1vgxWv1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Moongazer
08-23-2013, 04:01 PM
I love Raven's work but I doubt I'll buy from her again anytime soon. I just felt so... Ignored buying a set of the bracers that, even with the PM's I sent regarding the messages and the colors they still turned out huge on me and the wrong colors.

Not trying to be a wet blanket, her work is amazing. But I ended up selling the bracers to my friend because Raven wanted me to ship them back to her (I'm in Canada, shipping would have been 20+) and it wasn't worth it when that's almost half the price of the bracers to begin with.

I'll admire her work from afar. ^^

MerEmma
08-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Aww, I'm sorry. I had the same issues with my pair but I returned them and had them replaced for nothing but shipping. ):

AniaR
08-23-2013, 04:57 PM
shipping to Canada really... really... sucks. I hear you on that one moongazer. :(

Ariel-Starfish
08-24-2013, 04:16 AM
ehm, did I miss something? what's all the drama with Raven about?:confused:

Mermaid Lilium
08-24-2013, 05:57 AM
ehm, did I miss something? what's all the drama with Raven about?:confused:

someone came in and made comments about her that stirred the hornets nest so-to-speak

AniaR
08-24-2013, 08:52 AM
someone made a fake account for the purpose of bashing others basically :p

Ariel-Starfish
08-24-2013, 12:39 PM
What the? That's just stupid! -_-' :/

Mermaid Lilium
08-24-2013, 01:21 PM
What the? That's just stupid! -_-' :/

happens all the time. A certain person or people have a vendetta against her for some reason.

Phoenix Mermaid
08-24-2013, 01:26 PM
I hit the 160 day mark today and still no word from Raven on shipping my tail :sad eyes:
I think my poor brain is starting to shrink from constant over excitement x_X lol

Ariel-Starfish
08-24-2013, 02:51 PM
I hit the 160 day mark today and still no word from Raven on shipping my tail :sad eyes:
I think my poor brain is starting to shrink from constant over excitement x_X lol

Don't worry! You will have your tail ^^ Mine was 174 days before shipping. I know it sounds hard but it's worth it!

Ariel-Starfish
08-24-2013, 02:57 PM
And speaking of it; I think i'll put some effort in making a decent review :D

@ Raina: can I use your review as a sorth of template? (Tail design, Ordering, waiting time, etc etc. ) I'm not that good at writing at all so I want some guide line. :)

Phoenix Mermaid
08-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Oooo... I can't wait to write my review! And do my unboxing video! And swim in my tail! :jawdrop:

Anahita
08-24-2013, 04:13 PM
I can't wait for the new tails to get to their owners so I can see the unboxing videos and swim videos :drool:

AniaR
08-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Raina: can I use your review as a sorth of template? (Tail design, Ordering, waiting time, etc etc. ) I'm not that good at writing at all so I want some guide line

my guide to writing a review is actually stickied in the review area

Mizuko
08-24-2013, 08:57 PM
I dont know if its ok to post this here, but I swam yesterday in my Merbellas basic tail/shell bra/accessories :)
It shows you how well the neoprene-line tail moves in the water! The top is just gorgeous too!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgo7Q7t9YUM

MerEmma
08-24-2013, 09:04 PM
You silly Aussies and your different weather. I got so confused at first about weather. :P Both you and the tail are SO gorgeous! <3

Mizuko
08-24-2013, 09:19 PM
haha, its true! We are opposite and it gets confusing! XD haha! The only good thing is I'm able to snap up Summer sales from the Northern Hemisphere in preparation for our Summer! haha!

AniaR
08-24-2013, 10:13 PM
lovely!!!

MerEmma
08-24-2013, 10:28 PM
haha, its true! We are opposite and it gets confusing! XD haha! The only good thing is I'm able to snap up Summer sales from the Northern Hemisphere in preparation for our Summer! haha!

Never considered that perk before xD

Blondie
08-25-2013, 01:35 AM
Mizuko you look so real under water. Man you can hold your breath!

Talia
08-25-2013, 05:48 AM
Mizuko, that's a beautiful video. I love how elegantly you move underwater; and I loved how you did your hair :)

I can't wait to get my seaweed top from Raven :p...

Merman Arion
08-25-2013, 06:17 AM
I dont know if its ok to post this here, but I swam yesterday in my Merbellas basic tail/shell bra/accessories :)
It shows you how well the neoprene-line tail moves in the water! The top is just gorgeous too!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgo7Q7t9YUM

I'm very sad... WHY can't we have such marvellous pools as big as yours to swim in my fucking french country???!! WHY?! :sad eyes:

You can even open your eyes underwater and swim with your natural hair while we have rules such as wearing a fucking bathing cap and a mask to protect our hairs and eyes from the chlorine. And our pools don't look that clean either...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mblozzwLon1rr39mf.gif

Oh yeah, otherwise, lovely video.

Mermaid~Summer
08-25-2013, 08:42 AM
I don't even know where there are any pools that large with such a large deep end anywhere near where I live either :/ I wish I could find one.
French Merman, you should move to a cooler country :) Not that I have anything against France but if you can't even swim the way you want to I say blow that popsicle stand and move to the U.S. :D

WavyMermaidy
08-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Mizuko you look so real under water. Man you can hold your breath!

Agreed...Mizuko you look fantastic :)

Mizuko
08-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Thank you everyone! ^_^
This is a recent pool, they made it for the world swimming championships a few years ago, so its soooo much cleaner and deeper than the old lap-laned one I used to swim in (can probably tell the quality of the water from my old swimming videos!)

I was surprised at how heavy the shell bra was (well- duh, Mizuko, it IS real shells!!) but in the water, it fits nice and snuggly- no water resistance! Which was awesome, cos in the past I have made my own shell bras and they were a real drag (haha, see what I did there?!). Raven even added some beautiful swarovski crystals to it <3

Miyu
08-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Mizuko, I love your video! You look just lovely in your tail and accessories :) And your mer-personality is so cute! It really shines through even underwater :)

AniaR
08-25-2013, 08:37 PM
you've really got the breath holding down!

Mermaid Myu
08-25-2013, 08:44 PM
Oh my cod, Mizuko, you are so adorable and your Merbella set is stunning! <3 <3 <3

Mahi Mermaid
08-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Mizuko, you look great underwater! Can hold your breath for a long time too!! Awesome video! thanks for sharing!

Ariel-Starfish
08-26-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm very sad... WHY can't we have such marvellous pools as big as yours to swim in my fucking french country???!! WHY?! :sad eyes:

You can even open your eyes underwater and swim with your natural hair while we have rules such as wearing a fucking bathing cap and a mask to protect our hairs and eyes from the chlorine. And our pools don't look that clean either...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mblozzwLon1rr39mf.gif

Oh yeah, otherwise, lovely video.

I know what u mean... I swim my laps in a public pool with a really deep area in it, sadly they won't alloud meraid tails, or flippers :(

Ariel-Starfish
08-26-2013, 11:05 AM
@mizuko : I've seen the video erlier this morning and loved it! ^^ You are so elegant! I can barely open my eyes underwater x(

Marlin
08-27-2013, 04:22 AM
@ Raven- I sent in my request just a few moments ago. I followed the "Ideal Order" template- and the subject reads READY TO ORDER (REALLY!) I know Raven is busy, but I've been saving for quite a while for this, and am serious about the commitment and purchase. Would you let her know to keep an eye out for me? Thank you!

Marie-Josie Cayer
08-27-2013, 05:51 AM
French Merman, never though moving into the province of Québec, here in Canada? We are a french speaking province and we have beautiful pools here so you can swim freely in winter?

AniaR
08-27-2013, 07:27 AM
I can marlin but they haven't announced that they're taking new orders yet.

Gem Stone
08-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Hey um, just wondering if anyone who's got Facebook has heard anything more about Raven dropping her tail prices?

AniaR
08-27-2013, 11:32 AM
She's planning to announce it when they start taking orders again. Lots of changes they're gearing up for once they finish current orders and move. For anyone emailing and pming they've been super busy and so am I so I haven't had a chance to check messages.

Marlin
08-27-2013, 11:37 AM
@ Raina- Thank you, and I understand that; and you had told me earlier that I should still e-mail her anyway. (who knows, maybe she's in a good mood this morning right? :) )

Merman Arion
08-27-2013, 12:02 PM
@ Raina- Thank you, and I understand that; and you had told me earlier that I should still e-mail her anyway. (who knows, maybe she's in a good mood this morning right? :) )

Marlin, are you serious here??
You are not the only one waiting for Raven to take new orders again. Why would you be an exception?
I apologize for saying this but if Raven take your order because "she's in a good mood", this is going to be quite unfair to the others who are waiting as well, maybe longer than you. :(

No hard feeling but you gotta wait like everybody does.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2zu3wZG1x1r4fuk0.gif

AniaR
08-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Lol I don't think he meant it quite like that.

Mermaid Caspiana
08-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Am I correct that I saw Raven said that she is able to do custom fluke designs (and of course colors)? And what is this that I'm hearing about her dropping prices? Also how long about is the waiting list?

PearlieMae
08-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Lol I don't think he meant it quite like that.

You are such a diplomat! <3

Marlin
08-27-2013, 03:09 PM
@ French Merman- I didn't mean to step on anybody's toes here. Just a little over-excited. Didn't mean to offend.

Merman Arion
08-27-2013, 03:16 PM
@ French Merman- I didn't mean to step on anybody's toes here. Just a little over-excited. Didn't mean to offend.

I figured. No problem ;)

:highfive:

Marlin
08-27-2013, 03:24 PM
yay- everybody is friends again :D

Merman Arion
08-27-2013, 04:04 PM
yay- everybody is friends again :D

We were fighting?? I didn't know

Let's do the make-up sex then ;)

http://media.tumblr.com/189fdcc9318b60eea1c3f434cf256998/tumblr_inline_mgo8214cOE1r4fuk0.gif

Marlin
08-27-2013, 04:12 PM
@ French Merman- I think I'll pass mate, Miss Marlin would kill me; or beat me up. Either way- wouldn't be good for my health.

AniaR
08-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Pfttttt haha

Merman Arion
08-27-2013, 04:26 PM
@ French Merman- I think I'll pass mate, Miss Marlin would kill me; or beat me up. Either way- wouldn't be good for my health.

Right, we can't afford to lose another merman. :doh:

how about a handshake then? :D

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mafzccCuq61r4fuk0.gif

Marlin
08-27-2013, 08:58 PM
That I can do! and in lieu of one of your signature gifs- (I lack your massive stock pile that you seem to be pulling these things from)

so a smiley highfive will have to do
:highfive:

Mermaid Kalliope
08-28-2013, 02:21 PM
As for custom flukes -

Yes, she can do them. She will work with you on getting the design, shape and texture right. Though, as a heads up, she doesn't do *exclusive* flukes. By that I mean, she will make a custom fluke, but it will be added to the list of flukes they offer to clients. Something that wasn't expressed to me in the very beginning. So, hope that helps. I also hope it doesn't deter you from getting a custom fluke design.

As for the reason why, is that it would cost the company too much to only use the fluke mold once. Which I totally understand, but I wish had been expressed to me earlier on. :-/

Merrow Erie
08-28-2013, 02:59 PM
I love everyone's unboxing and swim videos. Someday I will have one of my own. And it will be full of expletives.

Mermaid Myu
08-28-2013, 08:19 PM
As for custom flukes -

Yes, she can do them. She will work with you on getting the design, shape and texture right. Though, as a heads up, she doesn't do *exclusive* flukes. By that I mean, she will make a custom fluke, but it will be added to the list of flukes they offer to clients. Something that wasn't expressed to me in the very beginning. So, hope that helps. I also hope it doesn't deter you from getting a custom fluke design.

As for the reason why, is that it would cost the company too much to only use the fluke mold once. Which I totally understand, but I wish had been expressed to me earlier on. :-/

I'm not on the waiting list for Merbellas like many of the people in this thread, but I'm asking out of sheer curiosity: is this her absolute policy? I imagine there must be some amount of money which would make an exclusive fluke possible. I'm talking about paying for more than just a custom design; some sort of additional fee that guarantees exclusive use of the fluke shape.

Mermaid Caspiana
08-28-2013, 09:28 PM
As for custom flukes -

Thank you! That helps me very much for hopefully the future. :)

Mermaid Caspiana
08-28-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm not on the waiting list for Merbellas like many of the people in this thread, but I'm asking out of sheer curiosity: is this her absolute policy? I imagine there must be some amount of money which would make an exclusive fluke possible. I'm talking about paying for more than just a custom design; some sort of additional fee that guarantees exclusive use of the fluke shape.
I don't know anything about this, but either unless she is really nice (which I know she is but even more so) or your ok with probably paying a lot more, would it be worth it to Ben pay that much? And funny thing I notice most often. Everyone usually picks the trademark Metbellas style. But anyways. I'd like to know his as well.

Winged Mermaid
08-28-2013, 11:46 PM

You can ask. I know Mike Van Daal will make a custom mold for X amount of dollars and destroy the mold afterwards for X additional amount.

Mermaid Harmony
08-29-2013, 01:27 AM
Soooooo....just got my TAILLLLLL!!! Soooooo excited!!! I can't upload to mernetwork at the moment because my computer is refusing to resize pictures, so if you want to see them go to www.facebook.com/mermaidharmony and they are all there!!! Fits well, the waist is a tidge smudge (no more ice cream for this mergirl), and the thighs are a little big but the rest fits perfectly and the colors are life changing, and the everything is awesome, and it's glittery, and iridescent, and so amazing. Plus I didn't rip it my first time in, which has been haunting me forever that I'd do that. Lots of water and lots of lube to make sure my legs got in and it all rolled up okay. So HAPPYYY!! Photoshoots in the next two weeks! Also, competitor monofin hurts way way way way way less than oceanika, but my feet can't go straight, so theres extra pressure, but I'm so happy! I'll post my unboxing video soon, it's a lot of me going, ooo, holy patroli, OH MY WOW, what the woah, glitter!!!,, woah check that out...etc. :-D

Mizuko
08-29-2013, 01:48 AM
Harmony, your tail is amazing!!! XD so pretty!! I love the pearly creamy colours around the waist <3

Miyu
08-29-2013, 03:06 AM
I actually think it's kind of neat that there are similar flukes - as in from the same mold, painted different, and on different mers. I feel like if there were actual mermaids, there would be "fluke types" and such, like how fishes and cetaceans and such have typical fluke shapes.

I do think that if you tell the tailmaker you're willing to pay a massive amount of money for a one-off fluke, it should definitely be an option (if you're willing and able to pay that much), but I can totally understand why it should cost a boatload for a totally custom fluke, now that I'm seeing everyone's processes for molding and casting these awesome impressive things...

Gah I am LOVING the tails here mers! Merbellas does such beautiful work, and I love the little scale hearts :)

Harmony and Mizuko, I had to "like" you on FB because of your pics, haha!

AniaR
08-29-2013, 07:41 AM
It looks amazing on you.

Mermaid Myu
08-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Congrats Harmony! It looks amazing!

MerEmma
08-29-2013, 10:06 AM
WOW! It looks so good on you! I wasn't sure how it would look, as I just love the colors on your Fishbutt tail. It looks AMAZING! Congratulations! :D

Ariel-Starfish
08-29-2013, 10:26 AM
Your pictures are to cute, Mermaid Harmony! :D The tail looks stunning on you <3

PearlieMae
08-29-2013, 10:43 AM
It is a gorgeous tail and the color scheme is beautiful! Swim in it in good health! You look so beautiful!

Arella
08-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Looks great!!!!

Mermaid Danielle
08-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Harmony, I absolutely love your tail! It is amazing!

Ariel-Starfish
08-29-2013, 11:11 AM
Btw, I shared a picture of you on my FB wall ^^ Your pictures make me smile! :D

Blondie
08-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Harmony!!! Those colors were MADE for you! It doesn't look big at all on you. It looks like it fits like a glove. Congratulations!!!

Mermaid Harmony
08-29-2013, 10:12 PM
Thanks guys!! I'm going to go swimming on Saturday, I'm so beyond stoked!! I'm formatting my unboxing video tonight, so that should be up on the youtubage site soon!

lynsea
08-30-2013, 12:38 AM
Does anyone know who this is? I would LOVE to see more of this tail. The style is so unique and the execution is, of course, flawless.

Mer-Crazy
08-30-2013, 12:40 AM
So I thought (since I'm getting my tail soon) I'd ask other mers with a BASIC tail from merbella's how their's is holding up further down the line. The basics haven't been around as long as the performance but I'd still like to see a few basic tails that have been around 6 months or so?

Anahita
08-30-2013, 12:54 AM
Does anyone know who this is? I would LOVE to see more of this tail. The style is so unique and the execution is, of course, flawless.

That's Mermaid Hyli. I LOVE her new Merbella tail!
http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?6089-Photo-Shoot-with-Chris-Crumley&highlight=chris+crumley

Mizuko
08-30-2013, 01:21 AM
My basic tail is holding up really well, Mer-Crazy :) I've had mine since Feb, swam in it a lot- and since summer is almost here, a lot more to come! haha! I've had no issues with it other than I noticed the VERY top of the inner seam of neoprene began to come apart, so I hand-sewed it back together. It wouldn't have torn very far, though, because the silicone is holding it in place. I just do the basic tail-care; you'll need a good tail-drying rack or something that will keep it open so that the neoprene will dry- it can take a day or so for it to dry out completely. And I wash it every time after use with diluted vinegar, to avoid any mould that might happen while the damp neoprene is drying! No colour fading, or tears in the silicone at all :) Still feels and looks brand new! ^_^

Marlin
08-30-2013, 01:27 AM
That's very comforting to know. I would hate to spend that much on a tail, only to have it fall apart. Would be heart-breaking.

Mermaid Harmony
08-30-2013, 02:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeyC0vlGvls
My unboxing video! And I totally thought that Mermaid Hyli was a mertailor model, and I was like that looks like a merbellas tail, but the photo is like all of the mertailor photoshoots. Beautiful and stunning.

Anahita
08-30-2013, 03:41 AM
Yeah, same photographer as the one that the Mertailor hired for his official website photos. Chris Crumley is REALLY good. His photography is just beautiful, and from what I've heard, he's been doing mermaids for quite some time (which explains how he can pose the models so well!)

I'm totally jealous Hyli got to work with him! (But jealous in a good way!)

AniaR
08-30-2013, 06:08 AM
It doesnt help mertailor didnt credit Hyli when he shared the one in his tail, and Chris didn't credit merbellas either, so people only knew when they saw Hyli's post!

Harmony, you're adorable

halesloveswhales
08-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Oh my gosh guys, I'm just seeping with envy right now. These Merbellas tails are SO beautiful!

MerEmma
08-30-2013, 01:18 PM
It's SO gorgeous, Harmony and you have a lovely voice<3

shimmygoddess
08-30-2013, 04:39 PM
gorgeous tail!!!! :)

Phoenix Mermaid
08-30-2013, 06:36 PM
:jawdrop: RAVEN TOOK MY TAIL TO THE SHIPPING STORE TODAY!!!!!! :yay:
If UPS doesn't screw it up I'll have it tomorrow! And if they do, then it's free!
Going freaking crazy over here LOL :rotfl:

Mermaid Harmony
08-30-2013, 06:42 PM
Yay Phoenix! Thanks Emma and Raina, :) I was so excited so I spoke lots of mushy excited words that don't really make sense, so I'm glad you guys liked it.

Thalassa
08-31-2013, 09:08 PM
I've still been stalking this thread, guys, sorry for being absent for a while. I'm so excited for everybody getting their tails and looking forward to them!

I need advice:

I'm sending my tail in to Raven to get touched up/added to later this month. Yay!

In the time since getting my tail and top, I've had a couple of issues with it. It's cracking and breaking. Now, let me stress that this isn't Raven's fault! I, apparently, don't know the size of my own boobs. I've been cramming my apparently C-size boobs into a AA cup all my life. An A bra is usually okay, but since Raven's top is silicone and silicone doesn't stretch as far as stretch fabric...it's beyond its tolerance. This is causing it to break. At the same time, I ended up making a "skirt" to lengthen the top since I wasn't specific about what I'd like.

My dilemma: I need a new top. The crack in my top is widening, and while I know it likely wouldn't break wide open my top is no longer as modest as I prefer it. My modesty is a big part of my persona, and it's gotten me many a gig. Now, I don't want to jump in to Raven and say, "Put me at the front of the line!" Especially since I know she'd have to make an entirely new top. However, she's the only one who can paint my top to match my tail, and she's making more scales for my tail anyway...but on the other hand, I don't know for sure that a C size top wouldn't be too big...and I don't know if she could even do a top as long as I'd really like to have it...I'd really like it tankini-style so that there's no skin showing between my top and tail, but I have no idea if she could base it off a tankini or bodice type thing rather than a bra, and I know she's probably far to busy to experiment...

GAH. This is all going round and round in my head. The only thing I know for sure is that crack in my top is getting wider. :-S

((EDIT because I forgot to add that OF COURSE I'd pay for it, I don't expect Raven to make me a free top just because I don't know my boob size. XD))

MerEmma
08-31-2013, 10:17 PM
I recommend taking your exact measurements and just using reddit.com/r/abrathatfits to see what size you are. Maybe go shopping, try on some bras to see exactly what fits. If you find bras that fit like you want them to, I don't think it could go wrong (too easily). Good luck and I'm sorry about your issues!

Hehe, I always thought I was an A...and I am. :b

Thalassa
08-31-2013, 10:23 PM
Did that. Problem is that I'm between sizes, sort of. Cs are a teeny bit roomy, Bs are a bit too snug. But I've learned that silicone tops fit a bit differently than bras and don't have the give a bra does...so I'm not sure whether I should ask for a B or a C. I don't want gaping, but I don't want cracking again, either. XD

MerEmma
08-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Are you sure about the band sizes? If you're between, I think it's generally better to go with the tighter one if it's not too tight. Sorry I'm not of more help, but the people at r/abrathatfits are amazing at sizing and stuff so I totally recommend posting there (doesn't even require an email!) and seeing what they can do for you.

Ariel-Starfish
09-01-2013, 06:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeyC0vlGvls
My unboxing video! And I totally thought that Mermaid Hyli was a mertailor model, and I was like that looks like a merbellas tail, but the photo is like all of the mertailor photoshoots. Beautiful and stunning.

Adorable video! :D

Miyu
09-01-2013, 07:09 AM
Thalassa, you bring up a very good point! Seems I will have to very accurately measure my chest area for my tailmaker... I've never been able to find a bra that fits totally right, and I'm either a C or D, so now I'm all worried about measuring for tops... I never even thought about the fact that silicone has a different "give" than bras or swim tops!

Also, yay for modest mermaids! :D (It's like Modest Mouse, but fishier)

AniaR
09-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Can you use an extender that's what I did

PearlieMae
09-01-2013, 10:37 AM
For a bit more modesty, I made this top for a dry gig (parade), but I have had a swim in it...not the most hydrodynamic, but it covered my tum and upper arms. All I did was sew an "apron" of fabric to the bottom of a well-fitting bra, and affixed all the shells and stuff with GE silicone caulk. (I also covered the white bra with the same fabric and added half circles of fabric for sleeves. I just tucked it in and pinned it inside my fabric tail.

Maybe you could make something like this, or embellish a one piece swimsuit to wear under your tail?

Mermaid Cascada
09-01-2013, 11:05 AM
For a bit more modesty, I made this top for a dry gig (parade), but I have had a swim in it...not the most hydrodynamic, but it covered my tum and upper arms. All I did was sew an "apron" of fabric to the bottom of a well-fitting bra, and affixed all the shells and stuff with GE silicone caulk. (I also covered the white bra with the same fabric and added half circles of fabric for sleeves. I just tucked it in and pinned it inside my fabric tail.

Maybe you could make something like this, or embellish a one piece swimsuit to wear under your tail?
Pretty!!!

Phoenix Mermaid
09-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Got my tail YAY! It's amazing I love it! The colors are great and very shinny in the sun, and the glitter in is just wow. You can't see the glitter in my vid but it adds a very nice touch.
The tail is a little big around my hips and waist...But I think it has to do more with my shape (I also gain and lose a very few noticable inches with little weight loss/gain.)

Edit: I just double checked my measurements with the measurement I sent to Raven and the measurement of my tail.
ALL measurement are correct and accurate so.....it is just my shape... Everything from the knee down though fits nice and tight.
I don't mind it being a little loose, I was more concerned with it being too tight to get over my butt because of the difference in measurements from my butt to waist.

But here's my unboxing video for you all. Please excuse my excitement squeeks and winded talking lol

http://youtu.be/VKpf9m-8oLI

Phoenix Mermaid
09-01-2013, 01:13 PM
awh! and youtube has yet to change my thumbnail for the video so it's not my butt in the camera :headwall:

Mermaid Oshun
09-01-2013, 01:23 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!
That thing is GORGEOUS!!! And the top is just stunning! It is so pearly and shiny
Wo! I am so happy for you Phoenix and very glad you're pleased
Enjoy

Ariel-Starfish
09-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Lovely unboxing video :D

i really like the tail becouse of the unique color sceme ^^

Mermaid Oshun
09-01-2013, 01:36 PM
I want to see you in it all!!

Phoenix Mermaid
09-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Thx guys.... I was so amazed. This tail is has been my dream in the making the last 2 years. It came at a perfect time for me also as my grandmother is about to pass away soon and I have to go say my last goodbye to her today.(I'm very devistated over it) (tail came yesterday) So it was also very nice to have something amazing like this happen this weekend. Raven is simply amazing and she was so very kind and helpful throughout the entire process.

Phoenix Mermaid
09-01-2013, 01:40 PM
I'll have a short swimming clip up soon and I'm getting photos done tomorrow hopefully

Ariel-Starfish
09-01-2013, 02:34 PM
​what program did u use for editing the video? :)

http://youtu.be/VKpf9m-8oLI[/QUOTE]

Mermaid Evolet
09-01-2013, 04:16 PM
i love the unboxing video
haha your giggling and squeeking was so cute ;)

Thalassa
09-01-2013, 04:32 PM
You are all so good at unboxing! :-)

Thanks for the advice, all! To my surprise, Raven contacted me this morning to try to work out what we could do about my top. Our current theory is that I could send a tankini top that fits well and she could scale it. I was blown away that she contacted me! As always, she's just amazing to work with. I'll keep you guys updated on what we do and how it turns out! ;-)

Ariadne
09-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Such a gorgeous tail and top! Congratulations!

Phoenix Mermaid
09-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Lol I was sooo happy haha. Thx everyone.
@Ariel Starfish....I used a program on my notebook called Windows Live Movie Maker

Merrow Erie
09-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Words cannot describe how much I want a Merbella tail with the angler fluke. It's perfect for the freshwater look I'm dreaming of...

For now, my tail fund is a jar of change. But it's a start! I'll scrimp and save as long as it takes, it will be so worth it.

Mer-Crazy
09-01-2013, 08:52 PM
You are all so good at unboxing! :-)

Thanks for the advice, all! To my surprise, Raven contacted me this morning to try to work out what we could do about my top. Our current theory is that I could send a tankini top that fits well and she could scale it. I was blown away that she contacted me! As always, she's just amazing to work with. I'll keep you guys updated on what we do and how it turns out! ;-)
If you look way back on her page you can find a photo of Mespha in this scale/corset kind of thing. Would something like that be more to your liking?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=353029031419850&set=pb.178589958863759.-2207520000.1378083048.&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-frc3%2F541114_353029031419850_224394342_n.jpg&size=669%2C960

Merley
09-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Oh god, all the tails in this thread are making me green with envy. SO. MUCH. WANT. I made a bet with my friend over who has the highest GPA upon graduation, loser buys the winner a tail. Fingers crossed. Six months from now I might be up here too.

Miyu
09-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Harmony: OMG I love your tail! It looks like an extremely colourful Rainbow Trout! :P SO MUCH COLOUR.

Phoenix: I totally love yurs too, I think it fits you so well, and OMG Octopus! Those match so well, without being matchy-matchy (because you'd have to be a lucky mermaid to have an octopus the same exact colour as your tail decide to cover your chest LOL). And ooh, extra goodies :D

Anahita
09-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Phoenix: I totally love yurs too, I think it fits you so well, and OMG Octopus! Those match so well, without being matchy-matchy (because you'd have to be a lucky mermaid to have an octopus the same exact colour as your tail decide to cover your chest LOL). And ooh, extra goodies :D

Lol, don't octopus change colors to camouflage though?... Although, I guess that would more likely mean the octopus matched her skin rather than her tail in that scenario.....

Miyu
09-01-2013, 10:51 PM
LOL that's true, Anahita :P

Phoenix Mermaid
09-02-2013, 01:50 AM
Here's a short clip of my first swim. I don't feel like it should count as my first swim. Pool was crowded so I only got a few good swims in as the kids moved around. My toes are so blistered though because the monofin is much heavier than what I am use to. My feet are a little small in the monofin so they moved around alot. I'll have to buy some neoprene socks or see if I can find the straps and tighten them. But I do love the competitor being in my tail its awesome! I could not image how heavy the performance tails are lol
I also have to replay this conversation I had with a little girl while swimming...
Girl: Did you make your tail?
Me: No, I'm a real mermaid, this is what my adult tail looks like. (she's seen me swimming in my fabric tails, and I played as a merling)
Girl:........Do you know Ariel?
Me: Yea! I've met her before.
Girl: Do you know her fish friend?
Me: You mean Flounder? Yea I've met him too! Also Sebastian! And all her sisters too!
Girl: Are you one of her sister!?
Me: No. I'm from a different pod than her, but she's my friend.
Girl: ......Can you tell her "Hi" for me!?
Me: Sure... What's your name?
Girl: Kylee
Me: Ok I'll tell her Kylee says "Hi"
And we continued on a bit more, her asking me questions like that. It was so adorable! I loved it ^-^ I love being a mermaid! It's the best!

Ok....so here's the video finally lol

http://youtu.be/FqS_R1dfZcY

Winged Mermaid
09-02-2013, 02:21 AM
That's so amazing Phoenix! I know your tail is a basic but it actually looks like a performance tail :jawdrop: *secretly jealous* ;)

The competitor doesn't have adjustable straps. BUT I'm a size 6 1/2 (I can wear down to a size 5 though) and the small competitor is made for 7.5-9 W so it's pretty big on me- my feet blistered the first time swimming cause of my feet moving around so much too, as well as lack of control of the fluke- and 2 pairs of 2mm neoprene socks made it a perfect fit :) So I'm sure you'll find some neoprene socks will fix you up great ^_^

Nausicaa
09-02-2013, 02:28 AM
Wow Phoenix is absolutely beautiful!

I remember seeing that tail on the merbella's facebook page while Raven was still working on it and thinking that it was so awesome, but I guess that I just never made the connection that it was YOUR tail haha.
Seriously it's one of the most unique colors that I've ever seen, congrats! :highfive:

Anahita
09-02-2013, 03:19 AM
Oh Phoenix, that tail is PERFECT on you! I love that you played up the mermaid thing with the little girl, I bet that totally made her day!

Marlin
09-02-2013, 03:55 AM
Phoenix- IT's beautiful! and it looks great on you and in the water. TOTALLY jealous over here :) Can hardly wait to get one of my own.

Phoenix Mermaid
09-02-2013, 03:57 AM
@Iona....oh thanks for that tip! I haven't been able to feel any straps in there so that explains it. My feet are 6-7ish so I'll try the same as you to get me started on the socks (: lol

Thank you all for the compliments! I cannot believe how well the tail looks in real life! I was standing there just looking at it going... "wow...and this is her BASIC tail :jawdrop: ...there's nothing basic about it!" Raven's photos just don't do justice to her tails at all! I'd probably have a heart attack if I ever saw her performance tails in real life. I don't know how you girls lift those things when your out of the water. I have some serious muscle to build haha

That little girl just loved it! As she swam away I could hear here telling the other kids that I was a real mermaid hehe <3

Miyu
09-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Phoenix, that tail looks great in the water! And you can really swim pretty fast in it! :D I think it matches you perfectly, it's so "your" tail, haha. I love your story about the little girl...

Actually, that's kind of funny to me, because one of my fabric tails is going to be based on one of Ariel's sisters (Arista), LOL.

Mer-Crazy
09-02-2013, 05:19 AM
Looks like it's the day for Merbella basic tails. Thought I'd share my videos, my tail arrived a few hours ago but it became too dark to swim in so I'll have to try again tomorrow :)

I had to travel to my tail, so this was before I left the house:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W8Bk6lVWCc

And here's my unboxing video (excuse the snickers add in the back)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk0BrIwYKRc&amp;feature=youtu.be

Miyu
09-02-2013, 05:31 AM
Aww, Selene, you're so cute! That is one fin-tastic tail you have there! YAY! :D

Phoenix Mermaid
09-02-2013, 05:37 AM
Mer-Crazy your videos are so adorable and your tail looks amazing!!! I can't wait for more photos and swim videos! =D

Phoenix Mermaid
09-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Phoenix, that tail looks great in the water! And you can really swim pretty fast in it! :D I think it matches you perfectly, it's so "your" tail, haha. I love your story about the little girl...Actually, that's kind of funny to me, because one of my fabric tails is going to be based on one of Ariel's sisters (Arista), LOL.Thank you, I think Raven really brought my design to life. And once I get some neoprene socks for it swimming will be much easierOooo please post photos when your done with the tail so we can see it!

Mermaid Kelda
09-02-2013, 09:16 AM
It felt kinda weird hearing an Aussie accent on here, Selene xD
Your tail is amazing! :D

Mermaid Oshun
09-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Selene your tail looks magically enchanting and Phoenix yours it utterly exquisite! I am so pleased for both of you ladies and have the utmost respect for Merbella's artistry as well as that of the many other artists in the mer community.
Enjoy both of you!

PS Selene I did notice in your video that the line of demarcation where the monofin ends is visible in this product in the same way that it is in the tails produced by other tail makers. So I guess this is just a given with mermaid tails that you will see where the monofin stops inside the fin if you look for it. That little point is irrelevant because the tails are both absolutely gorgeous !

Thalassa
09-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Love the unboxing, Mer-Crazy!

Phoenix, I'm totally jealous of how you did that little flip from your back to underwater...I'm trying to practice flips and it isn't going well. XD You made it look effortless!

Mermaid Syrena
09-02-2013, 09:28 AM
The both of your tails are absolutely stunning! You two will make a pair of pretty little Merbellas mers. :) I loved watching both of your unboxing vids- the excitement was infectious, lol.

AniaR
09-02-2013, 09:36 AM
looking lovely ladies.

My trick for blister prevention and swimming if I do have blisters, is to put HOCKEY TAPE around the part of my feet that blisters. It prevents the blisters, and helps new ones keep from being irritated.

Mer-Crazy
09-02-2013, 10:47 AM
PS Selene I did notice in your video that the line of demarcation where the monofin ends is visible in this product in the same way that it is in the tails produced by other tail makers. So I guess this is just a given with mermaid tails that you will see where the monofin stops inside the fin if you look for it. That little point is irrelevant because the tails are both absolutely gorgeous !
I noticed it as well. Luckily it seems to be a rare thing with Raven's tails. I haven't been able to find another one where you can see the monofin. Just my luck I suppose. I haven't had the best luck when it comes to Raven but hey, it's art. I couldn't have asked for more, so I'm happy with it :)

Mermaid Kelda
09-02-2013, 11:05 AM
I noticed it as well. Luckily it seems to be a rare thing with Raven's tails. I haven't been able to find another one where you can see the monofin. Just my luck I suppose. I haven't had the best luck when it comes to Raven but hey, it's art. I couldn't have asked for more, so I'm happy with it :)
I actually didn't even notice it, so don't stress!

Mermaid Oshun
09-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Yes I suspect it has something to do with having a competitor fluke inside of a silicone tail maybe? I am not certain. But in the sake of total objectivity I wanted to take a look at how the fluke shows through the tails of both Merbella and Mertailor equally. I will post photos of other vendors flukes too if I find that others have this issue.
Merbella fluke showing line of demarcation with monofin
Mertailor fluke showing line of demarcation with monofin
So I imagine it is just as I said. You WILL see where the monofin ends if you look for it inside the silicone. This is not to take anything away from either tail. Where as Raina said:

I'm pretty biased against Eric. My only criticism of the tail is that you can see the monofin (or is it two fins?) right through the fluke, and I wouldn't spend 2k+on a tail where you can see that.

I would not make such a harsh statement. I would take the more objective stance that you WILL be able to find where the monofin cuts off if you search for it.

ALL of the tails are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. So my language must be unbiased across the board with all vendors.

Thalassa
09-02-2013, 11:28 AM
It may also have something to do with the basic tails vs performance. My tail is a performance tail and my fin is pretty much one solid piece...and I haven't noticed a line like you have. I'd be interested to see if the line is more pronounced in one type of tail than the other.

AniaR
09-02-2013, 11:58 AM
I think basic vs performance have always been different, I think having a competitor monofin makes a difference.

Phoenix Mermaid
09-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Thank you all very much for the lovely comments (:I'll have to buy some hockey tape till I can get neoprene socks. That will help out today because I don't think any of my normal socks are thick enough, even when doubled a few times.Oh and you can kind of see the end of the monofin in my fluke too... I don't think as much as Selene's though.Hmmm...... I think the tail coloration may have a small part to play in. Selene's tail is so much darker so maybe it makes that line pop out a little more ?

Phoenix Mermaid
09-02-2013, 12:00 PM
I think if anyone notices the line and asks about it I'll tell them that it's the end of my fluke bone lolI agree I think the competitor makes a big difference in the tails

AniaR
09-02-2013, 12:14 PM
I would not make such a harsh statement. I would take the more objective stance that you WILL be able to find where the monofin cuts off if you search for it.

Sorry, not in my tail, not at all. Because the monofin is cut and the silicone doesnt go past the monofin like in his. I still think merbellas look better because the lines in the basic tails are closer to the end, the silicone doesn't run much further. I wouldn't buy a tail from anyone where you could clearly see the outline of the monofins in the center of the tail like that (also, not sure why you'd quote me from a different thread in different context, or why this is an issue for you to begin with) it looks too much like how you see monofins inside of fabric tails. I think if you're paying that much for a tail, it shouldn't be so obvious.

You honestly can't tell me you can see a line in my fluke, because there is none. My entire fluke is stiff, because the entire thing is monofin. The monofin doesn't end in the centre of the tail.

Monofins make a difference, here's an example:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1150400_681213648580048_1449907775_n.jpg

On the left is my mermaid creations tail that I didn't buy. It has a foil monofin, very small, only takes up a small space of the fluke. while it gives the floppy look, you can very clearly see the monofin unless I photoshop it out. Now, if the fluke was made to only be the size of the monofin, you wouldn't see it.

On my tail on the right, the entire fluke is solid except for the tiny tips on the end which are only silicone with nothing inside them, and intended to be floppy so the stiff fluke has a semblance of flow.

My fluke, straight up:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1004652_666511796716900_1653826623_n.jpg

SO here's what I'm saying, let me make it clear so it isn't misconstrued. Monofin makes a difference. If you're paying 2k+ for a tail, I think you should get a competitor monofin inside your fluke. Cheaper smaller monofins are fine if you know that's what you're getting, and you understand that if the fluke is bigger than the monofin, you'll see monofin lines and the monofin will be more apparent. You're trying to compare a 2500$ mertailor tail, to a 1000$ neoprene and silicone and smaller monofin merbellas tail. They aren't the same tail, by a long shot, so it's pretty unfair to compare them. And while Merbellas are constantly improving their tails, it's not like they photoshop them and hide the differences. I think the issue with merbellas is that she puts the same amount of work into basic tails as she does performance, so too often people can't tell the difference. So I stand by my statement, I wouldn't spend that much money on a tail from anyone, where I could see he monofin like that. Hence option for the performance version from merbellas.

Basic VS Performance:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/602839_465593206830098_989406660_n.jpg

A basic tail:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/484879_533977989991619_313791060_n.jpg

An oceanika monofin with silicone not extending past the monofin
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575289_506485722740846_385011388_n.jpg

One of the very first basic tails she's ever made, notice how ever since then she's made the flukes to match the monofin size instead (this photo is over a year old, and the tail is older than that, again basic, 1000$ tail, told upfront the monofin you're getting)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/484150_381702815219138_482729219_n.jpg

Aziara
09-02-2013, 12:40 PM
I must watch too much H2O, I didn't even know Selene had an accent until I read this comment, lol. Then I was like... "Oh yeah, she DID have an accent."

MerEmma
09-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Sorry, not in my tail, not at all. Because the monofin is cut and the silicone doesnt go past the monofin like in his. I still think merbellas look better because the lines in the basic tails are closer to the end, the silicone doesn't run much further. I wouldn't buy a tail from anyone where you could clearly see the outline of the monofins in the center of the tail like that (also, not sure why you'd quote me from a different thread in different context, or why this is an issue for you to begin with) it looks too much like how you see monofins inside of fabric tails. I think if you're paying that much for a tail, it shouldn't be so obvious.

You honestly can't tell me you can see a line in my fluke, because there is none. My entire fluke is stiff, because the entire thing is monofin. The monofin doesn't end in the centre of the tail.

Monofins make a difference, here's an example:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1150400_681213648580048_1449907775_n.jpg

On the left is my mermaid creations tail that I didn't buy. It has a foil monofin, very small, only takes up a small space of the fluke. while it gives the floppy look, you can very clearly see the monofin unless I photoshop it out. Now, if the fluke was made to only be the size of the monofin, you wouldn't see it.

On my tail on the right, the entire fluke is solid except for the tiny tips on the end which are only silicone with nothing inside them, and intended to be floppy so the stiff fluke has a semblance of flow.

My fluke, straight up:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1004652_666511796716900_1653826623_n.jpg

SO here's what I'm saying, let me make it clear so it isn't misconstrued. Monofin makes a difference. If you're paying 2k+ for a tail, I think you should get a competitor monofin inside your fluke. Cheaper smaller monofins are fine if you know that's what you're getting, and you understand that if the fluke is bigger than the monofin, you'll see monofin lines and the monofin will be more apparent. You're trying to compare a 2500$ mertailor tail, to a 1000$ neoprene and silicone and smaller monofin merbellas tail. They aren't the same tail, by a long shot, so it's pretty unfair to compare them. And while Merbellas are constantly improving their tails, it's not like they photoshop them and hide the differences. I think the issue with merbellas is that she puts the same amount of work into basic tails as she does performance, so too often people can't tell the difference. So I stand by my statement, I wouldn't spend that much money on a tail from anyone, where I could see he monofin like that. Hence option for the performance version from merbellas.

Basic VS Performance:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/602839_465593206830098_989406660_n.jpg

A basic tail:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/484879_533977989991619_313791060_n.jpg

An oceanika monofin with silicone not extending past the monofin
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575289_506485722740846_385011388_n.jpg

One of the very first basic tails she's ever made, notice how ever since then she's made the flukes to match the monofin size instead (this photo is over a year old, and the tail is older than that, again basic, 1000$ tail, told upfront the monofin you're getting)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/484150_381702815219138_482729219_n.jpg

Dunno why but I really loved this post, haha. It was just a nice post. :P

Although your tail doesn't have any monofin line, it does have the ridges (which I know Raven has since fixed) and I know those would bother a lot of people if she still hadn't covered those up. Your tail still looks amazing, though!

AniaR
09-02-2013, 12:59 PM
what do you mean ridges? the things in the front? Yeah, mine was the first silicone tail so she hadn't figured out how to cover them yet. She actually didn't cover them, she just painted it darker so it hides them better. I don't see the ridges in other tails. (if that's what you're referring to!)

Mermaid Oshun
09-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Raina thank you for that explanation of how taking the monofin core all the way up to the end of the silicone will avoid their being a line of demarcation because they end at the same spot. And I can see in your tail how the monofin ends at the yellow part and the only floppy part is the small orange and black tip on each corner.
As you say, your whole fluke is stiff. I might add with the exception of the orange tips on each side. That being said I must say that I personally do not like a stiff fluke. I like the wiggly parts on the tip ends of your fluke that make it feel possibly alive instead of a hard board on your foot.
I LOVE how a long fluid part flows in the water past the stiff monofin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sFJ5V4CCsg

MerEmma
09-02-2013, 01:04 PM
It's all about preference! Myself, I'm more fond of the stiff flukes than the flowy ones. That's the best part about monofin choices, haha.
I think MVD is the only one who achieves the "absolutely no monofin" look due to the fact that there is none (meaning that they don't have monofin lines in ANY of their tails--some of mertailors, some of raven's, etc. do or don't have them).

Mermaid Oshun
09-02-2013, 01:12 PM
who is MVD?

MerEmma
09-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Mike Dahl of FlipTails. :)

AniaR
09-02-2013, 01:59 PM
And I can see in your tail how the monofin ends at the yellow part and the only floppy part is the small orange and black tip on each corner.

I already addressed this exactly in my post when I said,

Those didn't have to be there but that's the fluke style and my preference. If they weren't there, then it would still be the monofin filling up the whole fluke. They're an extra piece, just like my extra fins. And nothing like seeing two swim fins in the middle of a monofin.

I know several people who own or did own a MVD tail and they all said it was awful to swim in and the foot pocket business instead of a monofin made it very hard to move in. A few of my friends tried on the MVD tails owned by others and said the same thing. Personally, I love having a competitor fin. The stiff fluke is lighter, I can lift it up, I can get a good tail slap out of it, in my opinion it looks more realistic, and its much much easier to swim in. I know a lot of people prefer the flowy look, and it's really just about your preference. I just don't get the constant need in the community to compare merbellas to mertailor. There doesn't seem to be any comparing of other tail makers this way. Why not talk about finfolk flukes which look beautiful when flat but clearly still have bunching and air pocket problems? Or all the other tail makers who still havent figured out how to actually glue the monofins down inside so they shift around damaging the fluke etc? I just feel like it always turns into a mertailor vs merbellas with some people. Go with what you like, but I'm not sure how you can accurately judge how a tail swims without swimming in it yourself. I've got 4 different tail makers I can compare based on my own personal experience swimming in their tails.

Ariel-Starfish
09-02-2013, 02:18 PM

Those didn't have to be there but that's the fluke style and my preference. If they weren't there, then it would still be the monofin filling up the whole fluke. They're an extra piece, just like my extra fins. And nothing like seeing two swim fins in the middle of a monofin.

I know several people who own or did own a MVD tail and they all said it was awful to swim in and the foot pocket business instead of a monofin made it very hard to move in. A few of my friends tried on the MVD tails owned by others and said the same thing. Personally, I love having a competitor fin. The stiff fluke is lighter, I can lift it up, I can get a good tail slap out of it, in my opinion it looks more realistic, and its much much easier to swim in. I know a lot of people prefer the flowy look, and it's really just about your preference. I just don't get the constant need in the community to compare merbellas to mertailor. There doesn't seem to be any comparing of other tail makers this way. Why not talk about finfolk flukes which look beautiful when flat but clearly still have bunching and air pocket problems? Or all the other tail makers who still havent figured out how to actually glue the monofins down inside so they shift around damaging the fluke etc? I just feel like it always turns into a mertailor vs merbellas with some people. Go with what you like, but I'm not sure how you can accurately judge how a tail swims without swimming in it yourself. I've got 4 different tail makers I can compare based on my own personal experience swimming in their tails.

Raina: Amen to that! :p lol

Ariel-Starfish
09-02-2013, 02:21 PM
@ Phoenix mermaid and Mer-Crazy: I love the swimming/unboxing videos !! And Phoenix; I'm also jelous of your 'look-how-easy-i-do-this' backflip :D haha <3

Merman Arion
09-02-2013, 02:33 PM

Raina, once again, you never cease to amaze me with your posts. I love you :hug:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maxq1vgxWv1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

MermaidSabrina
09-02-2013, 02:43 PM
After almost a whole year of research and convincing , yesterday my mom emailed raven ,and I'm so nervous yet excited to know if she's taking tail orders yet , she hasnt responded but I hope she does soon. I'm getting so anxious to know :headwall:

Thalassa
09-02-2013, 02:48 PM
After almost a whole year of research and convincing , yesterday my mom emailed raven ,and I'm so nervous yet excited to know if she's taking tail orders yet , she hasnt responded but I hope she does soon. I'm getting so anxious to know :headwall:

Good luck! :-)

Thalassa
09-02-2013, 02:50 PM
And Phoenix; I'm also jelous of your 'look-how-easy-i-do-this' backflip :D haha <3

I know, right?! She's just like, "Oh, let me go under the water this way! Easy as pie!"
Where as me, it's like. *stop. pause.* "Okay, I'm gonna do this..." *spastic half turn aborted by the fact that my body panics when water goes up my nose* *surface with hair all over my face, spluttering* "Okay, that did not go real well." XD

Phoenix Mermaid
09-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Love the unboxing, Mer-Crazy!

Phoenix, I'm totally jealous of how you did that little flip from your back to underwater...I'm trying to practice flips and it isn't going well. XD You made it look effortless!

The tail slap was kind of hard actually lol When I did it my feet slipped almost all the way out... I think that's why it looked to good haha I wish it was caught on the cam a little better

@ Phoenix mermaid and Mer-Crazy: I love the swimming/unboxing videos !! And Phoenix; I'm also jelous of your 'look-how-easy-i-do-this' backflip :D haha <3

I actually thought it would be a little harder to do. But it wasn't too bad. I have to get use to the fluke being so big in not very deep pool, it's a bit of an adjustment lol

Merman Arion
09-02-2013, 03:25 PM
I know, right?! She's just like, "Oh, let me go under the water this way! Easy as pie!"
Where as me, it's like. *stop. pause.* "Okay, I'm gonna do this..." *spastic half turn aborted by the fact that my body panics when water goes up my nose* *surface with hair all over my face, spluttering* "Okay, that did not go real well." XD

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9vo94uHF01qg8h61.gif

I'm sorry, i couldn't help it but it's actually cute and funny :D

PearlieMae
09-02-2013, 03:45 PM
My perception is that Merbellas and Mertailor seem to be top tier tailmakers, at least in this community, like Mac vs. Windows, Nikon vs. Canon, etc. They seem to be the current high-end providers, and ostensibly, similar in quality and brand recognition.

Before joining Mernetwork, Mertailor's reputation was already going the way of Martyn's, but the tails that were being produced were unmatched, and all the national press Eric was getting was overshadowing his bad reviews and unhappy customers getting ripped off. Then, it seemed to me like he realized he was killing his golden goose and had to ramp up production to save his business, and in doing so, sacrificing quality. Older photos don't show the demarcation of the monofins, or the hard line at the waist, and we all know the magic of Photoshop.

Personally, I noticed the lazy paint jobs more than the fins showing. And then the development of his McTails at $800 a pop just leads me to think he's not the "artiste" he wanted everyone to believe, but is, quite franky, and in MY OPINION, an attention whore and profit generating manufacturer. I guess there is no such thing as bad press if there is a glut of press.

For better or worse, Merbellas doesn't have the in-your-face press recognition, but the artistry speaks for itself. Raina's comparison video cemented my opinion there. I would say Raven produces the Harley Davidson of tails, to Eric's "Hondas for everyone" tails. Honda is a good brand, but don't hold a candle to a Harley. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I want the best!

Sorry go on and on, but I wanted to voice this opinion. Remember! It's my OPINION! :D

PS: has everyone just forgotten about that post from a Florida "president of an oceanic organization" who needed, then subsequently found a realistic silicone tail in less than a week for a photoshoot? Who was that?

Thalassa
09-02-2013, 04:02 PM
*dances* I got a French Merman gif! XD

LOL. Always glad to give a giggle. ;-)

Merman Arion
09-02-2013, 04:13 PM
*dances* I got a French Merman gif! XD

LOL. Always glad to give a giggle. ;-)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljaq7edaUJ1qcjw09o1_400.gif

MermaidHyli
09-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Like I said, king of the gifs ;)

Merman Arion
09-02-2013, 05:07 PM
Like I said, king of the gifs ;)

Coming from you, it's quite a compliment. I'm flattered and i will do my best to honor the title :highfive:

:hug: big giant hug for my 2nd favorite redhead mermaid (Raina being the first *winks*)

Remember my long thread full of gifs about The Mertailor? I'm actually thinking about doing one about Merbellas. What do you think? :D

PearlieMae
09-02-2013, 05:12 PM
I hope I'm not the big fucking mess!

I didn't forget to address other tail makers, I just didn't feel they were really a part of all the brouhaha.

Mer-Crazy
09-02-2013, 05:18 PM
@French Merman- I think that is a wonderful idea :)

I also, however think it seems to be drama week here on the mer network. I think we all need to take a deep breath and exhale slowly... lol.

Merman Arion
09-02-2013, 05:22 PM
I hope I'm not the big fucking mess!

I didn't forget to address other tail makers, I just didn't feel they were really a part of all the brouhaha.

Of course not, i wouldn't dare!
The gif was supposed to represent Eric and be what you forgot to add after "what-you-said-about-him".

*i finally deleted the post because the joke wasn't so funny after all and i apologize for that* :doh:

Merman Arion
09-02-2013, 05:27 PM
@French Merman- I think that is a wonderful idea :)

I also, however think it seems to be drama week here on the mer network. I think we all need to take a deep breath and exhale slowly... lol.

My thought exactly.
From the comments that i got in my previous thread full of gifs, it seems that i did a good job so to clear the air here, i'm thinking about doing a new one. :)

PearlieMae
09-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Of course not, i wouldn't dare!
The gif was supposed to represent Eric and be what you forgot to add after "what-you-said-about-him".

*i finally deleted the post because it wasn't so funny after all and i apologize for that* :doh:

Hahaha! I was teasing! I wish there was a sarcastic font!

Mermaid Oshun
09-02-2013, 05:54 PM
French it seems you call people curse names and insult them frequently and then say maybe you were wrong

Merman Arion
09-02-2013, 06:08 PM
French it seems you call people curse names and insult them frequently and then say maybe you were wrong

I know that i may give that impression but actually, the only person i gave some curse names so far is Eric whom i had a personal grudge because he was traiting people badly as a tail maker. I heard more often bad things about him than good things. And now that the drama with Krystal occured, i'm changing my opinion about him. I'm not saying that i see him in a new light though but now i sympathize with what's he's going through.
As for the post that i wrote earlier and deleted afterwards, it was supposed to be a joke but i finally understood that it was uncalled for and i sincerely apologized.

Remember my long thread full of gifs about him? That was something to make fun of the drama that happened back then and clear the tension, yet it was all jokes and people liked it.

I said that i will do my best to stay neutral but in the future, like PearlieMae, if i have an OPINION instead of a joke, i will point that.

I know that you like him but it was nothing personal. This is the Merbella thread, i won't talk further about this.

AniaR
09-02-2013, 06:08 PM
1. His first language isn't English. 2. He's been making jokes using gifs. Sometimes they make sense, sometimes they dont. When they don't he deletes them- but you seem to misunderstand even the ones that make sense. 3. It seems you make every post about mertailor... if we're pointing out what people do frequently.

Either way, all these posts are off topic, as this is the thread I started specifically for discussing merbellas, since at the time of making the thread they didn't have their own forum spot yet. If you'd like to do a comparison of fluke styles between tail makers, that's something that could use it's own thread.

Mermaid Oshun
09-02-2013, 06:11 PM
I agree that a lot was off topic.
I speak SEVERAL languages. If you know the words "hot mess" and "whore" you pretty much know what you are saying in your new language.

MermaidSabrina
09-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Well... This thread escalated quickly

Ariadne
09-02-2013, 08:34 PM
How bout we get back to drooling over these recent tails and congratulating their new owners and trying not to look like Gollum too much when we dream about our own Merbellas tail? Pretty sure that's what this thread was originally for. Whoever wants to give the Mertailor a tongue bath can do so on another thread and whoever wants to give him a taser hug can do that somewhere too. Luv ya'll!

Mermaid Myu
09-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Well... This thread escalated quickly

http://imageshack.us/a/img689/7479/jwn7.jpg

Thalassa
09-02-2013, 08:49 PM
How bout we get back to drooling over these recent tails and congratulating their new owners and trying not to look like Gollum too much when we dream about our own Merbellas tail? Pretty sure that's what this thread was originally for. Whoever wants to give the Mertailor a tongue bath can do so on another thread and whoever wants to give him a taser hug can do that somewhere too. Luv ya'll!

LOL, now I want to see a meme of a mer clutching their tail and saying, "My precioussssss..." XD

Blondie
09-02-2013, 09:24 PM

This is such an accurate representation of my life xDDD I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Mer-Crazy
09-03-2013, 12:18 AM
So, to all those who own Merbellas tails I managed to get the tail on. Yay 😊 I even attempted my first swim. I say attempted because I just couldn't do it. The fluke was so heavy that every kick was just ridiculously painful. I managed a minute before I had to stop because it was hurting my ankles so much. Is this normal? Does anyone have any advice for me? My feet were fine, the rest was fine it was just the. Stress the kick put on my ankles, the tail was probably a tad short on me at the back as well because I have big um... Ass-ettes

Mizuko
09-03-2013, 12:30 AM
Yay! :D I'm glad you got it on! :D I'd love to see some pics of you swimming in it! :D
As for the sore ankles, did you swim in monofins/fabric tails before getting this one? I found initally wayyy back when I first started mermaiding that my ankles did get some stress from the monofins, but after a few weeks the ache faded because my muscles grew :)

Mer-Crazy
09-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Yay! :D I'm glad you got it on! :D I'd love to see some pics of you swimming in it! :D
As for the sore ankles, did you swim in monofins/fabric tails before getting this one? I found initally wayyy back when I first started mermaiding that my ankles did get some stress from the monofins, but after a few weeks the ache faded because my muscles grew :)
I'd had no practice in monofins before I got my tail. I'm considering getting one just to practice and build up my muscles. It's really good to hear that it will stop hurting though. I was worried I'd done something wrong :)

Also, I wanna thank everyone for helping me out with all of this. Without all you guys I would have probably had some kind of melt down by now because I have no clue what I'm doing haha.

Anahita
09-03-2013, 01:32 AM
So, to all those who own Merbellas tails I managed to get the tail on. Yay  I even attempted my first swim. I say attempted because I just couldn't do it. The fluke was so heavy that every kick was just ridiculously painful. I managed a minute before I had to stop because it was hurting my ankles so much. Is this normal? Does anyone have any advice for me? My feet were fine, the rest was fine it was just the. Stress the kick put on my ankles, the tail was probably a tad short on me at the back as well because I have big um... Ass-ettes

mmmmmm Are you kicking or crunching? If you're trying to move through the water with your legs rather than your abdominal muscles, maybe that's putting extra stress on your ankles and hurting them?

Winged Mermaid
09-03-2013, 02:07 AM
Wow, you got a competitor for your first tail or monofin ever? That's leaping right in for sure! No, that's not normal. Discomfort and some pain, yeah, that can happen- but "every kick was just ridiculously painful"? In my opinion that's not normal or healthy. You should be careful, if you don't know how to swim properly in a monofin and start of with a competitor you can injure yourself. I've heard of it happening before :( People tearing things, even. That's WITHOUT the extra weight of the fluke even.

If you're kicking at all with your knees or ankles you're doing it wrong and can hurt yourself. Your kick needs to come from your abs and just kind of flow down the rest of your body. Your knees and ankles do move but they're just riding the wave, they're not the source of force. Watching videos of other mers swimming can actually be very helpful (YouTube! :) ). If you can have someone with gogles, or a camera, watch/record you so you can watch yourself swim or get feedback and improve on it that way. Also, STRETCH. Competitors, even with out tails, can make you cramp like crazy- especially if you're not use to that particular type of fin (fiberglass). First ever time in a competitor fin I cramped so much! My muscles just weren't use to it. I stretch (legs in all kinds of ways, ankles, hips) for 15-30 minutes (sometimes longer) before I get in tail and there is HUGE difference in comfort and therefore control between stretching and not stretching for me.

Just take it easy. You don't want to injure yourself! Better safe than sorry. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a lower priced monofin for practice to help you learn proper technique and build muscles for sure :)

Mermaid Syrena
09-03-2013, 02:53 AM
In defence of Alex (French Merman)- OK, he's a real sweetie. Like Raina said- English isn't his first language. Certain nuances of English humour (or non humour) can be super subtle and hard to grasp, so I don't blame him at all. We've all had our little slip-ups, or occasions when we came across to some people as a little too brash, but I know French Merman is always willing to learn and change if he realizes he's wrong.
Oh, and I love his gifs. Instant mood-lightener.

Merman Arion
09-03-2013, 03:44 AM
In defence of Alex (French Merman)- OK, he's a real sweetie. Like Raina said- English isn't his first language. Certain nuances of English humour (or non humour) can be super subtle and hard to grasp, so I don't blame him at all. We've all had our little slip-ups, or occasions when we came across to some people as a little too brash, but I know French Merman is always willing to learn and change if he realizes he's wrong.
Oh, and I love his gifs. Instant mood-lightener.

Thanks Cara. I appreciate very much. Indeed, i'm 24 and still improving. English can be tricky sometimes when it comes to humor. Yet, i'm a grow up and i can learn from my mistakes. So far, i have always apologized when i knew that the line was crossed. I would rather make people laugh than hurting them. Just saying. I just hope that one day, in spite of my light deafness, my English will be good enough so i can meet some of you in real life. :hug:

I'd had no practice in monofins before I got my tail. I'm considering getting one just to practice and build up my muscles. It's really good to hear that it will stop hurting though. I was worried I'd done something wrong :)
Also, I wanna thank everyone for helping me out with all of this. Without all you guys I would have probably had some kind of melt down by now because I have no clue what I'm doing haha.

When i ordered my magictail, i had no experience whatsoever with a monofin. The first swim was bad and tricky, yet i managed to not drown LOL. I did some streching before and drank lots of water to avoid cramps. Now, i'm getting better and better since my muscles are growing and each swim are getting easier and easier. The feeling is juste amazing underwater. I'm thinking to get a competitor monofin in the future when i will order my dream tail from Raven or Finfolks so i will practice a lot beforehand so i can avoid what you are feeling right now. Iona is right, just take it easy. :)

LOL, now I want to see a meme of a mer clutching their tail and saying, "My precioussssss..." XD

Be careful not to say "my preciouuusssss" too many time, you may end up waking up like this guy and become Golum ;)

http://img1.liveinternet.ru/images/attach/c/1//62/621/62621834_My_own__my_love__my_precious_by_Bluecrow1 0.gif

Merman Arion
09-03-2013, 03:46 AM
to lighten the mood, this is how i feel when i see Raven's beautiful work and when i swim underwater.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyn5kqTpsl1r6wp15o1_500.gif

Miyu
09-03-2013, 03:54 AM
Frenchie, you may speak English as a second language and have trouble grasping some of our humour... well LOL so do I, and English is my first language! English is, in my opinion, the hardest language of all, and a lot of people fail at it all the time... even those whose first language IS English :P

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_la01rlDdVf1qzirnvo1_500.jpg

Mer-Crazy
09-03-2013, 04:18 AM
Wow, you got a competitor for your first tail or monofin ever? That's leaping right in for sure! No, that's not normal. Discomfort and some pain, yeah, that can happen- but "every kick was just ridiculously painful"? In my opinion that's not normal or healthy. You should be careful, if you don't know how to swim properly in a monofin and start of with a competitor you can injure yourself. I've heard of it happening before :( People tearing things, even. That's WITHOUT the extra weight of the fluke even.

If you're kicking at all with your knees or ankles you're doing it wrong and can hurt yourself. Your kick needs to come from your abs and just kind of flow down the rest of your body. Your knees and ankles do move but they're just riding the wave, they're not the source of force. Watching videos of other mers swimming can actually be very helpful (YouTube! :) ). If you can have someone with gogles, or a camera, watch/record you so you can watch yourself swim or get feedback and improve on it that way. Also, STRETCH. Competitors, even with out tails, can make you cramp like crazy- especially if you're not use to that particular type of fin (fiberglass). First ever time in a competitor fin I cramped so much! My muscles just weren't use to it. I stretch (legs in all kinds of ways, ankles, hips) for 15-30 minutes (sometimes longer) before I get in tail and there is HUGE difference in comfort and therefore control between stretching and not stretching for me.

Just take it easy. You don't want to injure yourself! Better safe than sorry. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a lower priced monofin for practice to help you learn proper technique and build muscles for sure :)
That's probably the issue. I'm used to just using fins, so my kicks come from knees and ankles. I'll be super aware of my form from now on. But with a monofin what would you suggest as as good starter one? I attempted to swim today but my BF didn't film it very well so you can't really see me swimming, so I don't think you'd be able to see what I'm doing wrong. On that note if I could do it again I would not have ordered the competitor monofin. I really wished I had been warned that its not a good idea for a first time monofin user.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9TGDmNYG7I&amp;feature=youtu.be

Anahita
09-03-2013, 04:24 AM
Oof English. I hate tutoring it. Seriously, it drives me insane because everyone always asks "why" for English. "Why is THAT funny, but not this?" "Why is it spelled that way, but nothing else is spelled that way?" "Why is there no word that rhymes with orange?" "Why, why, why, why?!!?"

:P

Cursing and lewd humor in English doesn't help either, because the rules are NOT simple. Something can be completely hilarious, but change one word that just happens to magically be more "severe" and you're up shit creek without a paddle..... Farsi is way easier - cursing and lewd humor is just not acceptable under any circumstances that a non-native speaker would be in, so they never have to learn about it.... And French has always been more forgiving/flippant about swearing and such (at least in my experience, but then again, I'm like, a barely 150cm tall borderline munchkin that speaks with a very funny twang, so the comic value of that may be why I'm treated much more gently... Although, on the other end of that, when people who are native French speakers find out my middle name rhymes with a certain dirty word in French, they usually loudly sang about it - so I like to think that it's more of a forgiving language with that kind of dirty/inappropriate humor stuff.... )

Wait, as for "why" and English.... Why am I posting this in the Merbellas thread? Oh dear, I jumped on the derailed topic I think. Shame on me. :$

Anahita
09-03-2013, 04:25 AM
Selene, maybe a Finis Foil would be a good start for you? It's pretty affordable, and I actually think that Finis made it specifically to train people how to use a monofin.... (I could be entirely wrong on that though)

Elle
09-03-2013, 06:09 AM

I know....I'm so used to hearing American accents, when I hear an Australian one it's a bit of a shock

Ariel-Starfish
09-03-2013, 07:01 AM

Exacly!! XD

Aziara
09-03-2013, 09:06 AM
And French has always been more forgiving/flippant about swearing and such (at least in my experience, but then again, I'm like, a barely 150cm tall borderline munchkin that speaks with a very funny twang, so the comic value of that may be why I'm treated much more gently... Although, on the other end of that, when people who are native French speakers find out my middle name rhymes with a certain dirty word in French, they usually loudly sang about it - so I like to think that it's more of a forgiving language with that kind of dirty/inappropriate humor stuff.... )

I can certainly confirm what you said there... where I live, most of the older folks spoke French as their first language. Perhaps that's why, but most humor I end up being around is pretty much identical to stuff that French Merman says. I find him hilarious for that reason :)
As for the painful ankles when you first start swimming in a monofin, I can certainly say that's normal if you've never tried it before, because my own first try I tried to get propulsion by pushing with my legs. When I started using my midsection to power my kick, my legs hurt much less. But now my abs and lower back feel sore after :P. There's just so much muscle that most folks don't normally use, that you need to use a monofin. Using a practice monofin might help you a bit. Shipping on a merfin wouldn't be so bad for you (I'm so jealous), so maybe you could try one of those? Or maybe a finis foil or wave or rapid?

PearlieMae
09-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Wow! Talk about diving into the deep end! A practice monofin is definitely in order...this might help give you an idea of the movement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhDZ4dO_sRc

And LOTS of practice!

MerEmma
09-03-2013, 10:26 AM
I think the issue is really a lot of using your ankles to kick instead of your abs--personally I've swum so much mermaid kick my entire life my ankles are just fine swimming that way but if you're not used to it I can easily imagine that being painful.
I'd say a Foil, Wave or even an Oceanika (no outrageous US shipping prices, I love mine and it's easy to swim with but it's a bit pricey) would probably be best to practice with. I'm sorry it hurt your ankles so much and I hope you're able to get it down quickly. :c

Mermaid Kalliope
09-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Wow it's been a while! XD

Harmony- My gods! Your tail is exquisite! Absolutely beautiful! I love your smile and excitment! :-D You are adorable. Haha The colours remind of how some metals look when they've rusted/aged or the shiny rainbow you get from oil on asphalt. I've always thought it to be such beautiful colours even if it is oil. >>

Phoenix- All of your stuff is so lovely! I adore the eye of your octo. :-) Reminds me of fire. Your tail looks fintastic on you! It just... fits! Very very lovely.

Selene- Awwww.... Aussie accent. ♥ Your tail is so... so... mysterious? I think that's the word I'm looking for. It just has a certain something that's ethereal about it. :-) As for your ankles, just as everyone said, get a practice monofin. I have a finnis wave that I use and the only pain I get are my abs hurting after a long swim. I'm barely getting any kind of a workout now from it and am looking forward to finally being able to use the competitor. So, it does help and I would recommend the wave over the foil because it will be a smaller jump in blade size. The oceanika sounds like a good idea, too, for you, since you live in Australia. :-) Best of luck in your mermaid adventures!

French Merman - Don't feel bad. My first language is English and I had someone ask me what my first language was because of how I speak. XD I don't get English.

And..... HUGS all around!

AniaR
09-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Raven decided to do her own version of the famous "She Creature" Tail, if you've never seen the movie, here's a still that shows the tail:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1157508_580128888709862_1211846936_n.jpg

The tail is actually a split tail, not something that would be actually functioning in real performing mermaid life, so she put her own unique spin on it. personally, I think it's a great homage. It looks enough like it, but has that Raven flare! (Just like my Splash tail!)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1238392_580079602048124_496121597_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1276446_579983168724434_2001650463_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1235385_579788082077276_1667923818_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1174864_566747586706249_351942669_n.jpg

Mermaid Lorelei
09-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Raven decided to do her own version of the famous "She Creature" Tail, if you've never seen the movie, here's a still that shows the tail:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1157508_580128888709862_1211846936_n.jpg

The tail is actually a split tail, not something that would be actually functioning in real performing mermaid life, so she put her own unique spin on it. personally, I think it's a great homage. It looks enough like it, but has that Raven flare! (Just like my Splash tail!)

Click here to view the full image.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1238392_580079602048124_496121597_n.jpg

That girl just blows my mind.

Anahita
09-03-2013, 05:41 PM
When I saw the tail posted on the Live Exhibit FB page that was the FIRST thing I thought, "OMG it reminds me of She-Creature". And then she confirmed it today on the Merbella's page, I was like "Ok, epic. Her cool points just went up like, 100 fold, if that's even possible." I just love that movie (even if the costumes for the people were weird, the mermaid was just SO FRICKIN' COOL)

Mermaid Evolet
09-03-2013, 05:44 PM
:jawdrop:..... one hour later :jawdrop:
... it is ... it's so... and so... sorry i'm still like this :jawdrop:
*takes a deep breath* ok enought drooling
this fluke is absolutely breath taking its so unique and mysterious and and ... sorry still can't think clearly...
i'll try it later

Mermaid Danielle
09-03-2013, 06:13 PM
I absolutely LOVE that fluke! It is gorgeous, stunning, and extremely unique!

Yulia
09-03-2013, 06:22 PM
That fluke is amazing!
Too bad it doesn't look fast, but I may be wrong.

Mizuko
09-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Raven's work is just... wow. I love it!!! XD

AniaR
09-03-2013, 08:17 PM
woowhoo this thread just reached 100 pages

Merman Arion
09-03-2013, 08:58 PM
woowhoo this thread just reached 100 pages

YAY! :highfive:

I know how to celebrate this! :D
I'm gonna do a thread full of gifs about Merbellas just like i did for The Mertailor.
I'm gonna use all the infos from page 1 to 100 to make something great and funny. And i'm thinking about innovating and add something new.

Do i have your approval? Who here is curious to see what i'm gonna do? :cool:

The "King of gifs" (title given thanks to MermaidHyli) is back! (I never left though.. LOL)

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/010/f/d/are_you_ready_for_the___hurricane___gif_by_abuncho fzombies-d4lz74l.gif

Anahita
09-03-2013, 09:17 PM
YAY! :highfive:

I know how to celebrate this! :D
I'm gonna do a thread full of gifs about Merbellas just like i did for The Mertailor.
I'm gonna use all the infos from page 1 to 100 to make something great and funny. And i'm thinking about innovating and add something new.

Do i have your approval? Who here is curious to see what i'm gonna do? :cool:

The "King of gifs" (title given thanks to MermaidHyli) is back! (I never left though.. LOL)

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/010/f/d/are_you_ready_for_the___hurricane___gif_by_abuncho fzombies-d4lz74l.gif

Hehehee I can't wait! This is gonna be good.

Phoenix Mermaid
09-03-2013, 10:31 PM
That's probably the issue. I'm used to just using fins, so my kicks come from knees and ankles. I'll be super aware of my form from now on. But with a monofin what would you suggest as as good starter one? I attempted to swim today but my BF didn't film it very well so you can't really see me swimming, so I don't think you'd be able to see what I'm doing wrong. On that note if I could do it again I would not have ordered the competitor monofin. I really wished I had been warned that its not a good idea for a first time monofin user.

Mer-Crazy your tail looks beautiful in the water. I really hope you keep it, it fits you well. I think if you practice for a while, you'll get the hang of it in time... I'm also jealous that your tail fits tight! lol

wow! I love the "she creature" fluke Raven did! Its very unique!

@Kalani- Thank you! His eyes remind me of fire too! When you look at him he is beautiful and elegant, but you look him in the eyes he is instantly evil! lol

Go for it Frenchie! :thumbs up:

Mermaid Kalliope
09-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Phoenix- Ooooo guard octopus? :-D

Go, Frenchie, go!

YAY 100 pages!

I just love that new tail! It's so pretty! My brain just sorta.... died when I saw it. Haha ♥♥

Echidna
09-04-2013, 12:37 AM
:sad eyes:
She Creature is my favourite movie! I love that tail!
...It's not fair :(

Ariel-Starfish
09-04-2013, 02:23 AM
Yay 100th page! :D

Omg RAVEN!! :o You did it again! <3 *fangirl moment* Now this all reminds me why I ordered from u in the first place <3

themnmermaid
09-04-2013, 04:48 AM
Hi everyone! I just signed up with the MerNetwork today even though Ive been apart of the mermaiding world for awhile now. I ordered a basic tail from Raven at the beginning of this year & the wait is going on 7 months now. I'm about to come out of my skin...:p

Merman Arion
09-04-2013, 08:39 AM
i just found a great design of Raven's tail about the movie "She Creature".

Yulia
09-04-2013, 10:23 AM
That looks like algae! Cool design.

Finfolk Productions
09-04-2013, 10:45 AM

Hello Raina,

While we know we are not on here often, and we understand the context and point of your post, we would like to clarify once again with you that our tails do not hold air pockets or water when being swam in, and our monofins do not shift within the tail. We would only like to bring this up to prevent the spread of inaccurate thoughts concerning our tails.

If anyone would like to see our tails in action in these videos, you will see that our flukes do in fact remain flat and unfilled while in use. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ES7QDQrS_yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e-1wdn8MDM

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns, we would like to direct you to our facebook page to please send us a private message.

Sincerely,
Abby and Bryn
Finfolk Productions

Ariel-Starfish
09-04-2013, 10:56 AM
i just found a great design of Raven's tail about the movie "She Creature".

Thank you for posting this French ^^ *hugg*

Mermaid Syrena
09-04-2013, 11:28 AM
I've talked extensively to Finfolk's clients (the girls they travelled to Hawaii with for their mermaid photoshoot, as well as clients outside of Minnesota, which is where FF is based), and not once has anyone mentioned that their Finfolk tail holds water and bags up. To be more specific, not once has any client ever made ANY sort of complaint about Finfolk to me; even when I was still deciding where I should get my tail, and assured them that they could be brutally honest about their tails with me. The personal reviews (meaning I messaged the clients one on one) have all been glowing, and they also speak of Finfolk's stellar customer service.

I'm not daft. There's a reason I'm choosing to lay down close to 3K USD with Finfolk, and foot the 300 USD shipping all the way to Singapore. I am completely sure that the products others have received have been satisfactory (more than). Similarly, I can rest in the assurance that the tail that'll arrive on my doorstep will meet and surpass my expectations. If I find my new Finfolk tail bunches and balloons when I swim... well, free drinks on me for everybody on Mernetwork. (yes, I'm that confident.)

Ariel-Starfish
09-04-2013, 04:11 PM
It's been a month since Raven told me my Ariel bra was almost completed and willing to add some silicone glue to fix my tail. Have send 2 emails this week and no responce yet. :rolleyes:

AniaR
09-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Finfolk I decided to skip replying here since it's the Merbellas thread, and I wrote you a reply over here in the drama thread (I don't think either of us are being dramatic but I see the potential for other people to step in and make it so, so I decided to just start it there anyway!) http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?1513-The-Drama-Thread-(WARNING-DRAMA-AHEAD)&p=89748&viewfull=1#post89748 I've posted some photos of what I'm talking about and an explanation, though let me clarify again it way in no way intended to attack you, as you said, the context of the post and all.

Golden Pearl, I also replied to your off topic posts in that same link/post as well, and if you'd like to continue on with me, you can do so there (or anyone else involved in that conversation) I've asked the mods to move the non-merbellas related posts from this thread to either their appropriate thread or the drama thread, but I know Iona is really busy right now so I'm not sure if it'll happen anytime soon.

It's been a month since Raven told me my Ariel bra was almost completed and willing to add some silicone glue to fix my tail. Have send 2 emails this week and no responce yet

I know tails take priorities over tops I believe, and have different wait times. I know she's been super busy (always is) I'll try and remind her too! If it's any consolation I believe she's finally nearing the end of her recent batch of orders and is just going flat out. Keep in mind they were away performing over the long weekend too. If you sent two emails I think that should be good :)

I just wanted to clarify for everyone:
I don't officially represent merbellas, I just help Raven with managing the emails and the online world from time to time so she can focus on tails. Nothing about Merbellas is an official Merbellas statement unless it comes from them, I just tend to relay information directly from their FB here, from Raven when I can, or from my insight from reading the emails. People PM me a lot, but I dont know the 'inner workings' and any tail maintenance I know is only from my own tail, so keep that in mind if you're PMing me about Raven. ONCE IN A WHILE I can forward a message to her or remind her about something, but I'm super busy with my own life, and you know we live in different countries and all hahah... so you can't really count on me being able to or expect me to. If I think I can I will, but even then there's no guarantee. I don't have a hard line to Raven. We both go off into our busy worlds and sometimes don't get to chat for a while. Other times we talk so much business we take a break from that so we can be friends, lol.