PDA

View Full Version : Mertailor Mernetwork Discount

Morticia Mermaid
11-29-2012, 11:45 AM
So, this morning I noticed on Mertailors Facebook page that he is having a discount for anyone on Mernetwork. I emailed him about it cause I was curious, and got a response in less than 5 min (which I thought was fantastic). I wanted to share the details of the discount with everyone (I got his permission to share it of course), because I think it is a GREAT deal! I know I am now saving up!!

(Information copied and pasted right from the e-mail)

I have actually been giving this option a lot of thought. I want it to be possible for everyone to live out their dreams of being a mermaid, merman, or to upgrade their current tail. I want others to experience the same thing dream that I am experiencing. This i why I have decided to offer this to the "MerNetwork".

The Discount is 10% off any Custom Made Mermaid Tail (Full Silicone Tail, Partial Silicone Tail, Spandex Tail, etc.) and a Fully Custom Mermaid Top ($150.00-$200 value). Free, Standard UPS Ground Shipping is included in the USA, except for Hawaii, Alaska, and other outside surrounding areas.

For Example:

A.) Full Silicone Tail ( You Design Full Custom Paint Job, No Set Colors): $2,250.00 (Normally $2,500.00) + One Free Custom Top (Any Size; $150.00-$200 value). "Additional Fins" may be added on for additional costs. The 10% discount will be applied to the "Additional Fins".

B.) Partial Silicone Tail (You Design Full Custom Paint Job, No Set Colors): $450.00 (Normally $500.00) + One Free Custom Top (Any Size; $150.00-$200 value).

These prices do not include Internet Sales Tax (6%) or International shipping costs. Free, Standard UPS Ground Shipping is included in the USA, except for Hawaii, Alaska, and other outside surrounding areas.

I'm requiring a "screen shot" of your "MerNetwork" membership page/account, your account, and something with a "membership joining date", along with your user name. Everything will be kept confidential and private. This information will only be used to provide proof of your association with the "MerNetwork".

I know this may not seem like much, but I am trying to offer something that I feel is workable for everyone.

MerAnthony
11-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Sounds interesting. If somebody has money saved up for a tail I think that it would be a good time to get it.

Morticia Mermaid
11-29-2012, 11:56 AM
From what I understand from what he is saying is that it is going to be going for quite a while... But I can ask to be sure :)

MerEmma
11-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Wow, that's kind of unusual for his past remarks, isn't it? Or maybe not. I'm still pretty new around here. Nonetheless, I think it's great that he's doing it. I'm just a bit paranoid still about him. :P

Mermaid Saphira
11-29-2012, 12:12 PM
whoa. this is a great deal! Iwould love to take it up on one of his spandex tails! and a top for free :yay:

Morticia Mermaid
11-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Just got a response on his Facebook about how long the discount is going to last~

"The Mertailor Eric Ducharme (https://www.facebook.com/mertailor?ref=stream) I think for quite a while! My pricing structure may change due to increase of material prices however the discount will still apply or I might decide to lock in a specific price!"

AniaR
11-29-2012, 12:45 PM
I think that's great. Iona was telling me he messaged her about this to get her thoughts. Despite the fact I have my own personal issues with mertailor, I still think it's a good idea and a show of good faith to the community- especially since just yesterday he was publicly calling us "the hate forums" (criticism doesn't = hate) . It's a very decent discount and I hope people are able to get tails they love.

Morticia Mermaid
11-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Where was he calling this the "hate forum"? Cause I've not seen anything about it. And I think there is a difference between criticism and the harsh comments people are constantly being thrown around about him. It's one thing to submit one's own honest opinion when having experienced working with someone, its another to constantly bring up things that happened quite a while ago. Things change, people grow, and processes are updated.

AniaR
11-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Agreed. Criticism is when someone looks at something with different perspectives, from different backgrounds, and applies different ways of thinking. Harsh comments are when people simply resort to "that's stupid, they're losers, they suck" etc. I actually haven't seen a single harsh comment about mertailor in quite some time, however the common response to any form of criticism from anyone about him seems to be "ahh drama". It usually only happens when one of his group comes on and attacks people. When you say things that happened a while ago, I suggest checking on the tail maker discussions to see how long a while ago actually is. Or perhaps consider the attacks on people on facebook that now actually have the police involved. Those aren't a while ago, they're a few weeks ago. When you say "Things change, people grow, and processes are updated." I completely agree, I just disagree when people try to act as if that's what they're doing, when really they aren't changing anything.

In all honesty, if Eric has decided that he's going to be a better tail maker, be kinder to people, handle issues with his tails better, and use the best materials he can, then I will jump right on that. I have in the past, multiple times, gone to extreme efforts to help the entire community turn over a new leaf when it comes to mertailor. The reason we have reviews that are locked to avoid drama is because Eric and I discussed it, and I brought it to the community as a possible change to prevent unnecessary drama and "harsh comments". In all my criticisms of Eric, I usually try to always find at least one thing to be positive about. I am very open to having my mind changed about people and their work. However, posting my two comments with Iona in the thread you made about him dropping latex, got Iona a very kind message about this discount, and though I posted the exact same things as her, his boyfriend has made fake FB accounts in order to harass me on my mermaid page, and then delete his accounts as a result of my comments, as well as bashing me/misrepresenting me on his page (not to mention a gross ignorance to what libel actually means). The " hate forums" comments came from mutual friends who have him as a friend and were quickly deleted.

I think if anything, I am always open to Eric doing better. This would be a much better community if he did, and many of us would have a lot less to concern ourselves with. That's why it makes me happy to see efforts like this discount. I think they're good steps to healing the community. In fact, when it looked like he was going to win the poll we ran on tail flip, I was brainstorming ways to Sirena about using it as a chance to heal some old wounds with the community.

Dee Tal
11-29-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't quite get the Internet Sales Tax bit. In the USA a retailer may only need to collect sales tax in an online purchase if the buyer is in the same state.

Morticia Mermaid
11-29-2012, 01:41 PM
When it comes to what happened between Stevi and him, try to look at what happened there from a neutral point of view. She initiated the first comment on his tail page. In the messages between them that she posted, I saw him being nothing but respectful towards her, where as she was badgering him and essentially calling him a liar. The police thing could have been entirely avoided had Stevi and Matt done as I try my best to do, and ignore the negativity. When it comes to what Aela posted, no one said Stevi HAD to make any kind of comment on her post (which again, is what started the entire drama thing). There is a reason I look at things from a neutral point of view, and thats because I will always see things that biased people never see.

In talking with him this morning, he wants no ill-will between him and the network. Not only is this discount a good deal, it is an amazing opportunity for old wounds to heal, but that cannot happen if those same wounds are being gouged at on a thread started to help, and in hopes, of healing those wounds. Kind of defeats the purpose.

AniaR
11-29-2012, 01:48 PM
In regards to the first paragraph, I'd simply say that that's only from you see/know. The police were involved, a warning was issued after they paid a visit. The police wouldn't do that for something you described. However, I am not here to go back and forth on that drama, I appreciate people can only form an opinion based on what they see and experience. I'd just like to say there was a little more to it than that ;)

In regards to your second thread, I whole heartily agree. In fact, I have an idea. :)

Mermaid Annariea
11-29-2012, 02:01 PM
what makes me REALLY happy about this is that hes allowing custom colors on the realistic, which i dont think he did before. thats awesome.
if anyone has the money, i would say go for it! maybe this will be a great way for him to get in better light with those who have had bad experiences before, and those who have heard of it and are hesitant because of it. (:

Morticia Mermaid
11-29-2012, 02:06 PM
I know I am now saving up to buy a full silicone tail. He says he is going to have the discount going for a while and may even lock a set price for mernetwork users. He doesn't usually allow custom paint on the realistic tails, but it seems he is for this deal.

Either way, I think this deal is all around a great thing for both him and the community, and the relationship between both.

Morticia Mermaid
11-29-2012, 02:12 PM
I don't quite get the Internet Sales Tax bit. In the USA a retailer may only need to collect sales tax in an online purchase if the buyer is in the same state.

The sales tax bit might be because of the site he goes through or depending on where his payments process through, they may change a certain amount per transaction

AniaR
11-29-2012, 02:34 PM
what makes me REALLY happy about this is that hes allowing custom colors on the realistic, which i dont think he did before. thats awesome.
if anyone has the money, i would say go for it! maybe this will be a great way for him to get in better light with those who have had bad experiences before, and those who have heard of it and are hesitant because of it. (:

Good points! :D

Either way, I think this deal is all around a great thing for both him and the community, and the relationship between both.

I agree :)

Elle
11-29-2012, 04:25 PM
When it comes to what happened between Stevi and him, try to look at what happened there from a neutral point of view. She initiated the first comment on his tail page. In the messages between them that she posted, I saw him being nothing but respectful towards her, where as she was badgering him and essentially calling him a liar. The police thing could have been entirely avoided had Stevi and Matt done as I try my best to do, and ignore the negativity. When it comes to what Aela posted, no one said Stevi HAD to make any kind of comment on her post (which again, is what started the entire drama thing). There is a reason I look at things from a neutral point of view, and thats because I will always see things that biased people never see.

In talking with him this morning, he wants no ill-will between him and the network. Not only is this discount a good deal, it is an amazing opportunity for old wounds to heal, but that cannot happen if those same wounds are being gouged at on a thread started to help, and in hopes, of healing those wounds. Kind of defeats the purpose.

I think some people may enjoy drama a little more than the rest of us. I feel that it's more Matt that likes the drama over Eric (that has been occurring lately), than Eric liking the drama,.....But that's just me with an outsiders opinion (I've never had spoken to either of them, and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt where I can.)
When it comes to that post in particular, I do think it came down to someone wanting to get a message across and be rude. and it all escalated and got very out of hand from there.

If Eric wants to fix whatever the drama is between everyone, then hats off to him. It's a step forward, and a really good one at that

Morticia Mermaid
11-29-2012, 04:42 PM
For those interested, I will be posting a VERY information filled interview with Eric on my blog within the next 2 weeks. I encourage everyone to read it, but it is up to you if you want to read it. He opened up to me about some very sensitive information regarding his tails and I have been given permission to share this information in the interview. The information wont be posted until the interview, and then it will only be in the interview.

Dee Tal
11-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Sales tax isn't just another term for miscellaneous processing fees. It's a legally required amount to an agency. If this is a processing fee then I feel that he should be calling it as such.

And while Florida has been pushing for an Internet Sales Tax it doesn't appear anything has gone through. So it does indeed seem that customers should only be paying Sales Tax if they also live in Florida.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/florida-internet-sales-tax.html

LindseyLu
11-29-2012, 07:49 PM
I think it's pretty cool he's extending the olive branch, it shows maturity both on a personal and professional level. Kudos for that! I've wanted a tail from him for some time, but seeing some of the horrible verbal exchanges online between him (not always him, sometimes people he's associated with) and others has always been a huge put-off to me. So seeing him reaching out like this is very encouraging to me. And I am realizing as I type this that I shouldn't judge him on the actions of those close to him and other peoples personal experiences. I think I will take him up on this so I can establish my own opinion, and have the tail I've always wanted!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about the sales tax. He's an LLC (Limited Liability Company) and is responsible to collect and remit sales tax. I know the internet sales tax issue is a litte iffy in Florida, but he's probably just being a responsible and cautious business owner by collecting and remitting tax on all his sales. There's nothing wrong with that. If he was collecting sales tax from customers and not remitting it to FL he would be in a lot of trouble, on a Federal level since he is shipping out of state! That would be a really stupid business move resulting in the loss of his business, his money, and probably earn him jail time.

Dee Tal
11-29-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't feel that over-caution is needed, but instead self education regarding his business obligations. I'd rather not spend extra ($150 for a $2500 tail) because a business owner decides to give more money to a tax agency "just to be sure".

I'm sorry my responses have seemed negative, this is just bothering me a bit.

LindseyLu
11-29-2012, 11:25 PM
It's all good :) I can totally understand where your coming from. For a silicone tail that would be a lot if money in tax to have to pay! Maybe he'll honor our tax exempt status since we're Oregonians ;) Or maybe not? I'll ask him when I email him and if ur interested at all I'll let you know!

Dee Tal
11-30-2012, 12:05 AM
Yes, if you could that would be great. Thanks!

Edit: On second thought that's alright. I'd only be interested if he was going to correct his entire sales tax practice to charge all customers only what they should be paying.

Blondie
11-30-2012, 02:01 AM
Aw this is actually very nice. I applaud him for this and I might actually look into it. Very nice Eric, bravo. :highfive:

Mermaid Zaffiro
12-18-2012, 03:25 AM
Sounds interesting….But...I do not trust him…

-Annwyn-
12-18-2012, 05:14 AM
Sounds interesting….But...I do not trust him…

I trust him. This is a gracious move on his part, I think he should be commended for it.

Mermaid Zaffiro
12-18-2012, 04:33 PM
I trust him. This is a gracious move on his part, I think he should be commended for it.

I really would to trust him...But I don't like being made fun of...And Mr Erik broke my mermaid's dream for two times.
I really like the design of his last tail...But I'm too worried

-Annwyn-
12-19-2012, 04:39 AM
I really would to trust him...But I don't like being made fun of...And Mr Erik broke my mermaid's dream for two times.
I really like the design of his last tail...But I'm too worried

All he did was make an offer of a discount for everyone on Mernetwork. He isn't forcing you to buy from him.

amycishere
07-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Is this discount still running? Just put mernetwork in the coupon box? And then he checks all the information later?