PDA

View Full Version : seavixen designs 50% off

SeaVixen
11-29-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm not selling anything and I'm wanting to clean out my etsy. I may continue to sell through mernetworks new co-op in the future. But I really want to get rid of everything I've made already because I have a very small room and no space for all this stuff. I might even sell all the supplies I have eventually because they are under my bed taking up more space. This store thing isn't working out so far. I've poured over $400 in supplies and only made $60.50 back. I know I can make things but selling them isn't working out. Would anyone be interested if I made the prices 50% cheaper? If there's items you've been eyeing but couldn't pay the price it was would anyone go for it if it was marked down. No codes just changing the actual price. Tell me what y'all think. I'll post an announcement in my etsy letting everyone know that I've marked down the prices if anyone is interested. I really gotta clean out my etsy because I'm gunna have to shut it down because of the fees.

Thalassa
11-29-2012, 11:19 PM
I've been looking at the mermaid belt, if it were marked down I'd DEFINITELY buy it. :-)

Morticia Mermaid
11-29-2012, 11:40 PM
I've been eyeing that dark set you've got, but I'd REALLY love to be able to get a belt... Just can't afford $30+, not to mention I've got 42" hips :( If you had a dark belt in my size, I'd totally jump all over it

Moongazer
11-29-2012, 11:52 PM
If that purple belt was blue I would totally buy it.

Spindrift
11-30-2012, 12:38 AM
I don't think you should stop selling things! You definitely need to advertise more though, in my opinion. Are you only advertising through the two-three threads on MerNetwork? Getting a FB page with updates might give you access to a much wider audience. In any case, I'll definitely take another look at your store. Also keep in mind that with the MerNetwork Secret Santa about to start, people might buy from your shop as gift to give to others - especially if you mention that it's a possible source for holiday gifts.

Merrow Fair Isle
11-30-2012, 12:48 AM
I was looking at your shop,and you have great products. Your titles and tags however are not optimized for etsy searches or SEO. I would be more than happy to help, free of charge. I have a ver sucessful etsy shop, currently in vacay mode because my disability insurence people were having a cow about how quickly it grew and it comibg dangerously close to allowable income . All legal stuffthat boils down to " you can't sell anymore this year or you lose benifits". I opened in July 1st 2011 , and by May ( 10 months later) I was over 900 sales. My average item cost was 20 bucks, so you can do the math. I would love to help. No strings attached. They can shut me down , but they can' t stop me from helping others.
TheEclecticSlide.etsy.com
Feel free to look through my sales history and feedback if you like. Look at my titles and tagging. I wil be happy to exlain it all and whatnot. There is more than enough business out yhere for everyone!

Winged Mermaid
11-30-2012, 01:10 AM
Sorry things aren't going so well :( The market is tough. Here recently especially it seems. I hope if you decide to list on the Co-Op it will relieve some of the pressure of selling. 50% is really generous! If I did the same with my items I'd be selling at cost for pretty much all of them. Sounds like you have some takers already :)

Winged Mermaid
11-30-2012, 01:16 AM
I would love to help. No strings attached. ... Look at my titles and tagging. I wil be happy to exlain it all and whatnot. There is more than enough business out yhere for everyone!

I know a lot of people who get into online marketing have no idea how to promote or search optimize. Myself included. (I am absolutely horrid at self promotion, pretty much in every form :P) I don't know if it's too much to ask, but would you consider writing a tutorial for this kind of thing? We could make it a sticky on the forum, and I'm sure TailFlip and other places would love to pick it up! A lot of mer people don't realize that way more people that aren't even into mermaiding would buy their stuff just because it's pretty and appeals to their style- if only they knew enough to promote that those people could find it.

Merrow Fair Isle
11-30-2012, 01:23 AM
Sure!! I have plans tomorrow, but can do a post in the next few days. I' m no computer marketing whiz, I just seem to have figured it out well. I have helped several other friends increase thier etsy exposure and sails as well. I would looooooooooove to help :)

SeaVixen
11-30-2012, 02:32 AM
I have to get off etsy all together and just wanna sell the stuff listed. The person who's been paying the fees for me is going to be leaving soon and I can't manage it I don't think. I know I can't continue after I finally run out of supplies which is why I say some stuff I may have to sell because that same person has been buying the supplies. I'm unemployed while attending college full time so I'm broke. I can't do school and work at the same time because my grades suffer. Looks like my tail won't be happening anytime soon. The money I make from etsy is just gunna pay back the person who bought the supplies. It was fun while it lasted but all good things come to an end eventually I suppose. I guess I can still make some other things and list them but I really wanna try the co-op iona. No way I can manage those fees on a regular basis. Once I run out of crimp beads and findings like those whatever shells and seaweed and pearls I have left I'll sell. Not sure how I'm gunna get the tail now. Maybe somehow but it'll probably be in 3 years when I finish college and get my career started. I really do appreciate the support

Mermaid Jessica
11-30-2012, 07:35 AM
I'm sorry things didn't work out, SeaVixen. I hope you can figure out a way to keep making and selling things. I really love what you make, especially that charm bracelet and the belts! If I can get money soon (hopefully for Christmas/my birthday) and they haven't sold yet, I'll probably purchase them. Lowering the price would help but I understand you put a lot of time and effort into them.

Morticia Mermaid
11-30-2012, 09:58 AM
How much would you charge for a custom belt Vixen? I'm interested in getting one :) Specially since I'm going to be finishing my sequin tail within the next month

SeaVixen
11-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Yes I have put lots of time and effort into everything. I just figure I'm charging too much. Width of belts determine what price is. Sash would be the most. Normally I would charge $40 but I can go cheaper on that too

Morticia Mermaid
11-30-2012, 02:26 PM
I can help you figure out pricing if you want Vixen. I had to have my sis help me figure pricing out for my stuff too. She does online sales pricing stuff. I'll ask her the formula she uses for determining price and send it to you :)

Morticia Mermaid
11-30-2012, 02:45 PM
I sent you the formula my sister and I use, its in a message to your page on facebook :) I hope it helps with your pricing... It really helped me get mine figured out for all my stuff