PDA

View Full Version : Rhinestone Tiara/Headpiece

Mermaid Jewel
12-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Hey guys! So I started making a headpiece/tiara for a possible dance costume just for fun. It's made in a way meant for ballet, so it's light and easy to put on with bobby pins but they are NOT meant for underwater, dry events/shoots only. We have some similar to this and they sparkle wonderfully on stage!

This is obviously just the middle part haha.

But using all these dawn colors leaves me a lot of blue and green and white left, and with an arsenal of pearls, I'm thinking about making some of these to sell for mermaid events and such. This one's kinda rough, but it definitely looks better on a person. If anyone's interested, message me! :)

Mermaid Jewel
12-07-2012, 01:25 AM
I forgot to say how it's made haha. I just bent pipe cleaners then hot glued down jewels. I'll then put ribbon across the back. The rhinestones are pretty cheap but they seem pretty sturdy and the whole thing looks better held up to someone's head for some reason. Updates when I'm done!

Mermaid Wesley
12-07-2012, 01:36 AM
cute!

Mermaid Saphira
12-07-2012, 09:00 AM
so beautiful! great job :cool:

Mermaid Annariea
12-07-2012, 03:37 PM
i like this idea :D ive always wanted an awesome circlet hahaha.

Capt Nemo
12-07-2012, 05:02 PM
For Titania's and Terri's tiaras I used .032 and .020 stainless steel safety wire and glass beads/pearls. The top and bottom are 3 strands twisted together, and the spires are single strand, with .020 for interior work. The safety wire is 304 stainless and won't rust. Here's a good place to get the wire. https://www.airpartsinc.com/shopexd.asp?id=745