PDA

View Full Version : Cali mers that have bought from Stretch House

Usagi
12-08-2012, 03:56 PM
If you got your neoprene from Stretch House, how much was the shipping? That's where I was planning on buying from, but since they're in New York, I don't wanna end up paying tons of money for the shipping, as I have an extremely tight budget. Thanks! =)

Dacora
12-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I have heard that stretch house has ripped people off. I bought from macro international and I believe they are based in Cali. They shipped some neoprene to me (Texas ) the shipping was 10 dollars. Their website is on the materials section, if you can't find it I can link it to you.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

malinghi
12-08-2012, 04:58 PM
syd, if you're in LA I totally recommend buying from Macro International. Since they're in Irvine you can go to their warehouse and pick it out in person and then drive home with it. Plus they have a big selection and their clearance section is really cheap.

ShyMer
12-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Yeah, stretch house gave me neoprin, not neoprene. They're kinda sketchy too. Don't get stretch house fabric.

That's awesome that you live close enough to get to pick it out in person from Macro International. I'd jump on that.

Usagi
12-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Malinghi, how much do they usually charge per yard? Or do they sell pre-cut pieces?

malinghi
12-08-2012, 07:25 PM
They sell by sheets that are usually around 47" by 83", which is in my experience more than enough for one tail. Prices vary a lot based on thickness and what kind of fabric is laminated on the neoprene rubber. The cheapest they have is about 16 bucks for a sheet of 1.5 mm thick neoprene.

If you want info, just e-mail nelly.chandra@macrointlco.com. She's super helpful. She can e-mail you their current list of stuff that's on clearance, and can send you free samples of the neoprene if you want.

Usagi
12-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Wow, thanks! You're awesome!

malinghi
12-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Wow, thanks! You're awesome!

No prob, I'm excited when I can help!

BTW, one other thing- don't get uncoated neoprene. All the neoprene you normally see is laminated with nylon on both sides. Macro has tons of kinds of neoprene, including uncoated, and I bought some once cause I thought it would be good for a tail. Turns out paint doesn't bond well to it, and it has tons of friction, making it impossible to pull over your legs. So if you're thinking of getting any weird kinds of neoprene, definitely take advantage of their willingness to send small sample pieces so you can check it out first.

Usagi
12-09-2012, 04:00 AM
Oh, thanks for telling me! I'm planning on getting some after Christmas, but I like to plan ahead Haha I'm going to be using it to make a latex tail which, hopefully, I can do at least within the year. I'm unemployed, though, so I have no idea where I'm gonna get money from Haha it'll just have to be a very long process :P