PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid in Thailand

Mermaid Melanie
12-11-2012, 04:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Melanie. I'm from Scotland but I live and work in Thailand as a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer. Im 22 and I love life !

I think my mermaid obsession came when I was just 5 years old.
Im a redhead and when I was a kid my hair just would not grow so I fell in love with Ariel - I wanted hair like her. I would even lay in the bathtub with my hair in water asking my mother if I was more like Ariel. This went on for a few years and I eventually grew a smashing head of hair ! Which is now down past my bum !

I loved Ariel so much my mother painted my entire bedroom in this theme!

Scuba was as close as I thought I would get to being a "real Mermaid" but then I was made aware of another girl who was wearing a mermaid tail.

The Mermaid's workshop helped me to realise a dream of mine and here I am still doing it !

Weil I have written this 3 times now and it wont post so finger crossed :D

roamingmer
12-11-2012, 04:53 AM
Och; ya wee thing ya. I studied in Aberdeen and will return to Scotland one day; but the cold waters... I can see why you went to Thailand. Im also glad you get to live your dreams as a diver. When I did my diving in UK waters it was so cold that I gave up... and 15 years later regret not continuing.

Spindrift
12-11-2012, 04:53 AM
That's a really cute story. Are you and Kat located in Phuket?

Mermaid Melanie
12-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Nice im a fan of Aberdeen beach front it was great when i was a kid ! I started my drysuit course in June and will finish the open water section in Loch Long when i go back next summer :p I wanna dive with seals! ( Or selkies whatever you believe :P ) And its never too late to start again ! do a scuba review and you will be so surprised by what you remember ! I taught my father last year and he is 63 !

Spindrift - Yes Kat and I are based in Phuket :) perfect mermaiding playground !

MerAnthony
12-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Welcome to the forums an enjoy your stay.

Be Happy Swim Free

Mermaid Saphira
12-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the forum, sweetie! It's wonderful to have someone so enthusiastic about mermaids and life <3

AniaR
12-11-2012, 09:22 AM
welcome to the forum

Merrow Fair Isle
12-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Welcome Welcome!! I hope you enjoy your time here and get a ton of inspiration! <3

Ashe
12-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Welcome to Mernetwork!! And by the way, your avatar is really pretty! Is that a Magictail? :)

Mermaid Melanie
12-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys - glad I finally got my profile. and yep it was Magictail in my avatar - I have a green one but i have started my neoprene tail already - very excited about that !

Mermaid Annariea
12-11-2012, 12:25 PM
welcome! :D

babsannee
12-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Welcome!!!

Blondie
12-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Your avatar is stunning! Welcome to the Mernetwork!

Mermaid Melanie
12-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Thanks very much! it was taken in the Underwater World Aquarium in Pattaya as part of a swim for sharks project ! x

Sea Pearl
12-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Welcome Melanie! Glad you found us :)
I love Scotland it's such a beautiful place, I spent a lot of time there when I was young with living so close to the Scottish border.

Mermaid Melanie
12-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Thank you !

Yeah I spent a lot of time down in Hawick near Peebles on camping holidays with my friends ... and at music festivals there ! really nice place !

Spindrift
12-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Pattaya is fun lol. As they say... "good men go to heaven, bad men go to Pattaya". What was it like to do an aquarium swim there?

Mermaid Melanie
12-14-2012, 10:18 AM
yeah it was really nice great space to move in and the water was very clear plus nurse sharks, leopard sharks, giant travally , black tips and guitar sharks ! it was a really nice experience for a good cause !

Ithilindil
01-31-2013, 02:42 PM
I know, I'm late but I want to welcome you on mernetwork. I think you're lucky to be in Thailand, my Japanese friend lives there also.
I just received my Magictail today. Is it easy to swim with? I would like to try it in the amazing sea that surrounds Thailand.