PDA

View Full Version : So, I realized I never introduced myself...

Mermaid Danielle
12-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Yeah... my apologies :)

Anyways, I am Mermaid Danielle, Dolphin Danielle preferably. The name was given to me when I visited Princess Ariel, at Disney World, at the age of 9. :D -I really liked it, so I figured it would be a good mermaid name.

I am a 22 year old Biology major, with a Chemistry minor, and will be graduating this Spring 2013. Currently, my degrees include an Associates in Liberal Arts, and obviously, a high school diploma. I'm looking forward to adding a Bachelors of Science to that list :D

In addition to loving science, I absolutely love music. I have been playing the flute for the past decade, and the piccolo for the past five years. My favorite sport is marching band and, it is safe to say, music is an actual drug for me:) I can't go more than a day without at least listening to, or creating, a little music.

In addition to science and music, I have always loved anything to do with fantasy, hence the love of mermaids. Like many girls, my first introduction to mermaids was Disney's Ariel. I also love to write (one of my poems was published in a local art book), and have an account on fanfiction.net.

I have always loved being in the water and I know, going off of what my parents have told me, that I attribute the association between 'Love' and 'Water' back to the days from when I was an infant.

I would love to have mermaid-ing as a secondary job to my chosen career. I love to make people smile, an love to dress up as anything otherworldly.

I first learned of the mermaid community this past summer while reading online (I can't tell you how psyched I was to find out people actually made a career out of this), and I really admire mermaids such as Hannah Fraser, Mermaid Melissa, Linden Wolbert, and Raina. All of them have done some amazing things, and are huge inspirations. :)

I recently created an account on deviantart for myself as Mermaid Danielle, and I will be posting some of my artwork on it. I created a ceramic mermaid sculpture while doing my associates, and a light house while in high school. In addition to those, I have painted countless pictures of the ocean, sunsets, and ships that fit with the nautical theme of the family room of my parents home. I also enjoy drawing with pencil, and was working on a picture with a mermaid and dolphin in it (though I haven't touched it in a few months with school).

I guess that sums up anything mermaid relevant. I'm really excited to be apart of such an awesome community and thank all of you for being so welcoming.

Best Wishes!

Mermaid Celissa
12-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Welcome!

Mermaid Danielle
12-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Thanks Celissa :)

SeaGlass Siren
12-19-2012, 04:00 PM
wow cant wait to see your artwork :0

Mermaid Danielle
01-07-2013, 11:58 PM
wow cant wait to see your artwork :0

Hopefully I'll be able to post some of it in the next two weeks. I lost the cable that connects my camera to the computer, so I wasn't able to upload anything...