PDA

View Full Version : Scale print holographic fabric

Mermaid Saphira
12-26-2012, 11:28 AM
I was swimming around Google images when I spotted a company that actually sells scale print fabric that you can use for tails. It's beautiful and holographic and fairly well priced... www.spandexhouse.com (http://www.spandexhouse.com) . I would post the full link to find the fabric but my tablet won't let, but swim around and you should find it. I am so going to get it.

Mermaid Saphira
12-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Since I recently discovered spandexhouse has a bad rep. I swam around some more and spotted someone on etsy who sells the same material! Joytheseamstress I believe her name is. It really is beautiful :)

Ashe
12-26-2012, 11:41 AM
That sounds great! At the fabric store near where I live sells some, in all different colors like red, green, and orange! I am wanting to make a Ariel inspired tail with the green one :)

Mermaid Saphira
12-26-2012, 11:45 AM
That sounds wonderful! Good luck

lynsea
12-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Wow, that fabric is perfect! Unfortunately, I too have gotten ripped off by them in the past. Let us know if you find a large vendor!

MerAnthony
12-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Wow, that fabric is perfect! Unfortunately, I too have gotten ripped off by them in the past. Let us know if you find a large vendor!
Like you I know of a few people that make tails and they too have also been ripped off by this company. It is a sad way to due business.

Mermaid Saphira
12-30-2012, 12:36 PM
As stated before, a lovely lady on etsy sells this fabric in inches or yards depending on your project ....JoyTheSeamstress :)

AmbrGlows
07-01-2014, 08:55 AM
I see some time has past since anyone posted on this topic but in my search for fish scale print swim fabric SpandexHouse was on the top of the search results then followed by SpandexWorld. I would love some new feedback on both of these online companies.

Raayvhen
07-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Before reviving a two year old thread maybe use the search box instead?

AmbrGlows
07-01-2014, 09:47 AM
Before reviving a two year old thread maybe use the search box instead?
So sorry. I'm working from my phone and there is no Search icon loading anywhere on the page. Forgive my ignorance. Farewell.

Blaze
07-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Wow not the best reply to someone's first post? Before I replied here I tried to use the search box to see if anything came up when searching 'spandex' or 'fabric' or 'spandexhouse' and there were a LOT of hits to go through that did not have the information she was looking for. She even said she knew it was an old post but wanted more recent reviews; something that even with searching I couldn't find.

Anyways. I make fabric tails for others too. I've actually just ordered from SpandexHouse this week for a burlesque commission & I can say that their customer service is still horrible. You cannot pay online but have to wait for them to call you to take your payment info over the phone. Also, they only use fedex now and for *2* yards of spandex the shipping was $15.

Spandexworld on the other had doesn't have those problems & is where I recommend going first. Only use SH if you HAVE to.

Mermaid Momo
07-01-2014, 12:56 PM
yeah, that was a tid bit rudely worded.
MermaidAmbrglow, I suggest you not use SpandexHouse as their service is just getting worse. If you're looking for other spandex fabrics, try searching around on Etsy or http://fabric.com