PDA

View Full Version : Monofin Foot Pocket Problem

MermaidBrittany
12-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Hey all,
I Just got a new competitor monofin for christmas, but im really worried about the foot pockets. I took it out of the box and I found that the rubber on the outside of the right footpocket is REALLY thin. I was thinking maybe I need to contact the company that sold it to me? Or will it be ok?

When I put it up against the light its easy to see. The light are is where its very thin.
I dont want to swim in it until I know I can. :/

MermaidBrittany

AniaR
12-26-2012, 07:37 PM
those images are kinda blurry I can't really see.... but I have a competitor fin in my tail and there's no issue. It feels pretty thin to me too.

Odette
12-26-2012, 08:20 PM
good eye! Shouldn't be a problem. its natural rubber,isoprene which has long macromolecules. they add curing agents like sulfur and vulcanize the stuff to make it extra tough.the rubber is softer where they mold the foot part,but there is less force at the area of the heel,so it should be alright. if you are truly concerned still, you can call the company.

MermaidBrittany
12-27-2012, 12:57 AM
good eye! Shouldn't be a problem. its natural rubber,isoprene which has long macromolecules. they add curing agents like sulfur and vulcanize the stuff to make it extra tough.the rubber is softer where they mold the foot part,but there is less force at the area of the heel,so it should be alright. if you are truly concerned still, you can call the company.

OK awesome ill take your word for it :) Thank you so much for the information!

Odette
12-27-2012, 11:00 PM
OK awesome ill take your word for it :) Thank you so much for the information!
aww! ^^ your welcome