PDA

View Full Version : Finis Wave vs Rapid

MermaidKallan
08-10-2011, 01:50 AM
Hi all~
I was thinking about getting a Finis Rapid monofin for my new tail, but after looking into it, it seems many people are just using the Wave. So now I'm wondering, is the Rapid better because it's bigger=more propulsion? Or does the Wave work just as well, with smaller dimensions? Also, some people mention the size of the Wave, someone said it only fits narrow feet, another person said it could fit their size 9 feet. I have size 7 1/2, not wide or narrow feet. Would this fit, or should I just go for the Rapid?

Imogen Finnly
10-16-2013, 08:30 PM
The wave is advertised as a monofin for youth that is just starting out but the rapid is a bigger adult version of that. I hear quiet of few people use the wave just as well as the rapid. If this is your first time using a mono fin I would try out something smaller just to get the hang of it. either way they both have plenty of propulsion. If you go on the finis website I think the wave is about 60 or so while the rapid is about 90. they also have the finis foil which is what I use. its soft and all rubber. Just do your homework to see what's perfect for you.

MerAnthony
10-16-2013, 09:21 PM
I have a Rapid an I did a compare between the 2. They are basicly the same. The only difference I see between the 2 are the wave is for smaller feet, but basicly the same.

Jessica
10-16-2013, 09:27 PM
I have a wave and I love it. My shoe size is 7 or 7 1/2 and it fits perfectly. I think you would need neoprene socks if you got a rapid...the foot pockets are larger.

sashiyoop
12-04-2013, 09:31 PM
I've had a Wave for the past four years (I'm 16), and I've never grown out of it (recently, I've found myself tightening it). Aside from the heel strap I've recently had to replace, it's been a really good monofin.