PDA

View Full Version : Funny Moments with Kids...

AniaR
12-29-2012, 09:59 PM
So I do a LOT of kids parties, and kid events. I gotta say, they pull some seriously hilarious stuff. Like, super funny.

You've heard me rant about the obsession with mermaid boobs... well today, as soon as I got in the pool, a bunch of girls basically glomped me anime style so they could grope my scaley boobs. It was so funny and awkward....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548004_521309841237097_1888187355_n.jpg

Have you had some funny moments with kids? I have a few more I can share later :)

Mermaid Lorelei
12-29-2012, 11:00 PM
I must say, I have never had kids go for the boobs quite like that...

Mermaid Celissa
12-29-2012, 11:05 PM
When I went to the beach in South Carolina with my family, I had a run-in with a three-year-old. My cousin and I tell the story of what happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05jXHx3g7Vs

She also asked me if I put sparkly stickers on my tail, but for some reason I didn't mention it in the video.

MerAnthony
12-30-2012, 10:13 AM
I may not be a professional or get paid for parties, But during the summer I was camping. I was swimming in my tail for the first time I heard a child yell to his mother" LOOK MOMMY IT'S A MERMAID" an he was pointing to me. Well the mother and her son came over an started asking me all types of questions. I was just funny that he thought I was real. LOL

SeaGlass Siren
12-30-2012, 10:24 AM
i was swimming in the local pool just practicing DOLPHIN KICKS. and my head popped out from the water in front of a child about 1-2 years old? he started screaming ;__;

Mermaid Saphira
12-30-2012, 12:53 PM
First off.. scaly mermaid boobs? That is the first thing they go for?? I have had many funny moments with kids at the beach. Once, a little girl (roughly 4-5?) asked Bubbles and I if we were real. Of course we said yes, we didn't want to crush her dreams. She asked us if we could get legs. We told her that we could if we were dry. In reply to this, she said.. " I got a camera waaayyy up on that pole and I'm going to see you get legs." LOL! Another time we had just gotten in the water near a group of boys playing pirates with water guns. The minute they saw us, they yelled "Get the mermaids!!" We swam out just as fast as we had climbed in O_O.

Bellasea
12-30-2012, 02:08 PM
This past summer I was sitting in my tail looking for petuski (yeah, I spelled tgat wrong, but they are fossils tgat you can find in the great lakes) stones. This little boy walks up to me and ask what am I doing. I tell hom. he says that's cool and then talk to me about rocks from almost an hour. Not once did he comment on my tail. Even when other people came up to me and talk to me about my mermaid tail.

Usagi
12-30-2012, 02:41 PM
This isn't really mer-related, but I dressed up as Ariel for Halloween this past year (you can see a picture on my profile. it really was NOT very convincing. lol). My boyfriend took me to see my niece and nephew at the end of their trick or treating. We stopped where they were and as soon as I got out of the car, my niece yells, "Ariel!" then once I started talking, she quietly said, "Hi Syd.." but then as I was about to leave, she shouts, "Bye Ariel!" she looked like one of the most confused 3 year olds ever. I asked her about it the next day, and she knows that I have a pink Ariel dress, but also believed that she saw Ariel. The mind of a toddler is quite amusing.

BlueMermaid
12-31-2012, 02:30 PM
So Raina, I always have kids touching my shells. (and I kindly remind them that they should never touch someones shells!) But they always ask me if they are real. Well sometimes I've worn plastic ones....lol Anyway, I'm curious if the kids ever ask you about your scale top? And how you answer? (in case I ever wear one)