PDA

View Full Version : Ever gone snorkeling in your tail? Like with a cruise ship excursion?

Melanie
12-31-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm taking a cruise with my family this coming summer and very curious if I will be able to wear my tail LOL.

Mermaid Saphira
12-31-2012, 07:47 PM
While I am no help, I do hope that you enjoy your cruise! :3

Melanie
12-31-2012, 08:04 PM
Haha thanks! I'm determined to have a new tail by then no matter how much room it takes up in the cabin and how many crazy looks I get. I can't live on a boat for a week without my tail!!

Mermaid Saphira
12-31-2012, 08:17 PM
Haha thanks! I'm determined to have a new tail by then no matter how much room it takes up in the cabin and how many crazy looks I get. I can't live on a boat for a week without my tail!! A new tail? Where do you plan on getting it from? Another from magictail, perhaps? Crazy looks shouldn't matter and the withdrawl from your tail is tough ;)

Mermaid Harmony
12-31-2012, 08:24 PM
I snorkel pry once or twice a week in my tail with coridion. :-) We just put on our tail and our snorkeling masks and go to town. It's a blast.

Melanie
12-31-2012, 08:25 PM
Oh it sure doesn't hahahaha. Fishbutts or Raven if I can pull that off.

Unless Mike decides to sell another Aquamarine tail on eBay sometime soon haha!

Mermaid Saphira
12-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Oh it sure doesn't hahahaha. Fishbutts or Raven if I can pull that off.

Unless Mike decides to sell another Aquamarine tail on eBay sometime soon haha!
Good choices! Both are such wonderful tailmakers. And yes, I totally agree with Mike's aquamarine tails...so beautiful <3

Neria
12-31-2012, 10:30 PM
I am going on a trip with my family to Cozumel over Spring Break. I am going to bring my tail and I plan on doing a lot of snorkeling with it :P

Arella
01-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Same here but I don't know if I want to bring mine or not...

Melanie
01-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Be sure to let me know how it goes!! My mom said she thinks they just might make me wear a life vest but I mean I'm sure other people bring their own gear and that's what my tail is to me LOL.

Mermaid Annariea
01-01-2013, 12:37 PM
i dont see why you couldnt. ive always wanted to, it seems like it would be so much fun. and little kids would LOVE IT. :D

Bellasea
01-01-2013, 02:12 PM
You should be allowed, if not you could always just use a monofin.

halesloveswhales
01-01-2013, 03:02 PM
How would the mermaid swimming motion do with snorkeling? I usually end up swimming with my whole body, so I feel like the snorkel would go in and out of the water. Haha.

Neria
01-01-2013, 03:31 PM
How would the mermaid swimming motion do with snorkeling? I usually end up swimming with my whole body, so I feel like the snorkel would go in and out of the water. Haha.

I actually wasn't planning on using a snorkel, I was just going to use goggles. You're right, if you used a snorkel it end up being filled with water :P

FreshWaterMermaid
01-02-2013, 12:56 AM
There should be no problem with you using your tail. Perhaps on the cruise ship pools, there might be issues.
And snorkeling can totally be down while wearing a tail, or monofin :)
I love it! Makes you feel more like a dolphin. I wanna get one of those front mounting snorkels, but I'm not sure about how the range of vision works with one on LOL
Have fun in Cozumel!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Traveling Merman
01-02-2013, 07:06 AM
I'm a cruise ship employee, and sadly it all depends on which company and what type of excursion. I know that they aren't allowed on Disney unless your either employed to do it as a job for them performing for guests, or if you're a fully trained scuba/freediving master and they pretty much don't have to look after you, as god forbid if you drowned that would be the end of the cruise line's rep! (Think how bad costa cruises looks after 2 ships sunk!)

Melanie
01-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Haha yeah I work for Disney and I was literally just saying to my mom that's the one cruise I would never bring it to because I know their character policies would cause issues with it.

Traveling Merman
01-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Aww cool where do you work? We should meet and trade war stories! Lol

Melanie
01-02-2013, 11:20 PM
I used to work at Disneyland but just left to finish my degree in Georgia. I plan to go back after I graduate though because it was seriously the time of my life.

Mermaid Saphira
01-03-2013, 08:46 AM
^ You worked at disney? wow that is amazing! :)

Melanie
01-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Yes I did! It was a real dream come true. Just wish they still had mermaids that swam in the lagoon!!

lasserine
01-04-2013, 11:34 AM
I dont think it would be a problem, binging your tail snorkeling. That does sound like fun.

Azurin Luna
01-04-2013, 03:54 PM
I went snorkeling with my monofin alone. I had my tail with me, but the aft end of the boat was to rough to get my tail safely on without damaging. If that wasn't the case, I could go with my tail, I only had to take one of the diver floaters with me to be sure I could float without trouble

Jinx
06-05-2015, 02:01 AM
I'm a cruise ship employee, and sadly it all depends on which company and what type of excursion. I know that they aren't allowed on Disney unless your either employed to do it as a job for them performing for guests, or if you're a fully trained scuba/freediving master and they pretty much don't have to look after you, as god forbid if you drowned that would be the end of the cruise line's rep! (Think how bad costa cruises looks after 2 ships sunk!)

What cruise line do you work for if you don't mind sharing?

Mermaid Wesley
06-05-2015, 02:04 AM
I don't think this member is active anymore. Make sure to check the dates on threads before responding! This one is from 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jinx
06-05-2015, 02:13 AM
I don't think this member is active anymore. Make sure to check the dates on threads before responding! This one is from 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I realize that may be and I did check the date. I have gone months without being active before and when I got a message in my email that someone replied to a comment I logged on. So I figured that might also be the case with anyone else. There is no point in not trying right...

Merman Storm
01-12-2016, 10:16 PM
I took my tail on a cruise with Princess. I used it in the ship's pool, no issues. I got quite a few questions from the other guests.
I also took it on three excursions. On the first, swimming with stingrays, I was not allowed to use it. But no one could use fins (for fear of hitting a stingray) so that's not really a good test. The next was a snorkeling trip with a shore entry. I used my tail there with no issue. Finally, there was the excursion to turtle cove, entry from stairs from the boat. Again, I used it without issue. In the picture, note the name of the bar behind me.

Keiris
01-12-2016, 10:51 PM
That's awesome!!!