PDA

View Full Version : Was I the only one who couldn't even finish "Fishtales?"

Melanie
01-02-2013, 11:06 AM
It was so awful haha. I just couldn't do it.

I admit that I study film so I am a bit of a snob but I am able to turn a blind eye for anything with mermaids (I seriously love "Aquamarine" way too much but it's just so cute!!), but seriously what was going on in this film? Yikes.

Mermaid Celissa
01-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Exactly! I bought it on my iPod and tried getting a mermaidy feel by watching it in the bath, but I just didn't get it. I watched it on and off until finally I made it to the end. I wasn't too big a fan of the tail. The H2O shape was kind of cool, but the purple and green stripes just did it in. Eeek.

Mermaid Saphira
01-02-2013, 11:19 AM
While I wasn't exactly fond of the movie, I did like her tail. I loved the look and the unique colors of it. It was certainly beautiful :)

Mermaid Cascada
01-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Lol don't even get me started on that movie... I hate to say it but that is my least favorite mermaid movie...

halesloveswhales
01-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Haha I tried to watch it, too. I ended up just skipping to the underwater parts so I could see her swimming.

Mermaid Allie
01-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Same here. I didn't love the choice of color either. She looked like barney.

Melanie
01-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Lol if mers didn't even like it that's a pretty big sign that it failed.

MerEmma
02-21-2013, 04:55 PM
I actually hadn't thought I had seen it but I had at some point. I recently watched it for swimming scenes. It wasn't terrible the first time I watched it, and I went all the way through it that time. This time though, I knew exactly what was going to happen. =P

Ashe
02-21-2013, 06:44 PM
I didn't like it, barely got through half of it before switching to another movie. And the tail was very... interesting. Yeah, I didn't like the colors and design to much.

Mermaid Julianne
02-24-2013, 12:59 AM
You guys weren't the only ones who didn't like it. I read somewhere, I'm pretty sure it was wiki or rotten tomatoes, that when the movie was released in Greece, almost all the people left halfway through the movie.

I definitely agree. The movie is terrible. There were multiple holes in the plot, the characters were confusing, and the tail was... well you saw the tail. Overall, I had to force myself through it.

DexRicon
02-25-2013, 02:03 PM
It was a sad movie to watch. The plot wasn't bad. Sure, some things could have been tweaked and the ending was awful, but the seeds of a good story were there. The main actors (excluding the comic relief, more on that in a moment) had chemistry and timing. The movie wasn't sure what it wanted to be. Did it want to be a coming of age tale or an adult romance? Comedy or drama? Did the mystical creature need to be a mermaid? They could have very well made her some sort of angel and given the guy a fear of heights and the plot wouldn't have been affected one little bit. This what happens when an incompetent director gets delusions of grandeur. He thought he could act, he thought he knew story structure, and he thought he could pull it off on a small budget. Uwe Boll would be proud of his failure on all three counts.

seagirls626
02-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Ugh. I agree. The plot was so-so, the acting was TERRIBLE, and overall, it was just a hard movie to watch. I too had to force myself through it. I did NOT like the ending at all.