PDA

View Full Version : Save.

TheSolitarySiren
01-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Look at you all,

So beautifully swimming in your wonderfully made tails, whether it was yourself that made them or someone else, of all the mermaids I've seen gliding through the water I’m always so jealous that I don’t have a fin to splash in. Granted, I don’t need one, I do just fine with my imagination, although I wish to bring that imagination into a mythical reality. Now I believe it’s my time to soar through the water with a tail. I, sadly, do not plan on making one of my own, as much of a creative person I am and always making things on my own accord, this is one task that I will leave into the hands of another. I've already picked my creator to form my tail; I already have plans for its look, feel, and flow. I incessantly dream of swimming in the waters near me, exploring as my creature-self, and smiling at the wonders I could do.

My only problem is finance. Ah, the world’s ‘commodity’ that sets me back. I suppose, regardless of me making one or buying one, a person is subjugated to ‘funds’. Finance is something that does not hold well in my life, if I have it, it disappears in an instant due to the requesting reality. So, I ask my fellow mers, how did you save for your tail? How are ways to save for a tail? Did you have difficulty not spending your savings? What kind of fundraiser can you think of? What are some saving tactics you could share?

At this moment I've made a funding progress chart. Inspired off of David Sauri (http://claymermaid.blogspot.com/)’s art piece entitled: (http://claymermaid.blogspot.com/2012/10/saving-up-for-my-dream-tail.html)Saving up for my dream tail (http://claymermaid.blogspot.com/2012/10/saving-up-for-my-dream-tail.html).

I constantly keep telling myself and others that I've started to save, but sadly my progress chart has not gone up just quite yet.

TheSolitarySiren

SeaGlass Siren
01-04-2013, 03:02 PM
I just worked and saved up. It's a very slow process. it depends on who you are buying from as well. who are you looking to purchase from?

AniaR
01-04-2013, 03:15 PM
saved up, asked for people to give me $$ as gifts during my bday and holidays etc, fundraised, and got sponsors. Fundraising for a tail and how to get sponsors is a section in the book I'll be publishing soon too :)

AniaR
01-04-2013, 03:16 PM

this works too ;)

ShyMer
01-04-2013, 04:04 PM
You might want to take a look at your priorities when it comes to spending. If you give up a few things for a while, like eating out or entertainment, your savings will go up a lot faster. I found that I didn't need cable tv, for example, so that's something I can put towards other things.

It might help to put your tail fund in its own bank account so you don't touch it for other things.

Mermaid Saphira
01-04-2013, 04:37 PM
For my tail, I sold items on etsy to save up. If you are a creative artist, I'm sure you could make a few mermaid-y things to sell on etsy or the merfolk co-op ;) good luck

SeaGlass Siren
01-04-2013, 04:59 PM

this works too ;)

i like this. where did you get this o-o

TheSolitarySiren
01-05-2013, 07:09 AM
First off, thank you to all who reply to my topic. Knowing others are helping me brings me such joy, I'm usually ignored when I am in need of assistance and am usually only wanted for others purposes. So, it's nice finally getting answers and suggestions I've long awaited.

I just worked and saved up. It's a very slow process. it depends on who you are buying from as well. who are you looking to purchase from?

I do very much expect it to be a slow process. Time is something I know I must acquire in order to get where I want to be as well as working effort. I also do plan on purchasing my tail from a very well known and talented artist. The maker themselves is a secret!~ For I plan to wow you all when the time comes. :) Thank you for your input.

saved up, asked for people to give me $$ as gifts during my bday and holidays etc, fundraised, and got sponsors. Fundraising for a tail and how to get sponsors is a section in the book I'll be publishing soon too :)

Not many holidays are near by at this beginning of the year for 'gift-giving' purposes as I understand and sadly my birthday is in December. I would like to do fundraisers. Would you have any fundraising suggestions? And What kind of sponsors? Where would I even start with sponsors? Congratulations on creating and publishing a book, by the way. I wish you all the best with it and thank you for your suggestions, especially your chart idea. :D

You might want to take a look at your priorities when it comes to spending. If you give up a few things for a while, like eating out or entertainment, your savings will go up a lot faster. I found that I didn't need cable tv, for example, so that's something I can put towards other things.

It might help to put your tail fund in its own bank account so you don't touch it for other things.

Oh yes! This is something I have done already. I've given up such things like that. I'm constantly trying to find new things to crack down on.
I'm worried about putting my tail fund in a bank at the moment. I feel like it's just skepticism due to a particular someone I live with. But no fret, I do plan to keep my savings in various places, I have multiple piggy banks (a lion, crayon, and Disney box.) I keep extra money in and will place more in extra savings account. Thank you!

For my tail, I sold items on etsy to save up. If you are a creative artist, I'm sure you could make a few mermaid-y things to sell on etsy or the merfolk co-op ;) good luck

Why I am!~ I do have an etsy shop and have sold many various items. Sadly, most of what I made had to go to rent. But by February I shouldn't be backed up and will have etsy money to have for my tail!~ I actually almost forgot about it. I suppose it's because I use it for rent money all last year. :| Thank you.