PDA

View Full Version : Dorsal Fin

MermaidHyli
01-07-2013, 09:10 AM
So I am a very new mermaid to this whole thing. I have attempted two tails which were neoprene and silicone(hardware silicone). Now I am taking on the challenge of making a big girl tail(just full dragon skin silicone). I'm pretty sure I have everything down, plus I talked to the people from a distributor of smooth on and he was very helpful (caters to the Walking Dead, SOO COOL) anyways, the last part I am stuck on is the dorsal fin. I have heard types of flooring look good or just straight silicone. I am assuming a mold has to be done and since my I've used about thirty pounds of clay to make my scales I believe I may have enough to make the dorsal fins. Now..to the whole attachment part...silicone sticks to silicone so shall i just stick it onto the scales or do that overlapping thing. The only other question I can think of is about tearing. After reading so much information (been researching about 6 months before I started this endeavor) I am terrified of not curing the dragon skin properly when casting the scales,fluke, and extra fins. I know it is practice makes perfect but with this stuff being so gosh darn expensive is there any tips ya'll could give. it would be greatly appreciated. =]