PDA

View Full Version : My poor dog

Shivice
01-07-2013, 09:44 AM
So last week I found out that my dog has a cancerous bone tumor. My mom can either amputate his leg, or put him down. He’s between 4-6years of age and has the rest of his life to live. My mom is thinking about putting him down. To me, that’s the easy way out. I asked her why would you want to put him down and she said nothing. I don’t agree with her putting him down when he can live out the rest of his life with only 3 legs. I need to get the money to afford the surgery. Could anyone help me out?? I would really appreciate it.

Ashe
01-07-2013, 09:59 AM
I am so so sorry! I know how hard that must be :(. I wish I could help, but I don't have any money (only a kid). Hopefully someone else can give and help your dog

Shivice
01-07-2013, 10:39 AM
I hope so. Thank you even though you can't help right now.

Mermaid Saphira
01-07-2013, 10:41 AM
I couldn't imagine what it would be like if I was to face this decsion with either of my dogs.
Al though I can not help you, I wish the best of luck to you in your fundraising <3 <3 <3

Shivice
01-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Thank you. What makes it worse is we already lost a dog a few years ago due to the same illness.

Odette
01-07-2013, 01:12 PM
alot of people will want to put the dog down when surgery comes up. does the clinic have care credit?care credit allows you to make payments. you can also check other places for estimates. i helped with an amputation before.takes hours.he will stumble for a little while but they always live a normal life afterwards. i dont think he will need the bloodwork before surgery because he is still pretty young and its reserved for older dogs.

This has happened before?do you keep getting the same breed?

i doubt anyone on here will be able to help as alot of members are young and the older ones seem to have a low income so i suggest talking to your mom more about this. care credit is the best option for this. talk to your mom about that. i wish you the best of luck!

Mermaid Cascada
01-07-2013, 05:07 PM
I am so sorry about your dog. I wish I could help but I don't have any money... :(

Mermaid Danielle
01-07-2013, 06:37 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't have the ability to help you (I barely made the payment for school this month) other then by keeping you, your dog, and your family in my prayers. I hope everything works out...

MerEmma
01-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for you. How much is the surgery? I'd like to help out, but I'm not sure if my mum would let me. =\

Shivice
01-07-2013, 11:19 PM
alot of people will want to put the dog down when surgery comes up. does the clinic have care credit?care credit allows you to make payments. you can also check other places for estimates. i helped with an amputation before.takes hours.he will stumble for a little while but they always live a normal life afterwards. i dont think he will need the bloodwork before surgery because he is still pretty young and its reserved for older dogs.

This has happened before?do you keep getting the same breed?

i doubt anyone on here will be able to help as alot of members are young and the older ones seem to have a low income so i suggest talking to your mom more about this. care credit is the best option for this. talk to your mom about that. i wish you the best of luck!

Our other dog Leo was a lab/rot mix. Herman is a dane/lab. Leo's tumor was in his knee, Herman's is in his ankle. My mom isn't sure we will be approved for care credit. We are looking around for the best place to go.

Thank you guys for all your support.

Merrow Fair Isle
01-18-2013, 11:13 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your dog. Sending lots of good vibes your way.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2