PDA

View Full Version : Get adobe photoshop cs2 LEGALLY AND FOR FREE

AniaR
01-07-2013, 10:30 PM
They're currently giving away old software from adobe!!! But it's great, free, legal, AND YOU CAN ALL HAVE PROFESSIONAL TOOLS FOR YOUR MER PHOTOS AND VIDEOS!

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

I just downloaded and installed it after researching it to hell. It's legit!

OrcaMatt
01-07-2013, 10:41 PM
That's interesting, the page being back up (it went down almost immediately) means it might be legit. Figured when it went down, they realized the error (they just End Of Life'd the CS2 series and shut down the registration servers, so they put up permanent keys for legacy CS2 customers in case they have to re-install (in which case, their old keys wouldn't verify, because the servers were taken offline)) and pulled it.

Granted, while the page was down, direct links to the downloads still worked ;)

Morticia Mermaid
01-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Which all did you download Raina? I've actually been looking for photo editing stuff all day

OrcaMatt
01-07-2013, 10:54 PM
If you just need photo editing, get Photoshop CS2. Installing the three-part CS2 suite is a bit of a hassle, but the PDF should walk you through it alright.

General Caveats:
* This version of Premier (according to somebody on Reddit) doesn't support MP4 files, which a lot of things put out by default
* The Mac versions are all PowerPC, so won't run natively on Intel-based Macs.

AniaR
01-07-2013, 10:55 PM
I got CS2 and then I got Premier Pro for editing videos, and their music one adobe audition too.

Adobe made a statement apparently that it was an oversight at first but then they decided to allow it for everyone. :) It's old software but still, if it gets people hooked they'll want to upgrade in the future! I'm just so excited for content aware!!! :D

Mermaid Isabela
01-07-2013, 11:00 PM
Thankyou Raina! I saw this posted on tumblr but the link they provided didn't work for me and I wasn't sure how 'legal' it was! C:

Morticia Mermaid
01-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Thanks much Raina. I downloaded Photoshop CS2 and am playing with it now. Probably going to take a while to get it figured out though

AniaR
01-07-2013, 11:12 PM
there are great visual tutorials all over the web and on youtube :D I practically cried when I saw this. LOL so happy!!! I have been so frustrated with my inability to afford anything to edit my videos with. I always use windows movie maker because it's free but it's CRAP. I feel like a whole new world just opened up to me for making my mermaid videos. I am so stoaked

Elle
01-07-2013, 11:59 PM
What's the serial number?

NerineArcticMermaid
01-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Im good with adobe. Message me if you want help. Might do a tinychat demo or somehing...

also raina.. i need help getting audition downloaded... I dunno which file to do

NerineArcticMermaid
01-08-2013, 12:05 AM
serial number is on the page with the download links... off to the right hand side... long string of numbers

Elle
01-08-2013, 12:06 AM
shows how well I pay attention.. :)

NerineArcticMermaid
01-08-2013, 12:09 AM
I didnt see it at first either.. no worries LOL!

Rain
01-08-2013, 12:09 AM
;D This is great, I can start learning to do so many things with this. Thanks for the info.

Winged Mermaid
01-08-2013, 12:51 AM
* The Mac versions are all PowerPC, so won't run natively on Intel-based Macs.

BOO! I have an intel based Mac D: Mac doesn't even support PowerPC anymore so.. wtf. *sadness*

NerineArcticMermaid
01-08-2013, 12:54 AM
dang that sucks Iona.. :(

Mermaid Saphira
01-08-2013, 08:30 AM
YAY! >.>

MerAnthony
01-08-2013, 08:45 AM
WOW !!! Way cool I'll have to check this out.

roamingmer
01-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Ok here is the real deal - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/01/08/free_adobe_cs2_download/

“You have heard wrong! Adobe is absolutely not providing free copies of CS2!

What is true is that Adobe is terminating the activation servers for CS2 and that for existing licensed users of CS2 who need to reinstall their software, copies of CS2 that don't require activation but do require valid serial numbers are available. (Special serial numbers are provided on the page for each product download.)

You are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you have a valid license to the product!”
so says Adobe employee Dov Isaacs in this post (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4974662#4974662)

AniaR
01-08-2013, 12:31 PM
that's what they originally said, but the followed up with an announcement saying because of the oversight they're now allowing it.

I already did it. It works. I downloaded all my stuff, serial numbers worked, registered for everything, and I didn't previously own anything. Tested it all, it all works!

OrcaMatt
01-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Where was the announcement posted? I went to install and decided to check that the keys I had were the latest ones, and everything I see on their forum is that 'yes it happened, no, it's not for you'.

Would feel better about it with something from them.

NerineArcticMermaid
01-08-2013, 04:00 PM
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

heres the link again just incase :D

Mermaid Evolet
02-09-2013, 02:20 PM
i'm so glad i found this post, i was searching for a free photoshop all day
but now i have a problem, i really suck with install things :headdesk:

can somebody make a tutorial? or just write me how to install this right
i already downloaded it but there are so many files and there is no icon on my desktop
please i REALLY need help

AniaR
02-09-2013, 02:24 PM
just open th efiles you downloaded they auto run, then all you have to do is use the serial numbers provided.

Mermaid Evolet
02-09-2013, 02:51 PM
ok thanks but i still have no icon just more files

Mermaid Evolet
02-09-2013, 03:28 PM
ok i got it to this point

Kanti
02-09-2013, 03:46 PM
How cool!
But I honestly have no idea what I'm doing.

There are too many things to choose from! O_O

Winged Mermaid
02-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Looks like adobe shut it down. What it says on the page:
'

Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products, including Acrobat 7, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than seven years ago, do not run on many modern operating systems, and are no longer supported.

Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products.

I think without the activation server you can't activate the software and you'll always get that error. Sorry :(

Kanti
02-09-2013, 04:25 PM
How this forum made me feel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwRUJXBI_7Q

AniaR
02-09-2013, 04:47 PM
ahaha I'm so sorry. It was up for a while and worked fine for me and still works fine. Guess it was just a window of opportunity

Kanti
02-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Hehe yea, oh well, though.
Didn't lose anything trying it out so I'm alright with it.

Mermaid Evolet
02-10-2013, 01:11 PM
well crap
why does this always happen to me :headwall:

TheChimera
11-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Could there be an IDevice app for these?

Mermaid Momo
11-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Could there be an IDevice app for these?

I know iMovie is in the App Store but i dont know about any other apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Dee Tal
11-15-2013, 11:54 PM
for those going through hassles installing this and would like a truly free, opensource, alternative there is always http://www.gimp.org/

Winged Mermaid
11-16-2013, 12:14 AM
Gimp IS great, and is a awesome beginners tool! However, after switching to photoshop I would never go back. It blew my mind how much easier it was to do the same functions!

TheChimera
11-16-2013, 03:00 AM
I know iMovie is in the App Store but i dont know about any other apps.

Awesome , thanks i'll have a look

Mermaid Momo
11-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Gimp IS great, and is a awesome beginners tool! However, after switching to photoshop I would never go back. It blew my mind how much easier it was to do the same functions!

Same! Even though I don't have PS I have paint tool sai and paint.net and it's so much easier to use! Paint.net is also free and you can find a lot of free plugins to add into it to do a bunch of features

AptaMer
05-15-2014, 07:06 AM
Here's a good explanation of what happened

http://www.techspot.com/news/51316-adobe-offering-creative-suite-2-for-free-but-they-didnt-mean-to.html

Bottom line: Adobe released copies of the various CS softwares that didn't need activation because they didn't want to keep running a server to activate the old versions of the software, but they got so much flak for cutting people off who wanted to stay with the old software and didn't want the new versions, they offered them a solution that would let them keep on using the old versions without costing the company more money. Without thinking, of course, that news of how to access the downloads would spread virally.

Looks like adobe shut it down. What it says on the page:

"Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products, including Acrobat 7, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than seven years ago, do not run on many modern operating systems, and are no longer supported.

Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products."

I think without the activation server you can't activate the software and you'll always get that error. Sorry :(

So in reply to what Winged Marmaid said: if you have a copy of the original software that required internet-based activation to one of Adobe's servers, you can't get that to work anymore. Adobe shut down the server.

If you have a copy of the software that doesn't need activation, that Adobe released for free download for a while in early 2013, then you just need the serial numbers that were on Adobe's download page, and you've got it better than with the new software versions- you don't even need to activate at all.

I do need to call BS on what Adobe wrote though. Between home and work I use 4 very different computers, 3 of which have Windows 7, one of which has Linux. The various Adobe CS products run fine on all of them- including the Linux computer. On my personal computers, both desktop & laptop, I found I didn't actually like Photoshop CS.

I preferred Photoshop 7. I'm not a very advanced user, and I don't actually use any of the features that are in the newer CS versions of the program, and so I deleted CS back in the day and reinstalled Photoshop 7 because it starts up faster and processes large pictures faster. I'm still using it. In fact I installed it on the Linux computer at work (using WINE) and Photoshop 7 runs under Linux just fine too.

So don't believe Adobe's marketing hype when they say their old programs won't work on newer computers.

AniaR
08-25-2014, 05:40 PM
so this is up again and works, I just installed http://anahita-thepersianmermaid.tumblr.com/post/95762911297/rock-bomber-kyleehenke has the links and instructions

Mermaid Wesley
08-25-2014, 07:29 PM
Cool!! I hope it works for Mac this time....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AniaR
08-25-2014, 07:43 PM
if you have windows 8 it may not work until they patch the latest windows update