PDA

View Full Version : IP address blocked :(

Jadestone
01-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Hi! I recently began studying abroad in Ireland, but the Internet access from my apartment is banned :( I tried sending an email with the form the page gave me, but haven't gotten any response, so I'm posting this from my phone on campus.

It clearly wasn't me causing problems, but maybe someone who lived there before was causing trouble? Not really sure, but any instruction on how to deal with this would be god? I'd still very much like to participate I. merNetwork even though I'm out of the country :)

If you can email responses to hockeygrl92 @ sbcglobal . net that would be wonderful, since I'm not sure when I'll be at Internet I can access the forum from again.

Thanks!
- Jade

AniaR
01-08-2013, 12:29 PM
I don't believe the staff have had to ban anyone from Ireland.... but what does happen is that there is a program on here to prevent spam since we were getting so many fake accounts posting spam. It logs IP and if too much spam comes from one IP it'll block it. So it's not you! I'm sure once the staff see it they can figure something out for you, they just may need to research it a bit, so sit tight!

Jadestone
01-08-2013, 02:01 PM
That must have been it! At any rate, it looks like a mysterious admin unblocked the IP, so I can see everything again :) Thank you!!

MerAnthony
01-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Raina I was reading that where Jade is that the place could be sharing a IP and somebody messed with it or something that got the IP banned from where she is. I emailed her to see if she can get her own IP and go from there.

AniaR
01-08-2013, 05:41 PM
eh I think it's been resolved already. No need to email