PDA

View Full Version : Merpalooza 2013 any news?

MermaidNerenia
01-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Hoping we get some info soon so I can start travel plans!

Nyxie
01-08-2013, 03:26 PM
i saw on their website and FB page that it will be august 9-11 in Orlando, but it doesn't actually confirm that with a venue and such...i've been stalking both sites because i know I'll be traveling military space-a so I'd need to iron out the plan well before then

MermaidBrittany
01-08-2013, 03:27 PM
The dates are August 9-11th :)

NerineArcticMermaid
01-08-2013, 03:55 PM
According to MS. Stephanie Sims who is in charge of Merpalooza. The dates are Aug 9-11 in Tampa. Specific Venue has not been announced. If you need further infor you may message me or Ms. Sims. She also have a mernetwork account. I have her phone number and spek with her frequently. I will attempt to Keep you updated as she is about to be very busy with the upcoming Gasperilla Pagent.

Mermaid Evolet
01-08-2013, 03:57 PM
dang! i would love to go there so bad
but i have to travel around the world and i have no one, who could join me :(

MermaidNerenia
01-08-2013, 03:59 PM
I hope they consider doing a day trip to crystal river or something like that. It seems that the pool swims are not doing so hot.

Nyxie
01-08-2013, 04:01 PM
i know exactly what you mean, i'll be heading there all the way from spangdahlem germany!! 2-3 flights i'm not looking forward to :crazy:

NerineArcticMermaid
01-08-2013, 04:05 PM
There is a tenative plan to have shuttles to Wiki and a possible trip to a spring. I will confirm with Steph later. Its still several month out so be patient. The move to Tampa will allow for greater "piratical" nonsense ;)

Gem Stone
01-08-2013, 04:17 PM
I really hope I can make it this year!

Mermaid Isabela
01-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Ooh! I hope I can go. C: I better start saving up~

NerineArcticMermaid
01-11-2013, 02:13 AM
I'll be looking for a roomy to share in hotel cost. Also will need someone to help me with my booth. Mainly run errands and potty breaks during the trade show. Females only. 25+ preferred definitely need to be at least 18. References will be request and checked. Thanks.

Blondie
01-11-2013, 04:05 AM
I'm so excited for Merpalooza! I'm for sure going to go this year unless something comes up that I really need to attend. I think holding it in Tampa is a good idea because it's close to Crystal River. Can't wait for more information to start leaking from it!

Mer_Adella
01-11-2013, 09:03 AM
NERINE: I would love to be your room buddy lol. but unfortunately I thought I was going to be able to go this year but I dont think I can :( it would be great fun tho. :)

Mermaid Momo
01-11-2013, 01:41 PM
I really want to go but my mom said no :(
(I'm trying to convince her to let me stay at my grandma's house who lives in Mississippi, because me and her worked out a plan that we'd drive to Florida and get a hotel room to go to the con XD we'd have to take my little cousins too because I got them stuck on mermaids)

AniaR
01-11-2013, 01:51 PM
one year I'll go to this. It just happens during my busiest time of year and I'd lose a LOT of money to skip out on gigs and events and then pay to fly down. :( But some day, some day I'll be there!

Mermaid Danielle
01-11-2013, 02:02 PM
I wish I could afford to go! I'm graduating though and my loan payments start 6 months after graduation, so I can't really justify spending the money :( Maybe another year...

mermanjr
01-13-2013, 12:53 PM
No worries, right now I am in the process of a move to Florida and I am in Utah visting my mermaid friends in salt lake once i get back to florida get everything settled in and go over some things with Stephanie.
Stephanie will be posting all the Information for this year on the website and also here on MerNetwork as well,
we are upgrading the website and its taking longer than expected thats all sorry for any incovience that this may have caused

NerineArcticMermaid
01-13-2013, 02:57 PM
If your on facebook. We have a more active group with updates availible. I will try to update here as well. Im an admin on the Merpalooza group on Fb. Stephanie says she should have a hotel locked down for the even by March. As new info is passed to me From Stephanie, I will post it here and fb "Merpalooza" group as well. Feel free to 'pm' me if you have a direct question. I hope you also join the group on FB as well.

Sea Pearl
01-13-2013, 09:06 PM
I really would love to go this year! Last year I was hoping to go but it turns out I just couldn't afford it. Anyone else thinking of going?

Thalassa
01-13-2013, 09:26 PM
I really want to go, depending on when it is. By August I'm heavily into prepping for the next school year, meetings, workshops and all sort of other hoops. Darnit, if only they'd make it in June-July!

NerineArcticMermaid
01-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Ill bring that up to stephanie for next year. Ive thought about it being earlier as well due to college and what not.

So Recap...

Offfical dates and locations
August 9-11, 2013
Tampa, Florida.
Hotel TBA March 2013

Ashe
01-13-2013, 10:30 PM
I wish I could go!!!!! Hope everyone that can has fun, though! :)

Mermaid Momo
01-13-2013, 11:07 PM
man, my mom said i could go, bout with the official date, that's when school starts back so i'd have to leave a few days before. :( maybe if the date is moved to another date in the future.

SeaGlass Siren
01-14-2013, 01:15 PM
DARN IT. AUGUST 10TH IS MY BIRTHDAY >.< and i am missing it... because i am prepping for my friend's wedding. (maid of honour, it is my duty.)

;__; i'm just gonna crawl under my rock and weep.

NerineArcticMermaid
01-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Dont worry there will be one next year as well!

Mermaid Pickles
01-29-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm going to try and save up for this. I really really really want to go. I haven't been able to swim in anything but a pool for a while, it being winter, and the fact that the Texas coast has really ucky water. Mississippi river silt.

Mermaid Enhydrina
03-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Is this definitely happening in Tampa, because the website says Orlando?

NerineArcticMermaid
03-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Yes it is in Tampa. I'm working closely with the owner and Co owner. Visit th fb group fo updates. Venue is not set yet.

Spindrift
03-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Bleeehhhh. I just found out there's an event in NY that I got asked to be at. Exact same weekend. Every other weekend of that month of August is free. /grumble grumble/

NerineArcticMermaid
03-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Well spin... at least theres always next year :D

UPDATE:
Hotel is back to TBA
Awaiting a contract on a new location near the beach.. Event owners are trying to find the best location and a good room rate for all. Please be patient.

Questions/comments/Suggestins?
Msg me here or at nerinethemermaid@yahoo.com and I will pass it along to the Owners of the event. Soon as anythign new is posted I will post here.

You can also keep up by requesting to joing the merpalooza fb group.
http://www.facebook.com/jennifer.obremski#!/groups/MerPalooza/

Send me a msg prior to requesting to join letting me know you from here it will speed up the approval, I am one of three admins.

Kanti
03-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Thanks for all the info Nerine!

I sort of wish it was in Orlando though. I know like 70 people there I would be able to room with! Tampa, not so much :/
I really want to shoot for it this year but I'm not entirely certain about it yet.

I'll have to see how much money I have.

Also the river/spring visit is a great idea. They should consider holding it there one year since, yea, pools can get a bit crowded. We have an awesome pool down near where I live called "Venetian Pool". It's a HUGE freshwater pool that's decorated very nicely!
Maybe one year they'll consider holding it someplace like that.

Spindrift
03-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Well spin... at least theres always next year :D

Nope :) Moving back to either Hawaii or the west coast once I get my Master's (still can't believe I'll only be 22) this December. Oh well. It's been fun.

Taniira
03-16-2013, 10:36 AM
I doubt there's a chance I'll ever be able to go as long as it's in August. I really want to go, but it's too far for me just to go for Saturday (drive down Fri after work/back Sunday) and I already take a week and a half off the end of August/early September for Dragon*Con/boyfriend visit every year. I guess I'll have to keep looking at pictures and dreaming.

Spindrift
03-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Out of curiosity, and since most of the posts in this thread are about people who can't go because of the date, can there be a way where statistics can be collected to determine how much bigger this event could be if the date/venue was changed? How many people would definitely go if it wasn't held in August vs the people who do show up (last year and this year?). Since the date is set this year maybe the participants who are going can take a survey/poll at the convention to compare (although I don't know how you'd be able to measure non-Aug9-11-goers).

Spindrift
03-16-2013, 01:27 PM
*actual difference might be negligible when compared to the perceived difference (the posts in this thread).

MermaidBrittany
03-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Pretty sure I can go! Im going to have to leave summer camp early, but it would be worth it :D

Kanti
03-16-2013, 02:05 PM
August does seem a bit late, I'm sure some people will be starting school by then, I think I will be too o_O

MermaidBrittany
03-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Yeah :/ I definetly wish it was at least a month earlier.

Kanti
03-16-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm sure they chose such a late date because it'll give them more time to plan, maybe?

Mertara
03-21-2013, 06:44 PM
I hope I can go! Esp considering I live in orlando.....it might coincide with the weekend I am in Louisiana for a convention though, we shall see. We should plan a meetup at Kelley Park / Rock Springs! Its gorgeous there, crystal clear spring water, and any time I have been there other people around are mer friendly!

NerineArcticMermaid
03-21-2013, 06:59 PM
I understand everyone's concern about the date I will speak to the owner about a date change for next year but as we've already begin contract negotiations for the hotel.....we cannot change the date this year. the concern about school starting for Fall term for colleges and for secondary in high schools going back is a problem I have spoken to her about that we shall see what we can do next year and maybe possibly have it end of July instead of beginning of August let me know what dates are better for most of you and I will take you consensus and bring it to the owners about next year

NerineArcticMermaid
03-21-2013, 07:00 PM
everyone must be aware that the owners are also the owners of the Gasparilla events in Florida June and July are there busiest months along with April and March for Gasparilla pageant event so keep that in mind if we try to find a date that works for all much better over the summer or early spring late spring time

Merman_Ryan
03-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Probably can't go unless somebody wants to split a room. :P

NerineArcticMermaid
03-21-2013, 11:44 PM
As stated before Im looking for a room buddy and someone to help run my table... which would prob get you in to event free... have to ask but im sure i can get my helper in.

Merman_Ryan
03-22-2013, 01:49 AM
As stated before Im looking for a room buddy and someone to help run my table... which would prob get you in to event free... have to ask but im sure i can get my helper in.

Tempting. While I think I can pull off a plane ticket. It really depends if I'm going to another convention (Power Con (He-Man, Thundercats and TMNT themed con) in LA).

Patches
04-25-2013, 11:45 PM

I could definitely help you. I'd be coming from South FL by bus or train so I sure could use the discount.

NerineArcticMermaid
04-25-2013, 11:56 PM
I could definitely help you. I'd be coming from South FL by bus or train so I sure could use the discount.

room will be $180
food is not provided. if your serious...private message me

Patches
04-26-2013, 11:26 PM
room will be $180
food is not provided. if your serious...private message me
180 for how many nights? Yeah I figured food would be extra. I'll be thrifty about it haha.
And I could get in for free, yes?

NerineArcticMermaid
04-26-2013, 11:33 PM
4 nights...

I' get back to you about the rest. have to confirm

MerMatt
04-27-2013, 12:34 AM
Well once I get my tail later this year, I could see if I could fly down to Florida with my wife and include this event in our 2014 summer holidays. All depends on flight costs as coming from Western Canada usually requires a red eye flight and connection to get down there. As for dates as others have mentioned, I don't have a problem with whatever date works. Thanks for the updates Nerine. Have fun this summer.

NerineArcticMermaid
04-27-2013, 12:44 AM
I believe that the main merpalooza event will be in August each year.

Patches
04-27-2013, 03:31 PM
4 nights...

I' get back to you about the rest. have to confirm
Awesome. Once you confirm, I'd love to participate.
180 for four nights I can most definitely afford no issue.

Taylor is a Mermaid
04-27-2013, 04:23 PM
I'm considering going. My boyfriend is all on board to come with me if I do go. It'd be pretty cool to introduce him to the world of mermaiding. I want to find out who else will be there first, though.

AniaR
04-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Do you know when the website will be totally updated? I mentioned it to Stephanie, but there's still a lot of stuff from last year up there.

Now, I don't want to cause drama, but I do have a few concerns I wanted to ask about based on things I've heard from other people and observed myself from the group etc. If you can't answer them, that's fine I don't expect you to know everything.

1) Will the voting still cost money? Last year it was advertised that the money was going to a charity, but this year I've read on the group it's a "for profit" event, meaning Gasprilla makes money from it. So I'm wondering if the money from voting will go to a charity as it supposedly did in previous years (I'm not sure about mercon?), and will there be a charity aspect at all if so?

2) Just a point made on observation. There wasn't very much done to share with the community who won in what categories last year. The website wasn't updated either. I just feel bad for people who won in 2012 because much of the website promotes people and images from mercon 2011. For instance, Canadian Mermaid Marie won international Mermaid but that wasn't promoted at all, and Kylee is STILL being promoted as International mermaid, a title she won from Mercon. I just sorta feel like what is the point of nominating and voting for people if it doesn't make a difference you know? I hope Gasprilla can make that work a little better this year :) I'm still not sure if I could go or not but in the past being someone who couldn't physically attend, I really enjoyed following all the stuff from merpalooza and mercon online. When that stuff goes online after the event I think it's one of the #1 things that encourages people to actually make a trip to come to the event if they don't live nearby.

3) A suggestion: I think it would be really great for Merpalooza to have a panel session. 1 or 2 of each: tail maker, professional mermaid, aquarium mermaid, underwater photographer etc, and have a big Q and A people could participate in. That sort of thing is standard at most cons, and when I read the complaints about last merpalooza a lot of it was that there just wasn't anything to do besides take pictures and see vendors.

4) Another suggestion, maybe they could have some screenings of related mermaid documentaries like The Mission of Mermaids

5) I will say I'm a bit apprehensive, because it's not that far away now and not much has been announced. I also (as I expressed to you Nerine) hope that the community aspect of the con can be maintained despite it being hosted by a company, as opposed to members of the community. I hope Gasprilla is able to look at all the feedback from last year and make some positive changes.

It would be so nice if I could go :) I had a previous engagement that's been changed in terms of timing so I'm free again, so you never know! I'd love to meet Taylor!!

NerineArcticMermaid
04-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Ok let me see If I can answer some of those..... :D
Do you know when the website will be totally updated? I mentioned it to Stephanie, but there's still a lot of stuff from last year up there.
Now, I don't want to cause drama, but I do have a few concerns I wanted to ask about based on things I've heard from other people and observed myself from the group etc. If you can't answer them, that's fine I don't expect you to know everything.

1) Will the voting still cost money? Last year it was advertised that the money was going to a charity, but this year I've read on the group it's a "for profit" event, meaning Gasprilla makes money from it. So I'm wondering if the money from voting will go to a charity as it supposedly did in previous years (I'm not sure about mercon?), and will there be a charity aspect at all if so?
OK as for voting. We havent fully decided if we are going to do awards again or not. THe only the we have been for sure discussing is the Mermaid pagent. Cosisting onlyof Mers in thier persona costumes or tails.

2) Just a point made on observation. There wasn't very much done to share with the community who won in what categories last year. The website wasn't updated either. I just feel bad for people who won in 2012 because much of the website promotes people and images from mercon 2011. For instance, Canadian Mermaid Marie won international Mermaid but that wasn't promoted at all, and Kylee is STILL being promoted as International mermaid, a title she won from Mercon. I just sorta feel like what is the point of nominating and voting for people if it doesn't make a difference you know? I hope Gasprilla can make that work a little better this year :) I'm still not sure if I could go or not but in the past being someone who couldn't physically attend, I really enjoyed following all the stuff from merpalooza and mercon online. When that stuff goes online after the event I think it's one of the #1 things that encourages people to actually make a trip to come to the event if they don't live nearby.
I understand the website is not updated. Steph has been super swamped by the other events she runs and things going on in her personal life. If I rememebr right I beleive they are working on an entirly new webiste. I am attempting to get in touch with her and get more details on that.

3) A suggestion: I think it would be really great for Merpalooza to have a panel session. 1 or 2 of each: tail maker, professional mermaid, aquarium mermaid, underwater photographer etc, and have a big Q and A people could participate in. That sort of thing is standard at most cons, and when I read the complaints about last merpalooza a lot of it was that there just wasn't anything to do besides take pictures and see vendors.
I have also suggested panels. Not sure where we are with that yet.

4) Another suggestion, maybe they could have some screenings of related mermaid documentaries like The Mission of Mermaids
That would be a great idea. I know we are working on trips to weeki wachi and a spring swim.

5) I will say I'm a bit apprehensive, because it's not that far away now and not much has been announced. I also (as I expressed to you Nerine) hope that the community aspect of the con can be maintained despite it being hosted by a company, as opposed to members of the community. I hope Gasprilla is able to look at all the feedback from last year and make some positive changes.
Dont worry about that. There are mermaids involved. YOu have me. Steph is also a mermaid. She may not be an active member on the forum but she is one and understands.

Ive emailed her about some of this. I will post or she will and try to answer your questions.

MermaidHyli
04-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Speaking of updating the website..what is the cost? I checked the 'get tickets now' and its said it was for 2012 around 30 dollars? Just want to be sure I've got the numbers right

NerineArcticMermaid
04-29-2013, 04:39 PM
ticket prices are still $30 forall ages.

*sidenote on mernetwork only Stephanie Sims or I are spokes people for the merpalooza event. All other info given is not official.

NerineArcticMermaid
04-29-2013, 11:19 PM
**OFFICIAL UPDATE ON EVENT. TENATIVE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS.**
Friday is informal meet and greet with each other and with media with some excursions available.
Saturday is trade show, Saturday night is big Party
Sunday is excursion to Springs.
*Photo shoot opportunities all weekend, etc. :)

Event tickets priceing. $30 per person (all ages)
Room Pricing. $89 per night (non ocean view) $99 pernight (ocean view)

NerineArcticMermaid
04-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Ok. As for my helper and room buddy.
Yes you get in free if you are working for me.
Room will be $180 for 4 nights. To be sent via paypal before event. I will need funds to reserve room no later than June 30, 2013.
I will make a contract availible on the terms to prevent any issues on funds.

As my helper. You will be responsible for running my errands during trade show. You will only have to actually watch table when I need a restroom break or need to step away from the table. Errands will consist of food/beverage runs. You will not be required to handle money unless a sale happens while I am away from the table. WHen you are not needed you will be free to room trade show. As for the rest of the event. You are free to come and go. I am willing to driveyou to the spring meet up and other off site events but a gas fee is required. $5 per trip..which I think is resonable.

If you are seriously interested please contact me via email nerinethemermaid@yahoo.com

DO NOT email me if your not dead serious. I donot have time for anyone being wishywashy about it. Either you are going and will have the money in time or your not going.

This is a general statement towards anyone interested.

AniaR
04-30-2013, 05:18 PM
thanks for the update.

I'd love to come and run workshops on mermaid parties and talking to kids etc, but it's quite the hullabaloo to have someone from Canada come and "work". I did have a previous event booked for the whole weekend but it got changed around. You never know!

MermaidHyli
04-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Excellent! So exciting! Do we know who the celebrity mers are gonna be this year?

AniaR
04-30-2013, 07:01 PM
Stephanie Isn't accepting proposals for people until May, as she says on the group so far. Nothing's been confirmed from what I know, I'm sure when it is we'll see it advertised non stop haha XD

MermaidHyli
04-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Stephanie Isn't accepting proposals for people until May, as she says on the group so far. Nothing's been confirmed from what I know, I'm sure when it is we'll see it advertised non stop haha XD
Great point! I can hardly wait to see who is coming. I figured Raven might since its almost right next store, right?

Mermaid Lilium
05-01-2013, 10:06 AM

I know I can't make it this year but maybe next year, if you want to fly via Manchester, UK then we could travel together =)

NerineArcticMermaid
05-01-2013, 03:00 PM
lol... that wouldbe one heck of a detour!

Mermaid Nixie
05-04-2013, 08:54 AM
I am so excited about joining in on the fun, and attending Merpalooza this year. YAY!! Meeting Mers from everywhere, supporting Mer-business, and participating in all the Mer activities. Anybody else from North Carolina attending?

Mermaid Lilium
05-05-2013, 04:20 PM
lol... that wouldbe one heck of a detour!

I think Evolet's profile shows as being in europe, not sure where - a large chunk of european flights at the least skirt around the UK in some form *shrugs* figured it was worth suggesting if she really didn't want to travel alone such a long way especially if it were the only thing holding her back. I'm used to doing transatlantic flights on a regular basis due to visiting my (now)husband and le in-laws.

NerineArcticMermaid
05-25-2013, 12:32 PM
merpalooza website now up! http://www.mer-palooza.com
tickets online only. no tickets will be sold at the door

AniaR
05-25-2013, 03:44 PM
I disagree with the no tickets sold at the door because there will always be people who find out they can go last minute, and it's standard across the board at nearly all major events. I read Stephanie's reasoning for it, but I think Michi made some excellent points :p Not to harp on ya Neriene, lol you must dread everytime I reply to a merpalooza post XD haha

NerineArcticMermaid
05-25-2013, 11:59 PM
@Raina... only slightly :P (kidding of course) Maybe I can get that changed....I dunno...Ill let ya know ;)

Stephanie Sims
05-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Hi Everyone...Here is the latest information on MerPalooza and the hotel, etc. The official dates of scheduled activities are August 9-11, which is a Friday through Sunday. However, because there are so many that are coming early and/or staying after the event officially ends, we will have even more activities planned for the week following MerPalooza.

We are introducing "International Mermaid Week" Which will be Friday, August 9 through Friday, August 16, 2013. *This will be done in the style of "International Talk Like a Pirate Day"...and we will be getting much exposure for this - We'd really love to have spokespersons internationally to help spread the word.

The hotel is the Bay Harbor Hotel in Tampa. It's actually on the beach very close to the airport in Tampa, and I believe the hotel offers free or inexpensive transportation to and from the airport - also to local malls, etc. Rooms are 89 dollars for an inside room and 99 for a room with a water view. Please use the code word MerPalooza when calling to make sure you get these rates and that we as a group get credit for your reservation. The address and phone are as follows:

7700 W Courtney Campbell Causeway Tampa, FL 33607
(813) 281-8900

More information about specific excursions, etc. will follow. Friday night will be a meet and greet dinner where you can order to your own taste and budget (drinks also), photos, etc. *Some vendors, especially tail makers will likely be showing their goods Friday night.
Saturday will feature some early morning photo opps, the tradeshow throughout the day...and the big party in the evening. Speakers and panels will also happen Saturday, as well as the Memraid/Pirate pageant and awards ceremony.

The trade show room will remain open in the evening, although we feel most vendors will want to enjoy the party rather than stay in the tradeshow room to vend.?

Sunday will feature two planned excursions. One to Weeki Wachee early and the next to Crystal River for a manatee experience and photo opps. We will have underwater filiming opportunities for you.

More info coimng soo! I can't wait! :)

Re: Tickets at the door for the Saturday evening Party, We will offer them at $40 per piece BUT ideally, I would love to have programs and welcome gifts for all that I know are coming - Just so that we are best prepared. We will, of course, allow people to come and join at the door !

Taylor is a Mermaid
05-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Welp, I just found out today I've been offered a summer teaching gig that's really short and pays really well. I think that's a sign I HAVE to go to Mer-palooza, right? ;)

NerineArcticMermaid
05-31-2013, 10:18 PM
Of course you should!

Sea Pearl
06-04-2013, 01:59 PM
I am so excited about joining in on the fun, and attending Merpalooza this year. YAY!! Meeting Mers from everywhere, supporting Mer-business, and participating in all the Mer activities. Anybody else from North Carolina attending?

I really would love to go this year! And will if I can club the money together. I wanted to last year but unfortunately was busy when it was going on.

Arella
06-16-2013, 12:29 PM
I saw Eric is the sponsor this year, was there a sponsor last year?

AniaR
06-16-2013, 08:06 PM
I saw Eric is the sponsor this year, was there a sponsor last year?

No... lol. That explains a few emails I've been sent along with a few others as well... lol.

AniaR
06-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Yeah I was a bit surprised to see that. Not sure it was well known before that anyone could be a sponsor. Anyway. Eric emailed me the details so I could include them in Tail Flip. If you haven't seen it, these are the posters going around:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/998877_665868956764023_1154623496_n.jpg

Personally, I actually think it's a good idea to have tail makers and mers step up to sponsor. As you know I've had my concerns about there not being community people more involved. I see too that some of my suggestions were taken to heart (like the lecture ideas etc) so that makes me happy!

I can't do merpalooza this year, but in the future I'd love to be booked to run workshops on doing birthday parties and working with kids :) I wish I could find a way to get my books sold there, cuz I think it would be a good place for people to buy them.

Spindrift
06-17-2013, 10:48 PM
3rd? Did MerCon count as the first, or did I miss one?

I like the overall design. And since I got into those car accidents I might not make my event that is supposedly on Aug 10th ... so...

AniaR
06-17-2013, 10:59 PM
car accidents? Oh no! Hope you're okay

Spindrift
06-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Lol doing fine! I don't want to hijack the thread. I just have a neck sprain and a chest contusion. I was in two accidents in the same day, both caused by inexperienced teenage drivers.

NerineArcticMermaid
06-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Yeah. I was going to be posting about that. Eric dropped that bit of news on me at the spring meet up sunday.

I was shocked and surprised at how super nice he and is bf were to me. Very insistant I still attend. He seem genuine about wanting this event to succeed.

AS to the "3rd" annual. Technically yes this is the thrid one with Mercon being the first and last years merpalooza being second. Same event just had a name change and ownership change.

As much as my opinion of Eric was not so good before and I still dont like him on a personal level. Professionally... in this case.. I think this willbe good. We talked about keeping Stephanie on task and making sure the mermaid communty is well represented.

@Rayblone- email me deary so we can make plans. Long as you dont mind shareing a room with me and jesse and his husband... :D

Ariadne
06-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Aw, my kiddos go back to school that Friday...not a great weekend for Mommy to leave town. Maybe I can attend next year! (insert annoying whine here)

Mermaid Danielle
06-18-2013, 12:31 PM
I wish I could go!

NerineArcticMermaid
06-19-2013, 07:30 PM
@Ariadne Dang! You could have carpooled down with me! Im in Loganville.. Your not far from me

Ariadne
06-19-2013, 08:32 PM
@Nerine - that would have been awesome! Maybe we can beg and plead and whine enough so the folks in charge may consider moving it earlier a couple of weeks next year...I would definitely be there!

Sea Pearl
06-20-2013, 05:24 PM
I just found out I can go! Yay! :D

AniaR
06-20-2013, 05:50 PM
I am so Jelly. LOL

MermaidHyli
06-22-2013, 09:07 PM
If I wanted to be a vendor how late is it to sign up? I know they are currently still available but we have about two weeks till the hubby starts work to see if we can get off for it. (even if he cant I might sneak away ;p)

NerineArcticMermaid
06-22-2013, 09:21 PM
@mermaidHyli. I do not have that info. PLease go to merpalooza fb group page or fan page. THey just recently posted about vendor space. But I dont know when the deadline is.

AniaR
06-23-2013, 10:14 AM
So I guess my posts are screened now (and then deleted), which is a bummer. I thought it was that way for everyone after trying to post some stuff and being told it was waiting approval and then having it never approved, but seeing many of my friends post right away and show up shows me it's just me. I haven't broken any rules, and everything I post has been directly related (e.g. tail flip merpalooza stuff-> trying to advertise for you all, trying to hire someone who is a vendor at merpalooza to resell my book) So I'm pretty annoyed. I'm not going, but I'm still trying to get some representation there for my book in my place, and I'm trying to make sure we get stuff correct through Tail Flip in time for publishing since I've been given the WRONG information 3 times now. Through this whole process I've felt nothing but disrespect from the Gasprilla group. (not you Nerine) It's actually Ironic, Eric- despite all our history, is the one being respectful to me. so I think I'm all done with merpalooza.

NerineArcticMermaid
06-23-2013, 10:25 AM
I was taken off admin status.. I'm still waiting to get back. please don't give up on it.... I don't know what the deal is with the posts but I will find out. Stephanie and I spoke the other night. she has some major personal stuff going on so she's been really busy... trust me on this.. I don't know what the deal with the current admin Scott is and your posts but I'm still get it straightened out.

Stephanie Sims
06-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Thanks, Nerine * and Aina R * Yes, personal problems are being handled - We did have a few days where the group was put on moderate to protect the community, certainly no intention to disrespect it. :) AinaR - am attempting to send you a PM. Have a great week, all! Looking forward to a fun, wonderful event!

thestonermermaid
06-27-2013, 06:46 PM
I feel so incredibly lucky that I am new to this whole ~scene~ and this is being held practically in my backyard. I can't wait for this event!!! I hope to meet some of you even if we don't know each other that well (like I said, I'm new. ) I'm just a wishful thinking mermaid who hopes to get a tail one day... but I can't wait to be surrounded by tons of people who are into it like me!

Also as for the weeki watchee excursion, is it free to get in with our 3 day tickets? Does anyone know?

Mermaid Momo
06-29-2013, 07:59 PM
Re: Tickets at the door for the Saturday evening Party, We will offer them at $40 per piece BUT ideally, I would love to have programs and welcome gifts for all that I know are coming - Just so that we are best prepared. We will, of course, allow people to come and join at the door !
I know i'm commenting on this really really late, but if you want to have welcome gifts for people at the door, you could do what anime conventions do, the only people who get gifts at the door are the people who bought tickets online (they know if you bought online because you will have a print out and they separate the lines for people who already have tickets and those who need to buy them)

MermaidBonnie
07-27-2013, 12:30 PM
Im looking forward to meeting all who are coming!! :)

Sea Pearl
07-27-2013, 06:20 PM
There are quite a few of us mers from North Carolina going as a group. Cannot wait to see you all there.

Sea Pearl
08-03-2013, 11:45 PM
I wish I could find a way to get my books sold there, cuz I think it would be a good place for people to buy them.

That's a shame. I want to buy your book sometime and was wondering if it was going to be sold there. Mer-Plooza would be a great place to sell copies of you're book.

NerineArcticMermaid
08-04-2013, 12:43 AM
Sea Pearl... are you coming down with christomer? Im planning on following him in my car down... Convoy style LOL!

So Yeah.. Im going.. Frantically tryign to finish fixing things since I wasnt sure if I was going...

Mermaid Star
08-04-2013, 01:16 AM
I would love to head out there this year to see everyone. Strangely enough, I have a mermaid gig on that Saturday in Tampa. If I can, I would like to haul my self and my tail out there afterward. I will probably be really tired but It would be nice to see everyone and go to the trade show. I am also a member for FMN so I may have to touch up my make up and get out to the beach to do some modeling. :)

Sea Pearl
08-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Sea Pearl... are you coming down with christomer? Im planning on following him in my car down... Convoy style LOL!

So Yeah.. Im going.. Frantically tryign to finish fixing things since I wasnt sure if I was going...

Yes Nerine, I'm traveling down there with Christoper and a couple of other mermaids. That's neat that you're going too :)

Merman Dan
08-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Yes Nerine, I'm traveling down there with Christoper and a couple of other mermaids. That's neat that you're going too :)

If it wasn't in-between a family beach trip and the start of school, I would have offered to drive the NC merfolk down to Mer-Palooza in my 10-passenger van. I just had a new sound system put in and it's rockin'!

There's always next year! :)

Mer Vee
08-11-2013, 12:08 AM
I'm having just a fantastic time. It's great to finally meet so many of you.