PDA

View Full Version : Tips on making bubble hearts?

MerEmma
01-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Today I was trying to make bubble hearts, (following how Raina told the girls in the "Raina Teaches Bubble Tricks" video :p ) and I got the general idea of it and I could get some sort of trick to it, but I'm wondering how you can get it to look like a heart? It's a bit hard to figure it out and I can't even look at how I'm doing it to see if it looks right. I feel like I'm moving my hands the right way, but it doesn't seem to look right. I understand it's a bit hard to type to tell how to do it, but I thought I would give it a try anyhow.

halesloveswhales
01-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Get a friend to go with you next time and watch. Or better yet, get them to bring an underwater camera and film it. You could also Youtube some other mermaids doing it. Here's one of Mermaid Melissa doing a couple pretty good bubble hearts (starting at 0:51) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-qB0ik_e9c She looks like she does hers a little bigger than Raina's. Try filming it both ways, and alter it to what you find works best. Much luck!

MerEmma
01-08-2013, 05:13 PM
That was the only video besides Raina's that I could find about it, haha. I'll watch it a few more times, though.

Unfortunately we don't have any underwater cameras and my sister won't go swimming because her hair will get ruined. =\

Winged Mermaid
01-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Also be sure to check out the Underwater Tricks Thread, (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?297-The-Official-Underwater-Tricks-Thread!) if you haven't already :)

MerEmma
01-08-2013, 06:59 PM
I don't know how I missed it. :doh: Thank you!

AniaR
01-08-2013, 07:04 PM
yeah the trick is practice practice and try to make the heart small at first. In the videos I have I am making it too big with my hands above the water. They only work for me about 1/2 the time, lol

MerEmma
01-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Really? I'm not even sure if I noticed haha. So you say to start small? That sounds like it would work better than what I've been doing--starting big. Thanks a bunch! I've gone through the forum a bit more and I have so many tricks to try tomorrow at the pool.