PDA

View Full Version : Gatherings in the UK?

OceanicStory
01-08-2013, 06:51 PM
I suppose I'm curious as to whether there's any such thing as mer-gatherings in the UK? I know most here wont really be keeping an eye on how Britain handles merfolk and their fans, but I just wondered whether anyone had heard anything, or perhaps attended such a thing before, be it a gathering big or small. :)

Sea Pearl
01-12-2013, 12:52 PM
I'd love to attend some sort of gathering for Mers when I'm next back in Britain. Depending on when it is thought, I currently live in the US and only get back to the UK once a year. Hoping to maybe come back for a spell in April/May hopefully.

Taniira
01-15-2013, 06:14 PM
I asked my boyfriend (in Glasgow) who is big in the convention scene and he hasn't heard of any. There are several general comic/scifi/fantasy conventions you could get away with mermaning at, I'm sure :)

Lois
01-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Mermaids aren't nearly as big over hear as they are in the states or even in mainland Europe probs because we don't have enough tail makers and the whole H2O fad sort of skipped us cos it was only on nikelodian which no one watches :P So no not heard of any gatherings though theres a mermaid in cormwall who runsa mermaid and shark summer schools

Sea Pearl
01-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Then maybe a Mer gathering needs to be started up :) I know what you mean though, mermaiding isn't nearly as big over in the UK as it is this side of the water.

Traveling Merman
01-20-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm up for it! (Work allowing) we could meet in the summer and go to a hotter part of the UK? Jersey? Guernsey?

Technically.......Gibraltar is part of the UK! That's nice and hot! Lol