PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Rain - possible film in near future?

Kanti
08-11-2011, 03:26 PM
For those of you who have PS3s, and for those who have played Heavy Rain, you'll probably be
delighted to know that Warner Bros(I think) purchased the rights to make a Heavy Rain film.
Here is a link:
http://www.1up.com/news/heavy-rain-film-fast-track

About Heavy Rain:
Heavy Rain is an AMAZING game and the main point of it is that it has many plot twists and ways to play
the game so that it can have different endings depending on what the player does. The game's main crew
consists of 4 people who don't know each other yet are all working together to solve a kidnapping crisis.
If one of your characters happens to die while you are playing, they're out, and the story continues on
without them. It's a great game and the character adaptations are stunning. If you guys haven't played it
and own a PS3, I would HIGHLY recommend it~

Movies v Videogames:
I personally don't really like movies anymore. The recent ones I've seen are so un-interactive and fail at
character building so much that I really don't care if the main character dies or not. I always have high
hopes for movies based off videogames because it seems 90% of the plot is already given to you, yet they
still manage to fuck it up.
One movie series I was pretty disappointed with was Silent Hill. I liked the movie, but omg, the story was
complete nonsense. It really wasn't so relevant with the games and they brought in Pyramid Head in as
a fan service, you can tell the director had NO idea of the symbolism of the Silent Hill series.
Still an enjoyable movie, though.

I'm scared they will probably do the same to Heavy Rain. But I'm all for a movie. People need to see that
videogames ARE great forms of art. Making some games into movies might show people that.

Opinions? Thoughts? Lol

melbel1023
08-11-2011, 04:30 PM
I've played this game twice (and watched two others play through it) and this is the only game-turned-movie that I am PSYCHED about!
Its an awesome game, with a great LINEAR story (which most games/books-turned-movies lack nowadays). I made a huge rant about unnecessary remakes/reboots/sequels/prequels/and video or board game movies - I super hate the "hot" movies now, they are nothing like what I'm learning in film school now.
My biggest influences are Sofia Coppola (actually, all of the Coppola family lol), Michael Gondry, David Yates, and Quentin Tarrintino.

Kanti
08-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Eeee I loved Heavy Rain~ it was so sad and suspensful

It was annoying, though. My parents would watch me play every now and then and they'd be
so critical. They were always like "WHEN IS SOMETHING COOL GONNA HAPPEN??"

melbel1023
08-12-2011, 12:00 AM
lol the first time i played, my apartment's repair guys came over - for the entire opening scene where you shower and stuff lol.
there are talks of a sequel! btw, if you loved heavy rain you will love l.a. noire. less suspenseful, but a lot more detective work.

Kanti
08-12-2011, 12:19 AM
I want to play it pretty badly, everyone says it's great, but I honestly don't have the money xD
I'm hoping someone will lend it to me sometime lol