PDA

View Full Version : Merberry Tails- reviews/discussions

ashleyematthews
01-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Thought i'd start this since there wasn't an actual thread for reviews set up yet for Amanda's tails.
Feel free to add other reviews/discussions!

My tail review:
I posted this in another thread earlier so it's not done to the review template- I will gladly redo if it's you'd like to see it all bullet-pointy :)
Hi everyone, I own a merberry tail.
I thought i'd share my experience here as well since I can't find a reviews page- just so everyone gets all the info possible on Amanda and her tail ordering process :-)
It did take me quite some time to get my tail (a little over two months, almost three with the delivery situation i have explained below), but honestly I was in no rush at all for one, so I didn't mind waiting. I had my other tail and rental options for gigs- so it wasn't a huge issue to wait longer than expected for one.
I'm a very patient person when it comes to projects like this, knowing Amanda is working mostly by herself with little assistance and working a full time job (she has mutual friends of mine, so i know she isn't using it as an excuse)
My tail was delayed due to material shortages as noted with others, but she was always able to keep me updated. I could tell during the process she was swamped, just by reading her FB page regarding orders and the language/frequency of the e-mails I sent her. I kind of decided to back off and let her do her thing, the last thing i wanted to do was rush her which could have resulted in a tail I wasn't happy with.
I gave her obsessive measurements, and some color examples- knowing her paint jobs are so beautiful I told her she had a lot of creative freedom...just make my tail a beautiful pink/gold dream! haha she was always extremely responsive to my e-mails. customer service was fine.
she posted a photo of my finished tail on FB and I couldn't have been more excited. perfect!

This is where a kind of problem came in:
Amanda and I live very close to one another- we had agreed in initial emails to meet up in person for the tail delivery to save costs and energy of shipping. I got a call from my family in orange county (one of the addresses I have listed in my paypal account) that I had a package waiting for me at the house from Merberry. I thought maybe she had sent it by mistake, no biggie. I went to go pick it up, upon opening i noticed something right away. the tail that was neatly packaged in the box (with an adorable little 'gift box' included with sea shells, business cards and free soap samples) was red. not the baby pink i saw on FB. after pulling it out i realized that this tail was another tail she had posted on FB earlier in the week, a red and gold one. it was stunning, just not mine. to be honest i wasn't upset about not getting my tail- i was more concerned that someone else was missing their tail.

Amanda was out of town as stated on FB so i knew it would be hard to contact her about it, but i left her several emails and messages to let her know I had someone's red and copper tail safely stored in my home and that I'd be more than willing to swap them out in person.
She emailed me back a couple days later apologizing for the mix-up- hey these things happen right? I wasn't upset. we set a date for the switch, but unfortunately both of us have crazy hectic schedules (i'm a full time performer and bounce from gig to gig) and kept having to reschedule until Amanda finally asked if i could just ship it back to her- and unfortunately I was out of town for the next month or so that wasn't going to happen. i felt awful for the client who was waiting for her tail, but hey, there was nothing either of us could have done. I feel like i was being very patient and understanding in the situation- i only hope the other client was as well.
A few weeks ago Amanda and I finally managed to meet up- she hand delivered my tail to my apartment. she was very apologetic and I was very impressed that she made the effort to deliver the tail in person to apologize. it was in perfect condition, and fit like a glove. I love it and everyone i show it too is thoroughly impressed with the workmanship. I have yet to take it in the water, so I can't vouch for swimming or wet-feel, but for a dry reference- it's wonderful.

The tail itself:
I don't have any other photos, but I will get some soon to show the details.
The tail is latex, and fits perfectly. the ankles are a bit snug, but I also have very thin ankles set with some monster dancer calves- getting into boots is hard for me, so this i'm used to.
The paint job/color is perfect, the exact shade of pink and champagne/gold i asked for.
the scales are the large diamond shape she normally does, I like it cause it gives an almost 'cartoon-y' yet realistic vibe, since my tail is pink I was definitely going for more of a fantasy feel.
There are some imperfections in the mold where latex has pooled/smeared a bit, but they're not noticeable unless you put your face up to it. the gold paint is metallic to the shine kind of hides it perfectly as well.
Her tails do have two seams up the sides- the only thing I dislike about them. But i knew that was her design when I decided to order mine. I've used it for one dry greeting so far and no one seemed to mind the seam- so I'm not too worried about it.
Once i get it in the water I'll be sure to include more details/updates.

Now my situation was obviously unique, and I am a uniquely patient person. I know most people maybe would've taken the situation a little differently and maybe would've been disappointed or upset with Amanda's services and probably would have reacted a lot more negatively than I....and that would have been totally understandable. I wouldn't have judged anyone for doing so- but I personally was never upset, i trusted Amanda and wanted to give her a chance as a new promising tail maker.
But my experience wasn't awful- if i had needed the tail ASAP for something i probably would have gotten a little more upset...but to be honest, I have my tail now, I love it, the workmanship and detail are wonderful (which maybe wouldn't be the case if it was rushed) and can now use it for gigs regularly.I would recommend Amanda to anyone needing a tail- just maybe not if they have a time constraint :-)

SeaGlass Siren
01-10-2013, 06:02 PM
I received my tail a few weeks ago.

Like you i ordered two months ago (in October, the week before Halloween). sent in my order with the specifics.. measurements, image of my tail, and payment, and address. i was expecting to receive my tail in November but i wasn't in a rush or anything either. (i knew tail makers get swamped with work all the time so i let it be and i told her to take all the time she needed)
By December i was getting anxious but i didn't want to rush her either. so i frequently sent her emails just to check on how she was doing (she always responded). after Christmas i was getting worried so i asked for photos of my tail. sure enough she sent them and told me that my tail was almost ready to be shipped.
and then i got it :) also like yours i got a cute little package with a bar of soap, business cards, and seashells! and then i noticed she put a rush order on my tail.
customer service = 7/10. maybe if she took in a certain number of orders instead of a bunch of orders she wouldn't have to push dates. but she was very polite and very nice!

the tail fits like a glove and i don't have any problems getting into it without lubricant or anything. as a dry tail i don't have any problems with it. colour is gorgeous (rose gold fluke and flippers, and silver gold scales... but in normal bedroom light it looks gold and pictures don't do it enough justice. it was exactly the colour that i wanted.)
haven't taken a swim in it yet.
i expected it to be heavy but it was much heavier than i thought it would be. There's enough of the fabric for me to slip into .. and it went over my stomach..and up to the bottom of my breast. is it a problem? i don't think it is. however i didn't expect that... but it got my imagination going.. i can wear something on top and make it look like my scales start from my breast down!

a few problems: the front is perfect and the scales don't come off... its picture perfect! the scales at the back however are peeling off... maybe something happened to the batch? slightly worried, but for the price i am alright with it, and she did give me a warning to let the tail cure for a bit more. since its winter and i'm not in such a rush to swim in it, i am a-otay for letting it sit. and i like how she gave me a heads up.

Tail = 8/10. Budget wise, she's great.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_ioZgbCIAAHJLm.jpg:large

ashleyematthews
03-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Wanted to add that I did my first full scale photoshoot with the tail in ocean water.
it performed beautifully.it did get a bit waterlogged at times and became heavy, but I was expecting that to be the case with the neoprene. The wet feel of the scales is great and water definitely makes the glistening finish of the paint really shine. It photographs wonderfully and really popped on film.

Im really excited about the tail and can't wait for the photos to be finalized so I can share them with you all.
i was waiting til I used it in a shoot or show to write a full recommendation but it seems about time now!
If you're in need an affordable realistic looking tail and are not in need of it in a rush, I would recommend Amanda in a heartbeat! Very easy to communicate with and her work is fantastic!

jukumerboii
03-08-2013, 01:09 PM
both tails look amazing! I was thinkin about ordering a Merberry tail after my next fabric one! reading these make me really want to buy one now!

leeloo
03-09-2013, 02:53 AM
I can't wait to get my tail, she finally sent me pictures about a week and a half ago of what looked like one half of the tail at least painted. Unfortunately she is reallllly slow at responding to messages, and she has no phone number to call either. I'm sure my tail will be lovely, but I'm getting impatient waiting for my tail. I sent her my measurements early December but we finally settled on a color scheme by the end of December. She told me it should be ready by my birthday which was mid January, then she said all the tails she was working on would be done by the end of January, then she said the weather was making the latex cure really slowly, then a week and a half ago I finally got the pics I mentioned. Most responses took about a week. I think she either needs to hire assistants and/or only take a limited number of orders at a time. I've been trying to arrange an underwater photoshoot since January but can't until I get the tail. I'm also moving in a couple weeks and the photographer is located here, so I guess I'm gonna miss out on that opportunity. His portfolio was beautiful and I was so excited to work with him :( I really hope I get my tail soon.

Taniira
03-11-2013, 02:39 PM
I ordered mine with the fall sale but to be fair didn't get her measurements until Dec 15th. She said it's supposed to ship out this week. I'll be sure to post a review once I've got it, though it'll probably be another month until I can swim in it :)

ashleyematthews
03-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Got a couple final photos from my shoot in to show you all! :-)

beautiful work! I love it so much!

SeaGlass Siren
03-12-2013, 05:27 PM
oh wow that looks amazing.. is that gold leaf you used?

ashleyematthews
03-12-2013, 05:32 PM
oh wow that looks amazing.. is that gold leaf you used?
Yup they used Gold Leaf with strong hairspray as a base, we then stippled on high quality eyelash adhesive that dried clear over the gold leaf to keep it secure :-)

leeloo
03-14-2013, 01:48 AM
beautiful pictures, I love the second one! I love the gold leaf idea too, I'd like to try that

Merbliss
03-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone I purchased a Merberry tail not too long ago, and it did take a few months to make, I ordered it in October and received it in December, it is beautiful and realistic looking, the only flaw I have is that the tail is sewn with one stitch and it seems to be falling out, I recommend her to double stitch it on the sides, but other than that, she did a great job! I was a little worried because it took her a long time to reply, but she did pull through.

Mermaid Zoe
04-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Merberry Tails; Review :( (2 out of 5 stars)

Hi! i'm new to Mernetwork, as in Yesterday. (LOL) Anyways I am 12 so I could not legally purchase on my own. I finalized my order december11th, i knew i wouldn't have it until January, (so i thought) so i waited and e-mailed her a couple times a week and she rarely responded. The first message she sent was ''Payment received". My 525.00 dollars i paid. So i waited and E-mailed again and again and again. one day in Late February, i received pics of my tail, i was shocked; it was the wrong design. It was a blend of Purple, Green, and Blue, when later i had changed my mind and asked for an Aquamarine replica fin. I told her it was beautiful anyways and that i loved it. truthfully i did, i just thought she hadn't read that E-mail. She said the tail would come that week, yeah! But then one week, two and then three and then at the end of March on a Tuesday my grandma received the package. she gave it to me and i opened it, It was Gorgeous!! So i went to try it on and something was very WRONG. I put on the tail and it took me 20 minutes to get into it, i pulled it on and it reached to my collar bone! that i knew was a problem. Then i noticed the finis wave didn't fit. my heels hung off the edge and my feet could barely squish into it. This upset me. Then i noticed most of the scales were smudged or pealing off. i was so un-happy i e-mailed Amanda asking for a refund about 3 days later. She didn't respond for another 2 in a half days. But eventually she responded Apologizing about the tail and said she couldn't offer me a refund because she doesn't make enough money. But she offered to resell my fin. i said i don't know i'll have to talk to my grandma. So i did and she said she's contacting Paypal and the credit-card company. I felt bad because, amanda worked for that money and were taking it from her. I have placed an order with Stephanie Summers of Fish-Butts, (she is the NICEST person on the planet, i will promise you.) So, i don't have my money yet and i'm very worried. I think i didn't receive what i paid for. Amanda is very nice but overall I'm very upset about how the whole situation played out.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/558032_435463066548492_386020334_n.jpg

Mermaid Momo
04-06-2013, 01:04 AM
Did you ask her if she just sent you the wrong tail and maybe someone else received yours? It sort of sounds like a shipping mishap or a confusion of customers

Mermaid Zoe
04-06-2013, 01:06 AM
Well i asked for those colors in the first place but changed them, and i left a long email about it too.

Mermaid Zoe
04-06-2013, 10:00 AM
I would recommend them but be specific about shoe size trust me.

ashleyematthews
04-20-2013, 07:42 AM
it is very possible it could have been a fin mix up. i myself recieved the wrong tail and know someone else who did as well. there's no reason her measurements would have been SOOO off... :-/

SeaGlass Siren
04-20-2013, 07:58 AM
I agree. Mine were exact. Perhaps there was a mix up ?

LolaStarfish.mermaid
05-18-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm about get her shut down, She's a scam artist. And she's wasting ppls time I posted this on her FB fan page and she keeps taking it down ! but at the same time she's not responding to emails I had enough

Hi Amanda I was wondering if you were ever able to get of the many Emails I sent? Asking you could let me know if there's been any progress on my tail and if I could see photos I still haven't heard from you. This is becoming the most frustrating thing in the world. I am just asking to be updated if possible. Now it's looking quite like I going to have to sue and have this get ugly if need be however I don't want it to come to that but it, but it if needs to come to that I'm ready! I would just like my tail please, or my money back.

LolaStarfish.mermaid
05-18-2013, 09:50 AM
DON'T DO IT!

Mermaid Kelda
05-19-2013, 12:31 AM
I'm ordering a tail through her at the moment, and she's been absolutely lovely. In fact, after I decided I wanted a colour change, she was the one who emailed me asking for updates on the new colour scheme! You can't take only your own experience and tell people to not buy from her. I'm sorry you've had a bad experience, but like all tail makers, some people have bad dealings and some have good.

leeloo
05-25-2013, 06:19 AM
Just thought I'd update on my tail experience. My tail was delivered April 16th, when I was out of town. It was just left at the door. Thank goodness I had relatives nearby who were able to pick it up for me so it wouldn't be stolen! Anyway, when I got the tail it looked beautiful, but I noticed the bottom of the fluke didn't look completely sealed shut, and I later noticed a tear under one of my extra fins. When I tried putting it on it probably took a good 20 minutes to squeeze into it with the help of two people. It was wayyyy too tight. The foot straps were so tight I feared it would cut off circulation very quickly, so I tried to pry the straps off as fast as I could but the tail was so darn tight just that took a few minutes. My ankles and knees were crushed together so tightly it caused me pain. I could barely move in it. I measured the tail to check against my measurements, and it was two inches too small all the way around. I thought maybe I gained weight, but my knees and ankles were just as bony as ever! I am trying to work with her now to see if she can fix it/resize it, but it doesn't look like there was a lot of extra material to work with so I don't know how she is going to fix it. I'd hate for her to have to make me a whole new tail, but if she can't resize it to my measurements I'm not sure what other option there would be. I'm afraid she will refuse to make me another tail, but what am I supposed to do with a tail that doesn't fit me? Like the saying goes, measure twice, cut once. I'm very disappointed in her lack of professionalism. This seems to be a trend with many tail makers and it is very frustrating.

juliette the mermaid
07-15-2013, 01:41 PM
I haven't received my tail yet, but it is 20 days late.
At first, the service was great, and Amanda is really sweet, but a little over one month ago my computer wasn't doing all that great, and thus, I didn't contact her for updates until the 4th. It was the weekend of Independence Day, so I was not expecting a response immediately. Despite this, it is her responsibility to work on the tail as promised. What upset me was that she had updated her Facebook page four days later, and I still got no answer. I wrote on her wall on the 10th, but it doesn't seem like she comments on anyone's posts there. She has been posting photos of beautiful tails since.
Yesterday I tried contacting her again through Etsy. I told her that I would like to know when my tail would arrive, and that if she wasn't finished I didn't want her to rush (I'm not paying over 500 dollars for a heavily flawed tail! (and besides, I am visiting family in France for the next 3 weeks.))
In conclusion of my pre-arrival review, I am really annoyed Amanda's efficiency. I don't care if my tail is late as long as she gives me updates - of which she has given me none. She promised the tail to be shipped out by the end of June. As much as it pains me to say this, the only word that feels right to describe my impression of Merberry Tails so far is ridiculous.

At this point, the only things that could console me are an honest message from Amanda or a shiny well-made tail at my doorstep.

Mermaid Avalon
07-23-2013, 03:03 PM
hello juliette,
I am so sorry you have to go through this-- i am going through sort of the same situation--lack of response AND a total lack of professionalism. I am in the midst of finding out what I can do as far as a chargeback via my bank account and pay pa, as the 45 days to file a dispute with pay pal solely has passed.

I haven't received my tail yet, but it is 20 days late.
At first, the service was great, and Amanda is really sweet, but a little over one month ago my computer wasn't doing all that great, and thus, I didn't contact her for updates until the 4th. It was the weekend of Independence Day, so I was not expecting a response immediately. Despite this, it is her responsibility to work on the tail as promised. What upset me was that she had updated her Facebook page four days later, and I still got no answer. I wrote on her wall on the 10th, but it doesn't seem like she comments on anyone's posts there. She has been posting photos of beautiful tails since.
Yesterday I tried contacting her again through Etsy. I told her that I would like to know when my tail would arrive, and that if she wasn't finished I didn't want her to rush (I'm not paying over 500 dollars for a heavily flawed tail! (and besides, I am visiting family in France for the next 3 weeks.))
In conclusion of my pre-arrival review, I am really annoyed Amanda's efficiency. I don't care if my tail is late as long as she gives me updates - of which she has given me none. She promised the tail to be shipped out by the end of June. As much as it pains me to say this, the only word that feels right to describe my impression of Merberry Tails so far is ridiculous.

At this point, the only things that could console me are an honest message from Amanda or a shiny well-made tail at my doorstep.

juliette the mermaid
07-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Mermaid Avalon, I'm so sorry you're having this problem! At least we're not alone :) (not sure thats a good thing)If you ordered through Etsy, I think they allow you to create a case up to 45 days after the item is marked as shipped (etsy's help article on the subject) (http://www.etsy.com/help/article/35)

Update:

Before it was too late, I left feedback on Merberry's Etsy feedback page, which was, consequently, negative, hoping that it would push Amanda to respond. (still no answer)
Yesterday, I made a report to Etsy stating that my item is late. (still no answer)
I found in my inbox today [somewhat today, I'm 9 hours ahead of her] a message from Amanda (finally!!!), though it was sent to multiple clients:

"Hi everyone! I just wanted to send out a quick email to thank you for your patience :) Last week I had to step out unexpectedly and wasn't able to find anyone to take over work for me so I'll be answering all of last weeks emails today and tonight. I have an intern on site today for the first time who will be helping get tails made a little faster so I hope to have plenty of updates for you all! :)
Thank you again!
-Amanda"

Okay, great; she says she'll respond. I'm glad she's getting an intern to help out, and I hope that everything is doing fine in her personal life. My problem is that it's been way more than one week that I have been trying to contact her.

I'm now just waiting for her to reply to my etsy case so I can get my tail shipped or (god I hope not) my non-existant tail's refund.

I really hope these many dilemmas are caused for good reason; I fear that Merberry is quickly becoming notorious for their "lack of professionalism".

Update (25-7-13):
HALLELUJAH BABY SHE ANSWERED ME
:yay:

She said my tail will be done by Saturday and that she could give me photos today... this is such a relief! I was so ready to ask for a refund. My biggest concern now is that the tail will be / was rushed. We'll see how this turns out!

SeaGlass Siren
07-24-2013, 11:48 AM
thats what happens to most tail makers.. they take on too much and then... :toilet flush:

but i do hope she pulls through.

Erica McKenna
07-28-2013, 09:29 PM
I recently got a tail from Merberry, and my experience has been nothing but positive.

I was able to get in on her sale, so I got the pro tail for $475. I ordered April 8, 2013. I got the tail on July 1st, 2013. Throughout the entire process, Amanda was very good at communicating with me. Any email I sent her, she would respond in no more than a few days' time.

The design process went smoothly, I knew exactly what I wanted and was able to communicate it to her easily.

The tail I have is latex. As soon as I opened it up, it smelled a little of paint. But, I expected that.

I immediately put it on. It fit perfectly. I then needed pics of me in it, so I took the tail into the bathtub with me. That is when I took the pic that is in my signature. When it got wet, some of the blue paint rubbed off onto my tub. I emailed Amanda about this, and asked if it was possible that it was just excess paint. She said that was most likely what it was.

On taking it off, I noticed a very small split in the seam (no more than an inch long) by my hip. I honestly don't know if this was from me wearing it, or if it came that way. Either way, it was a very easy fix. I just hand-sewed it back together. You can't even tell where it was now that it is fixed.

I then wore it for the first time swimming. (video below) It is not buoyant at all in the water. The fluke doesn't see to fill with water, as some people have complained about with other latex tails. While swimming, the waist loosened up, and rolled down. If you watch the video, you can see it roll down and see my black leggings underneath. I think this is an easy fix as well, I just need to make myself a mermaid belt.

http://youtu.be/Mf5rco2PUZE

I was very careful not to stand in the tail at all (in or out of the pool). But, after wearing it only the one time, I noticed a few tiny little rips in the silicone where the scales are lifting off the neoprene. Also, there were some classic latex white spots on the edges of the fluke.

I sent an email to Amanda showing her pics of the damage on the tail. She said that she has been having a lot of people complain about the problems with the latex, she is now switching to silicone. She also offered to make me a silicone tail to make up for the problems!

In final, I am very impressed with Merberry's service. She has been nothing but nice and prompt with all of her communications. She offered to compensate me for the problems I had. Her paint job on the tail is spectacular and it was made just as I asked for it to be done. The measurements were exact and the design was flawless. I have nothing but nice and positive things to say about her and her company.

Fishy Kisses,
Erica the Rainbow Mermaid
><>**<><

leeloo
11-19-2013, 04:01 AM
So I have another update. Back in August Amanda told me she would not only remake my tail, she said she would remake it in silicone since it holds up much better. I was thrilled. She said it should be done around mid October. Since then I have heard NOTHING from her. I didn't e-mail her for a while because I figured she was busy and I just wanted to be patient; after all I won this tail in a raffle so since I only paid $25 for the raffle ticket so I didn't expect to be a priority. I recently tried e-mailing her a couple of times and she has not replied. I sent her a message on Facebook in case she was having e-mail trouble. I checked back a couple days later and saw that she read it, but never replied. I tried sending a follow-up message, but I could not send it, with a FB popup reading something along the lines of I did not have permission to send her messages. I am thinking she blocked me. I have never been blocked on FB before (or anywhere else for that matter) and I have been super patient and polite to her this whole time. I posted a message on her FB page expressing my disappointment, and she has deleted it, still without saying a word to me. I understand I am not a real "paying" customer, but this is insane. I don't know if I should contact the BBB or just try to sell the tail online. I'm assuming the best resolution I could get is a refund of my raffle ticket cost, so it might be better if I just sell it, however I don't know who could possibly fit in the thing. I'm pretty thin, and have very thin ankles, but my ankles and knees were crushed in the tail. I tried swimming in it once to see if the after would loosen it up in the water but it didn't. I couldn't stand being in it longer than 10 minutes; I felt like I was losing circulation. It has been over a YEAR. Paying customer or not, this is completely unacceptable.

Merman Arion
11-19-2013, 05:12 AM
So I have another update. Back in August Amanda told me she would not only remake my tail, she said she would remake it in silicone since it holds up much better. I was thrilled. She said it should be done around mid October. Since then I have heard NOTHING from her. I didn't e-mail her for a while because I figured she was busy and I just wanted to be patient; after all I won this tail in a raffle so since I only paid $25 for the raffle ticket so I didn't expect to be a priority. I recently tried e-mailing her a couple of times and she has not replied. I sent her a message on Facebook in case she was having e-mail trouble. I checked back a couple days later and saw that she read it, but never replied. I tried sending a follow-up message, but I could not send it, with a FB popup reading something along the lines of I did not have permission to send her messages. I am thinking she blocked me. I have never been blocked on FB before (or anywhere else for that matter) and I have been super patient and polite to her this whole time. I posted a message on her FB page expressing my disappointment, and she has deleted it, still without saying a word to me. I understand I am not a real "paying" customer, but this is insane. I don't know if I should contact the BBB or just try to sell the tail online. I'm assuming the best resolution I could get is a refund of my raffle ticket cost, so it might be better if I just sell it, however I don't know who could possibly fit in the thing. I'm pretty thin, and have very thin ankles, but my ankles and knees were crushed in the tail. I tried swimming in it once to see if the after would loosen it up in the water but it didn't. I couldn't stand being in it longer than 10 minutes; I felt like I was losing circulation. It has been over a YEAR. Paying customer or not, this is completely unacceptable.

This common behavior from tailmakers is starting to piss me off... :mad:

Fishbutt, MermaidRUS, and now Merberry Tails! Is it the new trend now? screwing up the customers? :gah:

leeloo
11-19-2013, 06:18 PM
Fishbutts now too? Dang. Yea I had problems with the Mertailor too. Took way longer than expected with constant changes in completion dates, conflicting excuses, and poor communication. The tail was also too big. He offered to fix it but I would have to pay shipping and I knew it would take a long time so I just took it to a tailor. And I also realized later that the front and back half of my tail were two different colors. My tail was supposed to be purple, but one side looked more blue. Oh, and I was only able to get my tail after filing a complaint with the BBB.

Mermaid Momo
11-19-2013, 11:32 PM
Fishbutts now too? Dang. Yea I had problems with the Mertailor too. Took way longer than expected with constant changes in completion dates, conflicting excuses, and poor communication. The tail was also too big. He offered to fix it but I would have to pay shipping and I knew it would take a long time so I just took it to a tailor. And I also realized later that the front and back half of my tail were two different colors. My tail was supposed to be purple, but one side looked more blue. Oh, and I was only able to get my tail after filing a complaint with the BBB.

Fishbutts has been going under for awhile now (I think along the lines of a year?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

leeloo
11-19-2013, 11:47 PM
wow, I really have been away from this community too long. :/

MermaidDennieblue
11-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Is Merberry still making tails???

SeaGlass Siren
11-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Last time i checked.. no. it's been months since i've seen some sort of activity.

Pixie Mermaid
11-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Copy Pasta'd from another merberry thread: I just want my 500$ back Q.Q
I made my own post about merberry a while ago. long story short; I had some personal issues that impacted me having a tail, asked for a refund and she agreed. That was around mid August to early October. The last email I had received was October 10th. Saying that they had a "confirmed investor" and I would be getting my refund in a few weeks. The email wasn't even from Amanda herself, it was her friend. Fast forward to now. I emailed a week ago, and once again yesterday. This morning I messaged Amanda herself and even her assistant. She can't even play the "my internet isn't working" card because her facebook posts are public, and she seems to post almost everyday. Every single one of my messages have been polite and well worded and don't sound aggressive at all. I just really want a reply? is that such a difficult thing to do?
In the event I never get a reply ever, is there a type of internet police or something I can file to someone to get my money back? I bought it on etsy, with my debit card(which I regret not using paypal). I just never thought it would turn out to be this frustrating. :(

Im just really bummed man :I

Brittany McNeely
08-30-2014, 05:54 PM
In love with these! So mystical

Brittany McNeely
08-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Mertailors tails have better flukes (: I was thinking of getting a tail by her but since his are better quality and the same price I'm just sticking with him until I can get a full silicone (:

SeaGlass Siren
08-30-2014, 06:06 PM
Hey Britt, unfortunately i dont even think merberry even exists anymore let along make tails... in fact when i look her up i can't see her on facebook. her page is gone.

PearlieMae
08-30-2014, 06:15 PM
Yeeeeeaaaah...

Cetus_The_Sapphire_Merman
09-12-2014, 02:17 AM
Is Merberry still in existence? Where can I place my order?

Mermaid Adriel
09-12-2014, 06:34 AM
Is Merberry still in existence? Where can I place my order?

I don't think...

SeaGlass Siren
09-12-2014, 07:41 AM
Nope not anymore.

09-14-2014, 09:14 AM
I am a little saddened, because I love her TLM tail design.

Mermaid Crystal Shimmer
09-14-2014, 09:18 AM
Have you read any review on her tails yet? Because you'd know you should be happy she's not making them anymore.

AniaR
09-14-2014, 09:38 AM
I dont think I've seen a merberry tail that didnt fall apart. Even people who didnt post here, every single one I looked at on FB you could see turning white, losing colour, losing scales etc even after 1 swim

SeaGlass Siren
09-14-2014, 11:01 AM
^ yeah i can vouch for this. front of my tail hasn't lost any colour or peel yet but the backside is a completely different story.

09-14-2014, 11:19 AM
I'm just talking about the design.

SeaGlass Siren
09-14-2014, 08:08 PM
yeah when she paints them they look fabulous but they dont mean anything if the material doesnt hold :(

09-14-2014, 09:59 PM
That sucks to hear. I'm looking for my first tail. It's most likely going to be a fabric tail.

Mermaid Octavia
09-15-2014, 10:11 AM
I dont think I've seen a merberry tail that didnt fall apart. Even people who didnt post here, every single one I looked at on FB you could see turning white, losing colour, losing scales etc even after 1 swim

This.

The one I saw in person had no drainage holes so it was completely unusable in the water. It also had holes in the scales, embedded hairs and was peeling.

MermaidLilyRose
10-04-2014, 03:08 PM
My first tail was a merberry tail, and let me tell you it was a nightmare from day one!

I ordered it in her Halloween sale, she told me it would take 2-3 months at most to make and ship to the UK....7 months later I finally received my tail after many emails back and forth between myself and her.

repeatedly I was promised pictures that day, they would never be sent, shed tell me it was nearly finished then never send pictures and all of a sudden theres been a problem so it will take longer....this got ridiculous and it nearly ended in a lawsuit.

Anyway my tail finally arrived and it was beautiful, I was completely over joyed by it.

at first.

After looking at it more closely i noticed there were scales missing, paint brush bristles sticking out of it (which kept jabbing me in the legs) the monofin was incredibly noticeable and the material inside was not neoprene (as was stated)

I did my first photoshoot in it and it looked stunning (in my opinion anyway haha) but then at my first event more problems arose.

The heels fell apart, the monofin began to come through the latex at the corners, the "latex" began lifting away from the "neoprene" and holes began appearing in it too!

I contacted Amanda about this issue and she promised me a free tail to make up for it as she knew when she sent it that it was sub-standard.

I found this to be reasonable and accepted her offer. however I never received a free tail and she shut down.

I'd like to point out too that she closed down without refunding my money for a sea glass bra that she took payment for and never made...

So to summarise, DO NOT order a tail from this woman. I believe she may have set up under another name (I am not certain of this but the tails i have seen look very similar to her work)

complete scam artist!

(ps sorry for the long paragraph! haha)

Meronica
10-19-2014, 06:15 PM
MermaidLilyRose, she has started up Finspo mermaid tails (on Facebook and Etsy). If I were you, I'd go after her now that she's popped back up in the tailmaker community.

I've been looking at her personal Facebook and I guess she's had some personal problems in the past year, but that's still no excuse for scamming people out of their money. I guess I'm just a bit upset that the tailmaker nearest me isn't trustworthy. :( I would have loved to order a tail from her and pick it up in person.

Bree Lovas
07-22-2015, 06:03 PM
Did you ever sue? Im having to sue as well. She stole my tail and never responded to any of my emails. Got no updates nothing. Same as you. What was the outcome for you?