PDA

View Full Version : free diving special!

Gem Stone
01-13-2013, 07:31 PM
After the Texans/Patriots game today, 60 Minutes is doing a special on free diving!

Mermaid Annariea
01-13-2013, 08:31 PM
i thought i saw that. i couldnt hear what the commercial was about, but i saw someone swimming with a monofin and was like "OMG LOOK TYLER (my bf) ITS A MONOFIN!!!"

lol.

Mermaid Allie
01-13-2013, 09:43 PM
EXCITEMENT! Too bad i have midterms in 2 weeks. mayb it'll be on hulu or something.

Gem Stone
01-13-2013, 11:59 PM
false alarm. it only went over how crazy it is of a sport and how the people who do it train a lot and one man who went the deepest didn't get to count his dive because he made the ok sign with his finger, said I'm ok, and then took off his goggles when he was supposed to take his goggles off first. I was hoping for some techniques or something. the only technique they mentioned was 'swallowing' air for a few minutes before diving so you can have the absolute most air in his lungs. and then to end it, it pretty much repeated how dangerous it is, how crazy those people are, and how hard it is. all in all, not bad. I have no complaints, but I wish it gave some tips or something

malinghi
01-14-2013, 07:22 PM
I thought it was pretty good. It did a great job expressing how cool it is, although it did seem like it portrayed it in a way that discouraged viewers from trying.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50138924n