PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts

TaurielTheElementMerfairy
08-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Born and raised in Massachusetts, I dont live in Boston but I do love the town though and have been there for a school trip a couple of times. My favorite baseball teams are Red Sox and Marlins and my favorite football teams are Patriots and Dolphins. Is there any other merpeople that live in New England and that live near me also?

MermanJV
11-21-2011, 04:07 AM
Hey Rebekah! I'm new on this channel. I've never gone swimming before in either of my 2 tails..... I'm currently out in Cambridge, but I'm from Western Mass. The berkshires, to be a little more precise.

YAY for the Massachusetts Mini-pod. <3

Sitre Seer Moroaica
05-13-2012, 11:49 PM
Hey Rebekah :3 I live in Colorado but I adore Massachusetts. I've been there a couple times and I have to say that deep inside it's my home. I have been to Boston, Salem and surrounding areas and remember it clearly and especially the smells, scents of the stores, ocean and more :3 If you dont mind me asking which city do you live in?

08-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi Vinobia. Well I was born in North Adams and I just recently moved to Adams about 3 weeks ago cause we were looking for another apartment in Adams cause it is nice and peacefull here. I am a newbie at this hole thing of being a mermaid and I dont have a tail yet and never swimmed in a tail in my hole life. I would like to try to find a mer that has a tail for her self and a tail for me to try and swim in and take pics in and videos also together to see if I am going to actually like it before I buy a tail myself. Do you or you know any mer that can do this and lives near me so we can do this? Please let me know as soon as you can if you do. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks. :)

babsannee
12-03-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm a semi-cape cod mer!

merNixie
02-11-2013, 05:33 PM
I used to live in Rhode Island, RIGHT on the coast. I've (sadly) been landlocked in central Florida since late 2009, though.
However, I'm moving back up to Amherst/NoHo this fall! If you're close, we should meet up at the Boston coastline some time. c:

Mermaid Shayna
02-22-2013, 11:28 AM
I live in Mass and my Grandmother lives on Martha's Vineyard ^w^ Hooray for Massachusetts!

Spindrift
02-22-2013, 05:01 PM
I think North Adams is near me, although I'm in New York.

lasserine
02-22-2013, 06:02 PM
yay for mass

MerMarla
03-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Hi PNE-Mers! I'm Mermaid Marla! I swam at Weeki Wachee for 2 1/2 years (1969-1972)... Yes I am an OLD Mer! hahaha! Hubby and I just moved into our house in Pepperell, MA, near the Hollis, NH border. We have 1400 feet of the Nissitissit River in our backyard! Its pretty shallow in lots of places, but still good to cool off in during the summer! You can Google images of it, the first few are mine. Maybe we can have a pod gathering this summer... will have to see! I'd love to meet Pod members!

lasserine
03-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Welcome.

mermaid_nixie
04-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Hello! I'm so happy to meet some more Mass mermaids! I'm new on mernetwork, and I'm from northeastern mass. I find it super difficult to get started with mermaiding! any tips?

SINicallyTwisted
06-14-2013, 12:00 AM
Hello Everyone! Born and raised in Sebago Lake area of Maine and moved down to Lowell, MA about 9 years ago. ;)

Does anyone attend any conventions in area?

MerMarla
06-14-2013, 02:17 AM
Hi SINically!

I don't know of any conventions, except the Coney Is. one, that I believe just finished. Most conventions are in the south, there is one in Tampa, FL called MerPalooza in August. I don't know if the Las Vegas event is happening this year or not.

I'm just getting back to swimming after a year hiatus, and moving to a new home. Took a while to find a new pool (it's in NH, closer to drive than my former gym in Westford) I absolutely love my new fitness center (has 3 pools) and they let me swim with fins in any of them! Perfect for mermaid exercises!

(((HUGz))) and Bubble https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/e/B0C'z
Mermaid Marla

SINicallyTwisted
06-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Hi SINically!

I don't know of any conventions, except the Coney Is. one, that I believe just finished. Most conventions are in the south, there is one in Tampa, FL called MerPalooza in August. I don't know if the Las Vegas event is happening this year or not.

I'm just getting back to swimming after a year hiatus, and moving to a new home. Took a while to find a new pool (it's in NH, closer to drive than my former gym in Westford) I absolutely love my new fitness center (has 3 pools) and they let me swim with fins in any of them! Perfect for mermaid exercises!

Mermaid Marla

Hello Marla! Nice to meet you! YAY Hugs! I love hugs! :hug:

Oh I meant conventions in general like AnimeCon, Boston Comic Con (a convention I work for), GraniteCon, and so on. I attend a lot of the conventions in the New England area and I bring my mermaid tails and was just curious if anyone else attended them. I will be at Boston Comic Con in August with my Steampunk tail and my tail skirt. I'm also creating a brand new non-walking mermaid for GraniteCon which is in Sept. Of course I will also have my mermaid artwork with me too. ;)

Congrats on your new home and for finding a fitness center that will let you swim! That's wonderful!
*more mermaidy hugs*
:mermaid kiss:

mermaid_nixie
06-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Hello Everyone! Born and raised in Sebago Lake area of Maine and moved down to Lowell, MA about 9 years ago. ;)

Does anyone attend any conventions in area?

Ahh!! Lowell? So close to me!! I'm in Haverhill :D I wish there were cons but I don't know of any

SINicallyTwisted
06-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Hi mermaidkatie! Haverhill! Awesome! Hello neighbor! :hug:

I attend many conventions in the New England area, not necessarily mermaid themed though. I will be at Boston Comic Con in August (a con that I work at, I run the costume contest part of the convention) and I will have both my steampunk tail and my tail skirt at that show. I will also be attending GraniteCon in Sept. where I will have a table with my mermaid artwork and I'll be showing off a new mermaid there too. You should come! It's a lot of fun and everyone is groovy cool. :D

MerMarla
06-16-2013, 02:19 PM
@ SINicallyTwisted
@ Mermaid Katie

You are both really close to me! Our house in Chelmsford is slowly being moved out of, but I'm there frequently. We moved to Pepperell, only 1/2 hour away! I joined a gym in NH and would love to bring you both! I can probably get a pass for both of you at the same time. The out door pool goes to 12 feet, and we most likely would have it to ourselves if we get there between 10 and 3pm. So far the club hasn't flinched with me using my fins (I don't own a monofin yet) but I inquired about swimming in a tail, and they didn't seem to be bothered about it. In fact they offered to rope off part of the outdoor pool for me so the kids on the diving board would only use their 1/2. Whadda say? It would be such fun. And the club has a restaurant for the munchies afterward!

This offer is also open to closeby mers in NH or MA, I just don't want you to drive too far for a swim, but you are all welcome! We can make arrangements as necessary! If more than two or three join me, I would have to make special arrangements with the club.

(((Hugz))) & Bubble https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/e/B0C's
Mermaid Marla

PS Steampunk Mermaids are awesome... been trying to collect some static/dry costumes! Being a horsewoman and working in leather, I love the steampunk look. Maybe I can make it to the ComicCon. Need more info! This is really cool!

lasserine
06-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Welcome fellow Mass mermaid. I am in Dedham myself.

MerMarla
06-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Welcome fellow Mass mermaid. I am in Dedham myself.

WOW there are more Mass Mer's than I thought... we definitely need a meet-up.... maybe SINs ComicCon, for a first meeting! Even tho its not a pool environment, we could have fun with it!

Marla is thinking hard about this.... Could happen!

Hmmm a whole pod of mers decending on the Con! What a sight that would be!

Mermaid Marla

mermaid_nixie
06-16-2013, 06:01 PM
@ SINicallyTwisted
@ Mermaid Katie

You are both really close to me! Our house in Chelmsford is slowly being moved out of, but I'm there frequently. We moved to Pepperell, only 1/2 hour away! I joined a gym in NH and would love to bring you both! I can probably get a pass for both of you at the same time. The out door pool goes to 12 feet, and we most likely would have it to ourselves if we get there between 10 and 3pm. So far the club hasn't flinched with me using my fins (I don't own a monofin yet) but I inquired about swimming in a tail, and they didn't seem to be bothered about it. In fact they offered to rope off part of the outdoor pool for me so the kids on the diving board would only use their 1/2. Whadda say? It would be such fun. And the club has a restaurant for the munchies afterward!

This offer is also open to closeby mers in NH or MA, I just don't want you to drive too far for a swim, but you are all welcome! We can make arrangements as necessary! If more than two or three join me, I would have to make special arrangements with the club.

Mermaid Marla

PS Steampunk Mermaids are awesome... been trying to collect some static/dry costumes! Being a horsewoman and working in leather, I love the steampunk look. Maybe I can make it to the ComicCon. Need more info! This is really cool!

Wow!! A mass mermeetup would be amazing!! I would love to come swim <3 I only have a fabric tail currently ^^;; but no need to be fancy :D

mermaid_nixie
06-16-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm so happy there are more mers around me than I thought!<3 I don't feel so lonely anymore lol

Spindrift
06-16-2013, 07:36 PM
I've gone to AnimeBoston before. Parking is such a pain though.

MerMarla
06-17-2013, 12:46 AM
Wow!! A mass mermeetup would be amazing!! I would love to come swim <3 I only have a fabric tail currently ^^;; but no need to be fancy :D

Mermaid Katie, LOL, you are one up on me! My tail isn't done yet, so I just swim in suit and fins. It really doesn't matter, you can bring it if you like! I'm working on another bathing suit because I didn't want to spend $50-$100 on a suit to get ruined by chlorine! I still can't find a laundry soap that removes the chlorine from fabric. So I didn't want to ruin the tail I was making either. I got distracted with the new suit, and now am going to get the tail started again. I may just make the tail with the current fins I have (they are cut like my fins from Weeki), and modify it later when I get the fin design I am experimenting with finished.

PM me with what days and times work for you! Remember the best, quietest times are between 10am and 3 PM M-F. At the moment Wednesday's are not good for me, but other days are. I'd just have to check my calendar!
WOO HOO, splish splash... a mini mer meet up!

Mermaid Marla

SINicallyTwisted
06-17-2013, 10:24 AM
What a wonderful idea! I feel like we found long lost family members! LOL

I do have one question though, would it be alright to bring my 16yr old son with me?

mermaid_nixie
06-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Mermaid Katie, LOL, you are one up on me! My tail isn't done yet, so I just swim in suit and fins. It really doesn't matter, you can bring it if you like! I'm working on another bathing suit because I didn't want to spend $50-$100 on a suit to get ruined by chlorine! I still can't find a laundry soap that removes the chlorine from fabric. So I didn't want to ruin the tail I was making either. I got distracted with the new suit, and now am going to get the tail started again. I may just make the tail with the current fins I have (they are cut like my fins from Weeki), and modify it later when I get the fin design I am experimenting with finished.

PM me with what days and times work for you! Remember the best, quietest times are between 10am and 3 PM M-F. At the moment Wednesday's are not good for me, but other days are. I'd just have to check my calendar!
WOO HOO, splish splash... a mini mer meet up!

Mermaid Marla

Where in NH is the place located?

mermaid_nixie
06-19-2013, 07:54 PM
What a wonderful idea! I feel like we found long lost family members! LOL

I do have one question though, would it be alright to bring my 16yr old son with me?

I myself am 17, actually ^^;;;

MerMarla
06-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Yes, bring whomever you'd like to. I just need a count for the day so I can get the pass. The fitness center is called Hampshire Hills, in Milford, NH...
here's the website. www.hampshirehills.com

Sorry I didn't get back to you all, kinda got busy!

PM me if you want to make arrangements!

Mermaid Marla

SINicallyTwisted
07-22-2013, 11:12 AM
I Pm'ed you Marla. Sorry for my lateness. I've been so busy but things will die down a bit for me after August 5th.

OK, here's the info I have for everyone, if you're interested in going.

On the 27th, I will be swimming around here at Liquid Planet Water Park in Candia, New Hampshire. I'm with a group called The New England Brethren of Pirates and I'm their guest mermaid. I 'think' there might be other mermaids but I'm not entirely sure. I had to make a quick mermaid tail and a swimmable monofin for this. Not my best work but it will have to do for now. I don't think the kids will mind and I do plan on making more swimmable tails when I have more time. Xp
http://www.liquidplanetwaterpark.com/

Then I will be at Boston Comic Con on August 3 & 4. On Saturday August 3rd I'll be there in my Steampunk Mermaid costume and on Sunday August 4th I'll be in my Ariel Mermaid costume, the modified hoop skirt one.
http://bostoncomiccon.com/

(I have another appearance on July 31 at Faneuil Hall in Boston, MA but I won't be appearing as a mermaid but if you want that info just in case....http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/event/boston-comic-con-costume-contest/2145419124)

And on September 28th & 29th I will be at GraniteCon in Manchester, New Hampshire. On the 28th I'll be revealing a brand new mermaid creation!
http://www.granitecon.com/

Echinacea
07-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Greetings, fellow Massachusetts residents! I live in Marlborough, and work in Framingham. Originally I'm from Vermont, but moved down here in about 1984. Always been near water - my family had a couple of ponds on the property, and Norwich (my hometown) is on the banks of the Connecticut River. My husband's family has a house on Cape Cod, and Marlborough is not too far from a couple of nice state parks with lakes/ponds. Of course, I always seem to be too busy to go drive to any of them to swim!

SINicallyTwisted
08-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi everyone! I'm back from Boston Comic Con and my other events this past week! Did anyone manage to go to Boston Comic Con?

Echinacea
08-13-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm starting to think of places with indoor pools to swim, once the weather and water get cooler. There is an indoor pool down in Roslindale, which on the phone at least, says they will let me swim with a monofin! An annual family membership (2 adults, 3 kids) is $50! (The MetroWest YMCA costs 3 times that, and says no monofins :( )

Mermaid Lyra
09-25-2013, 08:10 AM
Hello SINicallyTwisted!
I saw you at Boston Comic Con this year... your steampunk tail was so beautiful and really made me want to become a mermaid... I had thought about it for a while but you inspired me! Glad to know there are mermaids out here in MA!

Mermaid Lyra
09-25-2013, 08:11 AM
Hello to everyone! I'm new to the community! Just starting out. Still looking for a tail and everything! I am very excited to see that there are mermaids near me and I think this is so awesome like we have our own pod :)

SINicallyTwisted
09-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Hello SINicallyTwisted!
I saw you at Boston Comic Con this year... your steampunk tail was so beautiful and really made me want to become a mermaid... I had thought about it for a while but you inspired me! Glad to know there are mermaids out here in MA!

Awesome! Did you make it both days of Boston Comic Con? YAY! I'm happy to hear that I inspired you! *hugs* Are you going to come to GraniteCon this weekend? I'll be showing off a brand new mermaid creation on Saturday. hehehe ;)

Here's the link for more info.
http://granitecon.com/

MerMarla
09-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Awesome! Did you make it both days of Boston Comic Con? YAY! I'm happy to hear that I inspired you! *hugs* Are you going to come to GraniteCon this weekend? I'll be showing off a brand new mermaid creation on Saturday. hehehe ;)

Hi SIN,

I'm going to try and make Sunday! Wish I had a costume to wear, would be fun to join in! All my stuff is still packed or being packed, or somewhere in the Chelmsford house, quite disorganized! I'm driving longer distances now, so I can make it drive-wise. Have to see how the head feels after my Saturday get-together in Boston with friends I haven't seen for a year! We are going to the Carousel, then a trip into the Aquarium! Should be a nice day!

Hope to see you Sunday!

Mermaid Marla

SINicallyTwisted
09-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Hi SIN,

I'm going to try and make Sunday! Wish I had a costume to wear, would be fun to join in! All my stuff is still packed or being packed, or somewhere in the Chelmsford house, quite disorganized! I'm driving longer distances now, so I can make it drive-wise. Have to see how the head feels after my Saturday get-together in Boston with friends I haven't seen for a year! We are going to the Carousel, then a trip into the Aquarium! Should be a nice day!

Hope to see you Sunday!

Mermaid Marla

Squee! I hope you can make it! If you can make it I'll be at my table #919, right down the aisle from the New England Brethern of Pirates. Unfortunately I won't be wearing the new mermaid costume on Sunday though. Sunday I'll be wearing a mermaid cross over costume so I can walk around and see the show. I try to make one day a tail day and the other a walking day. Sunday I'll be dressed up as Sailor Moon Ariel. I don't know if I should post that costume here as it's not a tail costume but I will definitely post pics of the new mermaid costume for sure. I was tempted to make an album to put my mermaid artwork in it but I'm not sure if that would be allowed here either. I'm still learning the site as best as I can with what little down time I get. Eep. :$

I feel absolutely terrible that I haven't been able to meet up with anyone this summer due to the rain and being so busy with conventions. There's just not enough time in a day to do everything I would like to do. :(

I love the Aquarium! My gosh it's been a while since I've gone there. I really need to fix that ASAP! Hrmmmm...what about a MA Mermaid Meet Up at the Aquarium some day? Weekends are easier for me. ;)

OH! Did you get my wall message I posted on your profile? I hope I did that right. LOL Just wanted to pop in and give ya some mermaidy love. ;)

PearlieMae
09-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Hello to everyone! I'm new to the community! Just starting out. Still looking for a tail and everything! I am very excited to see that there are mermaids near me and I think this is so awesome like we have our own pod :)

Hi MarissaAlice! You should start a new thread and introduce yourself here: http://mernetwork.com/index/forumdisplay.php?7-Introduce-Yourself

Echinacea
09-25-2013, 01:01 PM
I'd be interested in a meet-up at the Aquarium - I haven't been there in god's own age, either! Weekends are good for me, too.

Mermaid Lyra
09-25-2013, 01:13 PM

Sadly no..
I'm in Ireland for the next two weeks working at the Mermaid Arts Centre in Bray.. (its just an arts centre though I wish they had more to do with mermaids here!)

I will be going to Rhode Island comic con though! Steampunk as well! I am so excited!

MerMarla
09-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Unfortunately I won't be wearing the new mermaid costume on Sunday though.

That's ok, but I would love to see the new costume anyway! But only if you have it there, otherwise I can just vicariously enjoy your pix!

Sunday I'll be wearing a mermaid cross over costume so I can walk around and see the show.... I was tempted to make an album to put my mermaid artwork in it but I'm not sure if that would be allowed here either. I'm still learning the site....

You have to be comfy! A walk around costume is much easier to deal with! I think you can make an album of any of your stuff. Not sure, but why not? If the Admins don't like it you can take it down, but I would love to see more of your work!

I feel absolutely terrible that I haven't been able to meet up with anyone this summer due to the rain and being so busy with conventions. There's just not enough time in a day to do everything I would like to do. :(

Oh geez, not to worry, we can still swim at the gym all Fall and Winter! If you want, the pool is open until 10pm, I think, and it's really quiet!

I love the Aquarium! My gosh it's been a while since I've gone there. I really need to fix that ASAP! Hrmmmm...what about a MA Mermaid Meet Up at the Aquarium some day? Weekends are easier for me. ;)

I was thinking the same thing! A MA Mermaid Meet-Up would be fabulous... http://www.neaq.org/ I know ppl can get discounted passes at their local library. I'm going to look into a membership again, just because! New England Aquarium, just reopened their central tank, all new stuff. It will be a wonderful visit. I would def go again!

OH! Did you get my wall message I posted on your profile? I hope I did that right. LOL Just wanted to pop in and give ya some mermaidy love. ;)

Squeeeee! Yes, it's there! I am really bad at responding! I forget to look at the notifications! We HAVE to get together sometime, even if it's not at the Boston Aquarium!

(((Hugz))) and Bubble https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/e/B0C'z
Mermaid Marla

MerMarla
09-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Sadly no..
I'm in Ireland for the next two weeks working at the Mermaid Arts Centre in Bray.. (its just an arts centre though I wish they had more to do with mermaids here!)

I will be going to Rhode Island comic con though! Steampunk as well! I am so excited!

Welcome MarissaAlice!

Oh how nice to travel to Ireland, never been there! Someday...

Nice to have another Mer in our New England pod. SIN and I are trying to get together, and I know there are some other local Mers, too. I have a membership to a great gym and pool club in Milford NH, Hampshire Hills Fitness. (two outdoor pools, and two indoor) They have all kinds of stuff going on there. I asked one time about using monofins, and my tail... they said no problem, there's even a Freeswimming club that comes in to practice sitting on the bottom, holding their breath!.

I've made the offer before to any of our pod. Just getting it co-ordinated! LOL, so all I have to do is get guest passes, and we can have a great time swimming together! I probably can arrange a special event so the pool is just available for us, with a lifeguard. I have to look into that.

Mermaid Marla

MerMarla
09-25-2013, 07:54 PM
I'd be interested in a meet-up at the Aquarium - I haven't been there in god's own age, either! Weekends are good for me, too.

Hi Echinacea!

We should all figure out how to contact each other, or start a thread here, to find out how many Mers would be interested in going. It would be great if we could get a pod together and have some fun at the Aquarium and eats nearby!

I know they just opened the center tank in July after a huge remake! I haven't been in many years either, so its about time!

We could even do a car-pool because Boston parking is notorious for being bad.

Food for thought!

(((Hugz))) and Bubble https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/e/B0C's
Mermaid Marla

Mermaid Lyra
09-26-2013, 06:49 AM
Welcome MarissaAlice!

Oh how nice to travel to Ireland, never been there! Someday...

Nice to have another Mer in our New England pod. SIN and I are trying to get together, and I know there are some other local Mers, too. I have a membership to a great gym and pool club in Milford NH, Hampshire Hills Fitness. (two outdoor pools, and two indoor) They have all kinds of stuff going on there. I asked one time about using monofins, and my tail... they said no problem, there's even a Freeswimming club that comes in to practice sitting on the bottom, holding their breath!.

I've made the offer before to any of our pod. Just getting it co-ordinated! LOL, so all I have to do is get guest passes, and we can have a great time swimming together! I probably can arrange a special event so the pool is just available for us, with a lifeguard. I have to look into that.

Mermaid Marla

MerMarla,
Any meetup sounds awesome! Id love to swim with other mers!

Echinacea
09-26-2013, 09:55 AM
Marissa, where are you in Massachusetts?

Mermaid Lyra
09-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Marissa, where are you in Massachusetts?

Up by Nashua NH in a town called pepperell

Echinacea
09-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Ah, then you and MerMarla are practically neighbors! :)

Viatrix
09-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Hello everyone! My current permanent home is in Groton, MA, though I am currently living at school near New Bedford. I am rather shocked by the fact that some of you are so close to my hometown (as close as the next town over).

I am just starting out on the site and IRL so it is nice to meet you all and it's good know that I am not alone in this interest!

Echinacea
09-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Welcome to MerNetwork! Always glad to see new faces!

PearlieMae
09-30-2013, 03:24 PM
...I am just starting out on the site and IRL so it is nice to meet you all and it's good know that I am not alone in this interest!

I know, it's surprising, right? We are everywhere! Welcome!

MerMarla
09-30-2013, 08:16 PM

Hi MarissaAlice, I am, indeed, in Pepperell! Wow a Mer in my town! Woo Hoo! Our ranch is on 1400 feet of the Nissitissit River, abutting our land. I would love to get in contact with you! So cool!

PM me and I will get you an address and phone number should you want to visit! Woo Hoo!

Viatrix, Welcome to our Mass Pod! We all could get together up at my gym in NH, they have great pools, two indoor, two outdoor (I think the outdoor one's are closed for the season now, but not sure). Swimming in monofins or tails is not a problem! WOW I am impressed there are two more Mer's close to me! Same holds true for you, just PM me if you want to get in touch!

Mermaid Marla

SINicallyTwisted
09-30-2013, 11:48 PM

I live in Lowell, MA but Nashua, NH is only a 15min drive from me plus I also work in Manchester, NH ;)

SINicallyTwisted
10-01-2013, 12:12 AM
Hi and welcome new mers! I pop in and out of here quite a bit so sometimes it takes me a while to respond but I am trying to keep on that as best as I can. :$

I attend many conventions and events and (after mooooonths of discussions) I just agreed to join a pirate group here in New England called The New England Brethren of Pirates. I've known the owner for years and appeared with his group a few times to help them out sooooo yeah it was just a matter of time that I made it official. Anyways they do many conventions and events for different charities, so I just made my busy schedule even more busier! Eep! LOL (I work on artwork & costumes and my day job is working at a comic book store.)

Marla, my work schedule changed a bit until December so weekends work best for me but I may also be able to swing a week day if needed. ;)

Viatrix
10-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I will sadly be busy and without transportation until the semester ends but during winter break it would be neat to meet some of you (particularly my neighbors in Pepperell since you are less than 10 minutes from my home). I am also planning on going to Boston comicon this coming year so perhaps I will get the opportunity to meet some you then!

SINicallyTwisted
10-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Just wanted to swing by and introduce everyone to my new pirate family, well I say new because I just now joined up with them even though I've known them for quite a while but anyways they're really great people and they do lots of awesome charities such as what Brandon (Captain Jack) mentioned.

At Boston Comic Con in August, they raised money to help one of the victims from the Boston Marathon Bombings with his medical expenses! \m/ BOSTON STRONG! \m/

So yeah here's my pirate family and if you see them at events swing by and say hi! Gotta run for now! I actually have to work on a mermaid costume for this group so they can officially announce me as a member.

*EDIT - Apparently Brandon didn't want to wait until the costume was finished so he's announced me already. Also my hubby and son want to join the group so now I have to come up with 2 more costumes for them.

FYI - My name in the group will be Nightshade Red! XD

And if anyone is interested here is their fb fan page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-Brethren-of-Pirates/142316032551941

http://youtu.be/vSW7dMq0sQA

SINicallyTwisted
10-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Is anyone going to Rhode Island Comic Con or Supermegafest in November?

Melody Lustig
10-29-2013, 07:58 PM
anyone from NYC here?

Echinacea
10-30-2013, 09:31 AM
I think Rose Lanai is in NYC, or close by, and Pearlie Mae is in NJ. I believe there are several mers who get together at Coney Island. Try checking the member map, that may give some more names. Welcome to MerNetwork! :)

Seraphina Suds
11-02-2013, 09:39 PM
anyone from NYC here?
Lanai is from the city. I'm in Orange County, and there are a few other mers further upstate as well.

OrcaMatt
11-03-2013, 01:07 AM
anyone from NYC here?I'm relatively nearby in lower Connecticut. Sasha is in NYC but I don't know if she's still around here, per se (Come to think of it, I think I remember her actually leaving).

Donovan
12-01-2013, 08:48 PM
:) I'm a Rhode Islander living on the border between RI and MA. Been bouncing between the two for most of my life.

Echinacea
12-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Hi Donovan, and welcome! :)

mermaid_nixie
12-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Oh gosh it's been forever since I've checked on this thread haha

babsannee
02-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Bump!
I'm currently in boston. we should do a meet up

Echinacea
02-10-2014, 01:38 PM
How long are you in Boston for, Pearl Bae?

SINicallyTwisted
02-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Hope everyone stays safe and warm with all this crazy snow! :group hug:

therobopirate
07-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Hi Everyone-

New to the network and to mermaid-ing. I haven't bought a tail yet, but am planning on it soon. I am from Rockland, MA- south of Boston. I went to college in Lowell, but spend most of my time on the South Shore. Anyone close to the South Shore?

Echinacea
07-28-2014, 05:17 PM
I'm in Pocasset, on the Cape, usually one weekend a month during the summer/fall. I also belong to a pool in Marlborough which has a nice outdoor pool and I am always glad to have other mers come swim with me. There is a $15 admission charge, but it is good all day, so you can leave for a bit and come back later and swim some more, if it gets too crowded.

Mermaid Meredith
01-24-2015, 06:02 PM
I live in the North Dartmouth/New Bedford area but I usually go swimming in Westport beaches. <3

SINicallyTwisted
01-27-2015, 12:53 PM
EveryMer stay safe in this Blizzard of 2015! Apparently our car is now an igloo...

07-20-2015, 09:38 PM
Hi everyone. Is there any mers in western Massachusetts that lives near me and would love to be able to teach me everything that I need to know about being a professional merfairy and have a meet and great with me before summer is over?
Because I live in Adams but I'm originally from North Adams Massachusetts and me and my fiancé don't have a car right now to be able to go to these meet and greets and the mermaid parade in New York so that's why I haven't been able to go to any of them yet.
If you can do what I said above I can try to have some gas money for you and you will just have to let me know a head of time so that I can have the money put aside for you and be ready in time before you get here.
If you can help me out with everything that I said above please leave me a comment as soon as you can and I'm always available to chat on Facebook messenger if you wanna chat about it there also.
Update On 11/25/15
I have been talking to Susan Gardner on Facebook and we are going to try to plan a meet and great at my local YMCA in North Adams Massachusetts in the winter when it is cold because the lady there said that they allow flippers there and they don't see a problem with tails there.
I still have to call them to see if I can have the pool closed off so that it could be private and so that we can have anyone that is interested in going since they won't be able to NC-Merfest 2016 because they either don't have the money for tickets to go or hotel stay or money for the flight there and back seeing how that's how it is for me because I can't go.
My merfriend in New York named Mermaid Mandi is thinking of going if the lady at the YMCA will let us have the pool to ourselves for anyone that lives near me or is interested in going as soon as I know when it is and what time it's going to be.
If anyone is interested in going to the meet and great at my local YMCA please let me know as soon as you can below so that I can ask them if I can or not and how much do I need to have the pool to ourselves for the day so that I know how many are interested in going.
:D:):D:):D:)