PDA

View Full Version : Can't get my tail on?

seagirls626
01-17-2013, 04:58 AM
Hey everyone! So, I recently got a Fish Butts half silicone half neoprene tail. The problem is, It's REALLY hard to get on! It takes me 10-15 minutes. I can't even get my feet completely into the foot pockets. Is there an easier way to get it on? Please help!

AniaR
01-17-2013, 08:44 AM
roll it all the way down to the foot pockets. Tie ribbon (softer than string) to each foot pocket. Put all natural lotion on your feet, do them one at a time, put your foot in the pocket as far as you can and then pull the the ribbon as hard as you can and the back of the foot pocket should come up around your heel. Then repeat. Silicone tails can be tricky to get on, it's totally normal to take a while at first, you'll get faster as you get used to it. It used to take me just as long now I can do it in a minute.

seagirls626
01-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Thanks Raina! I have a Finis wave monofin, so I don't think I need to do the ribbon thing. The only problem is that I'm afraid that the silicone will break when I roll it down! It's also very hard to roll it down with neoprene lining. I'll try though.

Thalassa
01-17-2013, 09:34 AM
My Fish Butt is latex/neoprene with a Finis wave. It takes me at least 15 minutes to get into it, because I can't reach in very well and get the monofin heels around my own heel. They always get caught under my foot, and there's just not enough wiggle room to get them out! The wave has some handy loops where you can grab to pull on them, but in a few days I'd pulled to hard and they snapped. It definitely helps to put lotion on your feet or at least spray them with water. Raina's string/ribbon trick worked, although my pull ties now keep getting tangled and knotted inside my tail...I also invested in a large plastic crochet hook which sometimes helps me pull it on. After that, I just lay on my back and roll the tail up. But yeah, it's perfectly normal for it to take a while and be very difficult the first few times.

AniaR
01-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Yeah, this is one of those things that is just an issue with the majority of tails, lol. If we want something form fitting, it's not big enough for both our legs and an arm reaching down for our feet. lol

Gem Stone
01-17-2013, 11:52 AM
I always make sure I do one foot at a time, but that second foot can be a pain sometimes. since I made my own monofin for my tail from her, I don't have any straps to tie a ribbon to. the more I wear it, however, the easier it gets. it now only takes me about three minutes