PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Fancy RAFFLING PREMIUM TAIL!!!

Morticia Mermaid
01-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Ok, we decided we couldn't wait any longer (impatient like that when we get excited). Plus we have quite a few people interested.

Shadow Fancy is going to be holding a raffle for a Premium Tail.

Tickets go on sale January 26th, along with our tail sale.
Tickets are 1 for $10 or 3 for $25
Only 200 tickets will be sold, and all must be sold before we will draw the winner
The winner will be drawn February 28th, unless all 200 have not yet been sold
The tail can be customized by the winner, 3 colors of paint and their choice of our 3 options of monofins (keeping in mind Oceanikas are out of stock until at least the end of February)
Shipping will be covered by us at Shadow Fancy (YES FREE SHIPPING!!!)

Tickets go on sale at 12:01AM on January 26th, and can be bought from our website HERE (http://shadowfancy.wix.com/shadowfancy)
The winning ticket number will be announced on our facebook page HERE (https://www.facebook.com/ShadowFantasyCreations)

We think this is going to be a great opportunity for everyone. And it provides a chance for someone to get a tail at a steal of a deal! Imagine, you could potentially get a Premium Tail (which is our painted NEOPRENE tail) for as little as $10. How could you beat that?

28% to minimum to draw for winner!
:Tickets list so far:
Natalie the Mermaid- 1, 2, 3
Email starting with annies (If this is you, please contact me with your name :) )- 4
Kristina (Facebook)- 5
Aino Revontuletar- 6, 7, 8
Mermaid Harmony- 9, 10, 11
Traci- 12, 13, 14

Mermaid Harmony
01-18-2013, 06:51 PM
I'm in.

Ashe
01-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Very cool! I can't wait to see who the winner is :) Good luck everyone!

Mermaid Dottie
01-18-2013, 07:23 PM
0.0! This would be a perfect way to get my husband in the water....
Or possibly get a tail for someone else.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

-Annwyn-
01-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Sounds like a fun idea!

Zelly
01-18-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm gonna do it. I still need my first tail. :crossing fingers:

spottedcatfish
01-19-2013, 03:19 AM
I can't wait. Is there a purchasing ticket limit?

Mermaid Bella
01-19-2013, 05:57 AM
is it available to everyone or just mers in the same country? i only ask as shipping to Australia is super expensive heh heh....

Morticia Mermaid
01-19-2013, 11:50 AM
No limit on how many tickets you can buy. And you can buy from anywhere in the world and we will ship it :) Just remember ticket prices are in USD

Morticia Mermaid
01-22-2013, 12:46 PM
For everyone who is interested in the raffle, could you please go to our facebook page. We posted a question to see just how many people are planning on participating in the sale AND the raffle. We are trying to see if 200 tickets is a reachable number of tickets to sell. We REALLY want to be able to sell ALL the tickets before we do the drawing for the winner. So if you could just indicate that you're planning on buying a ticket, that would be great!

Question (https://www.facebook.com/questions/470671929659401/)

Mermaid Melusinah
01-23-2013, 01:33 PM
JUST A REMINDER THIS IS STARTING IN JUST 3 DAYS!!!

Also, Don't miss out on the AMAZING sale that is coming up! But be aware that we want to offer the BEST service to others that can be given so slots for the sale ARE LIMITED and could fill up FAST! Don't miss out!!!!

drucilla
01-23-2013, 11:50 PM
I'm soo in I need my first tail

drucilla
01-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Never mind

Mermaid Melusinah
01-26-2013, 05:21 PM
ITS HERE!! ITS HERE!! ITS FINALLY HERE!!!

The raffle and tail sale have begun!!

Get the chance to win a tail for literally FRACTIONS of the cost!! DONT MISS OUT! ALL 200 tickets have to be sold to make this possible! So pass it along!

BUY TICKETS HERE (http://shadowfancy.wix.com/shadowfancy)

PLEASE SHARE AND LIKE THE FACEBOOK! (https://www.facebook.com/ShadowFantasyCreations) When we reach 250 fans, we are having a giveaway!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/602946_472398169486777_1601581704_n.jpg

Sammi Ray
01-27-2013, 02:44 AM
OooOOOoooOooo :-) this is awesome!

Mermaid Melusinah
01-31-2013, 07:23 PM
Posts often get lost, so I wanted to re-remind everyone! Seriously come check this out! It's a great chance to win an incredible tail for a little as $10! Only 200 tickets being sold! NO LIMIT to how many tickets one person can buy... so you can spend $10 or $100 if you want! The more tickets you buy, the better your chances to win!! either way, you could win a tail that otherwise would sell for $500!! SERIOUSLY DONT MISS THIS CHANCE!!!! (link to buy tickets is in a few posts above this one) YES THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL RAFFLE! So all you world wide mers, you are more then welcome to buy tickets too! Winner will get their tale shipped WHERE EVER they are!

And please, share/Like the page, get the word out. (mer page, personal page, both, we dont care :D ) We really are trying to build a fan page but its hard. All you mers that like the page will get likes in return of course.

https://www.facebook.com/ShadowFantasyCreations

Mermaid Melusinah
02-01-2013, 01:19 PM
"So, I wasn't going to announce this. We were only planning on telling people as a surprise when they bought a raffle ticket, but I think everyone should know!

I said previously that EVERYONE would get a "Thank you" of sorts for buying a raffle ticket. Well, here's the in depth info on that.

Say you buy 1 ticket for $10. If your number doesn't get drawn as the winning ticket, you will receive a 1 (ONE) use coupon code for $10 off any order! If you were to buy another ticket, you would get an additional $10 off.

Same thing goes for if you buy the set of 3 tickets for $25. If none of your numbers are drawn, you will receive a 1 (ONE) use coupon code for $25 off any order!

These coupons ALSO apply on top of sales! So our 13% off sale on tails, take off the 13%, then take an additional $10 (or $25, depending on your coupon). They do not expire, but they are SINGLE use only! So get them while you can, 'cause we only have 190 tickets left!"

~ Mermaid Lexia

https://www.facebook.com/ShadowFantasyCreations

BUY TICKETS HERE (http://shadowfancy.wix.com/shadowfancy)

Mermaid Melusinah
02-26-2013, 05:55 PM
JUST A BUMP! THIS IS STILL GOING ON!! We really want to get these tickets sold out!! this is a great opportunity to get a SUPER deal!! Dont let it swim away!!!

Morticia Mermaid
02-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Just wanted to throw up a reminder that We still have a LOT of raffle tickets left. I also wanted to throw up some technical information so that everyone can understand the extent of the value of the tail being raffled. We would VERY much like to sell ALL 200 tickets, but are willing to sell a minimum of 75 to be able to have the drawing.

The tail is going to be made of C, D, or L grade 2mm neoprene. Each of these grades of neoprene are graded specifically for diving wetsuits. The most commonly used grade I have seen lately is K grade, which is actually meant for medical supports.

The tail will be Airbrush painted with Createx paints with up to 3 colors. Color design is completely customizable, and so is the shape of the fluke.

Winner will have a choice of Finis Wave, Finis Rapid, And Mahina (Oceanika) Merfin. Shape of the monofin can be customized as well.

The winner will be chosen using random.org. Results will be videoed and screen shot to prevent any potential "cheating" accusations.

MerEmma
02-27-2013, 12:25 PM
I'd like to enter but I'm not sure if my mum will let me. I totally think this raffle is really cool and I understand needing to sell that many so you don't lose too much money over it.

Morticia Mermaid
02-27-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm already prepared to potentially lose money on this, but if we could sell 75, that would be enough to cover costs of materials and shipping. I'd love to be able to have the drawing in time for the winner to get their tail by summer (northern hemisphere). And I do plan on having another later this year before the southern hemisphere's summer. If I can sell at least 50 tickets, I am thinking about having a giveaway or 2 for a free ticket. But, I've got to sell 50 first

MerEmma
02-27-2013, 01:36 PM
I totally understand. Hopefully you can!

Mermaid Melusinah
03-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Friendly morning bump on this thread! Also, Swim over to the Facebook page and check out the latest stuff! Just got lots of new things in AND a great tail is in the works! Morticia began painting it last night! Go on! you know you're curious!!!

http://www.facebook.com/ShadowFantasyCreations

Mermaid Harmony
03-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Just bought my 3 tickets. :-) Fingers crossed because extra tails are always grand, and I have a fun idea for one as well :-)

Morticia Mermaid
03-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Just bought my 3 tickets. :-) Fingers crossed because extra tails are always grand, and I have a fun idea for one as well :-)

No such thing as too many tails. I'll send you your numbers once I get home from the office :)

Mermaid Melusinah
03-01-2013, 07:02 PM

Also, dont forget! You can buy as MANY as you want! No limit per mer!

And there is a note a little further above. Everyone is a winner!!

Aino Revontuletar
03-01-2013, 08:08 PM
I bought my tickets a while ago. I'm hoping to win the tail for my best friend so she can have a tail too and we can go swimming when I finish mine!

Mermaid Harmony
03-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Darlings, you don't have to tell me you can't have too many tails...I've got plans...;-)

Morticia Mermaid
03-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Just wanted to give an update! We are 22% away from our minimum number of tickets required to draw the winner. To get more tickets to sell, I'll be making fliers to hang locally in hopes that we can reach at least the minimum sooner!

On another note~ I am currently in the process of testing something that could make the winning tail even more amazing! Imagine, have a custom design painted on your tail and thinking "man, I wish I could have scales on this too"... Well, with what I am currently testing, that will more than likely be possible. Imagine seeing the custom paint design, then changing the angle slightly and seeing the shimmering shapes of scales over the whole tail! Scales on a painted tail, seems almost impossible, but I have figured out how!!

WavyMermaidy
03-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Haven't checked into MN for a while, but I saw this and and couldn't resist....3 tickets just bought by me!!!

Morticia Mermaid
03-08-2013, 12:16 AM
Haven't checked into MN for a while, but I saw this and and couldn't resist....3 tickets just bought by me!!!

Thanks Wavy! You've put us one step closer to being able to draw for the winner (we are now 28% away from our minimum!). I just sent you an email to the one linked to your paypal with your raffle numbers :) We'll be announcing when we will be doing the drawing on our facebook page, we will also be announcing the winner there and also contacting them by the email connected to their paypal :)

If anyone has an email different than the one connected to their paypal that they would prefer I contact should you win, or with your coupon if you don't, please email and let me know. I am keep records of who has what ticket numbers, emails, and names :)

Mermaid Harmony
03-08-2013, 12:20 AM
I didn't receive an email with my ticket numbers, it's through Mermaidharmony@gmail.com thanks! :-D

Morticia Mermaid
03-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Woops. Sorry Harmony! I had the email all set up but it never sent. I'm resending it now!

Morticia Mermaid
03-08-2013, 08:57 AM
If anyone else hasn't received an email with their ticket numbers, please send me a message with the email linked to your paypal and I will resend them to the email and in a message here as well. Also be sure to check your spam file, some emails will automatically flag something as spam if its from someone not on your contacts list.

Mermaid Melusinah
03-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Oh hey look! Its a raffle that is STILL going on and an amazing opportunity! Dont forget YOUR tickets before they all get swept away faster then ocean's waves!!!

Morticia Mermaid
03-15-2013, 12:56 PM
We are up to 34% of minimum tickets sold!

Mermaid Melusinah
03-22-2013, 02:00 PM
reposting for you all!

http://mernetwork.com/index/images/icons/icon4.png Shadow Fancy RAFFLING PREMIUM TAIL!!!

Ok, we decided we couldn't wait any longer (impatient like that when we get excited). Plus we have quite a few people interested.

http://mernetwork.com/index/attachment.php?attachmentid=9079&d=1358549113

Shadow Fancy is going to be holding a raffle for a Premium Tail.

Tickets go on sale January 26th, along with our tail sale.
Tickets are 1 for $10 or 3 for $25
Only 200 tickets will be sold, and all must be sold before we will draw the winner
The winner will be drawn February 28th, unless all 200 have not yet been sold
The tail can be customized by the winner, 3 colors of paint and their choice of our 3 options of monofins (keeping in mind Oceanikas are out of stock until at least the end of February)
Shipping will be covered by us at Shadow Fancy (YES FREE SHIPPING!!!)

Tickets ON SALE NOW!!!, and can be bought from our website HERE (http://shadowfancy.wix.com/shadowfancy)
The winning ticket number will be announced on our facebook page HERE (https://www.facebook.com/ShadowFantasyCreations)

We think this is going to be a great opportunity for everyone. And it provides a chance for someone to get a tail at a steal of a deal! Imagine, you could potentially get a Premium Tail (which is our painted NEOPRENE tail) for as little as $10. How could you beat that?

28% to minimum to draw for winner!
:Tickets list so far:
Natalie the Mermaid- 1, 2, 3
Email starting with annies (If this is you, please contact me with your name :) )- 4
Kristina (Facebook)- 5
Aino Revontuletar- 6, 7, 8
Mermaid Harmony- 9, 10, 11
Traci- 12, 13, 14

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/602946_472398169486777_1601581704_n.jpg

Say you buy 1 ticket for $10. If your number doesn't get drawn as the winning ticket, you will receive a 1 (ONE) use coupon code for $10 off any order! If you were to buy another ticket, you would get an additional $10 off.

Same thing goes for if you buy the set of 3 tickets for $25. If none of your numbers are drawn, you will receive a 1 (ONE) use coupon code for $25 off any order!

These coupons ALSO apply on top of sales! So our 13% off sale on tails, take off the 13%, then take an additional $10 (or $25, depending on your coupon). They do not expire, but they are SINGLE use only!

Morticia Mermaid
04-02-2013, 10:33 AM
I just posted some news on the page, and wanted to share it word for word here on MN-

"Morning everyone! I hope your days are going well so far. I have a bit of news, potentially sad or bad. I have been discussing the Raffle with Melu. More importantly, we have been discussing whether to continue it or just cancel it and refund everyone who bought tickets. Since we started the raffle, we have only sold 17 tickets. Which is a seriously far amount from the minimum we would need to sell in order to even be able to make the tail, as the money paid for the tickets was to cover the cost of materials and shipping.
We are still currently discussing it at this point. And we will let you know what our decision will be. If anyone has any input, we would be more than happy to hear it."

Kanti
04-03-2013, 11:57 AM
We need to start a gif war in here. Then people will REALLY notice it! xD

Morticia Mermaid
04-03-2013, 12:06 PM
True. I figured my ticket prices would have people jumping all over them xD I know we need to sell a minimum of 50 (to cover costs to make and ship it), and right now we've only sold 17. So yeah, we have a really long way to go. And I'm kinda sad, it's been 2 months and we've only sold that many >.<

Kanti
04-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Yea I hear you :/
The problem I think with it is mostly that people don't feel rushed to buy a ticket since there's no deadline. Mine is that way too, we did great for the first 10 days then everything just came to a halt. Everyone who wanted one already bought and those who didn't decide they won't at the moment because there's no deadline.

Morticia Mermaid
04-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Yeah. I've been playing with the idea of setting the deadline for the same time the sale ends

Kanti
04-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Yea, I mean Kickstarter says an end date is important because then people don't just blow it off and forget beacuse there was a long deadline, it sort of makes you want to act now. But I dunno, I wanted to do a deadline but I didn't get any feedback about an actual date, instead people told me I should just leave it up until it was finished.
So I'm not sure but maybe people will come back and buy more tickets later when they have more money? I had wanted to buy a few since they're so cheap but I haven't exactly been buying much lately since I'm trying to get the silicone tails done xD But if the raffle is still here when Im done I'd totally take a stab at it!
Hmm so you know, I actually prefer you just leave it here.
You got some orders anyway didn't you?

Morticia Mermaid
04-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I did. I've got 2 I am working on now, and 2 pending- 1 for this month, one for next :)

Kanti
04-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Then that's awesome!
Are you going to show progress on em? O:

Morticia Mermaid
04-04-2013, 11:04 AM
^_^ Yeah. I've actually been showing progress regularly on the facebook page. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to start posting progress here too, with client's permission of course

Kanti
04-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Bleh I need to bother your facebook page more.
I actually thought I had liked it and I apparently didn't xD

Morticia Mermaid
04-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Lol. No worries :)

Morticia Mermaid
01-07-2014, 06:03 PM
I've been receiving messages regarding this. The raffle was canceled last fall due to lack of interest and all funds were returned. If you purchased a ticket and have not received your refund then please message me via facebook.

People have done enough damage to my name. I ask that people kindly stop attempting to further slander my name by accusing me of cheating people of their money, specially when they had no involvement in the raffle, or any longer have contact with me other than stalking my facebook pages. Thanks!

Jessica
01-07-2014, 07:26 PM
I've been receiving messages regarding this. The raffle was canceled last fall due to lack of interest and all funds were returned. If you purchased a ticket and have not received your refund then please message me via facebook.

People have done enough damage to my name. I ask that people kindly stop attempting to further slander my name by accusing me of cheating people of their money, specially when they had no involvement in the raffle, or any longer have contact with me other than stalking my facebook pages. Thanks!

No one on here has slandered your name. Simply asking what happened with your raffle is not slander, nor was it intended to be. To the best of my knowledge, no one has accused you of cheating people out of their money on here either.

However, I think it is important to point out that you cannot expect people on here to be aware that you cancelled your raffle and returned the funds since you never posted this information in this thread. Therefore, it's only natural to assume that people would see your new fundraiser and wonder what happened with your last promotion.

Morticia Mermaid
01-07-2014, 07:53 PM
Jessica, I would have GLADLY updated the thread had my ability to edit my posts not been turned off. And as I have already been forced off this site, I did not feel that it would have mattered as my words would have been twisted and I would have been called a liar. As I have been called such before.

And yes, my name has been slandered by people on this site, which is why I left last summer in the first place.

Jessica
01-07-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel welcome here....I didn't realize that anyone left because they didn't feel welcome. :( I was just wondering what had happened to you, your raffle and your business. I'm glad that the outcome of the raffle is cleared up now. Your tails are beautiful and I wish you the best of luck. :) (silicone is so much fun to work with!)

Morticia Mermaid
01-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Thank you. It's been different, and long process. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to making things. I'm on month 2 of the fluke sculpt. Business has been great, have been getting a surprising number of orders (gotten 2 since the first of the year). Between orders and events, I've been keeping busy.

Winged Mermaid
01-07-2014, 10:38 PM
I would have GLADLY updated the thread had my ability to edit my posts not been turned off. And as I have already been forced off this site, I did not feel that it would have mattered as my words would have been twisted and I would have been called a liar. As I have been called such before.

You lost your ability to edit posts becuase you overused it frequently, and mostly in disagreements. Multiple posts would be edited immediately after one another to remove your text- such as the 12 posts that you edited and put in "." on this thread (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?3533-Sad-sad-day-today/page4). It's stated in the rules that different privileges such as that can be revoked if they are abused. You're not the only one- there's a whole subgroup for it in the control panel. You updated this thread plenty of times before by posting a new response, so there is no reason that you could not have done that to update people on the matter of your cancelled raffle.

I'm sorry you don't feel welcome, but I never forced you off of the site. I never banned you - hence you being able to post. As I recall you created another forum and said you would no longer be posting on this forum but on that one instead, and proceeded to invite members here to the new forum as well. Which is fine with me! I even gave Kanti my blessings to post a thread on her new site, and she declined. Which I understand too- since the other forum is members only, and it was her decision to make.

As for the alleged slander, everyone can still see that whole thing in the drama thread, so they can read for themselves (in fact I think it's still the last thing in that thread so you don't even have to hunt for the conversation). That debate was nearly a year ago, the rest of us have moved on.

That all out of the way, I want to wish you the best in your silicone tail making ventures! Once you have made 3 or more silicone tails for at least 3 different paying clients (orders must be completed and clients must have received their tails to count), let me know and I will be happy to list you on the tailmakers page!

AniaR
01-07-2014, 10:40 PM
Yah Morticia :) No hate from us. Just keep doing your thing!!!

Morticia Mermaid
01-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Iona, I HAVE made more than 3 tails FOR customers, All were made last spring. And it was at that time that I was removed from the list in the first place. I'd LOVE to provide pictures of them, but I cannot force my customers to provide pictures of them in their tails.

As for leaving, it was the best thing I've done. I am just getting tired of messages from people about things happening here. I left because people, specifically admins, refused to listen to me. I was insulted, and essentially called stupid. People claim this is a supportive community and say that they insist on hearing both sides of the story, and looking into things before making accusations, yet when I pointed things out I suddenly lost all right to a "fair trial".

Also, regarding the crap last spring, I LOVE how that was suddenly brought up the DAY that I posted publicly that I was leaving my job to make tails full time (just saying). Doesn't matter how far you stay from drama things, seems you always get dragged in.

:) So yes, the raffle WAS canceled, and it WAS canceled due to lack of interest. Thanks for the support about going into silicone tails, though part of me refuses to believe it's heartfelt (nothing personal, just haven't gotten much support at all from half the people on the forum)

Elle
01-07-2014, 11:14 PM
chill pills for everybody

Winged Mermaid
01-07-2014, 11:18 PM
At the time you were removed from the list becuase you hadn't had customers- if your remember you asked me to be listed and I made an exception months beforehand to list you without fulfilling the requirements; because you contacted me and said you hadn't gotten customers without the listing and were worried for your business. I removed you months later becuase other tailmakers wanted to be listed prior to them completing our requirements as well. I even tried to send you multiple messages about removing you and telling you to let me know when you completed the requirements. You never did let me know so I couldn't have known (I can't keep up with everyone). The rule is that if the tailmaker makes other kinds of tails, they must make the 3 required out of the most expensive tail you offer. So, if you sell neoprene, spandex, and silicone for example, you must have completed 3 silicone tails. (I previously had this discussion with MerNation and others so I wanted to sort out any confusion.)

I never called you stupid. I don't think anyone ever did. I frequently remember you saying people were calling you stupid in threads when no one ever did, and all of the conversation was there to see that no one called you stupid. I'm sorry you felt that way, but that's a self image issue- not my issue to deal with. As for everything else, as I said everything is still there in the drama thread for people to read. I don't wish to rehash any of it.

But I will leave you with something that I said then, in the drama thread, and will still say again now- I'm glad for the success of anyone in the community, whether I agree with them on a personal level or not. Mermaiding is bigger than -me-, it's bigger than -you-, but we all make it up together, and so I will always be glad for things that drive it forward into a positive light. I really do wish you all the best :thumbs-up:

AniaR
01-07-2014, 11:34 PM
Well said :)
It was well over a year ago. Most people on the forum have no clue about any of it. No sense digging it all out. I can see you still have some resentment and hurt, but it's been a year and no one has said anything against you in that time, and nothing really went on in the drama thread after that either. It's when posts like these happen that people go and dig it all out again. I think this is actually the 3rd or 4th time someone has asked about the raffle on the forum in the past 6 months. It just happened to be the first time you replied about it. I think someone had actually said exactly what you already said, previously. But I couldn't find the thread to repost. No one's attacking you or calling you stupid. Good on you for returning the money if the raffle didn't happen. Maybe it was a bit ambitious for your time, but you never know, something like that might work now! The finfolk one that just happened was a huge success. Maybe attach your raffle to the next con? Just a thought :)

Good luck Morticia!