PDA

View Full Version : WISH THERE WAS A THREAD FOR CAREER OPPORTUNITIES..

SeaGlass Siren
01-24-2013, 10:58 AM
however for now i will post here that Ripley's aquarium downtown Toronto, Canada is hiring.

If you know of anyone that resides in or around or near Toronto, spread this along!

http://www.ripleyaquariums.com/canada/employment-opportunities/

EDIT: also, if you or anyone wants to post any job openings outside of mermaiding (because lets face it, its expensive) please post here! ;)

AniaR
01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
there's the classifieds section, and also a thread for mers to hire :p but I think you just started a good thread for jobs right here!

SeaGlass Siren
01-24-2013, 12:25 PM
jobs aside from mermaiding, yes ;) awesome raina lol

Anyone taking marketing/sales, or studying event planning, above link for youu~~

drucilla
01-29-2013, 09:52 AM
It must be awesome to work for ripley's

SeaGlass Siren
01-29-2013, 10:00 AM
i would imagine. correct me if i'm wrong, but i think there are a few mers here that work for ripleys doing performances..

drucilla
01-29-2013, 10:12 AM
I've heard of it but I've never seen it in person. I was commenting that it must be nice to have that opportunity.

SeaGlass Siren
01-29-2013, 10:16 AM
i'm dying to go see *o* you and i are on the same boat lol

unfortunately i dont think this aquarium does any of that. it's more conservatory work.. >_>; i hope they do though, i mean atm they're just hiring directors and managers.

drucilla
01-29-2013, 10:30 AM
I don't think there's one where I live. If they start hiring mermaids you should go for it!

SeaGlass Siren
01-29-2013, 11:36 AM
I don't think there's one where I live. If they start hiring mermaids you should go for it!

oh i'm not pro yet .__. so far i'm only good as a "dry mer." can't even open my eyes and unplug my nose underwater.

Taniira
01-29-2013, 02:42 PM
There's a Ripley's Aquarium a couple of hours from me (Myrtle Beach). It looks like at that one they only have mermaids on weekends. I'll have to keep an eye out if they start hiring, as it's only a 2 hour drive for me so totally doable for weekends (assuming the pay is enough to cover a night in a hotel).

They're the same company as Ripley's Believe it or Not, if that helps anyone at all.

SeaGlass Siren
03-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Female Mermaid needed for a 40th birthday bash in Toronto (June 2013***)!

The birthday party is for a man turning 40. It will be a family garden birthday party so there will be kids present and all participants' wives will be present.

They were looking for a bit of dinner entertainment and casual pool swimming with the guests.

You will be paid obviously~~

If you're interested, please contactNatalia Tomasini-Zeppieri for details.
https://www.facebook.com/natalia.tomasinizeppieri

I was going to take the job offer.. but my tail seams broke :| so i am without a tail. and i know it'll take months for a new tail to come in, and i feel really bad about rejecting the offer. so i'm posting the offer here.

Spindrift
03-10-2013, 09:54 PM
2014? You won't have a new tail before next year? What happened to it?

SeaGlass Siren
03-11-2013, 11:34 AM
whoops, i mean 2013** editing haha

SeaGlass Siren
03-11-2013, 11:35 AM
2014? You won't have a new tail before next year? What happened to it?

i still wont have a new tail by then because i'm using the money for my wedding instead.

as for how my tail broke... i got fatter 8'[