PDA

View Full Version : Sea Dragon costume

MermaidRaegan
01-25-2013, 12:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMBpMuLiEJw

I found this while looking up dragon cosplays on youtube with my mertender and thought it was pretty cool. I like the tail part, but I can't help but wonder how hard it is to swim in that head peice. I feel like it would be really hard to see/breath.

MerEmma
01-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Oh my gosh. No. Words. That is so weird, but so cool.

Ashe
01-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Oh yeah! Someone had showed this to me earlier and I forgot to make a thread :P It's so awesome! But, look like it could be a bit dangerous... don't you think?

SeaGlass Siren
01-25-2013, 04:26 PM
wow that's pretty amazing.. that part when he opened his mouth reminded me of this part of phantom of the opera..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PxEvj_tvGQ

skip to 5:19. I think with the sea dragon that head piece has two parts in which the bottom part is attached or adhered ..or "glued" to the jaw. but i could be wrong.

Rain
01-25-2013, 06:25 PM
People say that it looks sort of dangerous and such, but that's the same thing others say about everyone here using mermaid tails. XD The roles are reversed lol.

Blondie
01-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Now if he wore that in Loch Ness....

MermaidRaegan
01-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Yeah, but I still feel like it would be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. I'm sure this person is careful and probably practices and doesn't swim alone, just like we do with our tails.

Blondie, I think we just found perfect Nessie bait. Or the makings of a wonderful prank.

spottedcatfish
01-27-2013, 12:53 AM
I think what makes it so dangerous isn't the tail, but the head. Having anything covering your mouth and nose underwater, that isn't made for swimming or diving is dangerous. I'm hoping this suit is made or can be modified for better swimming.

MerAnthony
02-23-2013, 09:57 AM
I looks like in the head piece is a mask but the mouth is open. It just looks to cumbersome for me. The tail looks nice but in my option the head piece and the shirt has to go.

Kanti
02-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Badass!
I honestly think making anything waterproof makes it automatically 20% cooler

Moongazer
02-25-2013, 09:32 PM
The head looks like a base from http://dreamvisioncreations.deviantart.com/art/Resin-Masks-we-offer-348597732 . They are pretty famous in the 'fursuiting' side of things.

Anyways, anything can be dangerous if you don't take certain precautions. This person looks like they have a spotter following as well as a camera person. And having worn a fursuit head, the moment they open that mouth, all the water would leave so they would be able to breathe. The only thing I see being an issue is the eyesight but they did a pretty good job of not running into anyone and taking breaks in the shallows.

Echidna
04-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Nice one!
I'm a big seaserpent and waterdragon fan.
If the tail could be a tad longer...the head a bit more realistic-looking :D

I know a tailmaker who is planning a "shark"-model for boys.
Now, skimming in a shark suit with a fin strapped to your back might have some unpleasant consequences, I imagine :P