PDA

View Full Version : Underwater waitress job in LA

AniaR
01-25-2013, 07:03 PM
So I've been emailing back and forth with a potential client. I decided I'm not up for what they're looking for- despite them being very willing to pay for travel etc. I got their permission to share the info for anyone who might be interested. This is not an endorsement by any means, just a job opportunity I'm posting and you'll have to be the judge. You'll probably read it and figure out right away why it's not for me, but it might be for you ;) You can tell em either way that you got the info from Raina :)

This is just info quoted from our emails, I removed some of our back and forth etc.

I'm currently developing a fully funded, unique nightclub project in LA. We are in the preliminary stages of identifying potential talent to staff this club. The concept is a lavish, Las Vegas-style themed club called "DEEP"!! which will cater to an upscale affluent clientele. Don't worry if you reside outside of LA, if you have the skills we are looking for, I anticipate being authorized to bring in talent from outside LA for shorter engagements. We have budgeted an obscene amount for travel and lodging to bring in ladies who have the skills!

The focal point of the space will be a massive 20 foot deep, clear water tank in the middle of the club which will contain chests of beer in customized refrigeration units at the bottom. The idea will be for people to order beers from their "waitress" and then watch the "waitress" dive for their beers. The waitresses must be excellent swimmers (obviously) and be able to hold their breath for these very deep dives. This will pay VERY well when the nightclub opens.

To clarify, the word "waitress" is something of a misnomer. The beer divers are more like performers and will only be responsible for diving down for beers. They will be paired with a civilian, non-diving waiter or waitress who will deliver food, bring checks, and run credit cards and handle all other aspects of the service experience etc. More like a show biz gig than actual waitressing. We intend to make "rock stars" out of our beer divers (calendars, press coverage, the works!) We are looking for pretty, athletic women of all shapes and sizes. This will be great exposure for your modeling or acting career along with a great opportunity to make a boatload of ca$h! It helps if you are a natural show-off and LOVE to be the center of attention too!

You must be at least 18 years of age and willing and able to "swim for your supper." Is this something you might be interested in? Or - do you know anyone else who could do it? Nightclub anticipated to be completed by May '13. Tryouts to be held soon after, summer '13. Details to follow. RD

---

At this point, we are certainly not looking for any type of commitment. Given the unusual physical and aquatic skills we are looking for, we are going to need girls year-round and we can accommodate short term schedules (such as working over a long weekend or over a break in your schedule etc.
OK - you are going to LOVE this!

So here's where the rubber meets the road :) For this role, the main prerequisite would be extremely good swimming, diving and breath holding ability. It sounds like you have a lot of confidence in your swimming background, but can you elaborate on your underwater skills as they would apply to this specific stunt?

The top of the tank will have a platform from which the "waitress" can dive into the water (to take advantage of the extra momentum that will generate). It will be exactly 20 feet from the top of the waterline to the top of the customized beer cooler. The girls must perform a 20 foot free dive barefoot (without fins and holding your breath) open the right color-coded storage unit, retrieve a beer, re-close the storage unit and then swim back to the surface. Really, it's 40 feet roundtrip but you will be able to push hard off the bottom once you close the customized cooler, which will help. But still, it's a pretty long ascent when you're pretty oxygen depleted and you'll need to kick pretty hard to get back to the surface with no help from fins. A 20 foot dive is fairly deep and the water pressure will begin to get a little heavy at that depth so you will probably need to be able to equalize your ears. So, why so deep and why barefoot? Well first, the name of the club is "Deep" (so obviously that creates certain expectations in the eyes of the customers). Of course, the deeper the dive, the more dramatic it appears visually. Of course it also looks better barefoot which also adds to the challenge. Do you think you can dive that deep barefoot? We are actually looking for the dive to take longer rather than shorter. I know that's counter-intuitive, but the high-end customer will want to watch his diver for as long as possible and that's why no flippers. The design folks also think that bare feet will look better with some of the costumes they are considering. Finally, there is a general thought that allowing flippers would make the dive too easy (as in "no big deal - anybody can do that"). You need the level of WOW in there if your going to expect people to pay for it. The strength needed to do it, and the lung capacity to get down there, get the right beer, and head back up, is what they're paying for. To pay much higher fees, there needs to be a wow factor, and the difficulty and depth is that. I don't want to make this sound too hard either. For a really strong swimmer, the dive is challenging, but extremely doable (just not one an average swimmer can pull off).

We do expect that the tryouts will be rigorous. It's next to impossible to find a pool that is deep enough. Diving wells can go about 17 feet but it's important to make sure the ladies can go the full 20 feet.When the time comes, we will invite you in and ask you to wear your bathing suit under your clothes. We will conduct a brief interview and then you will be asked to disrobe to your bathing suit and execute the dive probably twice (with a 10 minute rest).The girls will be allowed to wear goggles for better vision, but no other equipment (i.e. flippers or breathing apparatus). The deep dive must be completed barefoot and unassisted (i.e. with only the air you can hold in your lungs). We've been planning an incentive for the tryout which will probably be as simple as putting a $100 bill inside an empty beer bottle filled with sand and placing it at the bottom of the tank. The girls who can dive down and retrieve it keep the money and get the job (or something like that) :)

We will also probably time the girls to see how long they can hold their breath. Do you know off hand how long you can hold your breath?

We obviously expect to have to pay our underwater waitresses very well b/c the work is so physically challenging. Don't worry - we "get" that part. The precise details of the compensation package have not been finalized yet but we will be working on putting something together over the next few weeks. We are talking about various packages (guarantees, tips, per dive bonuses etc.) When it all shakes out, I can bet that it will be quite profitable work for the candidates who have the right aquatic skills. $1,500 - $2,000 a night is realistic and we can go over how we get to that estimate. We'll can chat more about the specifics if you feel you have the right aquatic skills.

Can't wait to hear back from you! RD

---

Thanks Raina - you wouldn't necessarily have to be fast, as long as you can hold your breath for a long time. It's more about the sensuality than speed. Deginitely put it out to your mermaid community. There's bound to be some great swimmers in that community. RD

So yeah, you wouldn't be in a mermaid tail. Just someone who can hold their breath for a while and be strong swimmers. Again, not endorsing it, not really my thing, but letting you know. Heh the emails I get!

You can contact this guy at rob77deep@aol.com

Ashe
01-25-2013, 07:20 PM
Wow, that is pretty good sounding pay (at least for a teen)! I'd be able to buy a full silicone tail from Merbella's with added fins in two nights! :D I'm able to go 15 feet easy, I've never been in a pool deeper than that so I can't wait to try!

Melanie
01-25-2013, 07:23 PM
I feel like I remember hearing about this exact thing over a year ago?

But yeah no tail no dice for me haha. That's a shame because that' right when I would be back in California.

halesloveswhales
01-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Interesting! Going that deep isn't really a problem, but doing it multiple times per night sounds like it could work you really hard! I'm interested to see how this nightclub pans out!

Mermaid Lorelei
01-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Huh. I really like the sound of this actually. I'm not sure with my asthma whether or not I'd be able to do it though... and the fact that I live in Oklahoma.

Dacora
01-25-2013, 07:47 PM
Dude, that is like a dream job, swimming for beer and get paid for it.
Well its time to start practicing my dive.
;D If I can find a pool that deep.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Ayla of Duluth
01-25-2013, 07:48 PM
If I could equalize my ears, I would love to do that. Swimming without a tail seems like a bit of a bummer, especially since it would add to the sensual look or whatever they're going for, and you could certainly take your time on the way down and back if being in a fin is too fast. But that sounds like a fun easy job with massive pay. If only my ears weren't so wimpy. :(

MerEmma
01-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Wow, that sounds...really cool. Like, super cool. I'd probably totally be interested when I was older if they had mermaids do it, but for that pay it probably wouldn't even matter. Thanks for sharing! Wow.

Gem Stone
01-25-2013, 07:52 PM
I could easily make the dive (I once dove down twenty two feet three times back to back to find an object I dropped) but sadly I'm not old enough. drat! oh well, good luck to anyone who decides to try!

Blondie
01-25-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm very interested in this. Personally, I swim better without my tail (Although that's because I haven't practiced in it much yet xD)

Raina, you said they'll pay for travel? No matter where you are?

AniaR
01-25-2013, 09:20 PM
Wow, that is pretty good sounding pay (at least for a teen)! I'd be able to buy a full silicone tail from Merbella's with added fins in two nights! :D I'm able to go 15 feet easy, I've never been in a pool deeper than that so I can't wait to try!

You have to be of age, because it's a bar ;)

Raina, you said they'll pay for travel? No matter where you are?
He was willing to fly me from Canada and that's expensive, accommodations, and pay me on top of all that. But I'm not a great swimmer without a monofin, and honestly I have some big contracts coming up that ARE mermaid things so I don't want to commit. I basically don't think I can do what he's asking. He seems legit and like a nice guy, I left out parts of our conversation, but I did tell him I'd share this here and send people his way!

He did say they have a big budget for travel expenses.

AniaR
01-25-2013, 09:23 PM
I DO think though, that this is simply a bar that caters to the underwater fetish. That's the impression I got, and I forwarded it to some people from the fetish community and they agree. They don't say the word "fetish" but you can sorta tell from the description and the pay. So be weary if that's not your thing. Ask lots of questions. I'm not endorsing it just sharing :p

Blondie
01-25-2013, 09:28 PM
Neato! I'm going to shoot him an email right now!

MerEmma
01-25-2013, 09:40 PM
Let us know how it goes. :)

Spindrift
01-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Sounds fun. I have no idea how deep I can dive though. 20 doesn't sound too bad :|

Ashe
01-25-2013, 10:08 PM
You have to be of age, because it's a bar ;)

Hehe, I know, and anyways working at a bar isn't my thing even if I was of age :P

Good luck, Blondie!

AniaR
01-25-2013, 11:11 PM
Yah go for it Blondie! :) make some mon-eh gurl :D

Usagi
01-25-2013, 11:33 PM
When I started reading this, my first thought was, "Does LA mean Los Angeles or Louisiana?" Haha if only I were a better swimmer... -sigh-

Mermaid Annariea
01-26-2013, 01:03 AM
i cant equalize my ears T-T plus, no tail would be sad. mermaid tails would make it SO MUCH COOLER.
but i would like to see videos or something of this! that sounds so cool.

Lotus
01-26-2013, 01:25 AM
this is a scam guys. I'll write more about it later.

Blondie
01-26-2013, 01:55 AM
Just sent him an email. The big factor for me I think is just getting to the other coast. But the money looks far too delicious to turn down :eyebrows:

spottedcatfish
01-26-2013, 03:13 AM
Hmm I'd be wary of this job post. I know that I am not able to do this, but I still want to point out a few points that seemed odd to me. I find it odd that you can't have any fins or a tail, which would be more realistic, going down to that depth. They are asking you to dive down multiple times, who knows how long of a break you'd get in between each dive, not to mention each dive throughout the night can be tiring, and will increase the rate of exhaustion. This can lead to even more dangers, like blackouts, drowning and death.

I wonder if there will be a safety system or a lifeguard watching the swimmers? If there is no air at the bottom, and you have to open and close a beer chest, this will use more energy that you will need to get back up to the surface. I seems to me that the only people who may be qualified for this type of work would be skilled freedivers, and even then, those who dive with no fins. Otherwise, there should be more requirements for this position, such as SCUBA certified, air provided at the bottom, and fins or tails should be allowed. The criteria of those who apply, will be athletic and very strong swimmers with free diving experience, and are SCUBA certified. Lastly, I hope that this bar has enough insurance to cover this idea that they have to keep the bar from closing if anything dramatic ever happens to a swimmer in that tank.

Blondie
01-26-2013, 03:22 AM
this is a scam guys. I'll write more about it later.
Uh oh...

Mermaid Harmony
01-26-2013, 03:54 AM
so...what happened? Scam, not scam? I think it sounds legit, but your ears would KILL by the end of the night, I might be down if it is legit, need to train some more for sure, but I'm only in Hawaii, so that's a small leap over a little pond section.

leeloo
01-26-2013, 04:42 AM
Sounds cool, but something about it seems a little fishy...$1500 - $2000 a night seems ridiculous. It would be awesome, but it doesn't seem realistic to pay someone that much...I mean how much are they going to charge for beers in that place? I don't know though, if they aren't asking you for money or personal information it may be legit, but I'd like to hear more info from Lotus. I agree that a mermaid tail would make it even more beautiful/serene/etc, and would be a bit safer too. Speed of course could always be adjusted. But I guess mermaids probably don't fit into this "fetish" or whatever it is. I don't even really understand what the fetish is supposed to be...people diving deep? I just don't get it...

Rain
01-26-2013, 05:32 AM
But I guess mermaids probably don't fit into this "fetish" or whatever it is. I don't even really understand what the fetish is supposed to be...people diving deep? I just don't get it...

Lol, I know what you mean. There are some fetishes that just don't make sense to me either. There's a recent fetish for women shaving their heads bald. o.o That is one I will never understand.

Spindrift
01-26-2013, 11:00 AM
@Rain: Sometimes I can see the bald head thing going for some people. Like Miss Tanzania 2007. That girl is gorgeous! Also her legs are so amazing. But the actual fetish I have no idea of anything about that.

AniaR
01-26-2013, 11:28 AM
well he never contacted me because of mermaid stuff, he contacted me because he found my online modelling portfolio and it has underwater photos and talks about my swimming ability. So... I don't think it's fishy because it's NOT a mermaid thing. As for the pay, in LA... for people who can fit the job, there's actually nothing too strange about it. That would be a typical price for a middle of the ladder runway model. I didn't include ALL our communication, just want felt pertinent to the community.

I am weary of this stuff though, I tried googling parts of the emails, his address and everything, but nothing came up scam wise that I could find. Typically if it's a scam- especially one that targets performers/models they tell you about "fees" right up front, or workshop costs etc.

In the end, it's not really something I'm interested in or think I can do. I can't endorse it or vouch for the person, I don't know if it's a scam or not, just my two cents.

Melanie
01-26-2013, 10:14 PM
I remember a discussion occurring on this EXACT idea on meryuku at least a year and a half ago. That's what makes me wary.

Blondie
01-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Well I've gotten no reply back so... It is the weekend though

AniaR
01-26-2013, 10:53 PM
we did have a discussion on mer yuku (mernetwork has been around almost 2 years now) about model mayhem scams in general I remember, usually ones that ask people to pay $$.

Melanie
01-26-2013, 11:52 PM
Gosh I guess it has been a while. I have no concept of time anymore haha. I mostly just read anyway I never really posted.

But I remember SPECIFICALLY this because we were all discussing how cold the water would have to be to keep the beer chilled. Coolers were not mentioned at that time.

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
01-27-2013, 12:57 AM
Um, guys, I think you mean "wary"... "wary" means "Feeling or showing caution about possible dangers or problems: 'dogs are often wary of strangers'" while "weary" means "Feeling or showing tiredness, esp. as a result of excessive exertion or lack of sleep."

I think "wary" comes from the same root word as "warden" or "ward" or "beware," while "weary" has "wear" in it, like "wear me down" or "worn out" etc.

BlueMermaid
01-27-2013, 09:14 AM
I got this email a year or so ago. No way I could do it, so I told him I want interested, but I did post it here. (or yuku, cant remember which) The money sounds like way too much, which is a major red flag in my book. Also the fact that hes been emailing this for years. They may have gotten delayed in getting it going and are just now getting things going again, or it may be some guy with a fetish trying to get videos. lol Just know that I was contacted about this exact same thing a long time ago, be smart and safe if u you do anything.

AniaR
01-27-2013, 12:22 PM
but I AM weary. Like all the time! lol, but yes, I meant wary. LOL

Lotus
01-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Here's the thing girls- I started emailing him way back when the post went up on MerYuku. He said they were really close to getting plans underway, but it never seemed to happen. His emails were very long and kind of rambled, and at one point his language started getting a little inappropriate... things like he could just imagine how sexy I must be, and he can't wait to see how long I can HOLD MY BREATH. He also went into great detail about what he thought it must be like to be "so desperate for air"
I'm not saying there's no chance at all that this isn't legit. What I am saying is that after all the little red flags that went up in my head while talking with this guy, and then the whole breath holding fetish, I'm REALLY WARY.

AniaR
01-27-2013, 07:34 PM
yup. Like I said, I got the distinct impression it's a fetish catering bar

Blondie
01-27-2013, 09:18 PM
It's interesting, I sent him an email saying I got the email he sent Raina. I asked him a few questions of my own, but he basically copy and pasted the email he sent Raina.

I said this.

Hi there!

My name is Kiersten. I was given your email from a friend, Raina, who had contacted me about your diving waitress job at your club Deep. First of all, I can't begin to tell you how clever of an idea that is to have waitresses dive for beers. People will absolutely love that entertainment. I'm very interested in this opportunity, but let me tell you a little bit about myself!

I am nineteen, a college student at a local school, and I am a lifeguard at a waterpark. I've been a lifeguard for three years now, this coming summer will be my fourth. Although, after doing the lifeguarding gig for three years, I'm looking for something more entertaining to do. And this opportunity just sounds perfect. But I am certified in CPR/AED, First Aid Skills, and Lifesaving Skills. I absolutely love working in the water. I currently reside in Jacksonville, Florida. I've grown up on the beaches so swimming is a second nature to me. I'm apart of Raina's mermaid community. I do own my own tail for preforming and having fun, but I completely understand that's not what you're looking for.

I do however, have some questions for you. First of all, how often would I have to be in LA to work here? My summer is pretty free if I get the chance to work here and I decide to resign from lifeguarding. You said you can accommodate to short schedules. What I'm foreseeing right now is working the whole summer, with some breaks to come home and be with the family. What I'm getting at really is how often would one have to be there? Also, you said that you would be able to accommodate to traveling? Which is probably the biggest concern for me since I live on the other coast. Would you be willing to fly a Floridian to LA?

Is there any sort of insurance that protects the waitresses? Just in case something goes wrong? Also, what will the waitresses be wearing? Will it just be any old swimsuit or a certain uniform swimsuit? Will they be bikinis or one pieces? I don't have modesty issues, I'm just curious, that's all!

I think that's all I have to ask you off the top of my head. If you're interested in me, I'd love to send you some pictures or give you my facebook if you need it.

Thanks for your time!

Kiersten

And then he said this....

Hi Kiersten. Yes. given the unique swimming requirements, we are willing to make schedule accomodations and provide travel support. Do you have a model mayhem account or some other link where I can evaluate your look. Don't worry, we are looking for all different physical types so chances are if you are in good enough shape to handle the extreme swimming requirements, I'm sure you look great. This is kind of a standard email I send to girls who express interest to find out more about their underwater abilities since they are crucial to this role.
OK - you are going to LOVE this!

So here's where the rubber meets the road :) For this role, the main prerequisite would be extremely good swimming, diving and breath holding ability. It sounds like you have a lot of confidence in your swimming background, but can you elaborate on your underwater skills as they would apply to this specific stunt?

The top of the tank will have a platform from which the "waitress" can dive into the water (to take advantage of the extra momentum that will generate). It will be exactly 20 feet from the top of the waterline to the top of the customized beer cooler. The girls must perform a 20 foot free dive barefoot (without fins and holding your breath) open the right color-coded storage unit, retrieve a beer, re-close the storage unit and then swim back to the surface. Really, it's 40 feet roundtrip but you will be able to push hard off the bottom once you close the customized cooler, which will help. But still, it's a pretty long ascent when you're pretty oxygen depleted and you'll need to kick pretty hard to get back to the surface with no help from fins. A 20 foot dive is fairly deep and the water pressure will begin to get a little heavy at that depth so you will probably need to be able to equalize your ears. So, why so deep and why barefoot? Well first, the name of the club is "Deep" (so obviously that creates certain expectations in the eyes of the customers). Of course, the deeper the dive, the more dramatic it appears visually. Of course it also looks better barefoot which also adds to the challenge. Do you think you can dive that deep barefoot? We are actually looking for the dive to take longer rather than shorter. I know that's counter-intuitive, but the high-end customer will want to watch his diver for as long as possible and that's why no flippers. The design folks also think that bare feet will look better with some of the costumes they are considering. Finally, there is a general thought that allowing flippers would make the dive too easy (as in "no big deal - anybody can do that"). You need the level of WOW in there if your going to expect people to pay for it. The strength needed to do it, and the lung capacity to get down there, get the right beer, and head back up, is what they're paying for. To pay much higher fees, there needs to be a wow factor, and the difficulty and depth is that. I don't want to make this sound too hard either. For a really strong swimmer, the dive is challenging, but extremely doable (just not one an average swimmer can pull off).

We do expect that the tryouts will be rigorous. It's next to impossible to find a pool that is deep enough. Diving wells can go about 17 feet but it's important to make sure the ladies can go the full 20 feet.When the time comes, we will invite you in and ask you to wear your bathing suit under your clothes. We will conduct a brief interview and then you will be asked to disrobe to your bathing suit and execute the dive probably twice (with a 10 minute rest).The girls will be allowed to wear goggles for better vision, but no other equipment (i.e. flippers or breathing apparatus). The deep dive must be completed barefoot and unassisted (i.e. with only the air you can hold in your lungs). We've been planning an incentive for the tryout which will probably be as simple as putting a $100 bill inside an empty beer bottle filled with sand and placing it at the bottom of the tank. The girls who can dive down and retrieve it keep the money and get the job (or something like that) :)

We will also probably time the girls to see how long they can hold their breath. Do you know off hand how long you can hold your breath?

We obviously expect to have to pay our underwater waitresses very well b/c the work is so physically challenging. Don't worry - we "get" that part. The precise details of the compensation package have not been finalized yet but we will be working on putting something together over the next few weeks. We are talking about various packages (guarantees, tips, per dive bonuses etc.) When it all shakes out, I can bet that it will be quite profitable work for the candidates who have the right aquatic skills. $1,500 - $2,000 a night is realistic and we can go over how we get to that estimate. We'll can chat more about the specifics if you feel you have the right aquatic skills.

Can't wait to hear back from you! RD

So, the main thing that kinda had me wondering was, why didn't he answer my question about the insurance? And I agree with the others, the money does seem a little too good to be true. I all seems kinda vague and from what the others are saying, it seems a little sketchy.

MerEmma
01-28-2013, 09:27 AM
I'm starting to think it's a scam, now.

Taniira
01-28-2013, 10:10 AM
It is kind of fishy that he didn't respond to your email personally instead of sending a blanket email since you already covered some of your swimming background, even if not diving specific. I tried Googling the bar, but "Deep" is just too common a word for much help (though I tried various combination of "Deep bar LA", "Deep LA bar diving", etc). I think it's odd that they don't have a Facebook or Website (that I could find, at least) announcing "Coming Soon!" or "Now Hiring!" or anything, either. You'd think they'd want to create some hype.

I would recommend proceeding with caution. It might not be a scam, but like others have said, there are some things that raise red flags.

Mermaid Danielle
01-30-2013, 11:12 PM
Huh, interesting. I wish I was up to it physically. That type of pay would easily cover student loans...

Blondie
01-31-2013, 02:50 AM
I told him I'm no longer interested. I just don't feel right about it. Sorry guys. :/

drucilla
01-31-2013, 04:21 AM
Um, guys, I think you mean "wary"... "wary" means "Feeling or showing caution about possible dangers or problems: 'dogs are often wary of strangers'" while "weary" means "Feeling or showing tiredness, esp. as a result of excessive exertion or lack of sleep."

I think "wary" comes from the same root word as "warden" or "ward" or "beware," while "weary" has "wear" in it, like "wear me down" or "worn out" etc.
:rotfl:
:clap:

AniaR
01-31-2013, 05:06 PM
well we at least have the thread here for reference if more emails go around!

Zelly
02-02-2013, 11:41 PM
This is crazy. I've never swam deeper than 15-16 feet and I have no where to practice this right now. Dang, I moved out of L.A. too quickly but at that pay, I could totally move back. I'm not that far away.

cheshkitten
07-31-2013, 06:20 PM
Hmm, I would be totally down for this if 1. it wasn't so damn deep and 2. I could mermaid. I live about an hour out so it sounds like it would be fun, too... it's a shame he's approaching it the wrong way if he is legit. I don't even mind the fetish thing, it's all the safety hazards of the depth.

Futhermore, you know how much a freaking 40ft deep pool would be?! What the heck kind of building could hold that kind of weight?

deepblue
07-31-2013, 06:37 PM
The first red flag for me was the unprofessional manner in which the guy comes across. Maybe it's my HR background, but he does not communicate like a professional.

Usually, in Los Angeles esp (unless I have the LA wrong, and you mean Louisiana?), a fetish project/job will come right out and say it. No reason to hide it, esp in the land of the Hollywood Bondage Ball, Fantasy Fetish Ball, West Coast Fetish Ball, etc. No one needs to surreptitiously advertise for this kind of thing.

And the safety does sound highly suspect.

Because of all this, I wonder what the heck this guy is really up to. No telling.

cheshkitten
07-31-2013, 06:56 PM
The first red flag for me was the unprofessional manner in which the guy comes across. Maybe it's my HR background, but he does not communicate like a professional.

Usually, in Los Angeles esp (unless I have the LA wrong, and you mean Louisiana?), a fetish project/job will come right out and say it. No reason to hide it, esp in the land of the Hollywood Bondage Ball, Fantasy Fetish Ball, West Coast Fetish Ball, etc. No one needs to surreptitiously advertise for this kind of thing.

And the safety does sound highly suspect.

Because of all this, I wonder what the heck this guy is really up to. No telling.
Haha yeah, I think you make a good point. Why not get girls who are into other fetish communities for this and be frank if it is fetish related? That way there's less risk your "waitresses" will be freaked out and run away screaming! :lol:

deepblue
07-31-2013, 07:40 PM
Yep, and believe me there are enough mers and aquaphiles in the fetish world already who'd love a shot at something like that.

Anahita
07-31-2013, 08:46 PM
So here's the thing, I'm positive it's a scam.

I see and get stuff like this ALL THE TIME. I live in LA, and what's even creepier is that I get offers like this in person. A lot of times there's people who have their big ol' projects and they get way ahead of themselves and plan for something that realistically, can never happen...

On the darker side, there's the occasional bit of fetish recruitment. I've witnessed a few people with not only their initial fetish, but with an additional stipulation that they like to have their person who is doing the action that arouses the viewer be a bit unwitting about it (which would explain why it doesn't outright say it's for fetish purposes). Not sure why. In my experience that's a pretty irritating situation to have someone not know what they're doing because they can't do it right, but hey, different strokes for different folks.

On that note, with the whole fetish aspect, it's entirely likely that there is no plan for this actual dive bar at all. What the person who wrote the initial message was probably doing was just trying to get the attention of the reader and have them talk to them about it. The high sum of money and supposed willingness to pay for travel expenses, as well as the responses given lacking detailed information so that you would have to respond more really makes me suspect that this is the case. I also get those kinds of messages all the time. They're irritating because they're time-suckers and inbox fillers.

Kumori Kitsune
07-31-2013, 09:20 PM
This is crazy. I've never swam deeper than 15-16 feet and I have no where to practice this right now. Dang, I moved out of L.A. too quickly but at that pay, I could totally move back. I'm not that far away.

Yeah that really deep most pool only go to 5ft the deepest I swam was 14 and that was hard.

Karmie
08-02-2013, 01:49 AM
Yep scam, got this letter for "DEEP!" in Miami. Yyyyeah. No bueno.

Mermaid Melanie
08-02-2013, 02:42 AM
even if it were real 20ft is only what around 7 meters? thats not too bad if it were 15 meters or something then yeah it'd be difficult for many but 7 meters isnt much depth wise! shame its not real woulda been a cool job ...

Vikerqw3
01-15-2024, 06:19 AM
Hi all! Finding temporary work that suits our capabilities and skill sets can be challenging. But this can be corrected if you use the services of the company Instawork, which provides everyone with the opportunity to find a good, well-paid job with an hourly wage. You can read more about this platform on their website, and if you still have questions about employment, an instawork customer service (https://instawork.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html) employee will be happy to answer them, and you can understand whether such a job is right for you.