PDA

View Full Version : Free eco-friendly glass straws!

AniaR
01-29-2013, 09:10 PM
A company I reviewed for- Glass Dharma, wants to give away 1000 glass straws for free on Earth Day. I got a heads up before they made their public announcement yet, and permission to share info. If you sign up for their newsletter you'll receive info by the end of this week on how to sign up for a free straw and get free straws to others. I own 5 glass straws and they are amazing!

How to get a FREE glass straw for Earth Day 2013? Sign up here --> http://www.glassdharma.com/ccMain.htm

MerEmma
01-29-2013, 09:21 PM
Signed up. I wouldn't mind getting a free glass straw for my birthday (Earth Day) this year, haha! :p Thanks for spreading the word.

Gem Stone
01-30-2013, 12:23 AM
signed up too. MerEmma, you were born on April 22?

malinghi
01-30-2013, 03:35 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I didn't even know there was such a thing as glass straws, though it makes sense.

AniaR
01-30-2013, 07:06 AM
we did an article about them on tail flip, and as a thank you did they a write up on mermaids and me!

Tail flip: http://issuu.com/t_obrecht/docs/tail_flip_issue_3

Article on me and mermaids: http://glassdharma.blogspot.ca/2012/10/mermaid-tales.html

Dacora
01-30-2013, 07:16 AM
Yay!
I broke my last two glass staws. :(
I have been using re usable hard plastic ones. Those seem to be the only ones Dacora proof. XD

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MerEmma
01-30-2013, 08:17 AM
signed up too. MerEmma, you were born on April 22?

Haha, yep! When I was younger I used to introduce myself as "My name is Emma and my birthday is Earth Day!" because I was very proud. That was back when nobody really knew what it was, too. xD

Mermaid Mako
01-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the heads-up! I signed up too ^_^

ShyMer
01-30-2013, 10:45 AM
so cool! signed up:)

Taniira
01-30-2013, 11:18 AM
I have a weird thing for straws so my BF got me a titanium one from ThinkGeek. It's neat as since it's metal, if you have a cold drink it gets cold too. I signed up and am looking forward to adding a glass straw into my collection :)

Merman Ray
01-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Someone is going to break one of those starws right in their mouth and get cut and sue, I guerentee it. For this reason they should have chose some other subsance to make them from.

ShyMer
01-30-2013, 03:04 PM
they're made from pretty tough stuff, same as Pyrex ware. They look fairly thick in proportion to the opening too. I don't have any yet myself, but I feel like you'd have to work really hard to break one in your mouth. I'm not worried.

AniaR
01-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Yay!
I broke my last two glass staws. :(
I have been using re usable hard plastic ones. Those seem to be the only ones Dacora proof

Someone is going to break one of those starws right in their mouth and get cut and sue, I guerentee it. For this reason they should have chose some other subsance to make them from.

The same way other glass products randomly break in your mouth? o_O actually, Glass Dharma straws have a LIFETIME warranty and a guarantee that they will NOT break. I would NEVER endorse something that would hurt someone. They have a 100% clean record- yet they still offer a 100% return. I have dropped my straws dozens of times, they're tough as nails, they're also quite thick. They never scratch, or chip. You drink out of glasses AND you drink out of glass BOTTLES. Both which are typically THINNER than these straws.

They come in a variety of shapes and sizes as well, and are dishwasher safe. They come with a cleaning brush too but I find mine clean perfectly well on their own in the dishwasher.

http://www.glassdharma.com/images/diams1.jpg

Dacora
01-31-2013, 02:01 AM
That is why I got excited Raina. :D The ones I got (from a different company) had cute little Octopuses on them but not made of very strong glass. One I dropped and the other broke while I was putting it in my Mason jar glass. Im glad these are stronger though. I cant wait till Earth day. ^^

ShyMer
01-31-2013, 09:02 AM
That sounds tragic, Dacora. Poor octopus straws :(

AniaR
01-31-2013, 05:05 PM
That is why I got excited Raina. :D The ones I got (from a different company) had cute little Octopuses on them but not made of very strong glass. One I dropped and the other broke while I was putting it in my Mason jar glass. Im glad these are stronger though. I cant wait till Earth day. ^^

LOL so sorry! I had quoted you with the intention of replying specifically to you, but I didn't and went on to the next quote and replied only for that one. My bad >.>

Dacora
01-31-2013, 07:14 PM
Lol its ok Raina. XD

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

AniaR
02-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Copied this over from the GlassDharma FB page, I shared it on my page too:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

1000 Free Glass Straws!
GlassDharma – The Original Glass Straw

(Ft. Bragg, CA) - Feb. 1st, 2013 – GlassDharma will give away 1000 free Glass Straws during the month of April 2013 in celebration of Earth Day. The GlassDharma mission to get more glass straws to beverage sippers is an annual tradition to increase awareness about single use plastics alternatives. This 5th annual Free Glass Straws for Earth Day event will ask participants to consider their part in PlanetCare™ and to be willing to "make a difference". To qualify for your free glass straw, please subscribe to the GlassDharma e-newsletter where details will be forthcoming. Once the details are announced through the newsletter on march 4th, follow the instructions to receive your free glass straw!

Make a Difference
Free Glass Straws for Earth Day Participants will be asked to consider their own power of choice with consideration toward PlanetCare™ and to be willing to "make a difference". Our own purchasing power and inspiring others by example are the ripples that resonate into the communities far and wide. Free Glass Straws will be shipped out of Fort Bragg, Calif. throughout the month starting on April 1st, 2013. This offer is good in the USA and Canada only.

GlassDharma Straws are Durable, Sustainable and Elegant
The GlassDharma Quality Control department ensures the quality of each and every straw. Offering an unprecedented lifetime guarantee, GlassDharma stands behind their product, and promises that if it breaks, it will be repaired or replaced. GlassDharma straws are made from borosilicate glass, the safest and strongest glass commercially available; they are even dishwasher and microwave safe!

Garnish your Glass
GlassDharma straws not only replace their plastic and toxic counterparts, but their beauty and style lend to compliments and conversation.
• Great for all hot or cold drinks
• Perfectly stages specialty drinks – bubble teas, iced drinks, shakes and smoothies
• Beautiful in cocktails – great accessory for stemware and martini glasses
• Concerned about staining your teeth? Use for wine, coffee and teas
• Kid friendly and safe
• Elegance at its best

One for Everyone
GlassDharma straws are available in three collections: Simple Elegance, Beautiful Bend, and the color accented Decorative Dots. Offered in many lengths and widths, GlassDharma straws are available individually or in sets. The accessory line includes cleaning brushes and hemp sleeves for carrying your straws on the go. Custom etching services and store display packaging options are the newest purchase options.

GlassDharma - sip the world. make a difference.

For more information on GlassDharma, please visit www.glassdharma.com (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.glassdharma.com&h=ZAQH2ayia&s=1).
Questions about 1000 Free Glass Straws For Earth Day 2013? Contact: Gail or Cheryl

David Leonhardt, Pres
GlassDharma Head Office
info@glassdharma.com

Gail Johnson, V-Pres.
Partnerships and Promotions
gail@glassdharma.com

Cheryl Newcomb,
Public Relations & Marketing
cn@glassdharma.com

ShyMer
07-02-2013, 06:58 PM
So who got their glass straws?

I just wanted to say that I love mine. My husband and I both got one each. I was surprised at how easily they clean, and they're fun to watch when I'm using them.

I also wanted to say that I accidentally dropped mine onto the street the other day when it fell out of my bag. It didn't break, and there's not even a scuff where it hit the asphalt. These things are amazing! I'd totally buy more in the future.

Mermaid Momo
07-02-2013, 07:03 PM
I got mine! I haven't used it yet because I was afraid if break it, so it's nice to know that they're really tough!

AniaR
07-02-2013, 07:16 PM
I have mine from before, and I love them still! hehe

MerAnthony
07-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Where can I get some?

AniaR
07-02-2013, 10:16 PM
this was a free give away back in April.

MerAnthony
07-03-2013, 07:37 AM
:( dang I missed it.