PDA

View Full Version : First Put Together Mermaid Video!

Moongazer
01-31-2013, 03:11 AM
Let me know what you guys think. I'm still improving my actual swimming techniques but if you can provide pointers or tips I would love to hear them!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4836730109819

EnidDarkWater
01-31-2013, 03:19 AM
Sadly i cant see anything. It says content not found.link maybe broken expired or you don't have permission to view this content:(

Moongazer
01-31-2013, 03:30 AM
Try that link maybe? It's a public page so if the link still doesn't work just click on the Facebook page in the signature and find it on my wall. Hope that helps!

ShyMer
01-31-2013, 09:24 AM
I liked that when you did take breaths during your video, you only spent a moment on the surface and went right back to swimming. What I don't like seeing is sitting on the surface, often with the head out of the water, so we get an odd head chopped off look, but that's just me. I like to see lots of movement in a mermaid swimming vid, and I think you did a pretty good job. it looked like there might have been a couple times when your dolphin kick wasn't as efficient, but I thought overall you looked strong and fluid. that one part where you did a straight dolphin kick past that guy,I totally forgot there were legs in there.

the section where you swam upside down felt a little stiff. were you holding your nose or something?
I like the twisting flipping trick. I can't imagine it's as complicated as others, but I like the effect. I think it helps to disguise the movement of the legs and feet. I think if you could make it as fluid as your dolphin kick, it would look awesome.

Nice job overall :)

Ashe
01-31-2013, 09:30 AM
Pretty footage, I can't wait to see the finished video :)

Spindrift
01-31-2013, 09:40 AM
That was really great! I really like how fast paced the beginning was (the clips) and how it matched the music tempo. You have such a cool tail!

Gem Stone
01-31-2013, 11:30 AM
I really liked it.

Moongazer
01-31-2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks guys! And yeah I agree on the head out of water thing. I didn't know half the time that I was being filmed which is why sometimes it's awkward and other times it works. I agree the upside down swimming is very stiff. I hadn't done it before and I'm still not used to water up my nose, something I'm working on changing. So that will probably be edited out.

It's funny that you mention the dolphin kick past the guy because that's one of the last videos from the last swim and I feel I've really gotten it down. The rest of them are old clips and I cringe a bit at how the swimming differs. There will be some changes to the movie regarding this. Thank you so much for your insights and comments! It makes me very happy!