PDA

View Full Version : In the Works, but GREAT PRO MER IDEA

Mer_Adella
01-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Okay, so I literally stumbled upon this great idea and possible exposure. I was searching google maps to find the closest dive shop in my area. I have always wanted to learn scuba diving, and now with marauding, it seemed the right time and the right thing to do. I opened up a few pages and was scrolling through their information. But one page stood out to me. It read, at the bottom,

:jawdrop:

“If you have comments, questions, concerns, complaints, or want to throw an idea/gimmick at us, send an email or call us!”
YOU’RE KIDDING ME??!!

So, with high hopes, I shot them an email explaining who I was, what I do with a mermaid tail, and what I thought would be a good merger between the two things. I outlined that they would be able to promote that they were the dive shop with a real mermaid for promotional and advertisement purposes. And I received a place to swim and promote myself as a mermaid entertainer for hire.
After an hour and a few minutes of yelling and screaming at my computer and email, something popped up into my inbox. It was the dive shop I emailed!

YES!

They were VERY interested in what I had sent them. Here’s what they wrote:
“Victoria (Mermaid Adella--cute) This was by far the most interesting and fascinating thought that was sent to us. It would an amazing thing to see more children and young adults come to our business to learn how to swim, snorkel, and dive because of our mermaid. As you have found our email, you must have looked at our website. So you know that we have an indoor pool for winter and a private lake for summer. I honestly think it would be awesome to have a summer dive class in the lake and have you peeking out from behind the seaweed and hearing with the students have to say. Are you available to meet at our dive shop for an interview, sharing ideas, and of course, to see you swim?
Thank You,
ZZ underwater”

I thought this was amazing, I took a chance and something might come out of it. I thought this was something that I needed to share since, I didn’t know if anyone tried doing this before.

Nykur
01-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Awesome, hope everything falls into place for you!:)

MerEmma
01-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Sounds amazing! The lake thing sounds so great, too. Hope it all works out! =)

Mermaid Harmony
01-31-2013, 12:36 PM
Yay!! You go girl!

Rain
01-31-2013, 01:30 PM
;D Wow! That is epic!! Tell us all about it when it happens~

Mer_Adella
01-31-2013, 01:46 PM
I wanted to let everyone know bcus this is something that other mermaids could look into and email their nearest scuba places.

Mermaid Pickles
01-31-2013, 01:59 PM
That's actually a good idea. There's a scuba program at a YMCA near me, and there's also one ten miles away where my dad lives. Hrrm, I haven't thought about that. I'll keep it in mind! WHOO. AND GO FOR IT!

Azurin Luna
01-31-2013, 04:15 PM
Good luck, wish they would do something like that here

AniaR
01-31-2013, 04:56 PM
lol I sent stuff to the only shop in town... and they were weirded out. LOL

Mermaid Hamant
01-31-2013, 05:04 PM
That is awesome!!! Now to go look up scuba shops in my area... lol

spottedcatfish
01-31-2013, 07:19 PM
Great idea. There's a few scuba/dive places near me. I'll keep this in mind for the future.

Ashe
01-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Very cool! Congrats ;)

Mermaid Allie
01-31-2013, 10:06 PM
Whoa thats so awesome!!!!

Mermaid Pickles
01-31-2013, 10:25 PM
I think I'm gonna find a dive shop in my area and ask if they'll do that. You have inspired me~.

Mizuko
01-31-2013, 10:28 PM
Thats wonderful!! :D Congratulations!! Let us know how it all goes when you visit them! :D

Mermaid Pickles
01-31-2013, 10:36 PM
And I found one down where my dad lives, and apparently they're a good one, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about asking them about whether they'd like a mermaid to come and help them advertise.....Any suggestions, or do I just ask it plain and simple?

Blondie
02-01-2013, 12:00 AM
Fan-damn-tastic girl!!! Congrats!!! You went out on a limb and got yourself a gig! That is AWESOME!

Mermaid Summer
02-01-2013, 12:38 AM
That is awesome! I know I can't wait for my tail so I can go to the aquarium downtown to ask them. Congrats!!!!

Mer_Adella
02-01-2013, 09:03 AM
And I found one down where my dad lives, and apparently they're a good one, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about asking them about whether they'd like a mermaid to come and help them advertise.....Any suggestions, or do I just ask it plain and simple?

All I did was contact them through their website. If they have their email readily accessable, use that. If they have a “contact us” form, you can use that too.
I told them:
-who I was
-what I do
-how working together could be beneficial for both parties
-thanked them and gave my email incase they had questions or wanted details
I will make a “form” for you guys to use (or change as you see fit) Remember you don’t have to use my way. But If you do, I would like to know that I helped in some way. So post your success stories if possible on this thread. I sorta get a KICK out of helping others J
Form:
Sub: Mermaid Gimmick?
Hello my name is ______ I also go by Mermaid______
I am a mermaid entertainer. I have a fully functional mermaid tail that I swim with. I was curious if you ever thought of having a mermaid at your scuba shop to not only draw business to yourself, but also to swim around and keep your divers entertained. Why would you need a mermaid? You could use it in advertisements as you being the only dive shop in the area that actually has a “real” mermaid. What’s in it for me? A place to swim and a way for me to get more customers that would like a mermaid for their event. Please email me at ________ if you have any questions or would like more details.
Thank you very much

Mermaid Pickles
02-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Thanks! You guys are great! Going to email them and see what happens by lunch break. I'm really nervous, but the worst that could possibly happen is them emailing me back and say "No."

Mermaid Danielle
02-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Wow! What a great idea! I'm definitely going to do this! That would be awesome! Congrats on such a great idea and opportunity! And thanks for sharing!

Sea Pearl
02-01-2013, 08:39 PM
That's awesome Adella! It sounds very interesting idea and I hope it all works out for you.

Aino Revontuletar
02-01-2013, 08:54 PM
This is awesome, I am totally going to try this once I finally make my tail!!!

Mermaid Margarete
02-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Congrats!! I hope it all works out for you!! Very exciting, indeed!!