PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a good Festival/Gathering in Michigan?

Mer_Adella
02-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Ok,
I live in Michigan...so far I have seen the Tall Ships in Bay City, MidMichigan Ren Festival in Vessar, and Michigan Ren Festival in Holly all for 2013.

These are the only events listed for fairs that would possibly hold Mermaids. I can't find any ComicCons or any other event. And I have been looking for a good 3 months with new listings always popping up.

Does anyone have any ideas about where else I should look? What events might have mermaids? Or any other suggestions?

I am seriously considering picking a town, talking with a park/pool area and sending out invitations to other mermaids in michigan to hold our own event. What does other mermaids think about that? Would you come if we got permission? Would you come if we could peddle our products and hand out our business cards?

Mermaid Danielle
02-04-2013, 11:23 AM
I would totally be in on it!

As for the festivals and such... i'm not really sure, but I'll let you know if I come across anything!

Mer_Adella
02-05-2013, 11:14 AM
there is a pirate festival. Grand Haven I think.

Disfusional
02-05-2013, 03:43 PM
There was a comic-con type of even this past summer at the suburban show case I believe... I could be mistaken. I'll hunt further into the matter and get back to you.

MermaidNerenia
02-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Mighigan is close enough to me that I could travel if it was a weekend I was off work and it wasn't near the top like near Canada.

Mermaid Caspiana
03-02-2013, 01:49 AM
It would be really cool if u had the meeting at like Toledo, Ohio. You could also look for renaissance festivals. ;)