PDA

View Full Version : mermaids r us?

Mermaid Avalon
02-10-2013, 03:34 PM
has anyone purchased or heard of this company?

Rain
02-10-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't know about anyone else here, but I've never heard of them.

MerEmma
02-10-2013, 04:15 PM
I have. You can find them on the Buying Tails page (I've memorized that page, lol!). I've never purchased but I'm very confident it would be a good purchase.

AniaR
02-10-2013, 07:03 PM
I have the owner as a friend on FB, she makes a lot of the weeki wachi tails, and repairs a lot of tails by other tail makers.

Arella
02-10-2013, 09:50 PM
I've heard of them but I've don't know much about their products

Gem Stone
02-11-2013, 12:07 AM
I was actually looking at them for one of my tails, but decided to try someone else. they make tails for weeki wachee and that's about all I know

AniaR
02-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Some photos then!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/305273_461185197248373_1832909766_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/548172_439086346124925_397397353_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/545521_437543779612515_1106447512_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/392950_436254539741439_116003577_n.jpg
^ the owner of mermaid minerals

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534472_436252546408305_2130299772_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/18985_206658872808945_180616497_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/37083_186019198206246_1375058271_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/408725_166297843511715_1397282247_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/376419_125240657617434_764521880_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/556534_121554731319360_4030661_n.jpg

spottedcatfish
02-11-2013, 12:58 AM
Pretty. I'm curious as to why hardly anyone has a tail from them, besides the mermaid performers at Weeki Watchi?

Mermaid Avalon
02-25-2013, 11:18 PM
thanks so much for the photos! i ordered 2 weeks ago and so far she is keeping in touch decently. I was reading that she is Kylee Mermaid's mom! Cool! I also ordered a top. I am so very excited to receive it....waiting is very difficult!!!!! I am also wondering why no one else seems to know much about them..hopefully I will have a positive review to post soon!

MerEmma
02-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Can't wait! =D

Mermaid Pickles
03-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Ordering a tail from them today! SO HAPPY!

Gem Stone
07-25-2013, 07:14 PM
I'll be ordering a tail from them probably this winter.

Sumatra
07-26-2013, 10:47 AM
I ordered a tail from them last week. They list their tails on Ebay occasionally. I feel more secure ordering through Ebay because of Ebay's buyer protection policy. I was already scammed of a few hundred dollars by another tailmaker, so I have to be extremely careful now when I invest money in something. :(
I can't wait to receive my Mermaids R Us tail!

Mermaid Crimson
10-24-2013, 03:53 AM
I can't wait to here what you all have to say about your purchase from Mermaids R Us. Currently, I'm looking at purchasing through her as well, as hers are the most affordable that I have found yet! I had to message her a few questions, as her website confused me just a little bit, but luckily, I'm in no rush because I will be saving money through this holiday and by the time December has ended I'll be ordering a basic silicone tail. It will be my first one, so I'm really excited!!!

Best wishes for all of those who have order theirs!

MerEmma
10-24-2013, 08:59 AM
I'd read up a bit on it before you order so you know what you're getting into! Use the search bar for it as we've had a few mets recently with bad experiences. :/

Mermaid Crimson
10-24-2013, 10:48 AM
I'd read up a bit on it before you order so you know what you're getting into! Use the search bar for it as we've had a few mets recently with bad experiences. :/

Yeah, I'm learning how useful this site has been for the research. So I will definitely look more into it! Thanks a bunch!!!

MerEmma
10-24-2013, 11:29 AM
I know! Almost every answer you could ever want is on here somewhere. :D

Seatan
10-24-2013, 02:35 PM
I didn't even know they made silicone tails, but I would be careful when buying a silicone tail. No matter what it's a big investment and you will likely get what you pay for. Most popular tail makers run at at least fifteen hundred to two thousands. Ones that are less proven sometimes offer lower or at cost, but the more experience people have, the more money tails tend to cost. So with price comes experience, which can sometimes relate to quality. It might be better to save a little longer for a tail guaranteed to be everything you want.

Mermaid Crimson
10-24-2013, 02:54 PM
I didn't even know they made silicone tails, but I would be careful when buying a silicone tail. No matter what it's a big investment and you will likely get what you pay for. Most popular tail makers run at at least fifteen hundred to two thousands. Ones that are less proven sometimes offer lower or at cost, but the more experience people have, the more money tails tend to cost. So with price comes experience, which can sometimes relate to quality. It might be better to save a little longer for a tail guaranteed to be everything you want.

Yeah, I know exactly where you're coming from.

For the record, these tales are used for professional performances, so I would assume hopefully, that the tails are at least good quality in some form. I've read stuff about Mertailor for example that some of the scales would scrape off or they wouldn't fit, things like that.

I will say this thus far, I have contacted the owner of Mermaids R Us for some further questions, she also takes payment plans, you can pay into a tail you're trying to afford until it is completely paid off. Which works for someone like me, because I can save a little at a time, and keep track of that. She was very nice to speak to, and was quick to respond to my question and even gave me her number if I wanted to speak to her further via text or call. So she seems very easy to work with.

I'm not fully sure where to go yet, as I am still researching, but so far she seems like a good first step for a first time tail purchaser like me. Her basic tails are about 500 dollars and look all right in pictures and I found one video of a customer opening a tail, but alas still no full review as of yet. I shall be a fiend on her facebook, and keep track of more of my findings!!! Hopefully some more reviews will be out.

But I'm on the same page as you, the price is good, but lower price sometimes means lower quality.

Jessica
10-24-2013, 02:54 PM
I can't wait to here what you all have to say about your purchase from Mermaids R Us. Currently, I'm looking at purchasing through her as well, as hers are the most affordable that I have found yet! I had to message her a few questions, as her website confused me just a little bit, but luckily, I'm in no rush because I will be saving money through this holiday and by the time December has ended I'll be ordering a basic silicone tail. It will be my first one, so I'm really excited!!!

Best wishes for all of those who have order theirs!

Seavanna is right...you really do get what you pay for. You should read about waikiki mermaid's experience: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?5908-Tail-Falling-Apart&highlight=Waikiki+mermaid

Merman Arion
10-24-2013, 03:44 PM
Honestly, i have a bad feeling about this. :(
Since i read that thread (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?6433-*Sigh*-Mermaidsrus-Again), i REALLY hope for all of you who just ordered the tails to have everything you wanted.

*fins crossed* :thumbs-up:

Mermaid Crimson
10-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Seavanna is right...you really do get what you pay for. You should read about waikiki mermaid's experience: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?5908-Tail-Falling-Apart&highlight=Waikiki+mermaid

Eeek. That just sounds awful.

Gosh, I wonder if a place like this or Merberry is even worth it. Merberry is my first choice, but apparently they are also having some problems. I'll have to look on the other forums for that. Cause goodness...it's too much money to risk and have that as a result.

MerEmma
10-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Merberry has had some issues delivering on time lately and such. It's really sad. =\

deepblue
10-24-2013, 04:40 PM
It really seems that some tailmakers are jumping the gun- getting started without having taken the time to really get their process down and understanding the kind of time and overhead they'll have to work with, or taking orders when they should be capping them.

AniaR
10-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Agreed with deep blue
And everyone and their dog seems to be either selling or raffling off a tail before even swimming in a tail, fully testing it, or even making one before.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Firemaid
10-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Agreed with deep blue
And everyone and their dog seems to be either selling or raffling off a tail before even swimming in a tail, fully testing it, or even making one before.

Not EVERYONE Raina!
At Sirenella we carefully crafted our art form before accepting anyones dollars.
We built out a studio, made and swam in several tails, and gave away a free tail!

So many tailmakers put the cart before the horse.

I'd like to think we are different. ;)

AniaR
10-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Sorry it wasn't intended as an attack I know you and merdiva studios are each doing raffles. But so are a bunch of others. I've seen at least two who have been collecting money for almost a year and yet to produce anything.

Mermaid Oshun
10-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Merdivas is not raffling anything. Yulia's tail is actually being given away with zero funds collected. I might add at a great financial expense.

PearlieMae
10-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Hahaha! If a dog makes a tail, will it wag? ;)

I'm just making my tail for me...commercial tailmaking? Don't righty know just yet.

AniaR
10-25-2013, 05:34 PM
Merdivas is not raffling anything. Yulia's tail is actually being given away with zero funds collected. I might add at a great financial expense.

Sorry, for some reason I thought it was a raffle.

MermaidsRus did a raffle at/around merpalooza and I never heard a thing from it, did anyone else?

Jessica
10-25-2013, 05:38 PM
What about the shadow fancy raffle? Didn't kanti have a raffle or something too? I don't remember ever seeing what happened with either of those....

MerEmma
10-25-2013, 05:44 PM
Kanti's raffle got paused right at the halfway mark, and she said she would figure out what to do with it pretty soon. I asked her about it. As for the Shadow Fancy raffle, not a clue.

AniaR
10-25-2013, 06:03 PM
I think people will always jump the gun because they see there is a market and money to be made. it's just frustrating because it's the clients who suffer. I love Jesse to death, and the tail we got from him was one of the very FIRST he ever made. So I knew there would be issues here and there, but I can't rely on it as much as if it were one of his new ones because he worked out many of those issues as he went. And when people ask me about it I have to say, this one was one of the first so you can't really compare. Same with my merbellas. It was THE first silicone and she's come so far too. At least in both cases of Jesse and Raven, they both swam in tails before, made several, and had a lot of the process down. you would not even believe how many potential tail makers email me because they're planning on selling tails and want to offer me a discount or something, only to find they've not only NEVER made a tail, some have NEVER EVEN SWAM IN A TAIL.

Winged Mermaid
10-25-2013, 06:37 PM
I actually haven't heard anything good concerning Merberry in the past year. Everyone I run across on Instagram, FB, and through other mermaids have nothing good to say about them or the products they received. One mermaid in Vancouver showed me her tail (on web cam) after the first time she wore it (dry photoshoot, but with her fluke in some shallow water) and the paint had just come right off and there was so much damage. If I were looking for a tail myself, I'd avoid them.

The raffle thing is a concern. I mean, you can't just take money from people then not do anything :/ Unless you refund all the money to everyone, that's scamming. I only express my concern cause I've seen that happen in other communities. People do a raffle and then just pocket the money :( Hopefully they'll either do the raffle or refund money. The last I heard about the Shadow Fancy Raffle was in May (it started in January).

Merley
10-25-2013, 10:06 PM
I'd also like to mention since I posted the thread linked by Arion that I did try to swim in my tail twice. Once in a pool and again in the ocean with our pod in Hawai'i and it was UNSWIMMABLE. She made it too short in the back, so it's hard to swim as it is, but then the monofin she used is worthless. It's massive (I think it's sized for men, I have 3 inches of space in the back of my heels/ankles and blisters for trying to use it) and heavy, which would be okay if it worked, but it doesn't. I had some of my other mers feel it and we have no idea what it is. It's really thick and floppy; virtually impossible to swim in. It only hinders swimming and fills up with water--LOTS of water; I think it's because she used this super thin neoprene this time instead of neoprin so it has no where to drain water out. It balloons up in the fluke like Raina's first Mertailor tail did. Overall it's a $700 glittery mistake and a reminder of what an idiot I was to give people a second chance instead of just getting my refund via Paypal. I closed the case and you can't reopen it once it's been closed. So don't be fooled. Don't buy from her, or if you already have, make sure it's everything you want/expect when you get it or ship it back and file a claim with Paypal, don't wait and certainly don't let her talk you out of it. She'll say things like 'my account is frozen now and I don't have the funds to keep making tails', it's a load of crap and if she's selling people such bad quality tails anyway, she shouldn't be allowed to keep doing it. Buyer beware.

AniaR
10-25-2013, 11:31 PM
I wonder if she made the monofin?

Ugh I know exactly what you're describing, it sounds so much like my old mertailor. ugggh. I feel so bad. :( I am SO sorry this happened to you. Just keep sharing your story.

Mermaid Oshun
10-26-2013, 05:30 AM
Currently I think it is Finfolk and Sirenalia who are having raffles.

Seatan
10-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Yeah, those two are the only raffles I've heard about, and FinFolk is doing it for NC MerFest, so it's not about helping start up a business. I looked at Mermaids R Us' eBay account and this is what it states about their tails now:

There are never any refunds or returns as this is a custom professional mermaid tail.

To me, that is the same as saying:

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER.

The reliable tailmakers I've seen always back up their product--after all, no one wants a reputation for making a poor product! Mistakes happen, though, and any decent tailmaker would be more than happy to either fix the problem for free or let you return the tail. NOT doing that is a sign of being UNprofessional, not professional.

AniaR
10-26-2013, 10:03 PM
So that's 4 current tail raffles, and 1 extra that no one has even heard the result from (the mermaids r us)

MerEmma
10-26-2013, 10:28 PM
Currently I think it is Finfolk and Sirenalia who are having raffles.

That is really weird. I've seen on others that their other fluke is one of the two options available, the one that Cyanea has.

Winged Mermaid
10-26-2013, 10:31 PM
Mistakes happen, though, and any decent tailmaker would be more than happy to either fix the problem for free or let you return the tail. NOT doing that is a sign of being UNprofessional, not professional.

Well then most tailmakers are unprofessional. Most tailmakers have a policy for no refunds and no returns. I know several have a statement that basically say that any issue with it is the customer's fault and they won't fix it. That's why it's so so important to buy from a reputable tailmaker. And that's why it's SO important for people to speak out and review honestly. Dozens of people come to me and other mermaids privately about bad and horrible quality tails, but then they NEVER post about it anywhere publicly. Even if you ask them to post it so the same thing won't happen to other people they usually won't because they don't want to "stir up drama" or they don't want to get on the tailmaker's bad side. It drives me MAD. :headwall::gah::headdesk:

Mermaid Crimson
10-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Wow, after hearing this information I'm not even sure what to do anymore. I know I really wanted to get a tail to start swimming in either a really nice fabric tail or a nice enough first time silicone tail. But it seems like most of the best quality silicone tails are at least 1500 which I can't afford right now. So maybe I should just look at a fabric tail for now. I was going to get a mer tailor partial silicone but now I'm at more or less an impasse. But I am definitely so grateful for all of you more experience merfolk for help and guidance. I love this forum.

MerEmma
10-26-2013, 11:08 PM
A fabric tail has always been a great place to start--make sure it's a hobby you want to pursue before you start dropping any super-serious cash on it. o.o'

Mermaid Crimson
10-26-2013, 11:33 PM
Yeah I think I'm gonna research on fin fun tails because I really like their monofins but I also want something realistic looking enough as a fabric tail. There are a few places I'm looking at @_@ so many choices

MerEmma
10-26-2013, 11:34 PM
MagicTail as far as a purchasable spandex/lycra tail is probably the most realistic you can get, and their monofin shape is very similar to that of FinFun's. A bit more pricey but I'd say to enjoy your research and read reviews! FinFun has a lot of YouTube videos from customers now, they've gotten really popular with the younger crowd due to their cheaper prices. ;P

Mermaid Crimson
10-26-2013, 11:56 PM
Yes! That's the name I was thinking of! It might have been you that recommended them to me before. Might try to get a quote for a custom tail. Cause I think they had limited colors.

MerEmma
10-27-2013, 12:05 AM
Yeah, limited colors. I don't know about a custom tail but I'd say it's worth a shot to ask! :)

Echinacea
10-27-2013, 12:56 AM
I am hoping to order my tail from Fin Fun this week - I think they have a FaceBook special running through October 31, where you can get a code/coupon for 10% off. They have some fun colors, though I am going for a plain 'Pirate Gold' to start with, and adding some embellishments to make it more 'mine'. I believe a custom tail from them costs about $90.00 to start, and the monofin is an additional $50.00.

AniaR
10-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Yeah it can be overwhelming with all the choices to know where to start!

Seatan
10-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Well then most tailmakers are unprofessional. Most tailmakers have a policy for no refunds and no returns. I know several have a statement that basically say that any issue with it is the customer's fault and they won't fix it.

Wow, see I think that is messed up. A customer should get what they are expecting. If you show images of a tail, then the tail you send should be comparable in every way. If someone sends measurements, the tail should be made to those measurements. Markets are meant to be consumer friendly to keep retailers honest. It is one thing for a customer to have unrealistic expectations--though hopefully the product is described in a way that lessens the chances of that--but to say "I don't care if it is poorly constructed and not what you asked for, you paid for it and its your problem now" is just unprofessional. People who have tail horror stories NEED to come forward so that people know that they can't get away with this.

Of course there is a fine line between not getting what they said you would get and getting what you pay for. It seems that MANY cases with tail makers do end up firmly on the cheating side, though, either because they are flat out making crap products and marketing them as better or they are falsely leading people to believe they are highly experienced in fields that they are not--making fabulous fabric tails does not give you the right to claim to be an experienced silicone tail maker if you've only made one. In the end, people shouldn't be afraid to come forward. If a tail maker is usually awesome and this was just one mistake, the good reviews will balance the negative. But if people never air their grievances, then people can come into this business and not even worry about producing good quality tails or having good customer service. I seriously feel bad for anyone who invested in a tail and basically got cheated, if only because in most other markets there is enough competition that people actually strive to always do you good.

ShyMer
10-27-2013, 11:23 AM
I thought it was generally standard for other companies that make custom work on commission to not offer refunds and returns unless it's obvious that it's their own fault. It's tough to sell something specifically made for someone else, particularly if it's made to specific measurements. The maker doesn't want to have to deal with trying to get rid of a product that came back. It's also expensive and time consuming to make these things.
Another thing- some people might try ordering, wearing it for whatever they wanted it for, then try to send it back, claiming it didn't meet expectations.

Some of the tailmaker s do work hard to make sure the customer gets what they want, though. It is expensive to ship them back and forth, but if the customer is willing, they'll take it back for adjustments, though depending on why they're being made, the customer has to pay for the adjustment as well. This is also why the tailmakers insist that the customer measures twice just in case and why progress pictures are important. They want to make sure it's right the first time.

PearlieMae
10-27-2013, 12:26 PM
As with any bespoke item, be it a mermaid tail or tailored suit our any other item that is custom made, traditionally there are no refunds, but the maker is responsible for making adjustments WITHIN REASON to make the item satisfactory.

If the maker shows one thing and promises you that thing, and delivers something completely different and / or substandard, the commissioner is entitled to a full refund. But often, the only way to get that refund is to sue the maker for fraud.

The price points of tails makes it difficult to pursue mostly because they are too expensive for small claims court, but not expensive enough to pay a lawyer to seek a refund.

Stick with makers with exemplary reputations, because in the end, it will be worth the extra money rather than saving a couple hundred bucks and being sorely disappointed.

If you want to give a new tailmaker a shot, be sure you have all possible concerns worked out before money changes hands. Caveat emptor! Let the buyer beware!

AniaR
10-27-2013, 03:00 PM
Honestly I have seen people take advantage of raven with her willingness to work and rework tails til they are perfect. And I've seen other tailakers get taken advantage of with refunds. There is one Mer in particular I call a serial returned cuz she constantly buys tails from all tail makers, does a shoot or swim, then return it.

Returns should only be offered under certain circumstances. And people need better real expectations of what they're getting. Even if you drop loads on a silicone it's not indestructible!

Firemaid
10-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Jumping in!
I am Sirenalia. We were thinking about/talking about doing a raffle.

It's actually kinda illegal, go we are holding off.

We are just looking for ways to make more mermaids! I know the tails are very expensive so I want to find ways to help people get into them for less.

A raffle seems like a way we could do that.

I'm not about to break the law, so until we find a work around (which may be as simple as donating some of the money raised to charity) no raffel from us...

ShyMer
10-28-2013, 07:46 PM
How is it illegal? Just curious.

AniaR
10-28-2013, 08:41 PM
you need a lottery license to hold a raffle, something I think probably every single raffle holder doesn't seem to know, nor abide by. Plus in the US the IRS plays a roll. You may think the government will not pay attention to something small, but in Canada we've had issues just trying to do 50/50 tickets etc.

Winged Mermaid
10-28-2013, 09:01 PM
I'm not about to break the law, so until we find a work around (which may be as simple as donating some of the money raised to charity) no raffel from us...

Depending on what state you're in, you can just buy a license from your State Department of Justice. I don't know what the fees are though. I took a glance and it could be $10-$100 or more depending on different factors. So it can be done legally, you just have to go through the right legal channels before you start selling tickets. Otherwise it's a crime :/

AniaR
10-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Im not sure about online too though, because the raffle ticket customers would all be in different states and each state has it's own laws?

I'm glad someone brought it up I was going to but thought it would be seen as dramatic. but yeah it's an important thing to consider. I think the more expensive the item is you're raffling, the more expensive your license, and you can only sell or make a certain amount I believe. I mean, you're more strict than Canada so it may not be exactly the same but something to look into.

Firemaid
10-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Im not sure about online too though, because the raffle ticket customers would all be in different states and each state has it's own laws?.

This is the problem. All the states have different laws. I don't think online raffles can really be legal.

I'm scheming other ways to do tail giveaways though.

I have a cute idea that might work. I'll let yall on it once I finish Cat's tail. ;)

AniaR
10-28-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm scheming other ways to do tail giveaways though.

You should look into your states laws because there may be ways around it :)

Winged Mermaid
10-28-2013, 09:37 PM
I don't think that's true. I think that the law that would apply would be the state in which the person/business/organization who is holding the raffle is located. You could send off an email to your State's Department of Justice if in doubt.

A give away is legal. It's only a legal issue if you charge anything for entry to the give away/contest/ect. Here's a handy link: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/ensure-your-giveaways-and-contests-are-legal.html

Mermaid Kelda
10-29-2013, 06:14 AM
Couldn't you also think of ways around it? Like, set up a way for people to make donations of a certain amount, then give out a free tail when those donations have added up to the full cost? Then you could just put all the people who donated into a random generator (or a hat), entered once for each donation they made.

Winged Mermaid
10-29-2013, 06:32 AM
I'm sure there are ways around it. It's just hard to tell what a loop hole is actually legally sound without a lawyer or something. I mean pretty much from what I've read if you get money for an entry to a give away than it's not legally okay :/ Well, people are gonna do what they're gonna do. I'm pretty sure most people don't even know about that law. I'm not going to report anyone for having a raffle or anything :P I just want to make sure members cover their ass in case someone decides to BE an ass about it. Like if someone gets sour about not winning or something.. people suck sometimes, ya know?

Mermaid Kelda
10-29-2013, 06:57 AM
Yeah, absolutely. Though I feel that if you didn't say the donations were for a give away (just implied it somehow) then there shouldn't be anything illegal about that. Donations are donations. So what if later on you decide to give away a free tail to thank everyone for being so kind :P

But I'm no lawyer, so I could be totally wrong! People definitely need to do their own research and act with discretion.

AniaR
10-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Well you've described kick starter. Donations in exchange for something lol

Firemaid
10-29-2013, 01:20 PM
Shhhhhhh!

Just wait. Stop figuring out my plan.
Jeez guys... ;)

AniaR
10-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Don't misunderstand... This is a discussion that applies to many.

PearlieMae
10-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Shhhhhhh!

Just wait. Stop figuring out my plan.
Jeez guys... ;)

Ha! I know, right?

Firemaid
10-29-2013, 05:40 PM
I understand. I want everyone to have all the information allways! I'm just being playful :) :)

Don't misunderstand... This is a discussion that applies to many.

Mermaid Lorelei
10-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Did anyone ever hear the results of Kanti Kane's tail raffle? I bought a ticket for it, but I haven't heard anything about the raffle since...

Blondie
10-30-2013, 12:26 AM
Did anyone ever hear the results of Kanti Kane's tail raffle? I bought a ticket for it, but I haven't heard anything about the raffle since...
I was just thinking about that a day ago. I haven't seen Kanti posting on the network in a while :\ but maybe I'm just missing it.

Mermaid Kelda
10-30-2013, 05:49 AM
I was just thinking about that a day ago. I haven't seen Kanti posting on the network in a while :\ but maybe I'm just missing it.
As far as I'm aware she had some family troubles recently so has been MIA for a while. She got back to me recently though, and I think MerEmma posted something about the raffle in a previous thread? That Kanti was trying to figure out what to do about it.

MerEmma
10-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I emailed Kanti about it and she said she had a death in the family and was trying to figure out precisely what to do about it now. I might poke her again about that, haha.

ShyMer
10-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Shadow fancy cancelled their raffle recently. Because of the legal stuff it's probably a good thing, but it's too bad there wasn't more interest.

AniaR
10-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Hope people get their money back after all the drama about other community members taking money.

Rocky Mountain Mermaids
12-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Crimson, I know this is a tad late, but if you are still looking for a good tail around Merberry and MermaidsRUs's pricing, I would recommend Mertailor-- he has extended his silicone neoprene tail until Jan 1, 2014!! It's a great tail and for a relatively good price, around 600 total.-- I used to work as a mermaid at the Denver aquarium and we used those particular Mertailor tails-- the only issue was that the paint kinda started falling off, but then again we used them extensivley every single day. Also, I know he's had his issues with customer service and timliness, but it seems he's worked things out lately-- my merfriend ordered a tail from him in August of this year, and received it in mid-october, so just 2 months! Which is awesome for a tail! Hers looks really nice too. I just ordered one ^.^ So yeah if you're still looking, I would definitely recommend that tail! But you gotta do it quick lol!

Fifi Tigg
04-09-2014, 03:52 AM
I thought I would put up the experience I've had with what was meant to be a new mermaidsrus tail, pictures will show what I got :( https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10155223_10152922398614119_7107790162620618829_n.j pghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/10172680_10152922398724119_8003502042121767210_n.j pghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/1507714_10152922398804119_195802566300138349_n.jpg https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1.0-9/1966946_10152922398884119_8111926459488678875_n.jp gBroken monofin and a lot of sand which suggests it is a used tail! :(https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/1660957_10152922399069119_6248186972439712086_n.jp ghttps://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1487414_10152922399144119_4922259642132895040_n.jp ghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1.0-9/10154498_10152922399204119_3775104872071108735_n.j pg terribly cut monofin :(

Merley
04-09-2014, 06:38 AM
I'm SOOO sorry this happened to you. Believe me, I know the feeling. :[ I hope there will soon be some repercussions for the way she runs her business, if she can even call it that.

ShyMer
04-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Yeesh, this person does not know how to cut a monofin from the looks of things. Also why would you leave such a damaged monofin in a tail? Why claim it was unused when there's sand all through it?

... is that rib stitched Jersey?

So many questions...

Any plans on how to save this one?

Fifi Tigg
04-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?7772-Mermaids-R-Us-tail-revamp
yes here it is :)

ShyMer
04-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Ha I missed it somehow, thank you :)

Pascal21M
10-09-2014, 09:13 PM
I have wrote her if she has an used silicone tail. She said yes. Last time i saw an used silicone tail on ebay which is currently online at ebay. I have asked her if it will fit me. She said no after a long time. After a few time later she offer me anotherused silicone mermaid tail. She asked for 480 $ plus 170 $ for shipping. Is that okay? Also she said shell send me some pics of it but i dont get pics untilabout one week.I'm slightly too impatient? Please help me with that?

AniaR
10-09-2014, 10:04 PM
I wouldn't risk it.

ShyMer
10-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Do we know a single person who was happy with a tail from this maker?

I don't think a used tail of this quality is worth that much anyway.

Don't get something just because it's silicone and cheap! You usually get what you pay for :(

Pascal21M
10-10-2014, 03:35 AM
Today she said that she will give me photos of the tail tommorow and sending it on Monday. But i only offer her a downpayment not more.
Its confusing :confused::confused:

I think ill buy me a latex tail or an used silicone tail

Pascal21M
10-10-2014, 03:36 AM
Thank you for your help!!

Mermaid Kelda
10-10-2014, 05:37 AM
Today she said that she will give me photos of the tail tommorow and sending it on Monday. But i only offer her a downpayment not more.
Its confusing :confused::confused:
I wonder if she's gotten confused, what with all her unfinished orders, and assumed you were a current client asking where the heck their tail is. You could always play along, see if you can wrangle yourself a free terribly made tail ;)

Pascal21M
10-10-2014, 06:03 AM
Then i should not order from her?

Mermaid Kelda
10-10-2014, 07:09 AM
Well, she's had very bad reviews in the past. Tails have been sloppily made, not cured, without a proper monofin, or actually just not sent out at all. I'd be wary of ordering from her.

Pascal21M
10-10-2014, 08:44 AM
I have cancelled it and set my downpayment for an Under Sea Latextail :yay::yay:

Yulia
10-15-2014, 10:39 AM
I have cancelled it and set my downpayment for an Under Sea Latextail :yay::yay:
You will be sooo much more happy with a tail from her! Excited for you!

Pascal21M
10-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Ill post pics of it when ill have it for you