PDA

View Full Version : Good places to swim in South-East Queensland

Mermaid Kelda
02-11-2013, 03:52 AM
Hi all!
I'm relatively new to the forum and this is my first post - I thought I'd find out whether there are any other Queensland mers out there!
I live half in Brisbane and half on the Sunshine Coast, and I've been finding it hard to locate any good swimming spots. I'm looking for somewhere with deep, clear waters that would be good to take photographs/videos in. Does anyone know of any areas around South-East Queensland that might work?

Elle
02-11-2013, 05:28 AM
There is Lake Mckenzie, on Fraser Island....But you need a 4WD to get there unless you're up for a lot of walking (as it's on the bush walk path).
Straddie has a few (but again most only have 4WD access)
There are swim spots at Somerset Dam, but I haven't been to them.

http://www.saltmagazine.com.au/articles/walk-in-the-park/adventure-activities-outdoors-swimming-holes.aspx

I can't really help much. Most things need 4WD to get to.

Mermaid Kelda
02-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Lake Mckenzie looks amazing, I will have to check it out! 4WD access isn't an issue for me, I have friends who would be happy to take me. Alternatively, a good long walk would probably do me some good! :D
Also thanks for the link to that list, I've been trying to find something like that!

Trident True
04-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Rainbow Beach is nice waters have been a little cloudy due to weather, but on a sunny day it looks beautiful.

Dallas
07-04-2014, 09:37 AM
There are a few reef/wreck diving areas around Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast, and I know the cove at No Osa is normally pretty calm and sweet for general swimming. Broadbent in the Gold Coast is good too.