PDA

View Full Version : My Mertailor Tail

MermaidNerenia
08-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Back in 2009 right before the new year I ordered a tail from The Mertailor. I got a great fitting tail and it does not bubble up in the water. I only waited about 6 1/2 weeks for my tail which was what I expected to wait.

I only had 3 complaints.

1. I asked for it to be an emerald green tail with fleks of blue. I got a plain blue tail.

2. I asked for an extra long piece of fishnet because I am a busty mermaid. I got a normal piece of netting for an A or a B cup.

3. I asked for a pair of large scale top pieces, because again I am a busty mermaid. I got normal ones for an A or B cup.

I was very dissapointed in the color but at least I had a tail.

Now after swimming all summer in it I have also began to notice another problem which concerns me. The latex on it is beginning to crack heavily on the top and wear off. I also had bits of paint come off.

All in all I am pleased with my tail as a tail, not with the customer service particurally. I am looking to invest in a better tail at some point in the near future, as a much better informed mermaid now I will probably be purchasing a MVD tail because he does custom color work.

Winged Mermaid
08-16-2011, 09:06 PM
I can tell your tail is the same as my blue tail and Marla's yellow tail. Both of them are degrading and cracking (paint going with as it goes) mainly at the top, but starting all over the tail as well. I'm afraid it's the quality of the materials. Even though they are far better quality than the latex ones he made from then out and the ones he makes now (many mers tell me this when they see it), they only last a year or two before they start degrading. I may try and repair my tail, but it looks tricky at this point. If I have any success with it I will post so maybe others can try their hand at repair as well. Next best thing is to make a belt to cover the damage like Marla did (http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/295878_232799793423080_100000791841618_558204_5874 979_n.jpg).

MermaidNerenia
08-16-2011, 10:31 PM
That is EXACTLY why I had my custom belt done. To cover the spots where it is tearing. I think the paint chipping was my fault, I grazed the bottom of a pool when I accidentally went to deep.

AniaR
08-16-2011, 11:48 PM
no, it's because he used Alex plus on it. They all stretch and chip it doesnt stretch with the neoprene and depending on what neoprene he used some were lower quality and more stretchier than others. Some members here have done swatch tests where they've literally stood on patches on neoprene covered with latex and paint on cement and twisted- with no scrapes! Like Iona said, quality of the materials.