PDA

View Full Version : mermaid extras needed!

Odette
02-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Hello everyone!,

I have an event i'm doing for con-nichiwa again. This year, i plan for it to be much more crazy and i want to really wow everyone and keep this up.i had to really explain mermaids to the programming director to get this to happen every year. :p

i need any mer who has their own tail and/or is attending con-nichiwa to be my swimming extras.All i ask is that you are comfortable swimming in your tail. i want to show the audience and other potential mermaids how mermaids swim but i cant while I'm explaining it so that's where you come in!

i also plan to bring some underwater set pieces that should look amazing and may have a photographer come by the pool if he can.So, free photos too!

you are not allowed to be rude or disrespectful to anyone and i will not tolerate trying to advertise your services over my panel.

This is a volunteer thing.

anyone interested?

i submit this panel and other mermaid related stuff to every convention in Arizona so there may be another chance for this as well!

MerEmma
02-13-2013, 07:12 PM
Wow, this sounds amazing. Great luck! (I'm nowhere near and nor do I have a tail, haha)

MermaidBrittany
02-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Really everything in AZ? :) How about the Renaissance Festival near Phoenix? I go every year, it would be SO cool to see you! :D

Odette
02-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Really everything in AZ? :) How about the Renaissance Festival near Phoenix? I go every year, it would be SO cool to see you! :D
every convention in AZ. I have contacted the renaissance festival, but it got in the way with other events. would love to meet you! have fun this year!

MermaidBrittany
02-13-2013, 08:21 PM
every convention in AZ. I have contacted the renaissance festival, but it got in the way with other events. would love to meet you! have fun this year!

Aw dang :/ ok. Maybe I will see you at another convention in AZ :) and thanks! I will!

Phoenix Mermaid
02-13-2013, 09:22 PM
I'd be interesting in doing it if it's in arizona. I have my own fabric tail if that would work. I would need more details about it though (:

Thalassa
02-14-2013, 12:10 AM
Depending on when it is, I might be able to do it. AZ is close enough for me to make the trip, I think, but only if I have the driving time and stuff.

Odette
02-15-2013, 02:17 PM
wonderful! i will PM you two more details soon
mermaidbrittany, i may be doing something for phoenix comicon again this year,so hopefully i will see you then!

Merman_Ryan
02-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Would totally be up for it if I didn't live in Virginia.

sydthefairebrat
02-16-2013, 03:46 PM
UGHH I started writing about how I might be able to do it if I skipped class that day and if my dad or boyfriend would be willing to make the drive (I live in Los Angeles, but my dad does a lot of business in AZ). But then I realized.....I have to help build our faire site and take classes for the Renaissance Faire. Blahhh /: I really wanted to do it, too! Maybe if I can drive by next year, I'll do it...because I got my boyfriend and both of my parents into working with me, so I don't want to take them away from helping. WHY MUST THINGS BE SO COMPLICATED?! :headwall::anger explode::headdesk:

spottedcatfish
02-17-2013, 01:32 AM
I'm intrigued by this offer. Will it be paid? Or have any incentives? Like free registration to the convention?

Mermaid Momo
02-17-2013, 05:10 PM
if i'm done with my tail by PCC, I could possibly do the one at PCC if it's approved.

Odette
02-18-2013, 08:46 PM
sydthefairebait-lol no worries. Im sure ill get so see you another time.good luck with the faire!!
spottedcatfish-i wont be able to give any incentives this year.i still have to argue for the panel to be taken care of properly.
draggersprez- PCC may be even more crazy awesome. im going to try to get on the actual programming this year. i got to meet the event manager. he is super cool.i should get started on that real soon.so glad you brought that up.cant wait to see the tail!!!

NatalieMermaid
02-20-2013, 05:42 PM
When is it and where in Arizona, I might be able to help out.

Odette
02-21-2013, 12:50 PM
When is it and where in Arizona, I might be able to help out.
march 22nd in Tucson

Mermaid Danielle
02-25-2013, 06:41 PM
I wish I could help out! But I'm in michigan...

Good luck with everything though!

Odette
02-28-2013, 08:29 PM
UPDATE: I finally got the speakers taken care of. Just needed to further discuss with the staff.:cool: I practiced setting up the tent. ill have a tent everyone can change into that leads right to the pool.Its a new feature that i bring with me to gigs if needed.Found out it needs an extra piece.Ill deal with that tomorrow.Everything seems to be coming together well. I'm excited for those of you who plan on coming!

Odette
03-29-2013, 05:18 PM
So my mermaid 101, 2013 was a success!The staff were very helpful and the security guards did more than i could hope for.Huge thanks to everyone who participated.To all the girls who helped the show, you all did great.Everyone took directions real well and were super nice and i didn't get any complaints about you guys.Thanks for showing off your diverse and beautiful tails!The girls who tried on the test tail i made were very happy and excited.I'm glad i made that option this year.

I may need some girls from Cali in the future as well as the Chicago area.Still talking it over so we shall see.
here are a few photos of the event:
Thanks for participating in Mermaid Odette's Mermaid 101 Panel! see you next year :mermaid kiss:

MerAnthony
03-29-2013, 07:28 PM
BOY!! I hate livng in upstate NY.

spottedcatfish
03-30-2013, 02:32 AM
Looks like you all had a good time!

Jenna/Angelfish
04-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Hello my name is Jenna I was wondering if you still make tails ?? Your tails gorgeous!! I'd love to shoot up to Arizona if you need a volunteer again for the weekend or something I'm from Tampa and I'd love to come out to you one day !! Let me know !!! Have a great day

Odette
04-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Hello,Jenna! I do still make tails but I've decided to make a few fabric ones first till i am comfortable with sizes.Everyone deserves a good quality tail.Tampa must be a nice area. closer to the sea than i am.I usually post upcoming events and when i may need help on my facebook page. (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mermaid-Odette/225578237472266) It's nice to meet you.

Mermaid Pickles
04-30-2013, 02:38 PM
I hate being in texas sometimes....=.=

MermaidCrystall
06-17-2016, 01:19 AM
If there are any future events comming g up that needs a mermaid let me know. I'm in maricopa but I can travel and I have my own silicone from the Mertailor.

Mermaid_Lyra
07-30-2016, 02:29 PM
would definitely be interested depending on how much tickets to connichiwa are and such?

AniaR
07-30-2016, 03:48 PM
this thread is 3 years old ;)