PDA

View Full Version : My Tail Designs/Color Schemes

merNixie
02-14-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm saving up for three silicone tails from three certain tailmakers, and based on what I've seen of each one's personal artistic flair/tailmaking style, I came up with some color schemes for the tail I want from each.
The first two go together- the lighter green is inspired from that milky, cloudy sea glass you find on the beach. The darker one with heel fins is like an algae green with a richer blue undertone that I'm hoping would be much more noticeable in the water, and a slight lightening of color through the fluke.
The third is just this piece of art in my head- I call it my "ocean tail", and I'm hoping to get a competitor mono in it so I can swim in the ocean once I'm confident enough- with this beautiful gradient from white through 4-5 different shades of blue, with the darkest color fading off mid-fluke into the lighter shade of blue that came before it so it gets lighter at the edge of the fluke.
I'd like all of them to have a small amount of clear or skin-tone scales at the waist, just enough to help blend my tail and waist together- the more realistic the better, right?

9629 9630 9631

I just have this thing for mermaids where I like really smooth/fin-less, organic tails in aquatic colors- I think flashy pink and purple tails are beautiful, but I don't know know that my merpersona is quite like that.
(Oh, and I'm hoping to order all of these in the next 9 or 10 months, based on some expected extra income, fingers crossed!)

What do you guys think? :)

P.S. Thanks for posting that great tail base, Koral! I used pixlr.com/editor/ in my browser, didn't even need to open up photoshop all fancy-like (too tired).
omg I wrote so much ;__; I'm just so picky/excited about designing my tails! <3

Mermaid Annariea
02-15-2013, 03:51 AM
i LOVE the third one. :D

Koral
02-15-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm stuck between the second and third ones. I like the shade of blue-green and the fins of the second one and the use of two colors on the third.