PDA

View Full Version : Should I make a FB page?

Ariel-Starfish
02-16-2013, 08:23 AM
I was wondering about making a FB page dedicadet to my mermaid adventures. But I need your advice guys!
I wanted to make one becouse I can stay in contact with all the other mers out there :) just for fun BUT: I deleted my personal account a few months ago becouse of Facebook: reading/thinking to much what other people say and I had depressed feelings aftherwards. I also had some family drama becouse of FB: writing stuff on my page and family telling my mom and dad about it etc. (if it was a negative thing).
Also know; I have Autism so that's what its have to do with 'thinking to much etc'

But now I want to just start a page (LIKE button) for mermaiding and about mermaiding. Not my personal life. What should I do?

Usagi
02-16-2013, 03:34 PM
I say go for it! I don't really do much mermaiding. I'm still trying to get in shape and all that to make sure I don't drown haha but I made a page, just for fun and people seem to enjoy seeing the silly little things I do :) you don't have to have an account to make a page!

Also, this is always something I ask people with autism, or that have kids/siblings with autism...when did you start speaking in full sentences? My nephew is 5 and still having some trouble making full sentences, even with all the therapy and special programs

Ariel-Starfish
02-17-2013, 03:05 AM
thanks for the replay!

Well, about the question; I asked my parents about it and they say I haven't got any problems with that in my childhood.
If there is anything u want to know feel free to pm me ;)

Lois
02-17-2013, 11:30 AM
I don't think you need a facebook page to stay in touch with all your mermaid friends, you can do that on here :) And there probably is already a mermaiding like. I think maybe considering you've recently had a negative experience with facebook you shouldn't go on it. Or if you do go back on facebook make sure you limit the amount of time you use it so that it doesn't upset you too much :)

Mermaid Danielle
02-17-2013, 12:39 PM
If you were having a hard time dealing with things on your personal facebook, I'm not sure creating a public page is the best idea. Sometimes the public can be very cruel with absolutely no reason behind it. And there are other ways to keep in contact with mers other than facebook!

If you think you are able to handle the public, then by all means go for it. Just be warned, people can be very difficult to deal with sometimes...

Best wishes!

Ariel-Starfish
02-18-2013, 01:23 PM
thanks for the comment Lois and Mermaid Danielle!

MermaidStormy
01-07-2014, 06:38 AM
Haha I know this post is old but wow you have autism So I do I probably only know one other mermaid who has that as well :D I love your facebook page it's neat !! :D