PDA

View Full Version : kids parties fun stuff to bring?:)

mermaid mandy117
02-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Ideas for fun things to bring to show/ give the kids? I was thinking of bringing shells ect to give! Would love to hear ideas!:)

Blondie
02-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Bubble would be cool. Even those giant bubble wands. Water guns, glitter, face paints, stick on gems, make up, pool toys, stuffed sea animals...

You know what would be really cool for a birthday party? Obviously, you would need to get the parent's permission but, little beta fishes for everyone. Or small $1 goldfishes. Then everyone gets a pet fish xD

Dacora
02-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Bubble would be cool. Even those giant bubble wands. Water guns, glitter, face paints, stick on gems, make up, pool toys, stuffed sea animals...

You know what would be really cool for a birthday party? Obviously, you would need to get the parent's permission but, little beta fishes for everyone. Or small $1 goldfishes. Then everyone gets a pet fish xD

No offence blondie, I know you mean well but goldfish need a 20 gallon tank or more, the water needs to be changed weekly and they need a lot of filtration. Something not everyone can afford or is willing to provide for a fish. Unless each and every parent has everything they need to care for it, the fish will end up suffering for it. they are not a starter fish, much less a pet to give to a child.
Now back on topic.

If you want to give out fish,they make little plastic fish that are adorable. Depending on how messy you want to get you can take small shells and have them paint on them or make little shell animals with those googly eyes. :)

mermaid mandy117
02-18-2013, 06:00 PM
O these are great ideas!"<3! I love the fake fish idea!

mermaid mandy117
02-18-2013, 06:07 PM
I was thinking of making goodie bags with mer related items for the children. I also was thinking about making goodybags to sell at fairs! Great idea to promote ur mer business! What would be some cheaper items to put in them?

Ayla of Duluth
02-18-2013, 07:09 PM
No offence blondie, I know you mean well but goldfish need a 20 gallon tank or more, the water needs to be changed weekly and they need a lot of filtration. Something not everyone can afford or is willing to provide for a fish. Unless each and every parent has everything they need to care for it, the fish will end up suffering for it. they are not a starter fish, much less a pet to give to a child.
Minnows. problem solved.

Winged Mermaid
02-18-2013, 10:52 PM
Off the top of my head.. acrylic jewels, fake pearl stands, shell necklaces, tiny bubble bottles, tiny bottles of sand or colored sand/sand art, tiny bottles of glitter, small starfish (plastic or real), shells, glass "mermaid wishing stones", fake gold coins, plastic toy sea creatures, small combs covered with glitter acrylic and/or small shells, smooth sea rocks.

You can get half pearls and flat gems in scrapbooking sections that are self adhesive as well as loose acrylic gems :)

Mermaid Marissa
02-18-2013, 11:34 PM
Off the top of my head.. acrylic jewels, fake pearl stands, shell necklaces, tiny bubble bottles, tiny bottles of sand or colored sand/sand art, tiny bottles of glitter, small starfish (plastic or real), shells, glass "mermaid wishing stones", fake gold coins, plastic toy sea creatures, small combs covered with glitter acrylic and/or small shells, smooth sea rocks.

You can get half pearls and flat gems in scrapbooking sections that are self adhesive as well as loose acrylic gems :)

I love the wishing stone idea!! I've made cute little hair clips for kids with tiny sea shells and "seaweed" on alligator clips. Really easy to make and they are sooooo cute :D

mermaid mandy117
02-19-2013, 02:22 AM
These are some great ideas!!!! :)

Mermaid Momo
02-19-2013, 06:39 PM
At be make a little fishing rod out of a dowel ,some twine or waterproof string and a magnet and have the kids go fishing for little things?

Mermaid Momo
02-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Also, a little tail (one of those open foot ones for walking in) may be pretty good for the party go-ers to wear and get dry photos with you in.

Nyx
02-19-2013, 07:46 PM
I once got pet goldfish from a friend's birthday.
Let me tell you, it ended with two dead fish, a funeral, and a heart broken little girl. However I've seen some really cute fake aquariums! It would be really cute.
You could make cheap little hair clips with shells, and (I don't know how much shark teeth cost) but a shark tooth necklace for a boy is super cool, I used to go crazy for those when I was little XD.

mermaid mandy117
02-20-2013, 02:29 PM
I once got pet goldfish from a friend's birthday.
Let me tell you, it ended with two dead fish, a funeral, and a heart broken little girl. However I've seen some really cute fake aquariums! It would be really cute.
You could make cheap little hair clips with shells, and (I don't know how much shark teeth cost) but a shark tooth necklace for a boy is super cool, I used to go crazy for those when I was little XD.I. Love those ideas!:)

Nyx
02-20-2013, 07:13 PM
Thank you!

Mermaid Arianna
02-20-2013, 10:36 PM
One of my friends had an ocean themed birthday once, party favors were those 10 cent feeder fish, 5 years later mine are still alive, in a two gallon tank.
Back on topic, Big beads, fake diamonds and tiaras are great. Plastic pirate coins, Beach balls, walking tails, fake fish in bowls with sand and shells, it can teach them responsibility without be harmful to living creatures, Make new labels for blue Gatorade like "Ocean Water" or "Mermaid Tea" Shells and rocks, necklaces, bubbles, a little bag of saltwater taffy of chocolate rocks?