PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Fancy Youtube

Morticia Mermaid
02-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Just wanted to share that Shadow Fancy officially now has our own Youtube channel. We've got 4 videos up so far, but plan on adding a lot more. Please check it out and subscribe to the channel!

Shadow Fancy Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowFancyTails?feature=watch)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi6YaSlytvY

Fingers crossed the video shows and works

FreshWaterMermaid
02-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Yay! *subscribed*

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

spottedcatfish
02-19-2013, 11:16 PM
I subscribed too.

Mermaid Pickles
02-19-2013, 11:30 PM
SO did I, and love the tail~! It's so pretty~!

Morticia Mermaid
02-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Thanks everyone :)

I've lost quite a bit of weight since I made it, so I have to take in the seams from the knees to the waist. Also have a couple alterations I am going to do. Adding a shimmery fabric to the end of the fluke, possibly going to add pectoral fins (not sure just yet), and may start adding the sequins to it

Winged Mermaid
02-20-2013, 01:21 AM
Subscribed! Glad you're getting some video content up- video of tails in actions is a big thing customers look for when deciding on a tail, and a lot of time what sells them on it. Looking great!

Little off topic, but just a thought you can take or leave. You may want to test out some primers for painting on neoprene. Neoprene is a thirsty material, so you can often end up having to use a ton of paint (which I'm sure you know is expensive) and/or get a streaky effect. Primers can help with that, and help the color pop more instead of being heavily influenced by the neoprene's color (happens a lot if you're not using white). Just a suggestion- sorry for getting off topic!

MerAnthony
02-20-2013, 08:27 AM
I subscribed Lexia. Great job.

Shadow Fancy
02-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Subscribed! Glad you're getting some video content up- video of tails in actions is a big thing customers look for when deciding on a tail, and a lot of time what sells them on it. Looking great!

Little off topic, but just a thought you can take or leave. You may want to test out some primers for painting on neoprene. Neoprene is a thirsty material, so you can often end up having to use a ton of paint (which I'm sure you know is expensive) and/or get a streaky effect. Primers can help with that, and help the color pop more instead of being heavily influenced by the neoprene's color (happens a lot if you're not using white). Just a suggestion- sorry for getting off topic!

Thanks Iona. That's actually a good idea, not sure why I didn't think of that :headdesk: The paints I am planning on using, actually has a primer paint I can buy too. I'm going to buy a few new neoprene sheets with my tax returns and work on a couple more tails for myself, and maybe 1 or 2 for sale (not sure yet though)

Would have replied with my mermaid account, but my work internet is being weird and wont connect to facebook servers at all and I don't know my login info off the top of my head -.-

MerEmma
02-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Subscribed! =D

Winged Mermaid
02-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Thanks Iona. That's actually a good idea, not sure why I didn't think of that :headdesk: The paints I am planning on using, actually has a primer paint I can buy too. I'm going to buy a few new neoprene sheets with my tax returns and work on a couple more tails for myself, and maybe 1 or 2 for sale (not sure yet though)

No problem! Sometimes it just takes and outside perspective becuase you get so engrossed in the work it just doesn't occur to you (I know that from experience for sure, haha). Great to hear you'll be working on more tails- can't wait to see how they turn out!

Morticia Mermaid
02-20-2013, 08:44 PM
:) Going to be ordering a brand new airbrush system and a gopro when I get my tax returns. Also found a new company that I am working on getting an order set up for some higher quality neoprene that I am going to be testing out. Ordering a couple different grades and 2 different textures, possibly a 3rd if they have it in stock when I get tax returns and can pay for the order