PDA

View Full Version : My Senior Project Video -Freediving/SCUBA

MermaidBrittany
02-20-2013, 11:29 PM
Hey all!
I decided that I needed a video to go along with my senior boards (my final, cumulative project presentation of everything I have done in HS.) It is in-cooperated into a 16 minute long speech so the video itself isn't very long. :)

Since I have been getting into freediving a lot more, I decided to included it since my theme for the whole project is the ocean, and it will help me stand out. :)

This is what I have, it is very basic since its supposed to just touch on the subject, since it is only one aspect of who I am.

If anyone had any constructive criticism or any advice they would like to give me it would be much appreciated! Im not a pro video maker after all :P

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSTU1N_hx5U

Mermaid Danielle
02-21-2013, 05:27 AM
Hmm, I guess any critiquing would be dependent on what you plan to say in your speech, and the requirements of the assignment. Could you post a summary of both, so we know what type of help may be needed? Other then that, it is a good video, and you look beautiful underwater! :)

Mermaid Marissa
02-21-2013, 08:09 AM
Hey all!
I decided that I needed a video to go along with my senior boards (my final, cumulative project presentation of everything I have done in HS.) It is in-cooperated into a 16 minute long speech so the video itself isn't very long. :)

Since I have been getting into freediving a lot more, I decided to included it since my theme for the whole project is the ocean, and it will help me stand out. :)

This is what I have, it is very basic since its supposed to just touch on the subject, since it is only one aspect of who I am.

If anyone had any constructive criticism or any advice they would like to give me it would be much appreciated! Im not a pro video maker after all :P

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSTU1N_hx5U

This is awesome! I was planning on doing my senior studies project on the same thing! Well... Sort of. Either way this is super cool :D

MermaidBrittany
02-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Hmm, I guess any critiquing would be dependent on what you plan to say in your speech, and the requirements of the assignment. Could you post a summary of both, so we know what type of help may be needed? Other then that, it is a good video, and you look beautiful underwater! :)

Well, the whole project is basically...
-Describe your background
-Talk about Research paper and how it has influenced you
-Desribe how your Community Experience has affected you
-Explain who you are today and what you plan for your future

For my speech, I will include the video where it talks about who i am today and what I plan on doing in the future.

But what you really have to do is try and make yourself stand out. Since I am participating in the honors program its almost like a competition to make it so you are noticed.
The video must be less than 2 minutes long.

Those are the basic requirements for it :) Thanks for looking at it!

Video editing feedback is great too.

MermaidBrittany
02-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Anyone else have more feedback? :)

Winged Mermaid
02-22-2013, 12:31 AM
16 minute speech? Holy moly. The video looks good! The fade through black are good standard transitions to use so they look good. The only thing I might have done is to have the text fade into the solid background and back out again. It makes it pop a little more. I don't know if you have the capability to do that with the video editing program you have, though. That's the only thing I can think of in terms of the video. Is there a reason that it's so short (are there restrictions, ect)? I'm curious as to why you didn't make mention of your tail/mermaiding or have a small clip. The reason I ask is if you're really wanting to stand out, that would be a way to do it for sure. But now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever heard you mention if you have one or not.

MermaidBrittany
02-22-2013, 12:49 AM
16 minute speech? Holy moly. The video looks good! The fade through black are good standard transitions to use so they look good. The only thing I might have done is to have the text fade into the solid background and back out again. It makes it pop a little more. I don't know if you have the capability to do that with the video editing program you have, though. That's the only thing I can think of in terms of the video. Is there a reason that it's so short (are there restrictions, ect)? I'm curious as to why you didn't make mention of your tail/mermaiding or have a small clip. The reason I ask is if you're really wanting to stand out, that would be a way to do it for sure. But now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever heard you mention if you have one or not.

Thanks so much for the feedback! :) I will definitely look to change the lettering transitions. The reason I only used the standard transitions was because I think using too many takes away from the content. Its so short because it has to be under 2 min and I have soo many other things to include. :/ About standing out, wellll I wanted to stand out buut I didn't want to overwhelm them with strange, new things that they couldn't quite digest. Its also kind of a sensitive subject with me, and there will be a group of other senior is the room as well so I decided to keep with the basics. :P

MermaidBrittany
03-02-2013, 05:41 PM
If anyone was wondering, I had my speech on Friday and i passed!!! The time limit was from 14-16 min and i ended RIGHT on 16 min! Whew talk about cutting it close!
Anyways, they were very intrigued and I was the most uniquely diverse person that presented of which i am very proud of.:)
The board loved the video so mission accomplished!

Winged Mermaid
03-02-2013, 06:27 PM
That's so awesome!!! Congrats! :highfive:

MermaidBrittany
03-03-2013, 02:38 AM
Thanks so much! :)