PDA

View Full Version : (Sold!) Oceanika Merfin selling on Ebay!!

spottedcatfish
02-23-2013, 10:12 PM
Hey all,
There's an Oceanika Merfin selling on Ebay right now! It's a women's size 7-9, and it's the blue one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monofin-Mermaid-Tail-Fin-Oceanika-like-finis-Cosplay-Swimming-/290867402792?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b90c5828

Mermaid Pickles
02-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Oooh, so tempting.....

MerEmma
02-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Interesting...it's a good deal since you don't have to pay shipping for it. I'm a bit curious and I might try to hop on it. I THINK that's my size, but I'll have to measure again in the morning. When I asked my mom about it she wanted to buy more than just one so we could sell them on eBay for less of a shipping cost (we looked it up and shipping a ton in one box is a lot cheaper). Thanks for sharing, definitely. I'll look into it. It's also in Tampa.

MerEmma
02-24-2013, 02:27 PM
AHH. Thank you SO much for posting this. I just bought it and it'll be here between the 28th and the 6th. Now if only there were a pool open right now (dumb winter, why do Florida pools close this time anyway? It's 87 degrees out!). Seriously, I wouldn't have seen it if you hadn't posted it. EEEE! My first monofin! :yay::yay:

Mermaid Melusinah
02-24-2013, 02:52 PM
AHH. Thank you SO much for posting this. I just bought it and it'll be here between the 28th and the 6th. Now if only there were a pool open right now (dumb winter, why do Florida pools close this time anyway? It's 87 degrees out!). Seriously, I wouldn't have seen it if you hadn't posted it. EEEE! My first monofin! :yay::yay:

OH AWESOME!!! Congrats!!! It's such an awesome feeling isnt it!!

MerEmma
02-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Yes, it is!! I'm so psyched. Now I can ask for a waterproof camera for my birthday!

Blondie
02-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Yay Emma!!!! I'm so glad you got it!!!

MerEmma
02-24-2013, 09:27 PM
I am too. Just, eeeeee! I've been jumping up and down the entire day.

MerEmma
02-27-2013, 01:37 PM
IT JUST CAME!!! SO HAPPY. It's fairly large on my feet but it doesn't feel like it's gonna fall off or anything. It's SO big though! And it feels like the perfect amount of floppiness to it. I love it so much, omg. I wanna go swimming so bad with it! I'm trying to convince my mom to take me before March 14th (MegaCon; be staying in a hotel) because I'm SO ANXIOUS. It's so NICE! xD It was boxed really funny, haha. The foot pocket had a separate piece of cardboard to it and the mailman asked what it was. xD

Blondie
02-27-2013, 10:38 PM
If you think it's a bit too big you can always get those sock booties to give it a little more of a better fit. Hopefully your feet will grow into it perfectly. Better too big than small! Glad you got it! You should take some pictures with it!

MerEmma
02-28-2013, 09:01 AM
My dad has some booties but they're way too big. I'm going to try and go swimming later morning today if I accomplish some things first. Then I'll have to see if I need booties or not. I was only able to take one picture last night with my sister's iPod--have some more on my camera but haven't had time to put them online. I'm gonna try and get my sister to film me using it when I can. I'm just so excited! xD

MerEmma
02-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Heading out right now, but unfortunately my mom doesn't know how to use the camera. xD Maybe next time. SO EXCITED. I called and asked about monofins and the guy didn't know what they were, haha. "Swim fins?" "Uh, yeah. That."

MerEmma
02-28-2013, 02:29 PM
Triple post, lol. Got back a bit ago and it was amazing. I'm going to do a full review at some point but currently my feet are in massive pain. I was surprised to get blisters on the backs of my feet instead of the tops like I got on my Churchill fins (which were tolerable; this is terrible! lol). It was totally worth it though, I love the fin! It was surprisingly difficult to swim with. So glad I bought it, though! <3

Blondie
03-01-2013, 01:45 AM
Glad you liked it! Yeah the sockbooties will help with your blisters and fitting. They're called neoprene socks. Here's a link to some on amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/2mm-Neoprene-Snorkeling-Fin-Sock/dp/B004UTNHE8/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1362120241&sr=1-2&keywords=neoprene+socks

spottedcatfish
03-01-2013, 03:58 AM
Glad to see that monofin was purchased by you MerEmma! Have a great time with it!

MerEmma
03-01-2013, 08:34 AM
I will, thanks for the link. Unfortunately my "boo-boo" is up higher than the socks go, lol! But I'll definitely look on Amazon. Was gonna go to a dive shop but I don't think our local one carries 'em.

Candytails
03-04-2013, 09:52 AM
I was swimming vigorously in my rapid yesterday and got a blister on my big toe. I had socks (non neoprene) that I found weren't allowed in the pool so I had to go without

Bellasea
03-04-2013, 10:23 AM
I got such bad blisters from my monofin over the summer. I never tried socks, but I might this summer.

MerEmma
03-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Why wouldn't they allow socks? lol. Sounds like a really...weird rule. I guess though if they aren't neoprene or spandex then maybe they think the fibers would mess up the filters. Or something. The dive shop normally carries 'em but they don't have them in right now so I guess I have to order some online.

Also, I filmed my review yesterday. Just gotta edit it together.

Candytails
03-04-2013, 10:44 AM
When I started researching monofins someone suggested using my own socks instead of neoprene. They work just the same but appearantly won't get you kicked out of the pool. Even after explaining its uses for preventing blisters and sizing issues I conceded.

MerEmma
03-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Do these look good? http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/31149.htm
I decided on spandex vs. neoprene because my feet are so wide there's not any room for neoprene on the sides of the pockets.

Mermaid Lily_Pad
12-04-2015, 10:09 AM
I use ankle/foot wraps. The kind made for injuries, they are kind of like ace bandages but sewn together. They cover all the rub areas around the ankle without feeling like your feet are smooshed

Mermaid Wesley
12-05-2015, 04:55 PM
I use ankle/foot wraps. The kind made for injuries, they are kind of like ace bandages but sewn together. They cover all the rub areas around the ankle without feeling like your feet are smooshed

That's a really good idea. My fin is a tad too tight for my liking and it does give me blisters so I think wrapping my feet a little snugly before I put my fin on would be perfect! That way I can avoid the sock-struggle lol

Spandex might work in a pinch too, especially if you're like me and have tons of scraps hanging around. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk