PDA

View Full Version : Hi Mernetwork! <3

Mermaid Tula
02-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Hey everyone. I'm Sam, or Comatose Angel, or Mermaid Tula. Depends on the day lol. Some basic info about me. I'm currently 26, I have a 5 year old daughter who also loves mermaids. Currently I have teal and purple hair. I live in Pocatello, Idaho. I'm a student currently, working towards a bachelors in Fine Arts.

So I'm fairly new to the site, but not to mermaids.
Ever since I was a wee little one, I've always loved mermaids and aquatic mythological creatures. (and non mythological!)

So lets see, my progress on getting a tail.. I only have a basic monofin. It's the Finis Foil. Unfortunately, my feet have either gotten bigger, or the fin smaller since I bought it last year. I'm thinking the fin got smaller lol.
I'm hoping within the next month or so I'll be able to get one that fits properly, and has more of a 'fishy' look to it.
I'm still having a super debate on whether I want a fabric tail, a neoprene tail, a latex tail, or a silicone tail. I'm thinking for now, with the lack of solid funding, I'll start out with a fabric tail.

So over all, Hi! How are you all doing? I'm pretty good! Oh and I'd love to meet other Idaho mermaids.

Ashe
02-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Welcome to Mernetwork! I love your enthusiasm ;) And good luck in your Fine Arts bachelors! I'm only 13, but reeeeeaaaaallly want to be an artist, so I love being able to see others achieve their goals :) Anyways, back to mermaids, I hope you can get your dream tail soon, there are so many makers to choose from, or if your crafty the options are unlimited if you make your own. Feel free to ask any questions! :D

AniaR
02-23-2013, 10:45 PM
welcome to the forum!

Mermaid Tula
02-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Currently my biggest issues are money (see above.. college student + child = no money lol), and I'm plus size. I worry about the way I'll look in a tail since I am a lot more curvy than most. Also one of the things that kind of worries me is my age. I see a lot of people who have started out so young (like you <3) with their mermaiding. I am working on loosing weight. I am proud to say that within the last 6 months I have lost almost 15 pounds!

Mermaid Tula
02-23-2013, 10:48 PM
thanks Raina! I've seen so many pictures of you online <3 I'm pretty sure I have a few saved on my computer for inspiration <3

MerEmma
02-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Welcome! <3

Mermaid Tula
02-23-2013, 11:54 PM
Thanks!

Mermaid Cascada
02-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Welcome to Mernetwork! :D

Mermaid Tula
02-24-2013, 11:16 AM
thanks!