PDA

View Full Version : Fun Business Cards!

MermaidNerenia
02-26-2013, 01:40 PM
Just curious what other mer's are using for business cards. I just got my act together and got the supplies to make mine. I ordered a bunch of blue stained vintage gift tags, a bag of mni seashells, = art deco rubber mermaid stamp and a self inking pretty calligraphy stamp with my info and title on it. One side of the tag will be the mermaid stamp with a mini shell glued on, the other will have the info for me on it. I thought it would be different and pretty.

Anyone else out there using custom stuff?

Mermaid Nerenia

Mermaid Fenicia
02-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Here is my card:
http://mernetwork.com/index/album.php?albumid=591&attachmentid=9766

Morticia Mermaid
02-26-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm actually working on designing mine today. I think the stamp idea is absolutely brilliant. I'll have to give it a try with the stamp I just ordered for tagging my tails :)

MermanJesse
02-28-2013, 03:17 AM
Sorry to go off topic, but is has to be said that Morticia Mermaid's kitty signature is so cute and funny at the same time. Cats are amazing, I love both of my girls. (even though only one of them loves me, while the other one tolerates me.)

Morticia Mermaid
02-28-2013, 09:00 AM
Sorry to go off topic, but is has to be said that Morticia Mermaid's kitty signature is so cute and funny at the same time. Cats are amazing, I love both of my girls. (even though only one of them loves me, while the other one tolerates me.)

Thanks Jesse. It's actually something I saw shared on a facebook page and literally thought "oh, that would be awesome for my signature".

On topic- I'm actually going to be ordering and testing my stamps this weekend. I'm actually really excited cause my mer-sis sent me a bunch of blank cardstock/blank business card sheets. So going to test it on those, and test my thought on using it to "tag" my tails

Mer_Adella
02-28-2013, 09:05 AM
I ordered mine when vista print was having a sale 500cards for 10$. the background pic is of me swimming in my tail (away from the camera with my blog, gigsalad, and email address.

Mermaid Caspiana
03-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi, that's funny. Lol. U should look up kitty's who love water or something I forget the title. It so cute and hilarious! Lol the thumbnail has a cat chilling out in a bucket o water all wet with a rubber ducky laying on its belly. It's great!

Mermaid Caspiana
03-01-2013, 09:08 PM
I was gonna say VistaPrint too. Lol

MermanJesse
03-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Vista Print is good. Also, I was kind of snooping around Kinkos/FedEx and came across do it yourself business cards. Not to mention, Kinkos actually makes business cards. So that is an option too!

Kanti
03-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Vistaprint is my favorite. Kinkos is great for if you have an event and don't have time to order them online, but the quality of the cards is pretty meh. They're a lot thinner than the ones from Vistaprint and the colors seem a little lighter/faded. I got mine done at Kinkos once and I asked that they be redone darker because they just looked faded. They were nice and did it for me for free, so that was good.
As I said the cards were a bit bleh but they did the trick! Vistaprint has the best quality our of the two.

FreshWaterMermaid
05-24-2013, 10:47 AM
I just got my business cards from vista print and I love them! I had a lot of fun making them too, their website is really nice.
What do you guys think?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/24/hu8etepu.jpg
I'm always trying to create my logo when I have time to dabble and draw, but it has caused me to wait to get business cards. One of these days I'll put more time into getting my logo finished, and it'll be on the next batch of cards. ^_^

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Aziara
05-24-2013, 03:30 PM
What about waterproof business cards? I think it would be kinda cool to have a little pouch either hidden just inside the waistband of a tail, or a little coin purse-type thing attached to a mermaidy belt. I think it's possible to print on plastic sheets at home....hmm, off to research the net I go.

MerEmma
05-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Waterproof business cards are a great idea but very expensive to have them laminated.

Aziara
05-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Oh.. I meant mostly as a DIY kind of project, more or less. I'm sure that would be expensive to have it done. You could use the at home laminating trick with clear packing tape (sheet on the front, sheet on the back, cut around the card, viola, laminated :) )
Could also print on these: http://www.officedepot.com/mb/skupage.do?skuid=987933
I'm not sure how the ink would hold up in water, though. You'd probably still have to laminate the front... Might be easier and cheaper just to fully home laminate normal business cards with the packing tape.

MerEmma
05-24-2013, 04:17 PM
We have a laminator and the little sheets are kinda expensive. The clear taped idea is definitely the cheapest.

MerMarla
05-24-2013, 05:40 PM
I just got my business cards from vista print and I love them! I had a lot of fun making them too, their website is really nice.
What do you guys think? I'm always trying to create my logo when I have time to dabble and draw, but it has caused me to wait to get business cards. One of these days I'll put more time into getting my logo finished, and it'll be on the next batch of cards. ^_^

I love the photo! They did a great job printing it, too! Did you just bring a photo, and work with them on where to put text, or did you have it already done, say, in Photoshop format they could directly print? It really turned out great!

FreshWaterMermaid
05-24-2013, 09:14 PM
That is why I said their website was so great. I did it all from my house ^_^ I uploaded my photo and put text on top. Thanks!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Mermaid Marissa
05-26-2013, 05:08 PM
I have business card http://mernetwork.com/index/attachment.php?attachmentid=11424&d=1369602228 but what I also do for the kids is I paint my name and info on shells, medium size river rocks, or flat back marbles and I give them out where ever I'm in my tail.

Mermaid Kalliope
06-04-2013, 02:09 AM
I know that there are companies that make water proof business cards, which would be awesome for the beach! But, for now I think I'll start with Vista Print. I have some right now for my crocheting and they look great. :D

Erica McKenna
07-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Packing tape! Excellent idea!

Arella
03-15-2014, 02:39 PM

Just wanted to show you guys my card preview : )

Mermaid Jaffa
03-18-2014, 11:06 PM
I was thinking of using plastic plant leaves, then I won't have to worry about waterproofing it when I go for a swim.