PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have unwanted/leftover sculpey or other brand polymer clay?

Ayla of Duluth
02-27-2013, 08:06 PM
So I've been going through a bit of a trying time lately and I've desperately been looking for something to get myself out of this rut I'm in. The clay that I had bought a while ago to try and make molds for tops and other accessories was the wrong kind of clay. So I have ten pounds of earth clay sitting in my basement that requires a kiln to use, and it cracks when it dries so it can't be used to make sculptures.

This was the breaking point of my day. I went to google and was looking at 2oz packages of white sculpey. I only have like 3 bucks on my card and a 5 in cash so I was shocked when a 1 dollar package of 2oz clay cost 10 dollars to ship! I was furious. What's the big deal charging so much to send a handful of clay???

So yeah. I was wondering if any members on here had unwanted or leftover sculpey that they could find it in their heart to send to me. I just really want something to distract me from all this drama in my life and I've been looking at going to college for sculpture [more drama, can't afford to move to the cities to go to art school, can't even afford the art school] so I could one day become a tail maker. So I figured clay was the best way to fill my time and get a little practice. My parents are gone to california for 2 weeks and I have nothing to do here at home.

So yeah, there's my sob story. I have no money, no means of getting up to Hobby Lobby to hopefully find some cheap clay, etc. Anyone got leftovers they'd be willing to send me? :3

MerEmma
02-27-2013, 08:16 PM
I love Sculpey but it's so darn expensive. Unfortunately I don't have any that's unwanted (we've got some crumbs that are very hard that I need to use up). Good luck, though!

Ayla of Duluth
02-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Really? I didn't realize polymer clay was so expensive. 2oz is a little over a dollar when I was shopping for it on google, but I suppose its only cheap there because its online shopping instead of looking in the stores.

MerEmma
02-28-2013, 05:28 PM
That's probably it. When I went to Michael's recently, I took a picture of the massive selection they had of it. Hold on a second while I look to see what Michael's had it for...

*hold for moment*

Okay, I looked. The big chunks were $9 and the little ones I can't find the price from the picture. Hm...I think the little individual color blocks were $3. Ish. Might've been like 2.50.

If you'd like to see:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RxdFTkupx_s/UQ00uBJxUII/AAAAAAAAD-g/vbTiwryjtiA/s1600/DSCN0635.JPG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-81RKWmUfsVA/UQ00x-Vt00I/AAAAAAAAD-o/opqNeB7POEs/s1600/DSCN0636.JPG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qCNoxxv-i-I/UQ005QxhSXI/AAAAAAAAD-w/FDGo538t-fc/s1600/DSCN0637.JPG

Ayla of Duluth
02-28-2013, 06:03 PM
That's actually not too bad a price. I guess I'm just gonna have to find something to tide myself over until my parents get home in a week. on a different note, in the second picture, there's some super sculpey on the right hand side. what's that?

MerEmma
02-28-2013, 06:24 PM
I think Super Sculpey is meant to be more ceramic-y?